Phillip Garrido- prior offenses and background information

I didn't know that PG had two prior parole violations. He was on federal parole so that agency was responsible at the time for searching his house and knowing his friends. It seems like since he was a violator they would have checked his residence for drugs, etc.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66366

"SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Federal authorities say Phillip Garrido violated parole twice and was briefly jailed in 1993 while he allegedly was holding Jaycee Dugard captive.

Cranston Mitchell, vice chairman of the U.S. Parole Commission, declined to discuss details, citing confidentiality issues, but characterized the violations as minor offenses.

He said Garrido was briefly jailed until it was decided he could return home on parole. According to the Bureau of Prisons, Garrido was in federal custody from April 4, 1993 until May 10, 1993.

Garrido was then confined to his home until Aug. 31, 1993."

I didn't know that PG had two prior parole violations. He was on federal parole so that agency was responsible at the time for searching his house and knowing his friends. It seems like since he was a violator they would have checked his residence for drugs, etc.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66366

"SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Federal authorities say Phillip Garrido violated parole twice and was briefly jailed in 1993 while he allegedly was holding Jaycee Dugard captive.

Cranston Mitchell, vice chairman of the U.S. Parole Commission, declined to discuss details, citing confidentiality issues, but characterized the violations as minor offenses.

He said Garrido was briefly jailed until it was decided he could return home on parole. According to the Bureau of Prisons, Garrido was in federal custody from April 4, 1993 until May 10, 1993.

Garrido was then confined to his home until Aug. 31, 1993."

there should be no veil of secrecy surrounding why he was violated. nor why his property wasnt searched when he was violated. nor why he served barely 5 weeks

Oh dear!!! What kind of orchards?

Actually there were a lot of cherry orchards also. We used to go from P.H. to Brentwood to pick cherries.

I can't believe how quickly things change, with newspaper articles, leading to other offenses, lack of investigations and errors on the LE front, that enabled pg to keep his secret for 18 years.

I think LE forgot the protect and serve slogan when it came to pg. All the way from a parole board that let a man with a 100 year sentence for kidnapping out in 11 years, to a PO that told pg to "report to the Concord office", after finding out he was accompanied by minors in Berkley.

Actually there were a lot of cherry orchards also. We used to go from P.H. to Brentwood to pick cherries.

I can't believe how quickly things change, with newspaper articles, leading to other offenses, lack of investigations and errors on the LE front, that enabled pg to keep his secret for 18 years.

I think LE forgot the protect and serve slogan when it came to pg. All the way from a parole board that let a man with a 100 year sentence for kidnapping out in 11 years, to a PO that told pg to "report to the Concord office", after finding out he was accompanied by minors in Berkley.

that fact they would even have one vote of 5 on the parole board after garrido testified at his trial that he liked to stalk little girls at elementary schools, is totaly inconcievable to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back