FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night 4mer... I want to go too. Early day tomorrow. But Im not feelin it and that means tossing and turning and wondering.... grrrrr... another glass of the grape I think..

Gosh.. no one has anything to add to the list? There are more lurkers (and I dont mean that in a bad way) than members atm.

anyone?

can anyone throw in anything new that was different on that day for somer? While we are here can we make a combined list?
the obvious

SP at the house
she felt bad that morning
Her mom freaked over her not comin home (which seems more normal than abnormal IMO)
Arguments with friend. AT and ST
Sub teacher

Can't think of anything to add right now.

Wondering: Were the crossing guards the "regular" crossing guards for that shift. Or did shifts change and sometimes they did mornings and sometimes afternoons?

Could the reason that Diena reacted quickly (leaving work, calling C. Perry, etc.) be because Sean was the "babysitter"? I mean that she didn't want him to have to deal with Somer not coming home ... I have friends who would be good in a situation like this and others that I'd just as soon went home because they panic. That's where my head is going with that one.

Wondering: Were the crossing guards the "regular" crossing guards for that shift. Or did shifts change and sometimes they did mornings and sometimes afternoons?

Could the reason that Diena reacted quickly (leaving work, calling C. Perry, etc.) be because Sean was the "babysitter"? I mean that she didn't want him to have to deal with Somer not coming home ... I have friends who would be good in a situation like this and others that I'd just as soon went home because they panic. That's where my head is going with that one.

Ive wondered about the crossing guards, but have no idea how to find out. Thats a very good point about DT coming home. Sounds plausible to me.

So much to wonder about. Do you think there is any chance Haleigh and Somers cases are related?

Thanks for the updates Noway...

I come in and try to follow this case a little but the sheer number of "initials" and RSO's and "suspects" is pretty confusing

Just my own thoughts on this....I am still struck by how Somer would go up to construction workers to talk to them..."doing a good job"??

I find it odd that LE has not put out a cause of death...or information if she was sexually assaulted

I know that the area around her seems to have been chock full of RSO's...but I wonder....maybe this was NOT a sexual crime??

could it be that Somer was "lost" and someone (*close) of the early searchers found her and struck her or beat her and killed her (maybe not meaning to)...or began to strike her and lost control and killed her??

could it be someone ...boyfriend or the "one who was going to watch her" ...?? Maybe they felt her a drain on their relationship with DT? If you read between the lines here, this "indigo child" stuff sort of boils down to "a handfull"....was someone sick of Somer running off, maybe they found her hard to manage??

I also can imagine a scenario with a teenager....could she have seen something? drugs?? kids having sex or ?? could she have threatened to "tell"?? and maybe they killed her??

I am just throwing these ideas out there...I try to think in a "simple" manner...I def like to use the Occam's Razor type thinking ...and to imagine the least complicated scenario

Question : when will LE release more info on cause of death etc?? thanks

Could it be she didn't trust SP and wanted to make sure he didn't rape or kill Somer?

Ive wondered about the crossing guards, but have no idea how to find out. Thats a very good point about DT coming home. Sounds plausible to me.

So much to wonder about. Do you think there is any chance Haleigh and Somers cases are related?

Not likely.

Thanks for the updates Noway...

I come in and try to follow this case a little but the sheer number of "initials" and RSO's and "suspects" is pretty confusing

Just my own thoughts on this....I am still struck by how Somer would go up to construction workers to talk to them..."doing a good job"??

I find it odd that LE has not put out a cause of death...or information if she was sexually assaulted

I know that the area around her seems to have been chock full of RSO's...but I wonder....maybe this was NOT a sexual crime??

could it be that Somer was "lost" and someone (*close) of the early searchers found her and struck her or beat her and killed her (maybe not meaning to)...or began to strike her and lost control and killed her??

could it be someone ...boyfriend or the "one who was going to watch her" ...?? Maybe they felt her a drain on their relationship with DT? If you read between the lines here, this "indigo child" stuff sort of boils down to "a handfull"....was someone sick of Somer running off, maybe they found her hard to manage??

I also can imagine a scenario with a teenager....could she have seen something? drugs?? kids having sex or ?? could she have threatened to "tell"?? and maybe they killed her??

