Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they can pull Dna from a 7000 year old caveman they should be able to get something here.

I was waiting for you to pop in here and tell me that...:giggle:
Thank you!

Was Shawn involved or just Billie?

The thing that does not make sense to me, if they were both involved ...

Why would she openly accuse him in the media now? Wouldn't she be afraid to pizz him off, not wanting him to flip and be the first to cut a deal with LE?

I'd be guessing to say that if BD tried to cut a deal now, she would be charged with something. This way she can deny anything SA says. Unless he has proof she was involved, or LE has proof, it's all hearsay on SA's part. Just the fact that neither one has been arrested after this long, tells me LE doesn't have enough evidence to arrest either one. And to know SA is a prime suspect, that bothers me he is still free if they do have evidence on him. LE doesn't need a body to arrest anyone as long as they have sufficient evidence to show someone's involvement. If SA and BD are the only two involved, no witnesses, no hard evidence, it would be pretty easy for BD to convince LE she wasn't involved and she didn't know SA did anything to Hailey. It's been over two years now and I imagine BD has worked out a scenario to distance herself from any involvement. I believe now she is saying it's possibly SA could have done something to Hailey, this is her way of admitting she knows but doesn't want to confess as she knows she will also be held accountable for withholding evidence. She's dumb but smart enough to figure this much out kwim. I'll remain hopeful the truth will catch up with them.

Well if they can pull Dna from a 7000 year old caveman they should be able to get something here.
Thanks for that post,there just has to be one last base hit to score and possibly win the game.

Just to refresh my memories. I want to wipe that smirk off his ugly puss.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgd0gEfecZw"]02/07/2011 - Shawn Adkins - RAW Interview - Hailey Dunn Case - YouTube[/ame]

Talking DNA, would a sample of DNA been taken from either BD or SA, say for later use? Or would that be against protocol .

Billie interview four weeks after HD went missing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_clm7Uek4"]01/27/2011 - Hailey Dunn Case - Interview - Hailey Dunn's mother Billie Dunn - YouTube[/ame]

I haven't been following this case closely - or commenting much, but...I just read the NewsWest9 article that was posted. I've always been on the fence whether or not I thought Billie Dunn had anything to do with the murder, but I've always believe she knew how and why Hailey disappeared and was covering up for her boyfriend. Now after reading that article I am 100% convinced. She claims she is just now starting to reflect back on the week Hailey went missing and how Shawn acted and that his actions and lies didn't add up? She's just now coming to that realization? Bull. She's known all along, but only now since they are broken up she is willing to admit this. She is totally in CYA mode.

Poor Hailey. I don't know how I feel about those remains. In my heart I know Hailey is in Heaven, but still...it still doesn't seem right to say that I hope that the remains are hers so the mystery is solved and the wheels of justice can begin. What I really hope is that Hailey is still alive, but I just know the odds are slim after all this time.

Talking DNA, would a sample of DNA been taken from either BD or SA, say for later use? Or would that be against protocol .

Frankly I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there aren't several DNA samples on hand, just to be safe

I haven't been following this case closely - or commenting much, but...I just read the NewsWest9 article that was posted. I've always been on the fence whether or not I thought Billie Dunn had anything to do with the murder, but I've always believe she knew how and why Hailey disappeared and was covering up for her boyfriend. Now after reading that article I am 100% convinced. She claims she is just now starting to reflect back on the week Hailey went missing and how Shawn acted and that his actions and lies didn't add up? She's just now coming to that realization? Bull. She's known all along, but only now since they are broken up she is willing to admit this. She is totally in CYA mode.

Poor Hailey. I don't know how I feel about those remains. In my heart I know Hailey is in Heaven, but still...it still doesn't seem right to say that I hope that the remains are hers so the mystery is solved and the wheels of justice can begin. What I really hope is that Hailey is still alive, but I just know the odds are slim after all this time.
How could she be in shock and upset." Just now" ?

