2011.04.01 Nancy Grace

Interesting Factoid: Nancy Grace and Judge Strickland went to Mercer Law School at the same time and graduated the same year.

Can't believe the caller who thinks ICA is actually doing all the paper work before the "high priced attorneys" are seated. She actually thinks ICA ........I can't even finish. Please don't let her ever be a juror.:banghead:

Now see, that, right there, is exactly what scares the feathers off me! The defense is looking and praying for someone just like her to be on the jury!

Interesting Factoid: Nancy Grace and Judge Strickland went to Mercer Law School at the same time and graduated the same year.

That is interesting. . . I don't remember her ever mentioning that in any of her shows. (Maybe she's more professional than I generally give her credit for?) But I have probably missed as many shows as I have seen. . .

That is interesting. . . I don't remember her ever mentioning that in any of her shows. (Maybe she's more professional than I generally give her credit for?) But I have probably missed as many shows as I have seen. . .

Like you all I can recall regarding NG is that she was a victim ..and that she was a Defense attny and that since that she has been on TV as a Legal Eagle (COurt TV) in Cases of missing, abused and murdered people..Other than that..Her Bomb Shell News doesnt move me..as often it is old news..so tend to listen and enjoy her banter with Known TH's bith Defense oriented and Prosecution oriented.....

Nancy is in the entertainment business..fortunately she does keep the missing and abused in the news..and THAT is what I am grateful for :angel::takeabow::tyou:

I am so upset I missed the show tonight! I wonder if its online somewhere!

Another factoid that I have never revealed here -

I saw her argue a case in person in Atlanta, GA when she was a prosecutor for Fulton County. It was long before she became a media hound. She was freakin' awesome in the courtroom.

I am going to see if I can find the case. It was a capital murder case of a wealthy man - he murdered his wife and mother of his 2 older children (early 20's maybe?). I was there the day the daughter had to testify. It was heart-wrenching. Arson...tried to make it look like an accident. She won the case but it was later overturned on appeal. I don't remember the final outcome. I am going to google it.

eta: It was Weldon Wayne Carr. IMO, The guy was guilty as sin and I regret that he is a free man today.
http://www.truthinjustice.org/carr.htm

Like you all I can recall regarding NG is that she was a victim ..and that she was a Defense attny and that since that she has been on TV as a Legal Eagle (COurt TV) in Cases of missing, abused and murdered people..Other than that..Her Bomb Shell News doesnt move me..as often it is old news..so tend to listen and enjoy her banter with Known TH's bith Defense oriented and Prosecution oriented.....

Nancy is in the entertainment business..fortunately she does keep the missing and abused in the news..and THAT is what I am grateful for :angel::takeabow::tyou:

I do not think she was ever a defense attorney. I know she was a prosecutor that handled child abuse cases and murder cases and such, but don't think she ever worked for the defense.

Nancy's coverage of this tonight really hits me because while I was on vacation I read her book (from 2005) called
Objection... How High-Priced Defense Attorneys, Celebrity Defendants, and a 24/7 Media Have Hijacked Our Criminal Justice System.
So many of her positions on media, attorney's, etc....have completely changed.

I plan to draw some comparisons soon and post them.....

What gets me the most is that the vigor and enthusiasm she had while writing that book, has now shifted so clearly. I don't doubt she retains passion for justice...but IMO only justice that doesn't affect her pocketbook.

I don't begrudge anyone the right to change their opinion, but when that new opinion completely contradicts EVERYTHING you stood for then to suit your new job and media status it really proves to me....pockets are deeper than ethics for some.

I actually picked up that book at the Dollar Store (sorry, Nancy!) some time ago. Thanks for jogging my memory, SOTS, think I'll pull it out and read it soon. Looking forward to hearing more of your views on this.

The only problem is that he clearly does not keep up with the case, he just says things that make good sound bites for television.

For someone that 'clearly doesn't keep up the case' (as you say,) he is remarkably accurate in his opinion, IMO. To think how much more so if he were actually keeping up with the case! Good to see you posting along with us on this thread, Richard.

Nancy is right now on Joy Behar being interviewed by Roseanne. It is a great interview. She NAILS Casey. It is worth hearing again. She gives her theory about what happened.

You're still watching! :highfive:

We should've bought a keg or sumthin'!

Better yet, let's all just sit around and huff a few dryer softener sheets.

Blaise (quit bogarting the Bounce. Amazing how the 70's just come rolling back to me.)

LIPPMAN IS ON. No wonder she was being respectful of the A's.

Anyone remember when MN was on her show and was very rude to NG when he was representing the A's? Seems like forever ago. How about the time CA called her? I don't think any of the A's like her is why JVM sucks up to JB hoping to get him on her show. IMO.

I was very surprised to see the Anthony's attorney on Nancy Grace... I mean really shocked!!

Yet, he doesn't seem to be listening at all... no one... not even the media is suggesting that George murdered Caylee. They are simply questioning the motives of the defense trying to add the two women who George got into a physical altercation with... if you can even call it that. It does suggest that the defense is up to something and that the focus is going to be on George's temper and how easily he flies off the handle (he did it rather quickly with LDB during the early March hearings and mumbled "I will challenge you.")

What we don't know is if George is going to go along with this to help defend Casey (he said he would sell his soul to the devil to get Casey "out of jail" in his deposition) or if the defense is going to sneak up from behind George and make him completely lose it on that stand.

George should be thankful that so many people care and are furious with the fact that the defense would even suggest that he is in any way responsible for the murder of Caylee. We could have all just shrugged our shoulders and said "Oh well... he deserves it after all he has done." But NO... We want Justice for Caylee... and the defense blaming innocent people for this crime is NOT Justice for Caylee!

I didn't follow that case closely but have seen you all draw parallels here between ICA and him. Last night I saw True Crimes with Aphrodite Jones on Discovery ID....wow he is JUST like her!!!!

Very much! That was my first taste of NG who during the trial I came to love for her pit bull demeanor for justice for Laci and Conner and all of Laci's family. She was great! I would love to see her shred Mr. Baez and Mr. Mason and ICA in this case. I don't know if she still has it?:twocents:

I was very surprised to see the Anthony's attorney on Nancy Grace... I mean really shocked!!

Yet, he doesn't seem to be listening at all... no one... not even the media is suggesting that George murdered Caylee. They are simply questioning the motives of the defense trying to add the two women who George got into a physical altercation with... if you can even call it that. It does suggest that the defense is up to something and that the focus is going to be on George's temper and how easily he flies off the handle (he did it rather quickly with LDB during the early March hearings and mumbled "I will challenge you.")

What we don't know is if George is going to go along with this to help defend Casey (he said he would sell his soul to the devil to get Casey "out of jail" in his deposition) or if the defense is going to sneak up from behind George and make him completely lose it on that stand.

George should be thankful that so many people care and are furious with the fact that the defense would even suggest that he is in any way responsible for the murder of Caylee. We could have all just shrugged our shoulders and said "Oh well... he deserves it after all he has done." But NO... We want Justice for Caylee... and the defense blaming innocent people for this crime is NOT Justice for Caylee!

I think it was a diversion for todays fiasco with CA remembering tampering with unknown evidence that will explain the high chloroform levels in the trunk. Another test Dr. Vass will need to perform with dryer sheets and have time to turn over discovery to defense so it is allowed at trial. JB isn't slick.

Very much! That was my first taste of NG who during the trial I came to love for her pit bull demeanor for justice for Laci and Conner and all of Laci's family. She was great! I would love to see her shred Mr. Baez and Mr. Mason and ICA in this case. I don't know if she still has it?:twocents:

I think the whole issue with the Trenton Duckett situation has Nancy walking on eggshells. At least she doesn't pander like JVM in order to get ratings. She is much, much more easy to listen to. I love the way she says Caylee's name too... I don't know why?

Is it sad that I sort of agree with him? :waitasec: I think there was something to Baez asking him a while back in court if he would say and do anything to save his daughter. Okay, maybe I'm a :loser:too.

I can't wait for this trial to begin and those recordings to start playing...it's going to be hard to undo the damage that GA & CA did to KC with their own words. Those were about the last words of truth they have spoken, IMO.

That is my hope that the jury will see the difference in these transformed parents. The MH testimony about ICA taking Caylee away for one day to as much as a week after an argument. Naturally that is what they suspected this was about at first. Then CA sent Lee to try and find her, etc. I believe that is why he asked her is like the last time or the other time?

Defense attorney; " just because there is a dead body in the trunk doesn't mean you are a murderer."

See, that is how defense attorneys think. Just sayin...

"My client is a 24 carat a-hole, but he isn't a murderer" per MG "My daughter may have told some mistruths but it doesn't make her a murderer" per CA. How close am I?

NG;They want to call in the protesters to testify. What does that have to do with the murder?

Drew; the theory is that it might show a pattern of behavior, and Casey may have PTSD.

NG RIDICULES AND LAMBASTS THE THEORY. She was actually pretty funny. imo

It's commercial time. I'm watching now. NG's reaction to the PTSD theory cracked me up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back