Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she is being hypnotized.....the info on the inside of the vehicle is detailed...to remember those things one has to be hypnotized...
I'd never thought of that, but it does seem the only way to recall the details considering how terrified she must have been when everything happened, and the pain she must have been in when he assaulted her.

I believe she is being hypnotized.....the info on the inside of the vehicle is detailed...to remember those things one has to be hypnotized...

You know, now that you mention it, it does sound the detail one would recall if hypnotized.

I wonder if LE would use hypnosis on the November victim too? Although she didn't see his vehicle - she was grabbed from behind and she kicked and screamed and he finally let her go and ran off. But, perhaps through hypnosis they could get a clearer description of the suspect.

I do believe hypnosis is helpful, but as I understand it's tough for LE. Any defense attorney will work hard to prevent a witness that has been hypnotized from testifying and look for little errors in the hypnosis process. The general idea as I understand it is to thoroughly debrief the witness and record the testimony BEFORE hypnosis, such that the pre-hypnosis testimony can be introduced.

Imagine the horror if one of the victims was hypnotized and, under hypnosis, recalled the name of the perp from a glance at an envelope on the floor of the truck. If a defense attorney was able to get the witness disqualified because of an error in the hypnosis, the conviction could be in jeopardy. Makes me sick, but that's the risk as I understand it.
That makes sense too, so what do you think caused the Dec. victim to recall as she has? I'm thinking of the changing descriptions of his physical appearance and the truck have taken, or was this misreporting by media?

Oh, I wouldn't doubt hypnosis. If I was LE and had a choice to make between finding the guy but knowing you might lose the chance to nail him and not finding the guy but preserving the ability to prosecute, I'd go for finding him. At least he'd get thrown in jail and have his DNA taken, and the world would know it was him even if a lawyer gets him off. It should keep him from doing it again. Although I look at OJ and his continued ability to abuse the women that throw themselves at him and I just wonder sometimes...
Thanks for the response. :) I can't imagine what else could cause her to recall such details after the horrific experience she must have gone through and the nightmares she must still be having.

I mentioned early on I wish they would use hynosis on the other victims. I see the legal ramifications, but the benefits of such would outweigh the negative legal hurdles. I think maybe the last description of the perp was the result of hypnosis and the initial description was from her natural response of mulling it over in her mind constantly drawing out details from such a horrific experience with the help of a therapist.

I am waiting here for more
I am waiting by your door
I am waiting on your back steps
I am waiting in my car
I am waiting at this bar
I am waiting for your essence

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/williams-lucinda/essence-2995.html

Chilling, isn't it? (Her lyrics are really disturbing when you read them, imo.) It reminded me of this refrain when you said you couldn't stand waiting...especially for another victim. Is that what he is thinking, too?

Wow, SS. I couldn't have said it better myself. Those lyrics are creepy - just like this guy.

Yes, he is a creep for certain! I think he is quite familiar with waiting on his victims...but they are random. He is just waiting for someone to fit the description of the woman he wants to attack. I don't mean to say he is stalking them, but that he is waiting for his opportunity each time. This is why he is near a campus. The numbers go up as far as finding his perfect target.

For those of us that followed the Laci Peterson case you'll recall that they had the neighbor under go hypnosis. They wanted more details from her about what she saw on the day Laci was supposed to have disappeared and there was a robbery right across the street.

I don't think LE's intention when using hypnosis is always meant to be given as testimony at a trial but more so used as a tool that leads to more info. It's the same thing with the use of dogs. It is an investigative tool that hopefully will give them a lead but not counted on to make it to court. That's not to say that it doesn't get used at trial but the prosecutor does have to fight for it as well as strict guidelines that have to be followed.

Yes, he is a creep for certain! I think he is quite familiar with waiting on his victims...but they are random. He is just waiting for someone to fit the description of the woman he wants to attack. I don't mean to say he is stalking them, but that he is waiting for his opportunity each time. This is why he is near a campus. The numbers go up as far as finding his perfect target.

Your name looks familiar. Hmmmmm....Seriously Searching. I remember someone with a name like that that used to chat here. hmmmmm:)

I bet the guy started out in different areas to release his tension, get his kicks, etc (*advertiser censored* or prostitutes) and then escalated to real women with his spree. I think he may be both repulsed and excited about killing Brianna. I don't think he went to that level and won't go back. He appears to be methodical, and believes he has great self-control or self-command, as evidenced by his grooming habits, IMO.

I think he has returned to whatever he did in the beginning, thinking he can master his impulse. I'm sure the guy is a bundle of nerves in real life, trying very hard to show self-control in his daily routine, but is having a very active fantasy life.
Envoy, what do you think about the idea that this perp hasn't committed actual sexual intercouse rape on any of the victims that we know of? He didn't do anything to the November vic, he made the December vic perform oral sex on him, and we don't know what he did to Bri, except that it was "sexually motivated," which to me doesn't necessarily mean she was actually raped. I keep feeling like this means that he's in a relationship and the rapes are in part a way for him to get certain sex acts (like oral sex) that he might not be getting from his SO. This falls in line with him starting with prostitutes as well--men sometimes seek them out for kinky things or things that they can't get at home. Curious on others' thoughts.

Envoy, what do you think about the idea that this perp hasn't committed actual sexual intercouse rape on any of the victims that we know of? He didn't do anything to the November vic, he made the December vic perform oral sex on him, and we don't know what he did to Bri, except that it was "sexually motivated," which to me doesn't necessarily mean she was actually raped. I keep feeling like this means that he's in a relationship and the rapes are in part a way for him to get certain sex acts (like oral sex) that he might not be getting from his SO. This falls in line with him starting with prostitutes as well--men sometimes seek them out for kinky things or things that they can't get at home. Curious on others' thoughts.

You know, the forced oral sex may be yet another form of humiliation and dominance. From a perp perspective, I think one act is "taking something" and the other is "forcing humiliation." In a closed car which was locked, I think I would be more scared to fight back as in he may be going to drive me a way to my death. In an open house with friends sleeping in other rooms, I would doubt that you could force that same act without noise or resistance from Bri. I think the sexual evidence in Bri's case is critical, if she was not raped but DNA from semen was found, this guy maybe cannot get an erection in the rape scenario- which could be key? Is there any possibility there could be another player here? Some sort of sick rapist tag team?
At any rate, for the 10th time, he really scares me.

Your name looks familiar. Hmmmmm....Seriously Searching. I remember someone with a name like that that used to chat here. hmmmmm:)
Yes, it will be few and far between. I read here, but don't care to post on this thread anymore. I simply had something to say. :)

You know, the forced oral sex may be yet another form of humiliation and dominance. From a perp perspective, I think one act is "taking something" and the other is "forcing humiliation." In a closed car which was locked, I think I would be more scared to fight back as in he may be going to drive me a way to my death. In an open house with friends sleeping in other rooms, I would doubt that you could force that same act without noise or resistance from Bri. I think the sexual evidence in Bri's case is critical, if she was not raped but DNA from semen was found, this guy maybe cannot get an erection in the rape scenario- which could be key? Is there any possibility there could be another player here? Some sort of sick rapist tag team?
At any rate, for the 10th time, he really scares me.
Valid point about the humiliation aspect. I think it's one perp. But yeah, this case is what brought me to this site for the first time, and I can't get it out of my head. I check for news on it before I even check my local paper and last night I was dreaming about it. I'm wondering how I'll feel when I travel to NV next week.

Yes, it will be few and far between. I read here, but don't care to post on this thread anymore. I simply had something to say. :)

I am always interested in anything you have to say as I think your insight important to any thread. :blowkiss:

I meant it, I used to think I was pretty smart till I joined here, talk about little fish big pond!

" Imagine the horror if one of the victims was hypnotized and, under hypnosis, recalled the name of the perp from a glance at an envelope on the floor of the truck. If a defense attorney was able to get the witness disqualified because of an error in the hypnosis, the conviction could be in jeopardy. Makes me sick, but that's the risk as I understand it. "

Could the conviction be in jeopardy in the scenario above even with a DNA
match?. Or is it that they wouldn't be able to use the testimony from that particular witness?

Valid point about the humiliation aspect. I think it's one perp. But yeah, this case is what brought me to this site for the first time, and I can't get it out of my head. I check for news on it before I even check my local paper and last night I was dreaming about it. I'm wondering how I'll feel when I travel to NV next week.
I can empathize with you. I've never even had the slightest interest in crime solving or even 'following" crimes but for some reason that I can't figure out,this one has got me. I actually work in the same part of town and in the middle of the night to early mornings. It's also not very easy to be a guy in this part of town because I almost feel guilty for being part of the male species.( if that makes any sense). Somebody dumped some articles of clothing or something by Hwy.395 today and the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw this stuff was "TEDDY BEAR". I wasn't even thinking about the case at the time. When they solve this case I'll probably be outta here, but this website has taught me alot about the different ways that people think. It seems to me that men and women come at it from very different angles sometimes. I think every detective agency should have at least one female detective on this kind of crime.

I meant it, I used to think I was pretty smart till I joined here, talk about little fish big pond!
I see most of your posts and I happen to know you are very intelligent. :) I think most of us at WS were in awe of posters here when we joined and felt much the same way. Once you have been around awhile, you will realize that so much more comes into play with these cases such as personal experience. Nothing is black and white (no matter how much people want to believe it is). Nothing is always cut and dried. And nothing, including Brianna's case, is unsolvable.

well said and thank you, I know this is very personal for me right now, but at the end of the day, I want it to make a difference for these people, not just feel good that I help figure something out. As Im sure is the case for all.:woohoo:
I have no idea why I chose that emoticon except that rolling around on my head right now sounds like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23