CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for correcting me. Like I said, I wasn't completely sure that's why I said "approx". Still $3,850 for being married to someone less than a month is alot of money! Maybe she wasn't awarded the house but she has lived there (rent free) for almost 3 years now.

rent free? This is the marital residence. Hands up if any of you married folk pay rent in this fashion.

Ridiculous concept and another example of frivilous filings on behalf of the co conservator. I am reaching the end of my patience with this need to hound Bob's long lost love/WIFE into the ground with this complete and utter nonsense.

You want to do some due diligence? Collect money due from family members who were into the trusts for tens of thousands of dollars. Per Paula's sworn testimony in the malicious lawsuit against BL. True loans complete with paperwork. According to her testimony.

Rubbish. The co conservators are making their motivation abundantly clear. I suspect it will be rough going for them once the national media spotlight shines brightly on Bob's case. Imagine all of those neighbors, aquaintances at your favorite eateries and hair salons, fellow church members talking about what you have and havent done to bring your father home. How you have vilified him and his wife. The moving target timeline, polygraphs, police interviews. Sheesh.

Rubbish. The co conservators are making their motivation abundantly clear. I suspect it will be rough going for them once the national media spotlight shines brightly on Bob's case. Imagine all of those neighbors, aquaintances at your favorite eateries and hair salons, fellow church members talking about what you have and havent done to bring your father home. How you have vilified him and his wife. The moving target timeline, polygraphs, police interviews. Sheesh.

<respectfully snipped>

Personally, I can't WAIT for that episode to air!

Oh good grief. I finally watched with sound. I wasn't expecting the high pitched valley girl voice. She's lying through her teeth, imo. Barf out, gag me with a spoon, gross. She sounds just like that movie.

Ask your husband what happened to your dad, if you haven't already. He holds the answers.

ETA: I didn't want to stay on the computer where I was at long. But yes, she's scared. She's scared because no one expected the housekeeper to show up and that threw a wrench in whatever was planned. She should be scared because at some point LE is going to solve this case and she isn't going to come out smelling like a rose. Nor will her husband or son.

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front

Yeah this video clinches it for me. You know what else? Look at how cute and happy Mr Harrod is in that clip. Whoever took his life took all that happiness, all that excitement about his future with his new wife, Fontelle. It just makes me sick. I will never comprehend it...never.

Wait a minute. Where did he get the keys to lock the house?

I can lock both my front and back doors without a key. I just push the button in the door knob, close the door and its locked.

Mel

I can lock both my front and back doors without a key. I just push the button in the door knob, close the door and its locked.

Mel

These are similiar to the type of door knob on Bob's front door. I do not believe this style door knob/handle can be locked from the inside, but can only be locked from the exterior with a key.

front-door-handle.jpg

http://topdesign72.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/front-door-handle.jpg

Like I said. I haven't had much time to look at this one and you guys are way ahead of me. but these are my initial impressions coming into this one.

I haven't read the whole thread either..just skimmed a some posts... but my
1st thought was to wonder if Bob accompanied JeM, when JeM went to run his errands, and thats when he disappeared. It could account for the descrepancy with the time (last seeing him between 12-1 when the receipt shows 3:04.)

Mel (must ponder some more)

Welcome to Mr. Harrod's thread, Mels3kidz. Thank you for your interest in this special man's case.

According to MSM the last time a non family member spoke to Mr. Harrod was about 10:00 am. If we are to take the time the housekeeper arrived at Mr Harrod's about noon (discovery id disappeared video since removed as it was added early in error, transcribed upthread somewhere) it appears the SIL found the housekeeper waiting at Mr. Harrod's home shortly after noon. Which means his time stamped receipt about 3pm was for something he left to purchase after the housekeepers arrival.

It is quite possible Bob was removed from the home between that last 10:00 am call and the time the housekeeper arrived at about noon. It will be interesting to see if the SIL can account for his time between 10 am and noon when Mr. Harrod's case airs this fall on Discovery ID's Disappeared.

hth and again, thank you for your interest in Mr. Harrod's case.

For those new or newer to Mr Harrod's case, here is a link with the transcription from the Disappeared video (since removed as it was added in error and will be added again sometime before the show airs this fall.)

Originally Posted by cloudajo
Looks like Bob's story will be on Disappeared (Season 5). A clip of the show is posted on their website (watch video at link below). Agnes the housekeeper is interviewed and appears in clip. I did my best to transcribe the clip below.

===

Disappeared Season 5 - Sign of Trouble (Bob Harrod)

Clip (3:23) &#8211; Posted 4/26/12

(transcribed below)

Narrator: But Jeff was not the only person at Bob&#8217;s house that day. Agnes, Bob&#8217;s housekeeper of more than 10 years, arrived around Noon. Normally, she cleans Bob&#8217;s house on Tuesday, but this week she&#8217;d arranged to come on Monday.

