AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
the stolen card was from Credit Union 1

Wait a sec, what did I read about Denali? Omgosh I have to be mixed up. I read something about the debit card & Denali. Idk what I'm thinking, have to be misremembering. I'm gonna drive myself bonkers looking for it now!

Wait a sec, what did I read about Denali? Omgosh I have to be mixed up. I read something about the debit card & Denali. Idk what I'm thinking, have to be misremembering. I'm gonna drive myself bonkers looking for it now!

The reward fund was Denali. It was also the first place Keyes was able to withdraw money. I thought that was coinkidinky.

I think any... But I tried adult friend finder (added spaces so it wouldn't link), friendster, match, and the like but didn't see him. I didn't try wayback bc I usually do good with cache & didn't see many crumbs. You're right, def coulda traded labor.

Good job Jersey*Girl! I'll have to peruse the first threads to see if anyone searched Craigslist. IIRC no one thought of it at the time.

We need to make a list of things to search the first day a person goes missing. I bet it's here somewhere.

has anyone checked angies list? I was going to but you have to pay to be a member, and well, I am not that eager to find out :)

the stolen CC was CU1. (best one around IMO) anyways, the bank that has the reward fund was just one of the places he withdrew money.

The reward fund was Denali. It was also the first place Keyes was able to withdraw money. I thought that was coinkidinky.

That's gotta be it. THANK YOU sooo much! I would have searched for hours!

He did try to take money out twice before Denali though, right? Or at least twice that we've been made aware of (before the first successful debit).

has anyone checked angies list? I was going to but you have to pay to be a member, and well, I am not that eager to find out :)

the stolen CC was CU1. (best one around IMO) anyways, the bank that has the reward fund was just one of the places he withdrew money.

Omg I never even thought of angieslist, ever! Great suggestion! Anyone a member?

That's gotta be it. THANK YOU sooo much! I would have searched for hours!

He did try to take money out twice before Denali though, right? Or at least twice that we've been made aware of (before the first successful debit).

In an original news article they referenced a use the day after SK disappeared, IIRC. I can find no LE statement as such, and it isn't in the affadavit. I think this was a media error, and the truth is the card was stolen the day after SK disappeared.

My thoughts and opinions.

Omg I never even thought of angieslist, ever! Great suggestion! Anyone a member?

I have an account, and I came up with no matches for Keyes. I actually had home remodeling done in November and December of last year and his company never came up in any of my research, and he would have been able to handle what I needed done easily.

The fact that he is a general contractor and not listed on Angies list tells me that he probably isn't too computer savvy; it is a pretty big tool.

ETA - MOO

Ok...I don't know if this has been discussed before. Just some thoughts and they aren't related...Just random thoughts... :)

Any chance Sam went into a witness protection program? Not sure how that would work. How do people go into those? Don't they just disappear?

Any chance the delay from person A reporting the card was due to the fact his vehicle was not robbed, but because he maybe was robbed by someone from an adult ad on craigslist or something that was not above board? I am not trying to say Sam placed ads, but, if she was the one who took this card after "visiting" and IK ends up with it, then maybe that is a link.

Or, any chance perhaps Sam got pregnant, wanted to hide it and went to have an abortion or take the abortive pill and she did not survive it?

Abortion is safe and legal. I do know that sometimes there can be complications, especially with the RU486 aka the abortion pill. It is good that is legal, because it prevents people from going underground/back alley. But, with any procedure or medication, there is a risk. It was just a thought, how something could spiral out of control. Sorry to offend any one...Not my intent.

Oh no no no, I wasn't offended at all by what you said, so I apologize if that's how it sounded. I guess I am going to sound naive now, because I actually didn't think seriously about the possibility. You're completely right in what you said about risks. I shouldn't have done it, but I jumped to the conclusion that you meant something had happened to her as a result of such a procedure, and that it had been knowingly covered up. Like giving said, no harm no foul.

Does anyone have a link showing the information about the banks (where the reward and stolen card were from?

I am confused now. Denali or credit 1?

Does anyone have a link showing the information about the banks (where the reward and stolen card were from?

I am confused now. Denali or credit 1?

The solen debit card from
Person A was drawn on an account at Credit Union 1.

