17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
New day new thread... :seeya:

I will be closing this one in a few..

Why are we making a leap that GZ didn't? His school suspensions have nothing to do with his suspicious behavior that night. GZ described exactly what he thought was suspicious (walking about, walking toward me, staring, etc.) He never once mentions casing houses or any type of behavior that would be associated with stealing or burglary.

If we use the school suspensions, then let's use GZ's run ins with LE and his domestic violence history to show that he was violent and had a knack for picking on people more vulnerable than himself.

:moo::twocents:

I'm behind this thread but I want to say that I don't believe Trayvon walked toward GZ's car. I picture that GZ was slowly following Trayvon in his vehicle. TM probably turned and maybe leaned toward it to get a look at who was following him, maybe to see if he knew that person. I think Trayvon told his female friend at some point in the conversation that the guy looked like he was going to do something to him. Trayvon sensed danger in the beginning I think. He must have conveyed this very well to her because she told him to RUN! Maybe when Trayvon looked at GZ, he saw an angry, murderous look on his face. I thought GZ's facial expression looked menacing when he was on the stand during some of the testimony, but that anger was probably more pronounced when Trayvon saw him. jmo

I talk to my 30 and 32 yo daughters daily. And usually my son...but I still think that most grown up, responsible adults would first call their SO and/or a lawyer. Sure they would talk to their parents about it, but after they had already started taking care of it themselves.

Well his father was a magistrate, perhaps he called him because he would be knowledgeable on how to handle the situation.

While I understand the concern about the father's influence calling him does not signify that GZ is overly dependent on his parents imo. He may be but I wouldn't take a phone call as evidence of that.

When they get in legal trouble, any reasonable adult could imo think, "who do I know who can advise me about the law and my rights in this mess", and if their relative is a legal professional it would be the obvious person to call imo.

I dunno, public opinion seems to lean that anyone who calls a lawyer right off the bat must be automatically guilty despite the fact everyone is entitled to representation.
:) I'd still call a lawyer...especially if I had just killed someone.

Big difference in calling your parents due to an arrest and to have your parent present during the interview or interrogation. I believe it's unheard of for an adult to have a parent present during a police interview or interrogation...

Don't understand the splitting of hairs and all that GZ does is fine by some..

I also don't understand being argumentative...all opinions are welcome and should be debated on an adult level, not a childs level...with all this back and forth I'm ready to give a playpen for you to all hangout in...:banghead:

BBM: While this is normally unusual it may not be that uncommon when you have a parent whose title included the word "judge". I think that would have been highly beneficial when you thought you were in trouble. jmo

:) I'd still call a lawyer...especially if I had just killed someone.

How would you get the phone number to a lawyer?

I don't know if I'd be wanting to sit there looking through the yellow pages if they even have those.

I'm behind this thread but I want to say that I don't believe Trayvon walked toward GZ's car. I picture that GZ was slowly following Trayvon in his vehicle. TM probably turned and maybe leaned toward it to get a look at who was following him, maybe to see if he knew that person. I think Trayvon told his female friend at some point in the conversation that the guy looked like he was going to do something to him. Trayvon sensed danger in the beginning I think. He must have conveyed this very well to her because she told him to RUN! Maybe when Trayvon looked at GZ, he saw an angry, murderous look on his face. I thought GZ's facial expression looked menacing when he was on the stand during some of the testimony, but that anger was probably more pronounced when Trayvon saw him. jmo

And with all the descriptions GZ gave to LE he had to have been staring at TM. I guess he did not think about that part. GZ is first at the clubhouse when he calls LE and then we find his car is parked by the cut through so he did follow TM in his car. jmo

I don't know of many people who have a lawyers phone number on their person.

I know I would call someone I was close to and ask them to call a lawyer.

I'm sure the authorities would be happy to provide a phone book, if not the number itself.

IMO

BBM: While this is normally unusual it may not be that uncommon when you have a parent whose title included the word "judge". I think that would have been highly beneficial when you thought you were in trouble. jmo

I can see calling for legal advice, but unless that relative is an actual lawyer, I would not have them present during an interrogation. The only time a parent needs to be present during an interrogation is for minors, not grown men. Shoot, I would even be embarrassed to have my own dad present if I were interrogated and he is a lawyer! I think GZ tends to go directly to dad when anything happens and dad takes care of it for him, usually. But GZ took a life this time. Dad can't clean this one up for him.

I don't know if I'd be wanting to sit there looking through the yellow pages if they even have those.

GZ probably had a lawyer for his other felony charges from 2005. A lot of people, at age 28, have had to hire a lawyer for one thing or another. And, I bet a lot of people have the lawyer's number in their phone. In today's environment, IMO, everyone should keep the name and number of a good lawyer in their cellphone.

Plus it was not an attorney that showed up with him the next day when GZ walked through the reenactment, it was his father. jmo

I can see calling for legal advice, but unless that relative is an actual lawyer, I would not have them present during an interrogation. The only time a parent needs to be present during an interrogation is for minors, not grown men. Shoot, I would even be embarrassed to have my own dad present if I were interrogated and he is a lawyer! I think GZ tends to go directly to dad when anything happens and dad takes care of it for him, usually. But GZ took a life this time. Dad can't clean this one up for him.

Kind of reflects on GZ's maturity level, wouldn't you think???

Kind of reflects on GZ's maturity level, wouldn't you think???

Yes. He and Casey Anthony have a lot in common including parents who cleaned up their messes their whole lives until they murdered someone. The lesson is here to let kids face consequences, not make them feel so special tha they can't do anything wrong and everyone else is at fault but them.

Plus it was not an attorney that showed up with him the next day when GZ walked through the reenactment, it was his father. jmo

I just find this method of thinking hilarious. I can only imagine how the conversation would be (on here and elsewhere) if he had talked to and hired a lawyer on day one, when he got arrested. The same people saying he should of got a lawyer that night would be criticizing that decision if it actually happened, saying it makes him look guilty, what does he need a lawyer for, etc, etc, etc.

New thread is now open, please move over. This one closing in 3, 2, 1...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170960"]Thread #36[/ame]

A lawyer would probably have advised him not to say anything and most likely would not have wanted GZ to do the re-enactment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling