17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be it. I just can't imagine Trayvon saying "Okay, you got it." What the heck does that mean? It doesn't sound like something any teenager would say, or something that anyone would say right after they were shot. He is not making any sense to me. I think GZ is not as good of a liar as he thinks he is. He needs to go to the Casey Anthony School of Liars and get better trained. Sheesh.

I'm with you in that it makes no sense. I just don't think that means he's lying. IMO, it is more likely that GZ misheard TM's last words.

Looks like Francis fits right in with the shuck and jive being laid out in this deal. When Anderson Cooper asked him, on 3/21, about GZ and his gun, Francis said he was SHOCKED!:

But on 4/9, when telling about GZ and the 2/2 incident at his house, Francis sang a different tune to JVM:

Why does this not surprise me?

Are you saying that FT is lying about first learning that GZ was carrying after the shooting?

I wouldn't be shocked but I don't think you can establish that based on your quotes because you're taking it out of context.
In the April quote FT is not describing a conversation they had on February 2, he's describing a phone call he'd had the same day he was on the show, in April.

FRANK TAAFFE, FRIEND OF GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: Thank you for having me on again, Jane. I miss you. I`m glad to be back.

First of all, I spoke with George at 1:06 today for about a half hour. He -- his tone seemed very subdued. It was monotone. He expressed sympathy for the loss of my son again.

And he went to share with me the fact that he started this Web site, ********************************. And he wanted everybody in the media to know about that. Also he wanted to corroborate my story that on February 2, one of the 911 calls of the 46 that he made regarded my home which was a burglary in progress.

He went on to really elaborate what had happened that night on February 2. And I wrote down some notes as, you know, I was speaking to him, because I, like most 55-year-old men, have a tendency to forget some things. So if you`ll allow me.

He went on to share that on the night of February 2, as he was walking through the neighborhood, ensuring the safety of all the residents at Twin Lakes, that he observed a young black male looking in the front of my house. He called -- he told me that he was walking his 100-pound Rottweiler. And that he was carrying a 9 millimeter with him at that time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/09/ijvm.01.html

BBM the whole thing seems to be a description of this phone call on April 12 and what GZ wanted to share then.

So he could have been shocked shortly after Trayvon's shooting and matter of fact in April. Time to process and all that.

:fence:

Because Trayvon was perceived as a low life, probably a drug user and burglar even if no record, because he was one of those *advertiser censored** holes that always got away. And GZ was an upstanding citizen that volunteered for neighborhood watch. The past performance of this LE unit kind of points in that direction.
They were not gonna waste any monies on a low life for a trial when it could be conveniently closed as a SYG incident. Just economics, my friend.

Is there anything in the police report that describes TM as a low life, drug user, or burglar?

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's some kind of full court press been run at us for the last 3 days before his bond hearing tomorrow morning?

Day before yesterday "neighbors", whose names don't show up on the appraiser's site, were coming forward for the first time after 2 months talking about seeing bandages and swelling the next day.

Yesterday, Francisxxxx er a "friend" told us about self made pictures of the grievous injuries that GZ had that's gonna set him free soon as a judge sees em, and shame every journalist in the western hemisphere.

Today, "remorseful" George wants to meet with the parents of the 17 year old boy that he killed, presumably to express his sincere regrets about their loss and, of course, his own captivity.

Wonder what's next?

Is there anything in the police report that describes TM as a low life, drug user, or burglar?

Well, GZ implied these things in his call to LE? It's right there in his own voice/words?

Have we seen the final police report yet? Have we seen a full police report yet? Look, we know from the recorded call that Zimmerman proclaimed Trayvon was one of "those" kids. You know, the a$$hole ones that always get away. He made sure that he stated near the beginning of his call that they have had numerous burglaries in the neighborhood and this kid looked like he was on drugs, looked suspicious and was coming "to check me out". So why in the world is it a big leap to think that SPD believed Zimmerman about Trayvon being one of "those" kids. I imagine that we will hear alot of crap coming from some of the SPD during the trial that will amount to a whole lot of CYA.

MOO

BBM

Case closed, why would GZ's father lie for his son? Why would GZ's father say things that paint his son in a better light, even if GZ himself never told him this?

Because many a parent would when their child is in a pickle. Called unconditional love.

Well, GZ implied these things in his call to LE? It's right there in his own voice/words?

If the dispatcher (and turn the officers who showed up) took what GZ 'implied' from the 911 call about TM and dismissed it based off that alone, the whole department should be shut down IMO.

So just how does a gun get exposed when the guy is sitting on you and you have a zipped up coat that goes down to your hips? Makes no sense.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...ill-zimmerman-zimmermans-father-says-03282012

"It's my understanding at that point Trayvon Martin walked up to him, asked him, 'do you have a f---in problem?' George said 'no, I don't have a problem,' and started to reach for his cell phone. At that point, he was punched in the nose, his nose was broken, and he was knocked to the concrete," Robert Zimmerman said.

"Travyon Martin got on top of him and started beating him, in his face, nose, hitting his head on the concrete," he continued

Zimmerman said during the scuffle, Martin threatened George Zimmerman's life.

"After nearly a minute of being beaten, George was trying to get his head off the concrete, trying to move with Trayvon on him, into the grass. In doing so, his firearm was shown. Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of 'you're going to die now,' or 'you're going to die tonight.' Or something to that effect. He continued to beat George and at some point George pulled his pistol and did what he did," Robert Zimmerman said.

