TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, everytime I click on a link and see her pretty little face my heart aches. I really pray they bring her home today!

at this point I really could care less if BF failed a poly... but refusing at least two of them?

oh.. and how about leaving his Billie's side in her time of need? Why didn't he go home to be with her?

And then we have the earlier statement by the city spokesperson that says his story has not been corroborated by authorities!

Now we also have the Grandmother's saying Hailey didn't like him being in the house and wanted her parents back together. Did this anger him???

warning just speculation... but say he and Hailey got into an argument that afternoon about her wanting her parents back together etc..... and perhaps she yells out she is going to go call her friend, etc...

not far to extrapolate a story imhoo... not to mention the brother was already off at a sleepover and what better excuse to give.

just thoughts. If he is innocent I will by all means eat my largest sun bonnet.

This article is going to make a lot of people very unhappy.... I got a little sick to my stomach actually.

Hey SARX, there is a lot of errrrr..... information.... (I use that word with a box of salt) about the dogs in here...

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-search

Contrary to other reports, the Texas Rangers were brought in on the day after Hailey disappeared, according to Kampfer.

Kampfer does not know the results of the TDCJ searches, nor does he know the results of the search warrant served at Hailey’s Chestnut Street residence.

The official reward being offered for Hailey’s safe return is $15,000. “That’s cash in hand with more contributions coming in up to $25,000,” Kampfer said.

“The dogs did not trail Hailey’s scent to the motels,” He said. “They took the dogs to different places trying to pick up the scent. Motels are good places to start. The dogs did get a hit.”

Kampfer went on to explain that investigators cannot determine when a trail has been made.

Hailey could have been there a couple of days before and the dogs would still have picked up her scent or someone else wearing an article of Hailey’s clothing would have the same results.

“Bloodhounds are scent specific,” Warden Matt Kennolly said. “The only thing we need is a scent article for the person we’re looking for. The dog will track only that scent.”

“Our dogs can run 48-72 hours, but I have seen scent dogs up to 7-8 days. There are so many environmental factors that come into play,” Kennolly said.

Since the first day the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has been treated as a missing person.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-search

RED by me

That's not what Hailey's mom said on Nancy Grace, and I believe her over Kampfer any day of the week. Mom and her friends that contacted us here have a lot more credibility IMO than a PR front man trying to look good now that the NATIONAL media is involved.

This article is going to make a lot of people very unhappy.... I got a little sick to my stomach actually.

Hey SARX, there is a lot of errrrr..... information.... (I use that word with a box of salt) about the dogs in here...

Contrary to other reports, the Texas Rangers were brought in on the day after Hailey disappeared, according to Kampfer.

Kampfer does not know the results of the TDCJ searches, nor does he know the results of the search warrant served at Hailey’s Chestnut Street residence.

The official reward being offered for Hailey’s safe return is $15,000. “That’s cash in hand with more contributions coming in up to $25,000,” Kampfer said.

“The dogs did not trail Hailey’s scent to the motels,” He said. “They took the dogs to different places trying to pick up the scent. Motels are good places to start. The dogs did get a hit.”

Kampfer went on to explain that investigators cannot determine when a trail has been made.

Hailey could have been there a couple of days before and the dogs would still have picked up her scent or someone else wearing an article of Hailey’s clothing would have the same results.

“Bloodhounds are scent specific,” Warden Matt Kennolly said. “The only thing we need is a scent article for the person we’re looking for. The dog will track only that scent.”

“Our dogs can run 48-72 hours, but I have seen scent dogs up to 7-8 days. There are so many environmental factors that come into play,
” Kennolly said.

Since the first day the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has been treated as a missing person.

So in other words we don't know anything and no real clues are out there??? Jesus God almighty. We are back at square one.

RED by me

That's not what Hailey's mom said on Nancy Grace, and I believe her over Kampfer any day of the week. Mom and her friends that contacted us here have a lot more credibility IMO than a PR front man trying to look good now that the NATIONAL media is involved.

Yep, the Texas Ranger's came in on Day 6 and Billie called them herself before that happened.

I am trying to stay up to speed. I don't know if this has already been discussed. Looks like the article was written yesterday and updated today.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13792341

Snipped:

Jones said Hailey didn't care much for Adkins. "She don't like Shawn being there; but she wants her mom and dad to go back together," she said.

Hailey's mother and father separated 3 years ago; Jones says the divorce was hard on Hailey.

C***** O******** is Hailey's other grandmother in Snyder. "I just don't understand this because she doesn't do this. She's not the type to run away," she said.

I totally agree with you - even when the mom & dad were interviewed, they BOTH said that LE said they were treating as a runaway! They BOTH did not believe she would runaway!
LE did not treat this as a missing persons case from the start...
That sounds like a PR comment.

Sounds like straight up CYA DAMAGE CONTROL!

How PR man, how about instead of giving interviews attempting to make the locals look better, you shut up and get the answers everyone really wants!!!!

Our business partners son comes to the office after school and hangs out with his dad until it is time to head home, or for someone to pick him up for cub scouts etc...

If something happened to him it would be really easy for me to not know what day I last saw him, or if I was convinced I did know and LE questioning to convince me maybe it was the day before.

It is a frequent visit, I am not responsible for him, and my days somewhat blend together as far as routine. Actually as I think about it now I don't know what day I last saw him.

I see your point. I don't know what to make of this case, but I also think it's not all that unusual that the GF couldn't remember. Especially if they are across the street from each other. Hailey was probably back and forth many times each and every day. Plus, we have to remember that these people are all in shock.

at this point I really could care less if BF failed a poly... but refusing at least two of them?

oh.. and how about leaving his Billie's side in her time of need? Why didn't he go home to be with her?

And then we have the earlier statement by the city spokesperson that says his story has not been corroborated by authorities!

Now we also have the Grandmother's saying Hailey didn't like him being in the house and wanted her parents back together. Did this anger him???

warning just speculation... but say he and Hailey got into an argument that afternoon about her wanting her parents back together etc..... and perhaps she yells out she is going to go call her friend, etc...

not far to extrapolate a story imhoo... not to mention the brother was already off at a sleepover and what better excuse to give.

just thoughts. If he is innocent I will by all means eat my largest sun bonnet.
I'll be sharing that sun bonnet of yours

Just putting this out there (because of course I know nothing, and am not implying anything either)... what makes a handful? Is a handful more than a few?

What about the father and his girlfriend--have there been any reports of them taking polys? It seems like they would be included just because they are family and close by. I wonder whether any friends of the brother or any of Hailey's friends have taken any? Billie's statement seems to imply that more people have taken them than we have heard about, IMO. Also, this uncle that took one is not someone who seems as closely connected to the case as the father/GF and some of the friends, for example. I realize that there is likely a great deal that LE knows (I hope!) that is not in the media at this time, though.

Still, it seems like a lot of conversation about polys without much other info being reported.

So...NG gets an exclusive?

In a visit to the Dunn household this morning a family friend answered the door and told our CBS 7 crew that the family is tired and does not wish to speak with the media.

However, she said that Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, will be doing a live interview on the Nancy Grace show once again this evening.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

I think I was right and she is just resting up for Nancy tonight.

“Our dogs can run 48-72 hours, but I have seen scent dogs up to 7-8 days. There are so many environmental factors that come into play,
” Kennolly said.

Ugh with a Capital U.... This is what I am talking about....

Bloodhounds are scent specific? So, like, they're born that way? Ummm, no, that is training, but statements like that just sound so ignorant.

I am glad they talked about what age trails the dogs can work, that is nice. I would like to add however that dogs are capable of running trails much older than 7-8 days, in fact some of us specialize in the 7-10 day trail with great success, 14 with good success and longer with so so success.

I am still just trying to rap my head around that bloodhound comment....

In a visit to the Dunn household this morning a family friend answered the door and told our CBS 7 crew that the family is tired and does not wish to speak with the media.

However, she said that Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, will be doing a live interview on the Nancy Grace show once again this evening.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

I think I was right and she is just resting up for Nancy tonight.

She has to sleep sometime, as fitful as I imagine it is. :(

RED by me

ITA. IIRC, after thread one was started Billi called the Rangers herself and was upset that outside help was being turned down.

where is the coverage of the helicopter search! I mean REALLY!

and why is it that the colorado city paper reports the fbi is on the case but it was never once reported on when they came ONTO the case!

unbelievable.....

I would tell anyone I could anything I know that would keep my child's face in the media on any newspaper or tv show I could get it on.I wonder if there are donations set up and who it goes to.Donations should be sent to any group that is searching and LE trying to find the missing person.Are interviews to tv media paid for by the outlet?

I mean tell what I could to the media to keep the story out there.

what needs to happen IMHOO is that LE needs to appoint a Law enforcement spokesperson and they need to be the ONLY ONES to communicate with the media... it would be nice if the Rangers had a public relations officer of some sort that would step up to this task.

Now that they have the attention of the nation to find this child they need to have an LE LED presser asap.

again imhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member