IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellehill I am thinking very closely along the same lines it seems that you are.. As I posted at length about yesterday without a doubt in my mind atleast ONE of JW's friends that are seen on the video punching and confronting CR.. At the very very least one of these guys IMMEDIATELY contacted JW if not before the altercation.. THEN DEFINITELY AFTER the altercation..IMO There is just no doubt about it!!

My thoughts are that itseven entirely possible that as all party goers closed down Kilroy's at 2:30 with LS and CR walking together to her Smallwood apt.. Its quite possible that it was at that moment upon everyone leaving that JW's group of guy friends saw LS/CR at that time and watched the two of them from there on the 2-3min walk to Lauren's apt.. And at that point decided to give their friend a heads up on what was going on with his long term girlfriend who was his
Number 1 priority in his life.. I wouldn't be surprised iff that when all of these guys accounts of what took place that night come to light and are known for certain and even corroborated.. It will surprise me none if it comes to light that not only was Jesse made known of Laurens choice of company that night but that even when he was told that he was so angry that it was at his direction or suggestion for his pals to knock the lights outta this other guy..

Only time will tell for certain.. and fortunately I feel with this case it will be sooner rather than later that it is resolved..

But IMO JW knew about LS and her choice of companion the very night or early morning hours of last Friday.. Jmo, tho!

I wasn't being snarky. But I'm pretty sure they have said that the last known factual sighting was where she was at 3am on the alley camera and that they only have several individuals SAYING she was at the apts later than that, but have no physical proof of that. Based on that I would think they would be investigating all avenues. MOO

I certainly didn't think you were being snarky at all. I'm sorry if I came across that way. I just think sometimes in these cases LE gets caught up in one scenario, possibly missing different avenues. There just seems to be such a strong concentration or focus on the last sighting of male #2 seeing her walk to the end of the block. It seems like we've been swayed by the media to think that something occured after that last sighting. I just wonder if something could have happened after leaving apt 1 or she could have made another stop after male #2 saw her at the corner (if that indeed is true)

She seemed to be skipping from place to place, so who knows if she was walking home after male #2 and encountered a group partying on the porch, stopped there etc. or who knows...maybe a complete random, abduction..my thoughts change frequently.

@btown - If you haven't seen it, here is the HT link about the homeless guy near RR tracks who heard screams at 4:35am
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/09/news.qp-6103048.sto

Seems like these would be the tracks in that unsavory area near the adult bookstore.
What's to stop some of those unsavories from walking towards N. College ave? Which direction would they be coming from? Homeless people often find shelter in new construction. Are there any cameras on the new construction? Is there fresh cement there at the 2 construction sites poured since June 2nd?

p.s. you are brilliant...

And I'm wondering if besides JW's friends if KT is a POI? Since he lives 2 doors down from CR/MB probably not necessary to put him on the map.
Here is an article referencing KT:
http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Se...ance-video-of-student-surfaces-123592499.html

The main things bugging me at this point:

1) Who are JW's friends and did JW know about the assault on CR?
2) Why did CVS witness say that MB said he saw LS walking down the street
when she went to JR's which is in the same building?
3) Just how did LS run into JR? It is stated in several places that CR and JR were friends and that LS and JR were friends and that JR claims to be the last person to see her alive. Clearly CR is pointing to JR as the last to see her also. But JR does not say how he ran into her at 3:00 am! Did she just knock on his door? Did he see her on the street? She didn't have a phone so she wasn't calling him. To me, JR's story here is crucial to determining her state of mind, where she came from, how long she was with JR, etc... If she walked straight to JR's place from CR/MB's but definitely did not want to stay at CR/MB's(WHY??... something made her uncomfortable) then she would have been knocking on JR's door at 3:00 am. That seems a little odd. I've seen no statement of what time JR says he met up with LS nor how the meetup happened. He only talks about when she left. So was she with him the full 1:15 to 1:30 hrs? What did they do for that time? This last hour she was supposedly alive is very important and yet it's totally blank.
4) Assuming that CR, MB, JR, and KT have cars, where do they park their cars normally? And where were their cars that night?
5) Exactly when was LS reported missing and by whom? By the time CR/MB were shopping at CVS on the 3rd they already knew she was missing. How could they know that?
6) I am persistently amazed at how long they wait to bring out dogs in these situatons. Dogs could have immediately traced her path! And cadaver dogs who have a different purpose could also be utilized at this point to be discovering her body or where it may have been. Dogs should be one of the first things used in a missing persons case!
7) where was JW that night? Where does he live in relation to btown's map?

Someone has posted a FB link for JW (which is a no-no) but I did go look and of course JW's only TV show was Dexter. I don't think that people who like that show enough to put it on their FB page fit into the "teddy bear" category.

I still think there is way too much peculiarity in the stories between CR/MB and JR, the violence with JW's friends and CR, the location of the purse/keys and where LS was last proven to be seen vs. the route she took to get there and then the supposed route home. CR's memory loss appears to be nonsense based on the CVS witness, perhaps that was just a reflex CYA when he heard about Lauren being missing after he woke up.

Looking at all of the angles there is the possiblity of an accidental death scenario too.
For example, what if on the way back to CR/MB's apt... CR and LS run into JR who also goes back to CR/MB's apartment with them... and then coaxes LS to go back to his place to do some cocaine. Since these are affluent partying college kids and school just got out, it would not be strange if something like that evolved. I've seen no other motivating factor why she would jump over to JR's and quickly abandon the CR situation. I've not heard a single person come forward and say, no she would never do drugs. So, in this scenario she does some coke and perhaps it's too much with her Long QT and she drops dead. JR then is stuck with a dead body where he is responsible for giving her the drug that killed her. He then has to figure out what to do, and has a few hours to do it. He returns home and then comes up with the story that she just walked down the street. Circumstantially JR is in deep here. He needs to be more forthcoming about every minute he was with her.

Thinking about the JW angry bf scenario, he would be calling her cell, not getting an answer and would be wondering what is going on. If he were that type of person, the next thing he would logically do would be to go to her apt, not to CR's right? If he did go to her apt, the room mate would be awakened and she would have known he was looking for her. Or he may have called roomate during the night, not wait until the next day... If he were stalking her over to CR's how would he know about that unless CR/LS were followed on the way to CR's apt. and that information was given to JW.
In that case, JW could have waited for her in CR's parking lot and when she left JR's he might have thought she was just leaving CR's and overreacted.

Still thinking 80% someone directly connected (including the accidental scenarios), 20% on the periphery (1 degree of separation) and still less than 1% chance of a random or planned stranger abduction. The reason is the strange events surrounding this night with too many gaping holes and inconsistencies between this small group of people who knew each other, all living in close proximity.
Even so, a shakedown of the unsavories is in order, as well as a plaster cast of the tire tracks leading into the woods...

Re: supposed "mystery" about LS keys and who the "mystery" person with LS is.. That being "key" to solving the case..

IMO there is no "mystery" as is supposed In an above post..
LS/CR are reported to have left Smallwood 2:40am.. The walk to CR apt via the route taken has an ETA of
Only 5 mins.. That would have LS/CR ETA to his apt at or right around 2:45 am..

IMO fits perfectly with what Amin reports.. ThT he see keys a little before 3am(fits with LS/CR enroute 2:40-2:45am).. Amin leaves the keys be.. Later at some time after 3am Amin has friend that comes upon the keys/coin purse and simply sets them atop of the railing where they were still found to be at later that day when recovered..

No mystery there,IMO.. and no mystery as to who LE states they see LS walking with while en route to CRs apt.. CR..

Who easily could have been in bed soon thereafter they arrived to the apt.. This confirmed As well by the roomate..

VeryVeritas, you pointed out something I'd not previously seen reported.. Aim still attempting to catch up so please forgive if this has already been discussed and resolved..

In the article linked in your post from lohud it does intact clearly say that MB states that after LS and CR arrived at the apt that CR immediately went on to bed. He says at that time that Lauren wanted to leave and head back home.. MB says that he watched Lauren leave their apt AND WATCHED HER WALK DOWN THE STREET HEADED FOR HER APT COMPLEX!!!!

WTH??? JR claims that he also watched Lauren walk Down the street toward her Smallwood Apt!!!

So which is it??

And are both of these boys truly claiming to have witnessed Lauren walking down the street towards her apt???
I had never heard MB state such..

Yesterday I did read that lohud was not known to be the most accurate of sources.. So could someone clarify if this is accurate and both boys are now making this similar claim.. And does that mean that now MB is stating himself as the person last to see Lauren????

Really WTF??

Lt. Bill Parker, at approx 3:25 in the video:
Then she went to another buddy's apartment a couple of doors down, still in the same building...

What they're telling us is along about 4:30 am she said, "I feel like I'm ready to go to my own apartment. I'm going to walk to my apartment."

She left, and that young man watched her walk to the corner of11th and College, and that was the last person to see her that we know of...
Bloomington PD press conference June 7, 2011
Fox59 News has learned Jay Rosenbaum, whom Voyles is representing, told Bloomington police he saw Spierer walk away from his apartment before dawn on June 3rd. Police said Rosenbaum may have been the last person to see Spierer.
http://tinyurl.com/5w5kdzy

These excerpts are from interviews with Beth's friend. Notice how they differ. Considering they come from a third party and aren't direct quotes, I take them with a grain of salt.
That friend, who spoke to Fox59 on the condition of anonymity, said Beth told him Rossman drank a lot that night and went home and passed out. The friend said Beth tried to convince Lauren to stay that night because it was so late. Lauren didn't and Beth saw her leave.
http://tinyurl.com/5w5kdzy
Beth told the friend that he put Rossman to bed and that Spierer wanted to leave. Beth told the friend he watched her walk out the door and down the street on her way home, the friend said.
http://tinyurl.com/443yc8u

Unfortunately the friend from CVS reporting on what MB said, would be double hearsay, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

I've seen it written that her boyfriend is cooperating but not that he has given DNA. Has anyone else seen that he has?

I've seen it written that her boyfriend is cooperating but not that he has given DNA. Has anyone else seen that he has?

Nothing on him giving DNA has been reported, as far as I know. I am not sure what good is DNA going to do anyway, until/unless they find a body.

I guess it is totally dependent on the time of the exchange between the CVS guy and CR/MB.. it just says some time that afternoon he has the convo with these twoand they were aware at that time that Lauren was already missing..

IIRc we have JW first involving LE at 4:30 pm Friday almost exactly 12hrs from the last time she was seen.*

It woukd be interesting to know exactly at what point in time these roomates were made aware of LS missing and the exact time of this convo at CVS..

KT is a male that lives in same apt as CR/JR and he went on camera with a reporter about how crazy this all was..

To my knowledge not involved in any other way..

Nothing on him giving DNA has been reported, as far as I know. I am not sure what good is DNA going to do anyway, until/unless they find a body.

Would make his initial story seem more odd IMO.. His story about texting to hang out at Laurens apt just waiting for the text back to say come on..
So he went looking for her after knowing shes out with another guy..he can't find her so he just goes home to bed to awake the next morning and is waiting for the invite over to spend day at her apt.. Then all of sudden panics and involves police..

My opinion
Would be that would be very odd. Upset worried enough to go out looking for her but just an oh well I'm going to bed so what if j can't find her and this guy.. Goes yo sleep and awakes as if nothing had ever happened.. Supposedly waiting for a usual text Invite.. But the.n goes into panic mode that she doesnt answer..

Can argue til the cows come home but in my book that is fishy as alll get out!!!!

Would make his initial story seem more odd IMO.. His story about texting to hang out at Laurens apt just waiting for the text back to say come on..
So he went looking for her after knowing shes out with another guy..he can't find her so he just goes home to bed to awake the next morning and is waiting for the invite over to spend day at her apt.. Then all of sudden panics and involves police..

My opinion
Would be that would be very odd. Upset worried enough to go out looking for her but just an oh well I'm going to bed so what if j can't find her and this guy.. Goes yo sleep and awakes as if nothing had ever happened.. Supposedly waiting for a usual text Invite.. But the.n goes into panic mode that she doesnt answer..

Can argue til the cows come home but in my book that is fishy as alll get out!!!!
Where was it said that her bf went out looking for her that night?

@btown

In your latest map you have the lane on N. College on the opposite side of the street from the Woodburn house closed for construction of the apt. building across the street. But I'm looking at another map that places the Waffle house (you said is frequented by police in the early AM hours) in that same location. Is the lane closure directly in front of the Waffle house? That's really close to Smallwood. And that means that traffic in both direction would be on the Smallwood side of the street, correct?

If this construction is going on in front of, and including the Waffle house is it still open? And are police still going there, or maybe avoiding the construction?

Finally, as much respect as I have for LE, I have personally known of cases of LE being the perp particularly with respect to women and smaller towns.

Someone should check who was on duty that night and where they were between 3:00 and 5:00 am on June 3rd.

Fox news just announced the BF was arrested.....any links for that???

Well Bessie it certainly seems as tho
I've lost my mind..lol..

I guess thats what I get for multitasking on this Saturday afternoon.. Cleaning house..working in 95*plus temps in my flowerbeds.. All the while attempting to follow Lauren's thread via mobile..

I could have absolutely sworn I was replying to a post that was replying to a post of clu's.. Didn't even look at the user name of the poster but in a nutshell I read it to say.. "whose to say JW did not go out looking for het that night?"..

Now in reading your post I went back to find this "supposed" post and see I must be losing my mind as I cannot find anything remotely similar..

I seriously think btwn the household cleaner fumes, the heat of working in flowerbeds, and my attempting to post via mobile has really caused me to really lose it..

Plz forgive my nonsensical posts ..lol..

Praying for Lauren..

From what was reported, LE got an anonymous tip about the water, and that's why there were searching there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge