Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIRC at least one of those containers were in the home after Stacy went missing. I think we saw one in pics of the garage.

IIRC Cass also reported seeing a barrel of pool chemicals at the home before Stacy went missing. And after she went missing the barrel of chemicals was also missing. We speculated that DrewP might have gotten the chemicals from Mike R. as he was in that business.

Helllo everyone. First of all, reading all these posts is a great reminder of what happened so many months ago, and I thank those who have so much info to share. It makes me remember and go "oh yeah, that's right". So thanks!

Here's my confusion. Tom Morphey said he thought he helped carry Stacy's remains in a "container". NOT a blue barrel. The blue barrel came into play when Cassandra said one was missing from the garage. So....how did we come to believe Stacy was in a blue barrel? Versus a container? I probably missed something important.

But I read that Tom Morphey said this blue barrel at the recent find is not what he remembers. So, did Drew remove Stacy's body from his house in a container and then transfer her to a blue barrel? Or, did Drew put other stuff in the blue barrel (nightstand, cell phone, etc.,) and remove that? I've always thought he burned evidence.

Sorry...I'm just confused. I'm thinking blue barrel and Stacy are forever linked in the media and that's why Drew laughs. Stacy was never in a blue barrel.

I also read that the same group of dedicated searchers who have been searching for Stacy on land, water and in the Stacy boat are the one's who found the newest body part and then contacted LE. I didn't read how they got to that area, except that they've been searching it since the beginning.

Thoughts?

Tom Morphey didn't he say that it was warm to the touch etc...?

Tom Morphey didn't he say that it was warm to the touch etc...?

Yes he did. But that was the blue "container". NOT the blue barrel. Right? I'm just confused about it :waitasec:

Quick google src > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22039495/

He does indeed say "blue container", good pick up.

"Asked what sort of object Morphey said he helped move, Martinek replied, “It was a blue container; a sealed blue container. He didn’t use the word ‘barrel.’ ”

(oddly, two paragraphs later, they're back to calling it a 'barrel'...)

CNN transcripts w/ "rectangular container": drew peterson "rectangular container " site:transcripts.cnn.com - Google Search

Specifically, eg, in Nancy Grace transcripts: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...:transcripts.cnn.com&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

END. I know this has been discussed elsewhere on this website; just wanted to explore the "blue barrel" vs "blue container/rectangular container" question as relates to what might be found in the river.

IIRC, wasn't there also a missing sidetable from the bedroom? I think I remember this information, I'll have to go all the way back to the original but that is what I'm remembering. Please correct me, anyone, if I'm getting cases mixed up. But, if I'm correct, I hope they also find it in the river.

I did not remember this, so looked it up and found this info (cached form): http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...+missing+night+stand&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This also ties in with my previous post, because here a neighbor is saying that it was a barrel being loaded into the car...

Previous thread on nightstand: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-57000.html

Previous (3/10/09) link by kikid of what Morphey told investigators (here it's called a 'barrel' again): http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/...7,Peterson-stepbrother-talks_jo030909.article

ok, I went digging and have found mention of the barrel as downstream.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6823493&rss=rss-wls-article-6823493

I'm also changing the barrel location as that has been clarified as well.
channahon4-sat.jpg

You are a trooper Kikid, If those red dots are about 1 mile apart, by jove, I think you've got it! Seriously. Even tho I never took logics in school :rolleyes: it makes perfect sense that these items, all coming from the same source and deposited/released about the same time, would end up in an immediate area of each other. I am assuming that BTW. :)

I hope Marsha checks in tonight - often she is here late, to tell us why she thought the barrel was upstream.

Thanks again Kikid for your devotion to the case and going the extra mile. xox

You are a trooper Kikid, If those red dots are about 1 mile apart, by jove, I think you've got it! Seriously. Even tho I never took logics in school :rolleyes: it makes perfect sense that these items, all coming from the same source and deposited/released about the same time, would end up in an immediate area of each other. I am assuming that BTW. :)

I hope Marsha checks in tonight - often she is here late, to tell us why she thought the barrel was upstream.

Thanks again Kikid for your devotion to the case and going the extra mile. xox

well, using my fingertip as my guide, the red dots are Approximately 1 mile apart, give or take a bit. the measurement on google maps was for 2000 ft and a mile is just over 1500, so i guesstimated.

Hi Kikid, Both you and Marsha put the remains at the same X on the map. I can't c & p her photos on pp 11, but the first one shows where the remains spot was from those 2 tanks on Dow Chem land.

