UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carla Jones, a former friend of Stephanie Sloop from when she lived in Florida, said that last week she received "a few" messages from Stephanie Sloop, but she did not return them because she "was sick of the drama."
"You carry a lot of guilt around when someone calls you hysterical and you don't call them back, but she had cried wolf one too many times," Jones said. "Had I ever known they would have done this to Ethan, I would have intervened."

Carla Jones said she befriended Stephanie Sloop five years ago when she came to the Florida doctor's office where Jones worked. Jones watched Ethan while his mother had her appointments.
She said their families would have dinner at each other's homes and hang out a lot.
When Stephanie left, Carla and her family did their best to be supportive and kept doing activities with Ethan and Joe Stacy before they moved to Virginia.
"We were friends until Stephanie went off the deep end and abandoned Joe and Ethan," Jones said. "It was always all about Stephanie."

http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15083168

This is a new twist.

Nathan-She doesnt try and provoke me to protect her

What the eff does this mean? Seriously. Someone translate this one.
I think (in a backward kind of way) he means that she doesn't try to make him jealous because of other men. She shows him the absolute devotion that he obviously craves.

He has a huge amount of ego, born on insecurity.

I wonder how much of their relationship dynamic was caused, in part, by the fact that they met when she was an impressionable 12 yrs old, while he was already a rebellious 15/ 16 year old high school 'jock'.

I imagine at 12 yrs of age, she may have had a huge crush on him (while he of course had a huge crush on himself).

Remember, she is the one that looked him up online, and contacted him out of the blue- a mere few months ago.

She feeds his ego. With her, he is finally the 'Big Man' he has always wanted to be.

IMHO PS should have done the responsible thing and gone to the police the min. she knew Ethan was with her son! PS knew he was unstable that was no secret in the family. Did PS not know he had threatened to kill his OWN child and his ex wife... I bet she did. Did she think for a second that he wouldn't kill someone elses child even faster?

PS had to know he wasn't even allowed around his own child... why didn't she do something? -instead she goes out of town?
I srsly wonder if she didn't leave a sinking ship!

bbm. I have only seen the interview for PS, so I'd appreciate any other links that have anything she said. From what I gathered in the interview, PS said NS "fought for the underdog" which really made me :furious::furious::furious: That's why I am having a problem with PS because you hear NS is unstable, yet he fights for the underdog? Which one is it? Does she think he's unstable or loving and caring?

He sure as **** didn't fight for Ethan. :furious::furious:

bbm. I have only seen the interview for PS, so I'd appreciate any other links that have anything she said. From what I gathered in the interview, PS said NS "fought for the underdog" which really made me :furious::furious::furious: That's why I am having a problem with PS because you hear NS is unstable, yet he fights for the underdog? Which one is it? Does she think he's unstable or loving and caring?

PS also said she saw Ethan on the 5th of May and he was "just fine".
MOO...She's lying and and only interested in continuing to enable her son!
LE states the documentation on the cell phone of the pattern of abuse started on May 4th.

BUT hey NS was happy to go to prison see???

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53746992.pdf

NS on a recorded cell phone message said...
"I don't give a *advertiser censored** if I gotta spend the rest of my *advertiser censored**ing life in prison"...

Does this comment sound familiar to anyone?

IMO, these 2 have got to be drug addicts, there is NO way they could be this stupid and delusional without the help of drugs!

She also described NS as a kind and sensitive spirit who just wanted to give to others. :no:

It was things like that that influenced my perception of her and made me suspicious about her saying she saw Ethan on the 5th, and he was happy and healthy.

I haven't seen anything else, and I'm curious to know if she continues in this vein or not.

Here's the video wherein she says all these things. (There's another video of her that is just a short excerpt of this one, and it misses a lot.)
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?articleID=97728

IMO, these 2 have got to be drug addicts, there is NO way they could be this stupid and delusional without the help of drugs!

I'm afraid certain personality types could, but since it's an even scarier thought, I keep waiting to hear about drugs, too. So far, nothing. They could have spent the day getting rid of the evidence.

I wonder if they were tested upon arrest, and if so, what could be gleaned from the results, particularly about the timeline.

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53746992.pdf

OMG. The anger and rage this guy has. This was in 09 that this was filed. Ethan did not stand a chance around this scum.

I agree, RubyRed...but I respectfully add:

Not only his rage, but his REASONS for that rage! --He apparently takes great issue with his ex-wife not placing their daughter FIRST, that the ex-wife places herself, her new boyfriend and vacations above caring for their daughter and the little girl's first week of school. Nathan also has great rage at the mere thought of his ex-wife's boyfriend laying a hand on his daughter, threatening their lives if the boyfriend ever even thought of touching HIS daughter.

His RAGE is over the very behaviors that define HIM!!! Mental stability is NOT a part of his personality, that's for sure!

I also noticed his level of articulation differs greatly from his wedding facebook page and the transcript of his voicemail messages. Granted, he was in his rage phase, but his foundational language skills appeared to be from two very different people; maybe there IS something to this "multiple personality disorder" idea? Either way, MY only wish is for him to personally experience (repeatedly) the same abuse he inflicted upon that poor, sweet baby, Ethan. And perhaps it would be fitting if Ethan's Daddy was the one to administer that punishment!! :furious:

-Mish

I'm afraid certain personality types could, but since it's an even scarier thought, I keep waiting to hear about drugs, too. So far, nothing. They could have spent the day getting rid of the evidence.

I wonder if they were tested upon arrest, and if so, what could be gleaned from the results, particularly about the timeline.

They may very well just be monsters, plain and simple.

I agree, RubyRed...but I respectfully add:

Not only his rage, but his REASONS for that rage! --He apparently takes great issue with his ex-wife not placing their daughter FIRST, that the ex-wife places herself, her new boyfriend and vacations above caring for their daughter and the little girl's first week of school. Nathan also has great rage at the mere thought of his ex-wife's boyfriend laying a hand on his daughter, threatening their lives if the boyfriend ever even thought of touching HIS daughter.

Ironic...NS ended up carrying out the very act he railed and threatened against. Maybe on a subconscious level, he was carrying out a form of revenge on a little boy that had nothing at all to do with any of it.

I also noticed his level of articulation differs greatly from his wedding facebook page and the transcript of his voicemail messages. Granted, he was in his rage phase, but his foundational language skills appeared to be from two very different people; maybe there IS something to this "multiple personality disorder" idea? Either way, MY only wish is for him to personally experience (repeatedly) the same abuse he inflicted upon that poor, sweet baby, Ethan. And perhaps it would be fitting if Ethan's Daddy was the one to administer that punishment!! :furious:

-Mish

Very interesting point.

Another reason why the wedding page language may have differed so much from the voice mail language is because one was written and the other was verbal (and later transcribed). Many, many folks' written communications are drastically different from their spoken syntax.

And transcription in itself is another filter. Whoever transcribed those voice mails may have chosen to use or omit certain punctuations and phrasings.

Also, the wedding page required more "formal" and controlled language written on a public platform and possibly subject to proofs and revisions, whereas the voice mail message was entirely natural, spontaneous, emotionally charged speech intended for one person. MOO....

In any case, this aspect of language you mention is very, very intriguing to me. Thanks for bringing it up!

I couldn't decide which, but narrowed it down to;

- He's had other women who incited fights between him and other men, just to enjoy his "protecting" them.

- She protects herself by not provoking him.

NS obviously prefers beating up women and small children... When he has to fight a REAL man he doesn't like it so much.... probably because he gets physical injuries...
So I guess SS was giving him a break so to speak :puke: by not forcing him to fight for her? MOO

Ironic...NS ended up carrying out the very act he railed and threatened against. Maybe on a subconscious level, he was carrying out a form of revenge on a little boy that had nothing at all to do with any of it.

Very interesting point.

Another reason why the wedding page language may have differed so much from the voice mail language is because one was written and the other was verbal (and later transcribed). Many, many folks' written communications are drastically different from their spoken syntax.

And transcription in itself is another filter. Whoever transcribed those voice mails may have chosen to use or omit certain punctuations and phrasings.

Also, the wedding page required more "formal" and controlled language written on a public platform and possibly subject to proofs and revisions, whereas the voice mail message was entirely natural, spontaneous, emotionally charged speech intended for one person. MOO....

In any case, this aspect of language you mention is very, very intriguing to me. Thanks for bringing it up!

Maybe he did not write the garbage on their wedding page?

Maybe he did not write the garbage on their wedding page?

That crossed my mind, too. I don't know which thought makes me sicker -- that he DID write it, or that he pawned that job off on someone else. (eyeroll)

But as controlling as he's coming off to be, somehow, I don't think he'd feel anyone else could do that job as well as he could. Who knows.

I am glad that Joe has Michelle to lean on during this difficult time. I am thankful they seem to have a great relationship despite being divorced. It has to be so hard on both of them even though Michelle was not his "real" mom it sounds like she was more of one than SS ever was. I cannot even imagine what the two older kids are going through. This horrible tragedy can only bring this family closer.

NS obviously prefers beating up women and small children... When he has to fight a REAL man he doesn't like it so much.... probably because he gets physical injuries...
So I guess SS was giving him a break so to speak :puke: by not forcing him to fight for her?

Guys like him do not fight men. They are cowards. They cry if they get a paper cut. He was big and tough to an innocent child, but to fight a man. No. Even in his phone rants to his ex he verbally goes on ad nauseam about the man she is seeing. Would he ever say those things face to face to that man? No. He would run with his tail between his legs.

Who really knows?!
I am fairly confident that the same person didn't write both pices on the Wedding page.

Looking at what the "groom" wrote (whoever it may have been) The writer was very proud of him/herself based on the odd capitalizations through out the piece. Especially when referencing themself...

What was written by the "bride" followed a more normal writing where capitalizations were used appropriately throughout. MOO

Just getting back ... first we learn there would be no spousal privilege in this case, and now this:

monkeymama said:
Idaho does not have an insanity defense and while looking, I found this:

"Four states, including Kansas, Montana, Idaho, Utah, do not allow the insanity defense. In other states, the standards for proving this defense vary widely. The following provides the status of the insanity defense in each jurisdiction."

Sucks to be them.

No spousal priviledge, no insanity.....best news I've heard all day!!!

Thank you for that link, gngr~snap. I can relate to CJ. It's a terrible feeling.

Another item of note in that article was this, regarding NS's 2007-8 divorce filings:

In court filings, Nathan Sloop denied abusing her and denied being diagnosed with a mental illness other than obsessive compulsive disorder. No domestic violence charges were filed against him in Utah.​

Rut roh. So much for "New York".

Not that it matters in Utah, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members