Civil Suit Hearing Tues., 1/6/09 Judge Reprimands Defense Team

Reaction score
Anyone heard if there will be video links? please post here if you see one. If not we still can discuss.

I've tried TruTV, but so far nothing. I hope they allow the civil suit to go on without delay.

It seems really unfair to the person filing a civil suit to delay their case for no telling how long because the accused wants to go through a criminal process first. Does anyone know what the law states about this or what the precedent is?

It seems really unfair to the person filing a civil suit to delay their case for no telling how long because the accused wants to go through a criminal process first. Does anyone know what the law states about this or what the precedent is?

I agree, just like Amy's case, to me that should be brought to court ASAP..

I tried to go here, the OC site comes up with a statement that the session cannot be found?

Here you go, try this ...

Search under 'Civil' to find info re: Casey and ZFG case ...

HTH
=]

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/

ETA: VALee, I guess we were getting the info at the same time, lol You can also find criminal info here as well.

I tried to go here, the OC site comes up with a statement that the session cannot be found?

Sorry, you have to go into the orange county site, civil cases, and when it gets to the disclaimer, click "Yes". It may not let you pull it up without that.

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/ (on left click My Clerk)
Takes you to "myclerk Disclaimer" read and click Yes
Takes you to "myclerk Search page" Scroll down and search for "Civil"

Here's the info:
Case #: 08-CA-0024573-O

Event Date Event Time Description Location
1/6/2009 0900 HEARING

Docket Date Defendant Docket Entry
9/24/2008 COMPLAINT FILED
9/24/2008 CIVIL COVER SHEET FILED
9/24/2008 000 INITIAL JUDGE ASSIGNED SPRINKEL, G A IV 33
9/24/2008 20 DAY SUMMONS ISSUED..HAND TO ATTY'S RUNNER
9/29/2008 20 DAY SUMMONS SRVD [9/26/2008] AS TO CASEY ANTHONY
10/16/2008 PLAINTIFF'S OBJECTION TO DEFENDANT'S CASEY ANTHONY MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME
10/20/2008 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL ON BEHALF OF CASEY ANTHONY
10/22/2008 DEFTS MOTION FOR ENLARGEMENT OF TIME IN WHICH TO RESPOND TO PLTFS COMPLAINT
10/22/2008 ORDER FOR SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL
10/22/2008 STIPULATION FOR SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL AND ORDER (FAX)
10/23/2008 MOTION FOR ENLARGEMENT OF TIME IN WHICH TO RESPOND TO PLTF'S COMPLAINT
10/23/2008 ORDER EXTENDING TIME
11/10/2008 DEFENDANT'S ANSWER TO COMPLAINT AND THE DEFENDANT'S COUNTERCLAIM AND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES
11/12/2008 LETTER FILED FROM CLERK TO JONATHAN KASEN FOR COUNTERCLAIM FEE
11/17/2008 PLAINTIFF/COUNTER DEFENDANT'S ZENAIDA FERNANDEZ-GONZALEZ ANSWER TO COUNTER CLAIMS AND REPLY TO AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES OF DEFENDANT/COUNTER PLAINTIFF
12/1/2008 NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF CINDY ANTHONY AND GEORGE ANTHONY ON 12/22/08
12/16/2008 SUBPOENA FOR VIDEOTAPED DEPOSITION SERVED AS TO CINDY ANTHONY
12/16/2008 SUBPOENA FOR VIDEOTAPED DEPOSITION SERVED AS TO GEORGE ANTHONY
12/19/2008 DEFT CINDY ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
12/19/2008 DEFT GEORGE ANTHONY NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL
12/19/2008 NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF CASEY ANTHONY 1/12/2008 @ 10:00 AM
12/22/2008 LETTER TO JUDGE FROM JONATHAN KASEN
12/22/2008 DEFT MOTION TO STAY OR DEFER DEFTS DEPO UNTIL RESOLUTION OF THE PENDING CRIMINAL CASE
12/31/2008 NOTICE OF HEARING * 01/06/2009 09:00 A.M.

Here you go, try this ...

Search under 'Civil' to find info re: Casey and ZFG case ...

HTH
=]

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/

ETA: VALee, I guess we were getting the info at the same time, lol You can also find criminal info here as well.

This may not be the right spot for this, mods help, but I just noticed by going to the Criminal charges link and typing in KC's name, that the counts (Murder, etc) she was arrested for on Oct 14 all have an Offense Date of 6/15/2008. I hadn't seen that before. Anyone with legal experience know how accurate these dates typically are?

Here's the data (the 'Detail' on far right is actually a link on the site too so you can see a description of the counts).

Count # Defendant Offense Date Summons/ Arrest Date
001 CASEY MARIE ANTHONY 06/15/2008 10/14/2008 Detail
002 CASEY MARIE ANTHONY 06/15/2008 10/14/2008 Detail
003 CASEY MARIE ANTHONY 06/15/2008 10/14/2008 Detail
004 CASEY MARIE ANTHONY 06/15/2008 10/14/2008 Detail
005 CASEY MARIE ANTHONY 06/15/2008 10/14/2008 Detail
006 CASEY MARIE ANTHONY 06/15/2008 10/14/2008 Detail
007 CASEY MARIE ANTHONY 06/15/2008 10/14/2008 Detail

Didn't they cancel this? I thought I read somewhere it was moved because of the pending funeral etc. I could be wrong tho. Maybe it was from Monday. ?

Didn't they cancel this? I thought I read somewhere it was moved because of the pending funeral etc. I could be wrong tho. Maybe it was from Monday. ?

I think Morgan stated he would not depose Cindy and George until after the funeral. However, I believe this hearing is to determine whether Casey will be deposed on this civil action prior to her murder trial since her statements could be used against her in the murder trial.

SS, It's in the media links for today:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18419522/detail.html

If it's been delayed/cancelled, I don't know, as it's still listed on the Orange County Clerk site, as of a few min. ago. I don't know how often they update that site:confused:. I find it odd that it's almost 10:30, and no news, though.

Nice to see Casey will be deposed soon! I would LOVE to be a fly on the jail cell wall...

Thanks! Maybe that is what I saw about the depo of the A fam.

Casey will just plead the Fifth so no new testimony there, but it will be interesting to see this unfold just the same.

Wait a minute. did you see a ruling that says she will be deposed soon? if so where?

A few posts above where it lists all parts of the civil suit it says Casey will be deposed on 1/12/09!

I can't wait to see that deposition! :woohoo:

:blowkiss:

KC is supposed to give a depo on the 12th. Her lawyer opposed this and when the case was to be heard. This hearing should answer the questions of when this civil suit will be heard and if KC will be deposed on the 12th as scheduled.

Thanks! Maybe that is what I saw about the depo of the A fam.

Casey will just plead the Fifth so no new testimony there, but it will be interesting to see this unfold just the same.

It's kind of a catch 22 in my opinion. If she pleads the fifth she could very well lose the civil case because she filed a counter suit against ZFG. Furthermore Baez would have to ATTEMPT to prove the ZFG Casey accused was indeed not this ZFG but the connection with Sawgrass is far too implicating. I also believe we may learn the real truth about how Casey obtained her name and knew she was at Sawgrass which would likely blow away potential defense strategies for the murder trial. JMO

There's no way, prior to the criminal case happening, that Casey A's lawyers will allow her to answer questions about the same subject matter. If she has to give a deposition, she'll have to take the 5th. They'll try to delay her getting to that point for as long as possible, because it could mean she'd lose the civil suit. When you want to depose a defendant in a separate civil case, while they're in jail awaiting a murder trial, that is sort of a special case just because of the arrangements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back