TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Christian taking the stand to give his statement. Last trial he did not choose to testify IIRC due to concerns re whether he could do so w/out becoming emotional... can someone confirm?

:parrot:

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Judge previews stmts in bid to avoid any appellate errors. Courts pretty strict on scope of stmts

It would make more sense to me, and be easier on the families, if they could just submit the written statements to be read later. I see no need for them to physically have to read them during this rehearsal/approval.

Gary, checking his emotion, saying Channon loved her mother, including her in every major decision. They were best friends.

Channon loved and always there for her friends, Channon once stayed up holding her hand and talking thru entire night. Very caring.

Gary doing some much-deserved mean-mugging himself, looking directly at defense table, saying Channon was proud of her friends, family, university, faith in God... eyeing down the defendant...

Hopes Channon can forgive him and Deena for not being there to protect her. That is clearly what hurts this father the most. He "couldn't hear her cries just down the street" (while they searched). Trusting God and her grandparents to keep Channon safe until he can tell her again that he "loves her more."

Gary is heart breaking too. I miss my four grand children. I made a promise that I will keep, but even then the paint wont go away. Someday someway i hope she will forgive me.

We were looking for her. We just couldn't here her cries....just down the street..I trust now that her paw paw, grand daddy, and her God take care of her keep her safe. Until the day comes that I can tell her without a doubt I love her more.

Gary glares at GT as he walks back to his seat. Wow. The bailiff standing there in the aisle kept a close eye on him.

Here we go... defense analysing and critiquing the witness statements :rolleyes: Dillard wants the part removed from Hugh's statement about "Chris not being a saint" because no one has tried to smear the victims in this trial unlike LD's.

Jury has a question...

Jury ?

side bar to talk about it.

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Gary - Channon "always thankful for her knowledge of Christ"

Gary - hopes "someday, some way" Channon "will forgive me"

Jury has sent question, judge conferring w/ lawyers at bench

GT looks like he's a little worried. eyes closed with his fingers holding his nose between his eyes. Wonder what that jury? was????

Wow actually saw a second of some emotion (maybe?) out of GT? Anyone else catch that? He looked a little worried.

54zv61.jpg

GT looks like he's a little worried. eyes closed with his fingers holding his nose between his eyes. Wonder what that jury? was????

I noticed that too. Rubbing his head like he has a headache or something. Strain getting to him perhaps.

Muffet!!! Morning! I'm sooooo glad you caught that! Thank you!

Me too!!! I think he is worried with those jury?'s. I think it is sinking in that he may go down for murder!! Which he deserves!

Judge will permit victim impact statements as read--saying they're "not overly emotional," so yes, this must have been the reason Gary's was never read last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member