GUILTY KS - Keighley Alyea, 18, Overland Park, 30 Sept 2009

Killa City: Man questioned in the disappearance of Keighley Ann Alyea, Dustin Hilt, accused of first-degree murder
Tue., Oct. 6 2009 @ 6:57AM
<snipped>
Dustin Brian Hilt, 18, is listed as being booked into the Johnson County jail early Tuesday morning on first-degree murder charges. He was questioned Hilt in Alyea's disappearance over the weekend.

Two other men -- Joseph Dathian Mattox, 21, and Gerald Scott Calbeck, 18 -- were booked into the Johnson County jail early Tuesday morning on first-degree murder charges. It's not clear right now if the charges are related to the death of Alyea, but police announced Monday night that three men had been arrested in connection with Alyea's death.

Dustin Hilt
Hilt,%20Dustin-thumb-200x266.jpg

Article:
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/10...dustin_hilt_accust_of_first_degree_murder.php
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATED: Police: Woman's Body Found; 3 Men Arrested
Keighley Ann Alyea Last Seen At Her Apartment
POSTED: 7:31 am CDT October 5, 2009
UPDATED: 8:40 am CDT October 6, 2009
<snipped>
Keighley Ann Alyea, 18, was last seen at her Overland Park apartment at about midnight on Sept. 29. Recently, Alyea was a victim of domestic violence with her boyfriend, authorities said.

KMBC reported that one of the three men arrested was wanted by the Overland Park police for questioning on the disappearance Alyea. According to the booking record, Dustin Hilt, of Shawnee, was booked into jail shortly after midnight. No formal charges have been filed in the case.

Article:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/21203018/detail.html
Missing Teen Found Murdered, Police Arrest Three
October 5, 2009
<snipped>
Late Monday night, Overland Park, Kan. police announced the arrest of three men in the murder of missing teenager Keighley Alyea. Those taken into custody were Joseph Mattox, 21; Gerald Calbeck, 19; and Dustin Hilt, 18.

A source close to the case said one of those men had a relationship with Alyea, 18, a few years ago. They had kept in touch and just a few weeks ago there was an incident between the two.

Video: Missing Teen Found Murdered, Police Arrest Three
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-keighley-alyea-found-murdered-100609,0,1061437.tivideo

Article:
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-keighley-search-flyers-10509,0,1130294.story
UPDATED: Missing teen is found dead; three arrested
Posted on Tue, Oct. 06, 2009 12:25 AM
<snipped>
Friends began posting comments on the Facebook group &#8220;Bring Keighley Ann Alyea Home!&#8221; immediately after police made the announcement.

The night she was last seen, a friend and her baby slept in her room while Alyea took the couch. That was typical &#8212; the 18-year-old didn&#8217;t like to be alone, Alyea&#8217;s mother, Kelley Bastel, said earlier Monday.

Police had been concerned that she had been in danger because she was involved in a violent situation Sept. 28. When an ex-boyfriend and his sister got into an argument that turned violent, Alyea intervened, Weaver and her family said.

Police had checked Alyea&#8217;s cell phone service but would not say when it was last used.

Video: Missing teen Found Dead, 3 Arrested 1:48
The body of Keighley Ann Alyea, the 18-year-old Overland Park woman missing for almost a week, has been found, Overland Park police spokesman Jim Weaver said late Monday. Weaver also said police arrested three men in connection with her murder. (Oct. 6, 2009)
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=6550118&item_index=&genre_id=00000845

Join the Facebook group for Keighley Ann Alyea:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Keighley-Ann-Alyea-Home/152901906089?v=wall&ref=ts

Article:
http://www.kansascity.com/842/story/1492221.html
3 men arrested following discovery of missing teen&#8217;s body
October 6, 9:07 AM
<snipped>
According to police records, she had been a recent victim of domestic violence with her boyfriend.

Over the weekend Alyea&#8217;s 1993 Mazda was found by a patrol officer parked in the 6200 block of Foster Street in Overland Park. Officials towed the car and continued to search for evidence.

On Monday evening police conducted a search of a house near 64th and Melrose in Shawnee.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-16243-Wic...ted-following-discovery-of-missing-teens-body

:angel:

Last Name First Name Middle Name Race Sex DOB Address City State Zip
MATTOX JOSEPH DATHIAN W M 10/15/87 5601 LOWELL ST OVERLAND PARK KS 66202
CFN Booking Number Booking Officer Booking Date Booking Time Agency Arresting Officer Arrest Date Arrest Time
157518 09013877 1120 10/06/09 01:00 KS0460600 SANDERS/OPPD 10/05/09 19:05
Charge Charge Desc Charge Type Charge Level Dispo Bond Warrant
21-3401 MURDER 1ST DEGREE F OG TC $0.00
Comments

CALBECK GERALD SCOTT W M 11/19/90 7025 SLATER ST MERRIAM KS 66204
CFN Booking Number Booking Officer Booking Date Booking Time Agency Arresting Officer Arrest Date Arrest Time
157516 09013876 1120 10/06/09 00:44 KS0460600 SANDERS/OPPD 10/05/09 15:40
Comments

HILT DUSTIN BRIAN W M 09/20/91 6417 MELROSE LN SHAWNEE KS 66203
157515 09013875 1373 10/06/09 00:43 KS0460600 SANDERS/OPPD 10/05/09 22:00

It doesn't appear that any of the charges are up on the jococourts website and the only one who appears to have any previous charges is Dustin Hilt (08TC10448 & 07JV00338). One for driving with suspended license/no seat belt/no plates & drug possession.

* sorry for the bad formatting... not sure what happened to the html :(

I was hoping for a better outcome on this one. But, at least, unlike so many of the cases we see here, there can be closure and justice.
Rest in peace, Keighley.

How far is it between where her car was found & the house they searched? Does anyone have this handy? Just curious about this. TIA

INFO: Police found Alyea's car in an apartment parking lot at 62nd and Foster in Overland Park & the residence at 64th and Melrose in Shawnee. The house belongs to a relative of a person questioned in the case.

I was so hoping that this would be another case where we would be able to change the title to found not found murdered. We need a mod to change the title sadly to say. :cry: She sounds like she was just getting everything straightened out in her life & these men took ot all away from her. :shakehead:

I wonder when LE will say where she was found? Waiting for an update on a PC from them. The said they would tell us more today!

:praying: For Keighley & Her Loved Ones!

May she rest in peace in the arms of the angels!!

I just posted wanting to know this & here it it!

OP woman's body was discovered in Cass County, police say
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
<snipped>
From OPPD: The body of Keighley Ann Alyea was located in at approximately 9:30 p.m., on the night of October 5, 2009. The body was located in a farm field near the intersection of East 235th Street and South State Route K Highway, in Cass County, Missouri. The law enforcement agencies involved at the location are the Cass County Missouri Sheriff&#8217;s Office, Johnson County Kansas Sheriff&#8217;s Crime Lab and Investigators from the Overland Park Kansas Police Department.

Article:
http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_s...was-discovered-in-cass-county-police-say.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Missing teen&#8217;s body was found in field in Cass County
Posted on Tue, Oct. 06, 2009 10:34 AM
<snipped>
The body of Keighley Ann Alyea, the 18-year-old Overland Park woman missing for almost a week, was found Monday evening in rural Cass County, Overland Park police said today.

The body was found about 9:30 p.m. in a farm field near the intersection of East 235th Street and South State Route K Highway, police said.

Article:
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1492701.html

Awww...so terrible. :( I had a bad feeling after NG last night. Thanks for keeping us updated. My thoughts are with her family & friends.

How sad, I was hoping this would have a better ending, but I had a bad feeling too. Rest in peace, Keighley.

Also, this must be the Dustin she had tattooed on the back of her shoulder. I don't know why, but that makes me even more sad. This was probably someone she deeply cared for, and he (allegedly) does this for her.

I'm in tears from reading her friends & friends of her family messages in the facebook that her parents just started for her yesterday! :cry:

UPDATED: Woman's Body Found In Field; 3 Men Arrested
Keighley Ann Alyea Last Seen At Her Apartment
POSTED: 7:31 am CDT October 5, 2009
UPDATED: 11:10 am CDT October 6, 2009
<snipped>
KMBC reported that the booking record at the Johnson County Jail showed that three men were arrested by Overland Park police on suspicion of first-degree murder. They are Joseph D. Mattox, 21, of Overland Park; Gerald S. Calbeck, 18, of Merriam; and Dustin B. Hilt, 18, of Shawnee.

Police said Alyea's body was found in a Cass County farm field near East 235th Street and South State Route K Highway at 9:30 p.m. Monday.

Video: Police Find Missing OP Woman's Car 1:30
http://www.kmbc.com/video/21203728/index.html

Article:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/21203018/detail.html

Well, depending on how and where she was killed, the crossing state lines could be a BIG mistake on their part. The south KC area and dumping her body in a remote "field" is just creepy due to the whole Kelsey Smith case.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tab=wl

Someone asked about the location of the house compared to where the car was found and the answer would be not too far away....however this field location is quite a distance away from her car or that house address. Someone either talked, or there was evidence located at the house or car or phone pings that led them out to that location it would appear.

jmoo

never mind....link did not work....sorry

If these news article addresses are correct, it should be right around 2 miles apart, straight down Shawnee Mission Parkway between the house and car locations....the field on the other hand would be a good 30 minute or more drive away.

raeann They reported they went to search the house AFTER they found keighley's body. They must have found evidence with her body or on it to lead them to the house. LE obviously had them in their radar.

I'm begining to think they kidnapped her or she went willingly.....maybe Dustin called her & asked her to come out to talk. It is reported that she was on the couch to sleep that night ....last seen around midnight. If that happened LE knew what calls she received that night from her records which they did get. Perhaps she wasn't expecting all 3 men to be outside & they grabbed her. I'm really begining to think that they all raped her...this has not been reported anywhere...I'm just trying to guess what/how/why's she ended up gone after midnight out of the apartment.

If she was laying down to go to sleep on the couch, that leads me to believe that she wasn't planning on going anywhere else the rest of the evening. I wonder if the 3 men had this all planned out. It sounds like they drove her out top this rural area where no one would hear her plea for her life. I wonder if this will be the murder scene where she was found.

Though how did they get her car...there goes the above theroy...maybe Dustin called late & asked to meet her to talk or something. So she got up & drove to meet him somewhere...maybe the house where they searched. Something went wrong...an arguement between Dustin & her???? The other 2 men were they involved with the murder or just helping in covering it up???

I have too many questions unanswered right now! I wish LE would release some more info...she has been on my mind all night & day...wondering why her?? :shakehead:

UPDATED: Alyea's Body Found In Cass County Field
Police Recover Missing 18-Year-Old's Body
POSTED: 10:45 pm CDT October 5, 2009
UPDATED: 10:52 am CDT October 6, 2009
<snipped>
Alyea's father posted a message on Facebook last night thanking those that had helped look for Alyea and given their support.

"I would first like to say how much I appreciate all of your efforts to help me find my daughter. I cannot even explain how much it means to me that everyone was so thoughtful. The Overland Park Police just announced that they have three people in custody ... for the murder of Keighley. They are going to bring her home to us real soon. I must go be with my family now, but please never forget her. I love you, Keighley. Dad."

On Monday night police searched two homes, one on Lowell in Overland Park and one house in Shawnee. The Shawnee house belongs to the relatives of one of the men questioned in Alyea's disappearance.

Video: OP Teen Found Dead
http://www.kctv5.com/video/21214447/

Article:
http://www.kctv5.com/news/21212060/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Online guest book for Keighley | Share your thoughts
http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?I=GB000134033974

raeann They reported they went to search the house AFTER they found keighley's body. They must have found evidence with her body or on it to lead them to the house. LE obviously had them in their radar.

I'm begining to think they kidnapped her or she went willingly.....maybe Dustin called her & asked her to come out to talk. It is reported that she was on the couch to sleep that night ....last seen around midnight. If that happened LE knew what calls she received that night from her records which they did get. Perhaps she wasn't expecting all 3 men to be outside & they grabbed her. I'm really begining to think that they all raped her...this has not been reported anywhere...I'm just trying to guess what/how/why's she ended up gone after midnight out of the apartment.

If she was laying down to go to sleep on the couch, that leads me to believe that she wasn't planning on going anywhere else the rest of the evening. I wonder if the 3 men had this all planned out. It sounds like they drove her out top this rural area where no one would hear her plea for her life. I wonder if this will be the murder scene where she was found.

Though how did they get her car...there goes the above theroy...maybe Dustin called late & asked to meet her to talk or something. So she got up & drove to meet him somewhere...maybe the house where they searched. Something went wrong...an arguement between Dustin & her???? The other 2 men were they involved with the murder or just helping in covering it up???

I have too many questions unanswered right now! I wish LE would release some more info...she has been on my mind all night & day...wondering why her?? :shakehead:

Hmmmm interesting sequence of events here then....along with the weirdness of the fact that the area the body was found is located out beyond the city of Belton which is where Kara Kopetsky is still missing from. They must have had some connection to this area because it is WAY far out there away from these houses and the car at the apartments area of the city. The area of the field appears to be even further out of town than where Kelsey Smith was found....how these city kids even KNOW about these areas I don't quite understand. Either they just drive until they feel it is in the middle of nowhere, or they have some past family or other connection that they have been out there before into the areas. Who knows? It does appear that she was planning on being "in for the night", so there are hopefully calls or text messages between people that will explain what happened and why.

jmoo

According to her father's message on Bring Keighley Home's Facebook, she was found much earlier than what LE is reporting to the media. Also noted that they were asked to be seen during the taping of NG last night.

Here's his message showing the time he posted it:

Bring Keighley Ann Alyea Home! I would first like to say how much I appreciate all of your efforts to help me find my daughter. I cannot even explain how much it means to me that everyone was so thoughtful. The Overland Park Police just announced that they have 3 people in custody... for the murder of Keighley. They are going to bring her home to us real soon. I must go be with my family now, but please never forget her. I love you, Keighley. Dad

Read MoreYesterday at 9:06pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Keighley-Ann-Alyea-Home/152901906089?v=wall

For those who don't have Facebook you can view her site without being a member.
Only if you want to post them a message there you would than need to sign up. I did post a guest book they have started elsewhere at the Legacy site to leave her family a message.

Here it is again for those who missed it in my post!
Online guest book for Keighley | Share your thoughts
http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?I=GB000134033974

raeann It's possible that the 3 arrested had their cell phone records looked at by LE which maybe led them to where she was found. I'm hoping that they throw the book at all 3 of these evil monsters. what gives anyone the right to take another one's life. I will never understand how & why anyone can do this to another human being! :furious:

Thanks for letting us know the distance of where she was found compared to where her car & the houses are at. They had to have known this area being so far away. Maybe it was a place where they went to party??? I wonder if they are going to have a PC today???

Has anyone heard of one being mentioned on the news for today & what time? TIA

According to her father's message on Bring Keighley Home's Facebook, she was found much earlier than what LE is reporting to the media. Also noted that they were asked to be seen during the taping of NG last night.

Here's his message showing the time he posted it:

Bring Keighley Ann Alyea Home! I would first like to say how much I appreciate all of your efforts to help me find my daughter. I cannot even explain how much it means to me that everyone was so thoughtful. The Overland Park Police just announced that they have 3 people in custody... for the murder of Keighley. They are going to bring her home to us real soon. I must go be with my family now, but please never forget her. I love you, Keighley. Dad

Read MoreYesterday at 9:06pm

You must be in the Pacific Time Zone because Facebook will automatically adjust the "post times," so when you're seeing 9:06pm as a post time here in CST we see 11:06pm.

Looks like charges have been formally filed.

jococourts.org said:
For Dustin Hilt, 09CR02503

Count 1 21-3401 10/02/09 MURDER 1ST DEGREE F OG P
Count 2 21-3421 10/02/09 AGGRAVATED KIDNAPPING F 1 P
Count 3 21-3427 10/02/09 AGG ROBBERY F 3 P

Gerald Calbeck, 09CR02502

Count 3 21-3427 10/02/09 AGG ROBBERY F 3 P

Joseph Mattox, 09CR02501