Now we have established from links that the leg bone found yesterday was found 1 mile upstream from the remains. I'm also thinking that would be on the same side of the river up closer to the bridge, across the water from that marina. That is because access to that land would be thru Dow Chemical property as is the spot of the original remains.

And Marsha also found something in a link saying the barrel was also found sbout 1 mile upstream from the original remains of last Wed. It makes sense then to me the barrel and the Saturday find might be quite close together.

Now if Michelle walked on that path close to the town, she could have looked across the water to the east bank and seen the blue barrel. She would be on the west bank which would be close to housing subdivisions, right?

Just thinking and of course this could be all wet! xox

Here are a couple of items for thought regarding this new find and how it ties back to the original remains site and the barrel.

I am a PADI certified Divemaster, with specialized training and certifications in Emergency Services Underwater sesearch and recovery specialization.

When we read these reports, we look for paterns. The searchers will always be looking for witnesses or starting points to begin a search point. The water itself is typically so moving so dirty or clowded that the chances of a blind lucky search recovering anything is negligable.

In this case they have a known starting spot. The first remains found. They will do a tight earch patern aroung that spot looking for finer or related material. They will also follow similar leads, such as the blue barrel, and put a team in as if that was a witnessed search point. So they searched near the 1 mile upstream barrel, and discovered more body parts near it. This ties the barrel into it somehow.

So the searchers started from 2 suspisious things near shore. Partial human remaians and a blue barrel sunk a mile upstream of them.Saturdays search found more remains at that 1 mile upstream location. They would not have dove there unless it had a clear starting point. The barrel. So anything they find ties back to the barrel. and the finds all tie back to a single missing person.

If they are finding clothing they may be items that have been underwater, andwould not deteriorate.

Just from what I have seen and read today, I would suspect thatthe body originated in the large blue container. Recent flooding probably caused the container to move and breach from where it was, and it settled near shorewith its contents flowing into the river,.There depositing its contents.

I know I was just considering that the skull would most likely be located between the torso and the barrel as well. And the implants imo would perhaps be near the foot bones (not yet found) or lower legs, as they probably floated out first thing.

we've had so much rain and there has been so much flooding that the pieces may have just softly floated out as well... then the water receeds taking the barrel with it.

As much as I would love to see the implants surface, I have my doubts it could happen after 18 mos. Even after 9 months, to when the flooding happened and the decomposed remains could have slipped out of a barrel that had been bashed between logs.

Both silicone and saline implants pop inside the human body. Can you imagine them surviving a big river with all the twigs and critters that could besiege them? Once popped, I would think they would shrivel and dry up in the sun, and finding them would be the virtual epitomy of the needle in the haystack. xox

Here are a couple of items for thought regarding this new find and how it ties back to the original remains site and the barrel.

I am a PADI certified Divemaster, with specialized training and certifications in Emergency Services Underwater sesearch and recovery specialization.

When we read these reports, we look for paterns. The searchers will always be looking for witnesses or starting points to begin a search point. The water itself is typically so moving so dirty or clowded that the chances of a blind lucky search recovering anything is negligable.

In this case they have a known starting spot. The first remains found. They will do a tight earch patern aroung that spot looking for finer or related material. They will also follow similar leads, such as the blue barrel, and put a team in as if that was a witnessed search point. So they searched near the 1 mile upstream barrel, and discovered more body parts near it. This ties the barrel into it somehow.

So the searchers started from 2 suspisious things near shore. Partial human remaians and a blue barrel sunk a mile upstream of them.Saturdays search found more remains at that 1 mile upstream location. They would not have dove there unless it had a clear starting point. The barrel. So anything they find ties back to the barrel. and the finds all tie back to a single missing person.

If they are finding clothing they may be items that have been underwater, andwould not deteriorate.

Just from what I have seen and read today, I would suspect thatthe body originated in the large blue container. Recent flooding probably caused the container to move and breach from where it was, and it settled near shorewith its contents flowing into the river,.There depositing its contents.

Hi Faefrost, and first I have to tell you it is amazing to me, the posters one can meet at Websleuths. Studying the Scott Peterson case and learning about the ME mentioning the Mineralization of the stones attatched to the strings of Laci's pants, who should appear and post on my Mineralization thread but a poster who worked in a lime quarry. It almost blew me away how she contributed to the discussion with her knowledge.

Thanks for your look at our scenario. Thinking about everything you have said, I think putting these points on a map works to the advantage of LE being able to anticipate where the rest of the remains might be, and anything else that could have been in the barrel.