Agnes: And he said that will be fine, I will be here, and Jeff is coming and he&#8217;s gonna to take care of a couple of things in the house before Fontelle comes. So I went to the house, knocked on the door, nobody answered, I looked in the mailbox because that&#8217;s where he normally leaves me the key, the key wasn&#8217;t there, so I sat on the bench in front of the house.

Narrator: The situation made her very uneasy. Nothing like this had ever happened before.

Agnes: Bob always was home when I went over there, or if, him and Georgia, they would always always tell me if they would not be home, and they put a key in the mailbox. But it was a very rare occasion that they were not home.

Narrator: After about 15 minutes, Jeff drove up to the house.

Agnes: I told him right away that, you know, that where Bob is, because he&#8217;s not answering the door. And Jeff was just asking me, &#8220;Are you supposed to be here today?&#8221; I said, &#8220;Yeah, Bob knew that I&#8217;m coming today.&#8221;

Narrator: Agnes was surprised to hear that Bob didn&#8217;t tell Jeff that she would be coming that day. As Jeff let her in the house, she began to feel that something was very wrong.

Agnes: I was really concerned at that point, I was afraid to go upstairs, I didn&#8217;t want to find anything. So I asked Jeff if he would go upstairs and see if Bob was there.

Narrator: Agnes waited at the bottom of the stairs while Jeff went up to have a look around.

Agnes: I thought he&#8217;s just going to look into the room, it takes a minute to go up, look into the room, and just see if Bob was there or not. But he actually ended up spending a couple of minutes there, so I thought maybe, you know, he find something, he find him there or something. So I yelled up, I said, &#8220;Is he there, is he ok?&#8221; And he said, &#8216;No, he&#8217;s not here.&#8221; And then he came back.

Narrator: Uncertain about what to do next, Agnes began cleaning, while Jeff resumed his repairs. As she worked her way around the house, she noticed something disturbing.

Agnes: When I went upstairs, I saw that in his bedroom, the bed was unmade, and never in the 10 years I worked for them, that happened before. It was just so out of character for him to not to make the bed, I just thought it was very strange.

Narrator: Deeply troubled, Agnes finished up and left, shortly after Jeff, who had also completed his work.

Agnes: I was there all together about 3 hours. I can honestly tell you that during the whole time I was there, I was very concerned. I kept thinking, where is he at?

Video Clip: http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-sign-of-trouble.html

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

Agnes: I told him right away that, you know, that where Bob is, because he’s not answering the door. And Jeff was just asking me, “Are you supposed to be here today?” I said, “Yeah, Bob knew that I’m coming today.”

Narrator: Agnes was surprised to hear that Bob didn’t tell Jeff that she would be coming that day. As Jeff let her in the house, she began to feel that something was very wrong.

Agnes: I was really concerned at that point, I was afraid to go upstairs, I didn’t want to find anything. So I asked Jeff if he would go upstairs and see if Bob was there.

Narrator: Agnes waited at the bottom of the stairs while Jeff went up to have a look around.

Agnes: I thought he’s just going to look into the room, it takes a minute to go up, look into the room, and just see if Bob was there or not. But he actually ended up spending a couple of minutes there, so I thought maybe, you know, he find something, he find him there or something. So I yelled up, I said, “Is he there, is he ok?” And he said, ‘No, he’s not here.” And then he came back.

Narrator: Uncertain about what to do next, Agnes began cleaning, while Jeff resumed his repairs. As she worked her way around the house, she noticed something disturbing.

Agnes: When I went upstairs, I saw that in his bedroom, the bed was unmade, and never in the 10 years I worked for them, that happened before. It was just so out of character for him to not to make the bed, I just thought it was very strange.

Narrator: Deeply troubled, Agnes finished up and left, shortly after Jeff, who had also completed his work.

Agnes: I was there all together about 3 hours. I can honestly tell you that during the whole time I was there, I was very concerned. I kept thinking, where is he at?

Video Clip: http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/disappeared-sign-of-trouble.html[/I]

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

Snipped a little for space. The line I bolded bothers me. I'm sure Bob's family all knew what day the housekeeper normally came and SiL sure wasn't expecting her there, was he? The housekeepers feeling that something was wrong is very telling. VERY. She knew Bob for many years.
Just some thoughts I had. Thanks for posting this, Cubby.

These are similiar to the type of door knob on Bob's front door. I do not believe this style door knob/handle can be locked from the inside, but can only be locked from the exterior with a key.

Pix respectfully snipped to save space.

We have a front door lock which looks similar to those pictured. We can lock ourselves out easily by forgetting to press a certain button on the lock set's edge (on the part of the door where the throw extends from). I don't know locksmith's lingo at ALL, obviously, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

OK, I just checked...it's a mortise lock. I do not know if that is what is on the Harrod home's front door or not.

fwiw ;-)

In all fairness, there are plenty of ROTW posters who like to engage in the foolishness over there.

Maybe it's the altitude.

~jmo~

Oh good grief. I finally watched with sound. I wasn't expecting the high pitched valley girl voice. She's lying through her teeth, imo. Barf out, gag me with a spoon, gross. She sounds just like that movie.

Ask your husband what happened to your dad, if you haven't already. He holds the answers.

ETA: I didn't want to stay on the computer where I was at long. But yes, she's scared. She's scared because no one expected the housekeeper to show up and that threw a wrench in whatever was planned. She should be scared because at some point LE is going to solve this case and she isn't going to come out smelling like a rose. Nor will her husband or son.

OH, so now someone is guilty because of the sound of their voice? As believe09 so eloquently put it..Sheesh!!

Dolly. Take a second look, no where did I use the word "guilty" in the post you quoted.

I'd appreciate if you did not put words in my posts which I did not use.

Pix respectfully snipped to save space.

We have a front door lock which looks similar to those pictured. We can lock ourselves out easily by forgetting to press a certain button on the lock set's edge (on the part of the door where the throw extends from). I don't know locksmith's lingo at ALL, obviously, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

OK, I just checked...it's a mortise lock. I do not know if that is what is on the Harrod home's front door or not.

fwiw ;-)

I've only seen photo's of the front door in various MSM articles previously linked. I have no idea what is on the inside of Mr Harrod's door...

When I had my RE license, the majority of the door knob/handles similiar to the one on Mr. Harrod's front door were dead bolt type locks requiring a key to lock from the outside.

It was only on older style properties, I recall the mortise lock you mentioned. Properties that were considered vintage or much older than what Mr. Harrod's home appears to be.

Snipped a little for space. The line I bolded bothers me. I'm sure Bob's family all knew what day the housekeeper normally came and SiL sure wasn't expecting her there, was he? The housekeepers feeling that something was wrong is very telling. VERY. She knew Bob for many years.
Just some thoughts I had. Thanks for posting this, Cubby.

BBM. I'm sure they were well aware of Mr. Harrod's established routine's from when his first wife was alive. As well of being aware until a week earlier, his good friend PE kept an eye out on Mr. Harrod. I find it interesting these secret handy man jobs were delayed until immediately following the heated family meeting about money, as well as postponed until after the friend who kept an eye on Mr. Harrod moved out of the area.

Additionally, it is possible Bob's grandson who lived around the corner kept tabs on when PE was moving and notified his parents when the guy who helped keep an eye on grandpa had moved.

My understanding is the 10:00 am phone call is confirmation of the last time Mr. Harrod spoke to a non-family member.

Phone records may indicate calls connected after 10:00 am, but that can not confirm it was Mr. Harrod who actually took the call.

Maybe the bed was not made as Bob was receiving too many calls that morning? Arguments with family members over the telephone? Nothing he wanted to talk about with non-family members?

I feel it was very possible that Mr. Harrod was lured away from his home under false pretenses. Perhaps a relative called and said, "So and so is on his way to get you, there's been an accident..." (or some such excuse as that). This would cause Mr. Harrod to rise, dress quickly, take his keys and wallet....no time for making the bed. This would also keep the home clean of any physical evidence or forensics related to Mr. Harrod's imminent demise.

So and so picks up Mr. Harrod and takes him to a secluded location and harms him.

This was a scenerio that made alot of sense to me as well. That is why I have been so interested in the phone call logs.

Has Fontelle done ONE thing to bring her husband home? NO!

Unless one of Bob's children is holding him hostage after having kidnapped him and only plan to release him after Mrs. Harrod leaves -which I think is a long shot, I think she has done the best she can with as much media attention as she has brought to his case.

She is an elderly woman who is legally blind and unable to drive. Media attention is pretty much what she is limited to, while Mr. Harrod's able bodied children, sil and grandson have very limited or no media participation whatsoever to bring attention to Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Thanks, Cubby, for more info on your experience with mortise locks. I believe they are still selected by some newer homeowners. Again, I have no idea what the lock is on the Harrod home front door.

Does anyone know when the housekeeper would 'typically' arrive before that fateful day? IOW, did she come at 10 am or noon or ??? on her regularly scheduled days for years?

Is it possible that ID removed the airing of the Disappeared episode on-case anytime soon because LE asked it to do so? Did someone else ask or bar it, and if so,what clout would such a person have? What other reasons might apply?

tia

~jmo~

I'm not an expert, Shana. In the Chicagoland area, I only recall them on much older homes. They might be in newer custom built homes, but a street view of Mr. Harrod's home shows several other identical models making it appear his home was not custom built, but rather one of many the developer built. And of course my RE experience is limited to the Chi town area. What is common for builders in one area may not be common for builders in another area.

I don't think anyone asked for the Disappeared show airing to be changed in any way. My guess is the video for Mr. Harrod's case was simply an error, because another disappeared millionaire from California's case was added around the time Mr. Harrod's was. My guess is the similiarity in the title of the two cases was the reason for the error.

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe her regularly scheduled day of Tuesday had been set up many years earlier. Possibly going back to the time his daughter JuM and her husband resided right next door to Bob and Georgia. Which could explain how they knew she always came on Tuesday.

I think when people are Mr Harrod's age their routines become fairly regular for not just years, but decades, without much change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member