I am guessing once again but I assume LE wouldn't ask for DNA from either parent until something like this happened; finding of these remains. It is as simple as taking a inside cheek swab from Hailey bio parents and it could be just one parent. I know in the Victoria Stafford case, once remains were found, they asked the mom for anything which might have had Victoria's DNA on it such as her shoes, a hairbrush, a tooth. Her mom gave them one of Victoria's teeth which she had saved. That is how they ID'ed her remains. Also there were items such as clothing, an earring and broken hairband with her remains which initially lead them to believe they were Victoria's remains. HTH.

I'd be guessing to say that if BD tried to cut a deal now, she would be charged with something. This way she can deny anything SA says. Unless he has proof she was involved, or LE has proof, it's all hearsay on SA's part. Just the fact that neither one has been arrested after this long, tells me LE doesn't have enough evidence to arrest either one. And to know SA is a prime suspect, that bothers me he is still free if they do have evidence on him. LE doesn't need a body to arrest anyone as long as they have sufficient evidence to show someone's involvement. If SA and BD are the only two involved, no witnesses, no hard evidence, it would be pretty easy for BD to convince LE she wasn't involved and she didn't know SA did anything to Hailey. It's been over two years now and I imagine BD has worked out a scenario to distance herself from any involvement. I believe now she is saying it's possibly SA could have done something to Hailey, this is her way of admitting she knows but doesn't want to confess as she knows she will also be held accountable for withholding evidence. She's dumb but smart enough to figure this much out kwim. I'll remain hopeful the truth will catch up with them.

The problem LE have is that they don't have any evidence, plus there are reasonable grounds for doubt (based on what has been reported so far).

For example, there are the various phone records from SA and HDs phones which collectively make it unlikely that either SA or BD were involved in whatever happened to HD. There are the witnesses that reported seeing HD that day, which have never been refuted. There is the whole earring debacle, which creates the strong implication on multiple levels that HD visited her fathers house that day, contary to what has been claimed.

The real problem with this case is that none of the principals have anything remotely approaching credibility, and pretty much all of what various theories are built on depends on the credibility of one side or the other.

That would make for a very weak case in trial. In a trial the real facts will come out, and neither side will be able to rely on gossip in the face of that. For example, all these calls that were made, who were they made to and why. Then there is the text message, which if true suggests a very different scenario. And if that text message was really made, you can be damned sure that the recipient will be grilled exhaustively in any trial. Likewise with the earrings, if BD's claims of the X-box footage showing HD as wearing them the night before she went missing really are true. If both of those things are true, then there is a great deal of reasonable doubt.

The problem on a site like WS is that people come fixated on a "guilty party", basically because they like or dislike various characters in the story. They go by gut feeling rather than the facts of the case. The facts of the case however are what would be presented in trial, and it is those facts, such as we know them, that would make any kind of prosecution of the most popular theory extremely difficult.

haileyslide3.jpg

Back to Christmas day ... it's more visible in this photo, the pink hair. Was it dyed? Or a hair piece? I can't recall it being discussed ever.

:tyou::goodpost: Exactly and absolutely! She's never come forward and made these statements until now with the remains being found...good grief. <modsnip>. :moo:

The problem LE have is that they don't have any evidence,

snipped for brevity

Respectfully, you know this how?Or are you assuming?

I don't know what they may or may not have. If memory serves, LE hasn't provided a list to the general public entailing specific details/evidence/forensics related to this investigation.

I am guessing once again but I assume LE wouldn't ask for DNA from either parent until something like this happened; finding of these remains. ....
snipped for brevity

I believe they already have it from CD and BD...seems I recall it was mentioned at some point in MSM, and I am just too pooped to go find it:)

<modsnip>? I have been reading but my eyes are crossed, I had forgotten how tangled all the information was. Brain freeze!

It's been a while but didn't the LE show up at Billie's with a search warrant for SA's DNA and she got in trouble for saying he wasn't there when he was?

I agree Gypsy that it's taken an awful long time coming for Billie to realize that there was something fishy about SA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member