The reward fund is drawn on an account at Denali.

I think I got that right... :) I was confused and I'm sorry for confusing you in my confusion... Hahaha!

The solen debit card from
Person A was drawn on an account at Credit Union 1.

The reward fund is drawn on an account at Denali.

I think I got that right... :)

But wait, what about your post above? That Denali was the 1st place he was able to withdraw?

Just a thought that has been rambling through my mind today and it may have been discussed already.

Since IK was in construction and did various handyman jobs, could he have possibly known or done work for "Person A" recently? When my ex husband was a contractor, we had our own account at the building supply, but some people would pay in advance for materials it just depended on how big the job was going to be.

Could "Person A" have had some work done by IK and given him his debit card and PIN to pick up supplies? Or gone with IK to get supplies for a job and IK saw him put in the PIN and knew he kept the card in his car or in the glove box?

But wait, what about your post above? That Denali was the 1st place he was able to withdraw?

It was. It's Credit Union 1 VISA debit card used at the Denali Credit Union ATM (where the reward fund just happened to be). It's all so confusing. And I just now noticed it's a debit card. Any banky posters know how this might be different than a credit card in terms of being stolen?

Oh my.

In an original news article they referenced a use the day after SK disappeared, IIRC. I can find no LE statement as such, and it isn't in the affadavit. I think this was a media error, and the truth is the card was stolen the day after SK disappeared.

My thoughts and opinions.

Actually, it is in the affidavit. He tried to withdraw $600 from an ATM at AUSAFCU at 10:13pm 2/28/2012 but it was over the allowable limit so he was denied. Then about an hour later he went to Denali & took out $500.

I thought he tried twice unsuccessfully but that must have been misreported.

Then again, investigators have alot more info than what's been released. Maybe he tried several other times unsuccessfully. I think you can only try 3 or 4 times per day unsuccessfully before the machine eats your card as a security measure.

It was. It's Credit Union 1 VISA debit card used at the Denali Credit Union ATM (where the reward fund just happened to be). It's all so confusing. And I just now noticed it's a debit card. Any banky posters know how this might be different than a credit card in terms of being stolen?

Oh my.

Yes, I know a little. I know that most credit unions insure accounts up to $200,000-$250,000.

If it were a regular banking institution, it would be FDIC insured anywhere from $100,000-$150,000...maybe more depending on the banks assets & fiduciary standing.

This is in regards to a Visa or MasterCard Debit Card issued by said banking institution.

Yes, I know a little. I know that most credit unions insure accounts up to $200,000-$250,000.

If it were a regular banking institution, it would be FDIC insured anywhere from $100,000-$150,000...maybe more depending on the banks assets & fiduciary standing.

This is in regards to a Visa or MasterCard Debit Card issued by said banking institution.

All along I thought it was a credit card with a $5000 limit. Now I realize it's a debit card, so is it attached to a checking account? Or can you have a debit card attached to a savings account? My credit union doesn't.

Maybe I'm frugal, but I think having $5000 in a checking account is a lot. Better to keep it in a savings/money market account.

At the beginning of this case a cab driver came forward to tell investigators that he had previously dropped Sam off at The Common Grounds & she expressed distaste over a guy that "gave her the creeps"...like as if he maybe hung around the coffee hut sometimes. Anyway, it is my honest belief that this cabbie gave a description of the guy and his vehicle to investigators. I'm thinking investigators rolled with that & asked questions to neighboring businesses, possibly home improvement stores, gave them the description to maybe come up lucky. I think they did get lucky by a good investigation & traced him to Texas. I think they knew he was in TX shortly after he arrived there. Paired with the video tape surveillance from the coffee hut and the theft of Person A's debit card - the description fit so they got him on theft, which is enough to hold & charge him while they build a case against him for Sam's disappearance.

All along I thought it was a credit card with a $5000 limit. Now I realize it's a debit card, so is it attached to a checking account? Or can you have a debit card attached to a savings account? My credit union doesn't.

Maybe I'm frugal, but I think having $5000 in a checking account is a lot. Better to keep it in a savings/money market account.

Wait a minute, let's prove this. You thought cc but I though dc. it's been reported both ways in the media. Let's investigate so we know which is correct. It could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23