But it's not in the police report. Correct? IMO, people are making very large leaps about what LE, not GZ, thought about TM.

That could be it. I just can't imagine Trayvon saying "Okay, you got it." What the heck does that mean? It doesn't sound like something any teenager would say, or something that anyone would say right after they were shot. He is not making any sense to me. I think GZ is not as good of a liar as he thinks he is. He needs to go to the Casey Anthony School of Liars and get better trained. Sheesh.

I have been wondering what the "it" was. May be it was the gun?

So just how does a gun get exposed when the guy is sitting on you and you have a zipped up coat that goes down to your hips? Makes no sense.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...ill-zimmerman-zimmermans-father-says-03282012

"It's my understanding at that point Trayvon Martin walked up to him, asked him, 'do you have a f---in problem?' George said 'no, I don't have a problem,' and started to reach for his cell phone. At that point, he was punched in the nose, his nose was broken, and he was knocked to the concrete," Robert Zimmerman said.

"Travyon Martin got on top of him and started beating him, in his face, nose, hitting his head on the concrete," he continued

Zimmerman said during the scuffle, Martin threatened George Zimmerman's life.

"After nearly a minute of being beaten, George was trying to get his head off the concrete, trying to move with Trayvon on him, into the grass. In doing so, his firearm was shown. Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of 'you're going to die now,' or 'you're going to die tonight.' Or something to that effect. He continued to beat George and at some point George pulled his pistol and did what he did," Robert Zimmerman said.

TM saw that GZ had a gun but he just mindlessly continued hitting him and never mind trying to sit on the holster or throw the gun away or grab it or otherwise prevent GZ getting hold of it?

No, but their actions point to that direction. And they just piggybacked on GZ previous phone call with his unsubstantiated accusations :moo::moo:

MOO, I don't think GZ's relatives would necessarily have to lie for him. They weren't there and only know what they've been told and it's imo possible that they were never told the truth about what happened.

Have we seen the final police report yet? Have we seen a full police report yet? Look, we know from the recorded call that Zimmerman proclaimed Trayvon was one of "those" kids. You know, the a$$hole ones that always get away. He made sure that he stated near the beginning of his call that they have had numerous burglaries in the neighborhood and this kid looked like he was on drugs, looked suspicious and was coming "to check me out". So why in the world is it a big leap to think that SPD believed Zimmerman about Trayvon being one of "those" kids. I imagine that we will hear alot of crap coming from some of the SPD during the trial that will amount to a whole lot of CYA.

MOO

No. That's why I keep asking if LE actually described TM as a low life, drug user, or burglar. I would think they'd be waiting for forensics on the the drug user part, and to the best of my knowledge they didn't find any burglary tools or stolen items on TM. So that just leaves "low life" and I'm not really sure what evidence would prove that. IMO, there is no way to know what the responding officers thought about TM, other than he was the victim of a fatal gunshot.

And, seriously, what difference does it make if he was a drug user or burglar. Are these folks fair game to be shot on sight? It's like that recent case where the teenager was shot in the head by someone firing a "warning shot" during a burglary. Is it okay because she was, apparently, with the robbers? IMO, no.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I'm with you in that it makes no sense. I just don't think that means he's lying. IMO, it is more likely that GZ misheard TM's last words.

I think he may have misheard too. Someone posted that the "You got me" we first saw reported may have been more like "you shot me"

"okay you got it" could also be...

"okay, you shot it"

All just my opinion, until we see the actual report signed by GZ. :)

I, for one, believe he was standing.

Me too. I think he probably took a few steps before he fell which is how his body ended up on the hill.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Are you saying that FT is lying about first learning that GZ was carrying after the shooting?

I wouldn't be shocked but I don't think you can establish that based on your quotes because you're taking it out of context.
In the April quote FT is not describing a conversation they had on February 2, he's describing a phone call he'd had the same day he was on the show, in April.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/09/ijvm.01.html

BBM the whole thing seems to be a description of this phone call on April 12 and what GZ wanted to share then.

So he could have been shocked shortly after Trayvon's shooting and matter of fact in April. Time to process and all that.

No, look at it again, I don't think I took it out of context, Donjeta. I'll go back and find the link if necessary, but last February when the burglary attempt allegedly went down, Frank has already talked about GZ calling him at work, I believe, to tell him what was happening at his house.

IMO, clearly what I have placed in red, as you say, is FT's version of what GZ told him the day of the show. Why would he begin a sentence with "He went on to share that on the night of February 2......", then start the very next sentence with "He called...." if it was a phone call earlier the same day?

He went on to share that on the night of February 2, as he was walking through the neighborhood, ensuring the safety of all the residents at Twin Lakes, that he observed a young black male looking in the front of my house. He called -- he told me that he was walking his 100-pound Rottweiler. And that he was carrying a 9 millimeter with him at that time.

That's the way I read it anyway.

I do not believe it happened this way, but, could Zimmerman have pulled the gun on Trayvon and told him to stop where he was and wait until police arrived which in turn had Trayvon tell Zimmerman "ok, you got it"?

Now one of the problems I see with this is Zimmerman had no right or reason to detain Trayvon so that could blow his self-defense claim out the water. So it makes it "sound better" and helps Zimmerman's self-defense claim if he changes that a little bit. Can't let on that Zimmerman did anything illegal that night, after all if that comes out then Zimmerman will have the honor of spending if not the rest of his life in prison then at least a good chunk of it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member