Here is a "good" use of time and resources by gay hating group...

Wow, who do they think does all that purty singin' and dancin' for Walt Disney's worlds? Blech. Such a desperate display of faith. mo

Hate should not be included in family values.

(I am straight, but not narrow-minded.)

:waitasec:

IMO, the LBGT community needs a warning when it's "family values day" at Disney.

:yes:

In fact, we all deserve such a warning. Especially Captain Jack Sparrow.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-days-at-disney-draws-protest-warning-from-the-sky-50869/

Gay Days is a six-day gathering, May 31 to June 6, in Orlando. It is an annual event that has taken place for some 20 years.

The annual pilgrimage attracts more than 160,000 gays and lesbians and their families, and contributes an estimated $150 million to the Orlando-area economy.

President Obama has declared that the month of June is lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) month. On Wednesday, the Federal Reserve Bank of Virginia began flying a gay pride flag under the American flag in honor of LGBT pride month.

It would be terrific is Disney (deep pockets) sued this organization under harassment & hate crime laws.

Is that even possible?

While I do think the while plane flying thing is a little excessive, I believe the reason behind this is the trickery. I could care less if they have gay days at Disney. The problem is that it is not sponsored by Disney, and therefore Disney does not inform guests who are not planning on participating in the gay day festivities. Disney's policy is that they will change your reservations ahead of time, but if you arrive and check in, head to the parks, and then find out it is gay days, they will not refund your money or reschedule you. This happened to a very good friend of mine. They scheduled their "dream vacation," not knowing it was the week of gay days. They arrived, and quickly noticed. They have too small children, and there were many, many, many inappropriate displays of affection (not appropriate whether gay or straight IMO) but they decided to suck it up and stay. After carrying her 4 year old daughter to the restroom and finding a bare breasted couple having oral sex on the bathroom counter, they had had enough. They marched to customer service and asked for their money back, which was denied. They left their vacation early, and it was ruined. If everyone acted appropriate, it would not be an issue, but my friend said that they guys were almost naked, and it was just full of things that she'd rather not explain to her kids at this age.

I would never protest the gay day celebration, but I do think people have the right to know what they are about to be walking in on. I am on my phone right now, and can't find the links, but there are actually several editorials written by GAY authors who are family oriented and say they, too, would never take their children during this time and that the gay community should be embarrassed by some of the actions there.

People have the right to be gay and celebrate that at Disney. However, people who do not want to be part of the celebration should have the right to choose another time for their vacation, and not loose their money, IMO. Disney needs to do something to fix the situation.

:waitasec:

IMO, the LBGT community needs a warning when it's "family values day" at Disney.

:yes:

In fact, we all deserve such a warning. Especially Captain Jack Sparrow.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/gay-days-at-disney-draws-protest-warning-from-the-sky-50869/

It would be terrific is Disney (deep pockets) sued this organization under harassment & hate crime laws.

Is that even possible?

It would help if Disney simply supported the event, and placed it on their website as occurring that week, but Disney will not. It is a non Disney event, and that is causing problems.

Nobody should be having sex in a restroom where children might walk in. Nobody. And Disney should enforce laws against public indecency without worrying it will be accused of homophobia.

I live in a town that is at least a third gay. The mayor and a majority of the city council are openly gay. As you might expect, our gay pride parade (which we hold in November when the desert is cooler) is a huge event. In fact, it and the Winter Holiday parades are the biggest of the year and draw all sorts of people, including children. For that reason, our gay pride parade has VERY strict rules about nudity and public sex. And rightfully so. (Less sexual displays of public affection such as holding hands and kissing are allowed. Somehow the children survive.)

What I wonder is how did they know where to fly the plane? Over Disney World? (ETA: Oops. June 4 was two days ago. Maybe they flew the plane over the park on the day of the event. As T4Tide points out, there might be a fair reason for that.)

It just goes to show you that even gay people can be completely inconsiderate and idiotic when on vacation at Disney.

I worked at DisneyWorld Orlando for quite some time. Visited regularly with young children.

I could come up with some even more salacious straight couple behavior that I walked in on. But I'll spare ya.

Suffice it to say, IME (in my experience), most of the inconsiderate idiot visitors at Disney are, in fact, not gay.

Thinking of renting a banner to fly over Orlando that says:

June is National LGBT Pride Month!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Presidential-Proclamation-LGBT-Pride-Month/

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary

LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PRIDE MONTH, 2009
- - - - - - -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
A PROCLAMATION

Forty years ago, patrons and supporters of the Stonewall Inn in New York City resisted police harassment that had become all too common for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community. Out of this resistance, the LGBT rights movement in America was born. During LGBT Pride Month, we commemorate the events of June 1969 and commit to achieving equal justice under law for LGBT Americans.

LGBT Americans have made, and continue to make, great and lasting contributions that continue to strengthen the fabric of American society. There are many well-respected LGBT leaders in all professional fields, including the arts and business communities. LGBT Americans also mobilized the Nation to respond to the domestic HIV/AIDS epidemic and have played a vital role in broadening this country's response to the HIV pandemic.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2009 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to turn back discrimination and prejudice everywhere it exists.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this first day of June, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.

It just goes to show you that even gay people can be completely inconsiderate and idiotic when on vacation at Disney.

I worked at DisneyWorld Orlando for quite some time. Visited regularly with young children.

I could come up with some even more salacious straight couple behavior that I walked in on. But I'll spare ya.

Suffice it to say, IME (in my experience), most of the inconsiderate idiot visitors at Disney are, in fact, not gay.

I do not understand the adult (gay or straight) fascination with all things Disney. My sister used to manage a Disney store in Pittsburgh and adults would come in just to hang out, because "I can't afford to go to Disney World every day."

Just to be clear, I'm not anti-Disney. I have a friend who voiced the heroine in one of their animated movies and the corporation has been VERY good to her. But I can't imagine going to a Disney park unless I was taking a child (i.e., there was a gun to my head).

I do not understand the adult (gay or straight) fascination with all things Disney. My sister used to manage a Disney store in Pittsburgh and adults would come in just to hang out, because "I can't afford to go to Disney World every day."

Just to be clear, I'm not anti-Disney. I have a friend who voiced the heroine in one of their animated movies and the corporation has been VERY good to her. But I can't imagine going to a Disney park unless I was taking a child (i.e., there was a gun to my head).

I think the adults love Disney because it takes them back to childhood. A simpler, carefree, innocent time of their favorite movies, cartoons and toys.

I think the adults love Disney because it takes them back to childhood. A simpler, carefree, innocent time of their favorite movies, cartoons and toys.

Maybe that's my problem: my childhood wasn't simple or carefree. (Nor was it a horror show (I wasn't abused) and my adult life has been fine. But I can't honestly say I long for my childhood days.)

Oh no... the gays are going to get me! RUN!

:coffeews:

I'm truly hoping to dodge the Disney bullet. My boys are 8 & 10 and have never shown any interest in going, so maybe I will luck out!!

I'm truly hoping to dodge the Disney bullet. My boys are 8 & 10 and have never shown any interest in going, so maybe I will luck out!!

That's just not right! Don't you have a niece who wants to be Ariel or Belle?

:websleuther: :doh:

:waitasec: WTF am I losing my mind?

I thought Disney World/Land is about innocence, cartoons, rides, food, fun, fantasy, mystery.
Who knew that sex had to be introduced to this arena too.
WHY is gay or straight, or animal or threesome sex need to get in to the Disney arena? MAD!

I am all for gay rights, human rights, and definitly for Childrens rights.
They deserve their innocence for as long as they can have it.

"good" use of time and resources ???? NOT!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back