GUILTY MO - Jacque Rawson Waller, 39, Jackson, 31 May 2011

I don't think it will hamper the investigation. Nothing has been confirmed by LE regarding the blood or any other evidence. With that being said, LE may tell them to lay low and not reveal what they do or do not know.

I see it as a desperate attempt at getting the perp to confess so they can have their daughter back. Will it work? Probably not. He's probably getting a kick out of watching them suffer.

BBM

the sad reality :(

It's true that someone can be convicted of murder without a body, BUT... there should be some strong evidence that the person is dead. Just the person being missing is not enough, because they could have just left. If all her personal items are still there... purse, cell phone, clothes, etc.... that indicates she didn't just go on vacation. Leaving kids behind is not always proof, either... many women have up and disappeared and left the kids with Daddy. It happens. Most jurisdictions won't rush to get an indictment for murder unless they have something that indicates the person was murdered.... blood, for instance.
In this case, if there was blood in the house, and it turns out to be her blood, and if it was more than what would be normal for just a simple cut, then that would probably be enough to get an arrest warrant, and eventually lead to charges.

WS is not a courtroom and no one here can convict anyone. We are not held to the same burden of proof in order to voice an opinion of someones guilt. IMO, with what information is out there, and this man's own behavior, it's not a leap to suspect the estranged husband is responsible.

I understand your frustration, but it is what it is. Go to the DOJ website and look at the stats. Men do make women disposible.

ETA: I just wanted to add that I don't ever want the husband or boyfriend to be responsible in these types of cases. I would always prefer that the woman just wanted time away and will eventually make her way back home safely. Unfortunately, what I want and what reality is are two different things.

It is true what you said that this is not a courtroom, however engaging in character assassination isn't exactly right, especially if this guy is innocent and trying to maintain custody of his kids. Sure we can have opinions and speculate guilt, involvement, or innocence, but its when people start to claim guilt as a "fact" that I take issue (the difference between statements like "based on what I read I 'think' he had something to do with it", and "he saw her last, so he 'must' be guilty"). Its the lynch mob mentality that is becoming dangerous. There are people right now who have been exonerated of a crime, yet still under public threat. That is not right. Also, if this is to be a "sleuth" forum, then don't we have to explore all aspects of an investigation, and not just an assumption of guilt based on hearsay and a statistic? One last thing, <modsnip>. I did not say men don't make women disposable. I said that statement is one sided, and that women also engage in the abuse and disposal of men, just in different ways.

I don't know the statistics, but I believe the poster was referring to domestic homicides not all homicides in general.

That's the point. A "domestic homicide" is called a domestic homicide after it has been proven that a spouse or intimate partner committed the crime, therefore all domestic homicides were committed by intimate partners, therefore use of that statistic (inaccurate as it is) becomes irrelevant. So one cannot assume that this is a "domestic homicide", since there is no proof that A) a homicide occurred, & B) that he committed it.

It is true what you said that this is not a courtroom, however engaging in character assassination isn't exactly right, especially if this guy is innocent and trying to maintain custody of his kids. Sure we can have opinions and speculate guilt, involvement, or innocence, but its when people start to claim guilt as a "fact" that I take issue (the difference between statements like "based on what I read I 'think' he had something to do with it", and "he saw her last, so he 'must' be guilty"). Its the lynch mob mentality that is becoming dangerous. There are people right now who have been exonerated of a crime, yet still under public threat. That is not right. Also, if this is to be a "sleuth" forum, then don't we have to explore all aspects of an investigation, and not just an assumption of guilt based on hearsay and a statistic? One last thing, <modsnip>. I did not say men don't make women disposable. I said that statement is one sided, and that women also engage in the abuse and disposal of men, just in different ways.

Although I agree with your premise that we must look at all angles to truly be sleuthers, all roads in this woman's disappearance lead to one person: her soon-to-be-ex. If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...

Seems like they are saying what they HOPE not what is being told to them.

I wonder if they were told to expect the results from the blood evidence this week and that's why they believe there will be a break in the case?

I sort of understand the family wanting to get information out but maybe it's time for them to let LE do their job. We sure don't want them revealing too much about the case. Attorney is listening very closely. :banghead:

I hope that they get the evidence they need to arrest the guilty party. IMO it is the "husband".

I wonder if they were told to expect the results from the blood evidence this week and that's why they believe there will be a break in the case?

I sort of understand the family wanting to get information out but maybe it's time for them to let LE do their job. We sure don't want them revealing too much about the case. Attorney is listening very closely. :banghead:

Did I read that Mr Waller is retired LE.

Did I read that Mr Waller is retired LE.

Yes he is. That's why I'm surprised he's being so vocal in the media. I would think he knows how LE works and any information about the ongoing investigation shouldn't be discussed especially when the attorney for the one who is being accused is watching and listening. My :twocents:

That makes sense. But wouldn't there be a lot of people noticing him on that bike? And was the son really with him or not that day? Where would the son be?

I wonder if there are a lot of roads besides the interstate that he could have ridden the bike back on?

I'm coming into this a bit late and apologize if my questions have obvious answers.

From what I've heard on the news it seems that she stopped by his house to pick up the boy who wasn't there when she arrived. There was another case like this with a woman named Sue Ann. She stopped by the soon-to-be ex's home to pick up the kids and they weren't there. Her husband murdered her too.

I saw the ex on tv last night and noticed right away that he doesn't make any eye contact. He just kept looking down while he talked. Now this guy used to be a cop. There is no way he could have served the public with his head always down and no eye contact. No eye contact spells guilty to me plus all of the other things that point right at him.

LE did put a rush on the forensics. Maybe some evidence is expected back.

Yes he is. That's why I'm surprised he's being so vocal in the media. I would think he knows how LE works and any information about the ongoing investigation shouldn't be discussed especially when the attorney for the one who is being accused is watching and listening. My :twocents:

I thought the same thing.

At first I was thinking that the car parked on the highway with a flat tire was staged as an after thought but now I'm not sure. My opinion is:

Maybe the guy was able to release the air in the tire while she was inside the house to get son, he comes in the house, and struck her, this is why blood in the house, she gets to her car and drives off, he follows her, she pulled over because of the tire, and gets her in his car, takes her back to the house, waits til dark, loads her in the boat, then dumps her.

Heck I don't know but the husband is guilty as all get out!

At first I was thinking that the car parked on the highway with a flat tire was staged as an after thought but now I'm not sure. My opinion is:

Maybe the guy was able to release the air in the tire while she was inside the house to get son, he comes in the house, and struck her, this is why blood in the house, she gets to her car and drives off, he follows her, she pulled over because of the tire, and gets her in his car, takes her back to the house, waits til dark, loads her in the boat, then dumps her.

Heck I don't know but the husband is guilty as all get out!
The flat tire intrigues me as well. Have LE revealed any details about the tire? I mean, was the air simply let out (suspicious), was it obviously tampered with/slashed/gouged (suspicious), or was it obviously a "routine" flat tire, like a blowout with a tire w/bad tread and/or age?? (not as suspicious)...

The flat tire intrigues me as well. Have LE revealed any details about the tire? I mean, was the air simply let out (suspicious), was it obviously tampered with/slashed/gouged (suspicious), or was it obviously a "routine" flat tire, like a blowout with a tire w/bad tread and/or age?? (not as suspicious)...

That's a good question. Hope someone knows the answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back