NY - Danroy "D.J." Henry Jr., college football player, fatally shot by LEO, Pleasantville, 2010

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. – A police chief whose officers were involved in the fatal shooting of Easton native Danroy Henry calls the Pace University student's death a "truly tragic situation.

In an interview with the Globe this afternoon, Mount Pleasant Chief Louis Algano identified the officers who fired the shots that killed Henry as Pleasantville Police Officer Aaron Hess and Mount Pleasant Officer Ronald Beckley.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/10/chief_calls_dea.html

I think the police were wrong here, and I think charges should be filed!

Algano said Pleasantville Officer Hess was the first officer to notice the fight and also the first officer to try to break it up. He said Hess was in the parking lot near Henry's car when another officer knocked on the window of Henry's car. Henry's car was parked in the fire lane in front of the nightspot.
"For unknown reasons, the operator sped away,'' Algano said today.
Hess was swept up onto the hood of Henry's car, the chief said. As Henry allegedly drove away, a Mount Pleasant officer was hit by the driver's side mirror, Algano said

From the same article above

The mother was on CNN and explained that since the guys were parked in the fire lane, when the officer knocked on the window they thought that he just wanted them to move out of the fire lane. So he pulled away and an officer jumped in front of the vehicle. By the time the guy saw the officer he had already hit him, and then they shot and fired and killed the college driver.

I don't know the whole story, But what I do know is the driver was NOT drunk, or high on anything. And was a good kid! This is such a shame!

The outcome will be interesting, since both officers were also injured. My prayers go out to all involved.

Algano said Pleasantville Officer Hess was the first officer to notice the fight and also the first officer to try to break it up. He said Hess was in the parking lot near Henry's car when another officer knocked on the window of Henry's car. Henry's car was parked in the fire lane in front of the nightspot.
"For unknown reasons, the operator sped away,'' Algano said today.
Hess was swept up onto the hood of Henry's car, the chief said. As Henry allegedly drove away, a Mount Pleasant officer was hit by the driver's side mirror, Algano said

From the same article above

The mother was on CNN and explained that since the guys were parked in the fire lane, when the officer knocked on the window they thought that he just wanted them to move out of the fire lane. So he pulled away and an officer jumped in front of the vehicle. By the time the guy saw the officer he had already hit him, and then they shot and fired and killed the college driver.

I don't know the whole story, But what I do know is the driver was NOT drunk, or high on anything. And was a good kid! This is such a shame!

Was the mother there?:waitasec:

I think if a police officer knocks on your car window, I would think the appropriate thing would be to roll down the window and see what he/she wanted.

I highly doubt a police officer would "jump" infront of a moving car.

I'll give LE the benfit of the doubt...for now

I agree with the victims father in the article linked above - no officer was hit by a car.

Family Wants 2010 Death of DJ Henry at Hands of Police to Be Reinvestigated

Former police officer Aaron Hess was cleared by a New York grand jury after shooting and killing DJ Henry, a native of Easton, Massachusetts, in 2010.

A spokesperson for the Westchester County District Attorney's Office told NBC10 Boston there are currently no plans to reopen the case and it would only be reopened if new evidence is discovered.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...s-of-police-to-be-reinvestigated/2145584/?amp

Saturday marked the 10th anniversary of the day DJ Henry died — Oct. 17, 2010.

DJ Henry: 10 year anniversary after death at hands of police

The Henrys have accepted a $6 million settlement in their wrongful death lawsuit against Pleasantville and Hess. They also have settled their lawsuit against another police department involved in the shooting and received an undisclosed amount of money, a $250,000 donation to the DJ Henry Dream Fund and a public apology.

Several months after the Henrys attended President Barack Obama's 2015 State of the Union address as guests of U.S. Reps. Joe Kennedy and Stephen Lynch, the Department of Justice announced there would be no federal civil rights charges brought in the case.

Sokoloff has said the incident is a tragedy, but dismisses calls to reopen the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back