It might be an exciting week ahead. I appreciate your input and hope you check in as news comes out. How could our forum ask for anything more, except than to explain and understand what really happened to Stacy and have the heartless killer off the streets forever. XOX

Yes, the side table was missing............too......

but there was something, maybe someone can remember--speaking of Dow Chemical Company........something ????? about Drew ordering something from someone through Rick Mim's Company??????? Some chemical or Concrete?????? Can't remember...anyone?

Boy, it would be nice to have the old thread to refer to.............

I have a picture of the blue container Ric M was talking about. He emailed it to me over a year ago. I will upload it and post it here in a few minutes.

ok, i'm having problems with the whole upstream - downstream concept. Upstream to me is against the current, downstream is with the current - is this incorrect?

well, using my fingertip as my guide, the red dots are Approximately 1 mile apart, give or take a bit. the measurement on google maps was for 2000 ft and a mile is just over 1500, so i guesstimated.

Hi, A statute or land mile is 5,280' long. It is all relative Kikid, just that the dots are futher apart.

However, I see Faefrost has posted the barrel was also found about a mile upstream from the original remains found last Wed. Downstream, upstream, well they are still in close proximity to each other when one considers the vast area on earth where this body could have landed.

I anticipate more news in the week to come. And I have the maps imbedded in my mind, visualizing that whoever's body this was that landed on that stretch of riverbank, she will be named and the story of how she got there will be told afterall. I have faith in that. Afterall, whoever put this body there never looked into the future, and how nature works, and that in the end, the evidence will tell the final and true story. xox

Hi, A statute or land mile is 5,280' long. It is all relative Kikid, just that the dots are futher apart.

HA!! I was off by more than a mile, lol - sorry I'm getting tired and feeling silly.

ok, i'm having problems with the whole upstream - downstream concept. Upstream to me is against the current, downstream is with the current - is this incorrect?

I think that's right Kikid. From the 55 bridge, the river is flowing downstream to the bend where the dam is located. You had it right on your maps. The only thing was you thought the BB was found downstream from the original remains found, or closer to the dam than the bridge. I don't think that is the case, but then both posters who say the barrel was upstream from the original remains findings of Wed do not give a link to the 'upstream' part of what they say.

HA!! I was off by more than a mile, lol - sorry I'm getting tired and feeling silly.

Don't feel silly for one minute Kilkid. I sold real estate for years, and that footage is ingrained in my mind forever. LOL Just like an acre is 43,560 sq ft. :eek: Hope that's right!

Here is the picture of the blue box Rick M said both he and DP purchased at the same time from the same place.

He still had his but he said DP no longer had his. In an email I asked RM what size it was and he said approx. 2x2x2.

I have an end table in my family that same size and had a neighbor boy who is a bit over 5' tall come and he fit perfectly under the coffee table in a folded up position. I couldn't believe it.

Also, IIRC in the first reports about what Tom M. described as to what he helped load into DP's vehicle, I believe he said it was a blue container with metal handles and metal clasps. (just my recollection)

RicMimsBox-Stacy.jpg

I have a picture of the blue container Ric M was talking about. He emailed it to me over a year ago. I will upload it and post it here in a few minutes.

It's good to see you Marsha, Were your ears burning? LOLOL Upstream, downstream, we want to get it right, but I think it is all relative. Just further apart. Hope you don't mind I quoted you and then hoped you'd be checking in tonight.

We are all passionate about discovering the truth, and some posters have more talents in application than others. You, Kikid, Faefrost, well you are all respected by us all for your knowledge and ideas, and I don't mean to leave anyone else of importance out. The rest of us give our common sense, and we hope that everything together will unravel the mystery we find before us. xox

It's good to see you Marsha, Were your ears burning? LOLOL Upstream, downstream, we want to get it right, but I think it is all relative. Just further apart. Hope you don't mind I quoted you and then hoped you'd be checking in tonight.

We are all passionate about discovering the truth, and some posters have more talents in application than others. You, Kikid, Faefrost, well you are all respected by us all for your knowledge and ideas, and I don't mean to leave anyone else of importance out. The rest of us give our common sense, and we hope that everything together will unravel the mystery we find before us. xox

Absolutely no problem. I appreciate the compliment. As to upstream/downstream, I posted yesterday something about the barrel being found upstream.....only after reading what another WS person had posted. Since then I have read a news report that said the barrel was found downstream.

I consider upstream to be against the current also.....in this case that would be closer to the 55 bridge.....or East. Which seems to be where the additional body part was found. As to the barrel, I sure don't have a clue to location, or even if it is related.

I've been confused, as have many of us, as to "barrel" or "container". I am hoping someone drags that part of the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa