April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, that's possible. But my intuition tells me he was bursting with wanting to let on that he knows something, because he does.
Well, of course you have your right to believe what ever you want. I just learned early on to not really trust anyone on the Internet unless I meet them in person. The anonymity of the Internet provides people who are often introverts to be anyone that they like, to make themselves feel more important than they are.

People also get real enjoyment out of whipping others up into a froth. That's what happens with places like the GOLO boards. Most of the offensive stuff that people post over there, they don't even believe themselves. They just say it as bait and they are rewarded when people take the bait and get offended by it.

You just cannot take any of this message board stuff too seriously. :twocents:

Thank you. So they didn't have the smoking gun until 3 weeks prior to testimony. I call BS on that one. They supposedly expedited the forensics on the thinkpad before the custody case. So how did they go to trial without the smoking gun?

And seriously...every file during the 41 second search had an invalid timestamp? Wow. And no cookie for the visit. Great point by Kurtz about him deleting the cookie but not the tif. I wish I could have seen this. I'm more confused than ever about this search. I sure wish we could see what Jay Ward found.

To be clear, it was all the timestamps in the SAM column. Of all the timestamps on the whole computer history, somewhere around 2% were invalid. 100% of the timestamps in the SAM column for the 41 second Fielding Dr. search were invalid. It made me go hmmmmm.....

I've never been in to conspiracy theories. It's not because I think that conspiracies never happen. But, it's just that the conspiracy theories that I hear about are typically so illogical. This is such a case.

The thinking is that the defense is planting posters on some message board to try to convince people that Brad is not guilty? What would be the point in that? Is the defense supposedly unaware that Brads fate is not going to be decided by a public opinion poll? It's going to be decided by 12 people who [supposedly] are not out reading message boards about the case. If they are, then the trial has a much bigger problem. (That being said, I am skeptical that jurors stick to the rules as much as they should.)

You would think that rather than trying to sway the opinions of anonymous people on message boards, the defense would be focused on their futile attempt to keep the guy out of jail.

I think one poster on this board is actually employed by Kurtz. If they aren't, they should be getting a commission. I agree, trying to sway public opinion on a message board is certainly a waste of time and resources. We don't get to vote.

ETA: No, it's not the poster most of you think it is.

And with all the supposition that goes on - isn't it easy to suppose that perhaps he was fully dressing her in the running garb (you know, to make the story seem more real) and quite possibly a fussy 2 year old woke up at 4:00 a.m. and wanted some milk, right when he was just getting the bra on her, and then dang nab it, the child just wouldn't go back to sleep for a couple hours - cutting into his redressing time??!! Isn't that at all possible?? Seems possible to me. Surely he wasn't going to continue dressing his dead wife while his two year old watched??!!

;)

It seems like the underwear/shorts/socks/shoes would have been the easiest and quickest part of dressing her. I don't buy that he ran out of time or got frustrated/gave up. Putting that stuff on would have been 2 or 3 minutes tops.

A file with the wrong time stamp is a bit vague. Was the file time stamped months later, or much earlier and modified to correspond to July 11? Impossible to determine?

They are "Invalid Timestamps" in one of the columns (SIA Entry Modified). 100% of the map search, but like less than 2% on the whole computer.

I think so. He/she is not mine! We are recreating Woodstock in May at our farm and he is appropriately dressed for the occasion - and I just loved it!!!!

I have a basset hound and loooooove them!

They are "Invalid Timestamps" in one of the columns (SIA Entry Modified). 100% of the map search, but like less than 2% on the whole computer.

Search map time stamps were all altered to correspond to July 11, or was it suggested that they were altered and the correct time stamp should be July 11? Sorry, trying to get a clear picture here as it would clarify whether Brad tried to alter the time stamps on the search to reflect another time, or whether someone else was seaching on the computer and accidentally modified the time stamps to July 11.

Get Donald Trump involved and pair everyone with a famous or (in) famous detective/crime-fighting agent and film a reality show where they try and solve cold cases? I call Batman!

Well if we bring Batman in, my kids would want to be involved, and they definitely do not need to be privy to the adult info in this case!:blushing:

I honestly had not heard that before her post. I am shocked. Is there any valid reason for that being the case? If not, I'm leaping back over the fence.

I'm kinda confused as to which side of the fence you were currently on!

It seems like the underwear/shorts/socks/shoes would have been the easiest and quickest part of dressing her. I don't buy that he ran out of time or got frustrated/gave up. Putting that stuff on would have been 2 or 3 minutes tops.

I guess it would depend on the mindset. When Brad was being interviewed, he seemed very focused on the jogging bras. If a person were of that mindset, the first thing they might determine had to be put on a jogging woman might be the jog bra. Once he had to struggle with that, he gave up on the rest. That makes a lot more sense to me than someone taking every other single item off except that bra. (They are easier to get off than on. MOO)

I have a basset hound and loooooove them!

Our neighbor has one and he loves to ride the golf cart with me, hubby, and our two boxers. He's a pistol!! So personable. He stands out by the road - we live out in the REAL country, way out - very very little traffic - anyway, he stands out by the road and whenever we ride by on the 4 wheelers or golf cart, you have to stop and "visit" with him. He acts just like an old country gentleman sitting in the yard, spitting tobacco, and just waiting for someone to come by and chat. But he's big!!! I didn't realize basset hounds get that big.

Search map time stamps were all altered to correspond to July 11, or was it suggested that they were altered and the correct time stamp should be July 11? Sorry, trying to get a clear picture here as it would clarify whether Brad tried to alter the time stamps on the search to reflect another time, or whether someone else was seaching on the computer and accidentally modified the time stamps to July 11.

Chappell did not offer an opinion on why they showed invalid timestamps, but opined that it could just be normal for the OS. The defense has contended that they were altered to reflect 7/11. The other timestamp on all of the files shows 7/11.

Thank you. But is it likely to be ssh logs showing access to it? He had to program it from a PC, right?

He could have just plugged a console cable in and connected directly and there may have been a terminal log file leftover if he did that.

I'm not so sure but that maybe the invalid timestamps came from deleting files and thinking that everything was gone but the analysis of the computer allowed them to access those maps. Not all techy people are knowledgeable in every aspect of computers and networks. I think he tried and failed to erase that evidence. MOO

That's what I think too. And put me in the Brad is guilty group. :maddening: I have absolutely no reasonable doubt.

Okay, before I go to bed, here's the other part of cross I found relevant.

Kurtz began asking about router logs...
K-FBI never asked for router logs. Is it true that dropping a file from an internal hard drive can result in an invalid timestamp?
C-It's possible.
K-You are aware of a lot of activity on port 445? C-Yes. K-Port 445 is for file sharing. All activity was denied, wasn't it? According to the CSA log?
The fact that attempts from an internal address were denied --couldn't that mean that someone made it into the network?
C-Give me the date.
K-July 15. 3 attempts in a row. What could this mean? That someone made it into the network?
C-Yes, but it could be benign.
K-When did you look at the CSA log?
C-Last night.
K-Why didn't you look at the CSA log before last night?
C-This is not the only case I was working on.

(Me--??????)

That makes a lot more sense to me than someone taking every other single item off except that bra. (They are easier to get off than on. MOO)
But it's usually going to cost you dinner and a decent bottle of wine.

Well, of course you have your right to believe what ever you want. I just learned early on to not really trust anyone on the Internet unless I meet them in person. The anonymity of the Internet provides people who are often introverts to be anyone that they like, to make themselves feel more important than they are.

People also get real enjoyment out of whipping others up into a froth. That's what happens with places like the GOLO boards. Most of the offensive stuff that people post over there, they don't even believe themselves. They just say it as bait and they are rewarded when people take the bait and get offended by it.

You just cannot take any of this message board stuff too seriously. :twocents:

I get what you're saying, I just trust my intuition, and I'm not really the gullible type. And you notice he left and isn't here to continue baiting? Like he knew he went a little too far with what he said.

A file with the wrong time stamp is a bit vague. Was the file time stamped months later, or much earlier and modified to correspond to July 11? Impossible to determine?

She said all 500 files modified during that 41 seconds had an invalid timestamp. Not just a file.

Chappell did not offer an opinion on why they showed invalid timestamps, but opined that it could just be normal for the OS. The defense has contended that they were altered to reflect 7/11. The other timestamp on all of the files shows 7/11.

That was the problem that I had with JW's testimony. He gave the impression that the ONLY reason for an invalid timestamp was the moving of files/tampering and that just wasn't accurate. Could the invalid timestamps be created because something was incorrect with the google map server? Could it be caused by someone trying to erase the evidence but missing some important files? What are ALL the incidences that could cause an invalid timestamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy