CA - Ivan Ortiz, 18, shot to death, Vista, 3 Oct 2007

This is so sad. What a nice good looking boy. I watched a show the other day about gangs in California one mother lost both of her sons within 7 months of each other from drive-by's. There is a preacher who has opened up a buisness called Homeboy Industries that is supposed to give gang members a second chance at life & to turn their life around but the cops arent really buying it...never ending when it comes to gangs I guess. http://www.homeboy-industries.org/

Calikid,

Your daughter and his other friends and especially his family must be just devastated. My prayers for all of them and for you as you help your daughter through this.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/10/09/news/coastal/2_01_3910_8_07.txt

I know gang violence is all over the place, and unfortunately it's becoming all too common to hear about kids being murdered by gang members.

But my teenaged daughter has known Ivan for six years and was friends with him. The entire high school senior class is in shock.

Cali prayers to your daughter and her freinds and to Ivans family. What is going on in this world that it has become so violent? Ivan seemed like a very nice young man and it is such a shame he never got to live out his life as it was meant to be.:furious:

Prayers for your daughter, her classmates and Ivan's family. He was a handsome young man and from what his friends and neighbors said a good young man too.

I've heard of gang memebers initiating others by having them murder someone. It sounds like maybe that's what this was. It didn't really sound like a drive-by. My heart breaks for these innocent kids that aren't involved in gangs yet have to live among them.

I'm not sure what the answer is but we need to find one fast.

Prayers for your daughter and all the people involved...So sad..

Thanks everyone for your messages. Ivan's memorial service is today and many are expected to attend from the school. There is still no word on suspects, but the area where he died is a very bad part of town with a lot of gang activity. Keep the family in your prayers, please.

My prayers and condolences go out to your daughter and to Ivans family. He was a handsome guy on the right track in lfe.. a nice kid. Its a d**n shame that his life had to be lost so that someone else who has chosen a violent life can prove themselves in a gang.. gangs that do nothing but cause loss of life and harm to so many.. terrorizing their communities. No good thing comes from gangs.. but individuals such as Ivan have the opportunity to do great things and impact many lives in good ways.. yet this will never happen now.

Prayers for you, your daughter and Ivan's family. He was a very handsome young man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back