I am just throwing these ideas out there...I try to think in a "simple" manner...I def like to use the Occam's Razor type thinking ...and to imagine the least complicated scenario

Question : when will LE release more info on cause of death etc?? thanks

The reason they aren't releasing info is to preserve the evidence. This isn't just a normal killing. The amount of DNA that needs to be looked through is enormous being she was in a landfill. She was definitely not sexually assaulted that's why the sex offenders were excluded.

More about the evidence....
This is from 3 weeks ago today, so most of you have probably already seen it.

"Waiting on lab results is part of this process," said Sheriff Rick Beseler. "The results can take weeks to return and cannot be rushed or hurried because this is information that will point us in the right direction and tell us where to go." Sheriff Beseler commented that, with a case like this, information is unfolding slowly. He describes the case as being far from "cold". "This case is not a cold case...not by far," Beseler said. "This case remains hot with emerging leads and many pieces of evidence. Our team is very active and will remain so for weeks to come", Beseler said.

http://www.claysheriff.com/05_01_00news.asp?NewsID=471

can anyone throw in anything new that was different on that day for somer? While we are here can we make a combined list?
the obvious

SP at the house
Her mom freaked over her not comin home (which seems more normal than abnormal IMO)
Sub teacher

The trip home for lunch

Speaking of that cop, if you look at his property on the Clay County Parcel it no longer gives you any info, no name, nothing. It's all been blanked out. I guess LE is a fan?

Also Briarwood is the very first thing Somer said to me.

If they are it is a good idea. I personally don't feel that we should be broadcasting info on LE's home addressses and private information. Yes the data is out there, but to agregate it in passing is not right.

the obvious

SP at the house
Sub teacher

G'morning everyone :)

Hi sad....hope that once she went to bed, you go control over the thermostat at mom's house. LOL THAT was funny, yes there is a fine line between HOT and COLD....I WONDER which side of the line LE are on?!?!??!

ONLY 2 weeks until Christmas! Do you think this case will be solved and the perp behind bars by then?!?!?!?

Sorry - the point of my post - to add to the "argues with friend" - wasn't it more than that??????????? I mean didn't we hear about Somer being hit in the head with a book bag or back pack?????

ANYONE remember that?!?!? Should I find a link???

Could it be she didn't trust SP and wanted to make sure he didn't rape or kill Somer?

Then why ask him to wait for the kids if he couldn't be trusted for just a few hours after school? He was supposedly an "indigo" adult. Well versed in dealing with "indigo children", and presumably regular kids, too.
He did not strike me as being overreacting according to the MPR. And we do not know if the siblings were overly concerned either by S. not coming directly home. We do not know if PC came at the time stated, either.
It may have been he arrived sooner, while AT was still out looking and that is why he only picked up ST. But, it would seem that he would have passed them before he got very far, because his time of leaving and her time arriving with LE in tow is roughly 5 minutes.

She is said to have gone directly to the park first, even though she would have had to pass by her own house going down Debarry to get to the park.
The most normal thing to do in the world would be to stop in long enough to find out what is going on from everyone before going to the park or anywhere else. But, if she did so neither she, nor Sp, nor PC, nor the children mention it in the report. If it had been out of her way to go home before going to the park, then fine, but, if you were driving right by there.....it is a question that stands out to me.

(Yes, I often talk to myself)

Wonder what happened to this guy? Im gonna see what I can find...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-kids-at-bus-stop/AVVdoCjYsEmZG9b8-Qnj1g.cspx

Did anyone read the comments under this story....seems this guys first name meant something to someone - maybe posters comments are based on yet another vision.

It's really hard to know how far to go chasing which visions. It's less exhausting just sticking to the facts as we know them.

This guy ISN'T an RSO which IS interesting...

G'morning everyone :)

Hi sad....hope that once she went to bed, you go control over the thermostat at mom's house. LOL THAT was funny, yes there is a fine line between HOT and COLD....I WONDER which side of the line LE are on?!?!??!

ONLY 2 weeks until Christmas! Do you think this case will be solved and the perp behind bars by then?!?!?!?

Sorry - the point of my post - to add to the "argues with friend" - wasn't it more than that??????????? I mean didn't we hear about Somer being hit in the head with a book bag or back pack?????

ANYONE remember that?!?!? Should I find a link???

I thought it was S. who hit ( another child, usually stated as ST), before running or walking away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong