TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bolded by me.

Thank you glorias.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and smells like a duck, why would anyone believe it's anything other than a duck? Makes no sense. JMO

Guys, Matt's acting like a creep no doubt, but there's no indication that he has done anything heinous.

Besides, if he is guilty of something sinister, the best way to bring that to light is to locate Gail and/or the vehicle.

Perhaps I am just lazy, but I would have been in no hurry to get back to TN, if I were in her situation (no job, no school for kids, pets w/me in AL, bad weather, etc...) UNLESS I had an important appointment.

Yes, I follow your point. I guess I theorize that she was unable to truely relax under the circumstances (maritial strife). However, I agree that I don't see a need to be in a great hurry unless she had something important to do in TN. Her actions of leaving the house hurriedly supports that theory even more. So, in this theory, who could it have been and what might be the purpose of the meeting?

1) A lover? No real evidence to support that.
2) Matt? Possible due to spousal and parental relationship.
3) Friend? But why the hurry?

Whatever the actual circumstance, it does appear she was driven by a strong emotion (justified or not). That could have been fear, love, sadness, etc.

I would like your futher thoughts on this as well.

I would, also, like to advance the time in the theory to after she left the house.

Perhaps I am just lazy, but I would have been in no hurry to get back to TN, if I were in her situation (no job, no school for kids, pets w/me in AL, bad weather, etc...) UNLESS I had an important appointment.

Her husband said that they were supposed to meet . . . at the house probably, which is where he showed up, but she was gone.

I'm more interested in what he did during the next 48 hours after she disappeared, but we have nothing about that time period.

Speculation: I was thinking last night that Gail could have come back to the home that night while the kids were asleep, an argument ensued, something happened, and then hubby had to spend the next 24 hours covering up.

When he contacted the police with his story, he just rolled it back to the last time the children saw her because they knew she drove away. Simple.

:cow: JMOO

Guys, Matt's acting like a creep no doubt, but there's no indication that he has done anything heinous.

Besides, if he is guilty of something sinister, the best way to bring that to light is to locate Gail and/or the vehicle.

I wasn't referring specifically to MP with the duck comment. I just find that very obvious documented truths are being refuted, denied, spun, and turned around. That was what I was referring to.

I have friends and family both working at BCBS and they have heard nothing about an affair. Of course that is a huge place and they may not know everyone. Also, the jeep could be hidden in a storage unit, someone's garage or as somenone else said underwater or even off the side of a mountain.

Her husband said that they were supposed to meet . . . at the house probably, which is where he showed up, but she was gone.

I'm more interested in what he did during the next 48 hours after she disappeared, but we have nothing about that time period.

Speculation: I was thinking last night that Gail could have come back to the home that night while the kids were asleep, an argument ensued, something happened, and then hubby had to spend the next 24 hours covering up.

When he contacted the police with his story, he just rolled it back to the last time the children saw her because they knew she drove away. Simple.

:cow: JMOO

Plausible...

That would take care of the problem w/timing. For example, he would have needed time to dispose of her remains, the jeep, etc... before reporting her missing.

But, where would Gail have been between the time she left the house and around 8:00pm/9:00pm that evening? That's the $1 million question, I guess...

Excellent idea!

The Jeep could be stored somewhere. The storage facility option does not seem like a long-term solution to hide the Jeep. But, it could work until another disposal solution was obtained. I lean against her putting the Jeep in storage and torwards a perp doing that.

Follow-up: The more I think about that scenario the less comfortable I am with it. The storage rental properties are usually well surveyed by cameras. That seems way too risky.

Someone has checked it out already at the beginning of the week! Bottom of the W facility has no cameras, but no unit big enough to drive a vehicle in. But they told whoever inquired that the storage on Commerce (down the road) did have drive-in size for vehicles, and believed it may have cameras.

Nonetheless, it has been addressed and the outcome not made public.

Yes, I follow your point. I guess I theorize that she was unable to truely relax under the circumstances (maritial strife). However, I agree that I don't see a need to be in a great hurry unless she had something important to do in TN. Her actions of leaving the house hurriedly supports that theory even more. So, in this theory, who could it have been and what might be the purpose of the meeting?

Whatever the actual circumstance, it does appear she was driven by a strong emotion (justified or not). That could have been fear, love, sadness, etc.

I would, also, like to advance the time in the theory to after she left the house.

1. No indication of another romantic relationship. Besides, why would a strong, independent woman who is going through what appears to be a difficult break-up want anything to do w/another man? That would scream dependency to me.;

2. Plausible. Perhaps she really wasn't 'rushed', rather just annoyed/mad/exasperated that she was having to confront him. That would account for not acknowledging the neighbor.;

3. I would expect this to have been revealed by now. Unless, of course, a 'friend' hurt her in some way. Not likely, unless there is another player in this drama about whom we have never heard.

Could it be as simple as she was going to pick-up lunch for the kids before the meeting w/Matt @ the house?

I appreciate all of the brainstorming and sleuthing that is going on for Gail. It's okay if you poke all kinds of holes in anything I bring up. It's all open for discussion. Apologies if I come across as hard headed!

I just want Gail Marie brought home to those 2 beautiful children.

I appreciate all of the brainstorming and sleuthing that is going on for Gail. It's okay if you poke all kinds of holes in anything I bring up. It's all open for discussion. Apologies if I come across as hard headed!

I just want Gail Marie brought home to those 2 beautiful children.

You don't need to apologize; you definitely do not come across as hard-headed.

my thoughts on these speculations:

1) No not a lover because had that been so, she was STILL always chatty and in touch with her friends, would not all of a sudden be distant and not acknowledging them as reported on that last day she was seen by 2 of them.
2)More likely the case, imo.
3)No, for the same reason as #1

Someone has checked it out already at the beginning of the week! Bottom of the W facility has no cameras, but no unit big enough to drive a vehicle in. But they told whoever inquired that the storage on Commerce (down the road) did have drive-in size for vehicles, and believed it may have cameras.

Nonetheless, it has been addressed and the outcome not made public.

Wow-that is huge. How do you know this took place?

I feel like a broken record, but:

1. Something has happened to Gail. As I think many of us have said many times, it may be accident, foul play, suicide, in hiding, or any number of things. However, we know from family, friends, and the media that this is not usual behavior, that her vehicle has not been found, that there have been no sightings. This points directly to accident or foul play or suicide.

1.A. If it was accident, it would be a heck of a coincidence if someone who was afraid she was being followed, scared of her husband, having to call 911 3 times for domestic issues, etc. would end up in an accident so freakish that it hid her, her car, and her cell phone from weeks of searches by multiple people.

1.B. Her actions recently of getting paperwork together, changing her retirement account PINs, having people hold things for safekeeping do not speak to someone who is going to commit suicide. Rather, they are the actions of someone planning for the future.

2. If foul play, we have to look at motive. Who has a motive? Sure, it could be some unnamed, unknown person that there has been no trace of as yet. There might be a killer, a drunk driver, an ex-boyfriend, former coworker, who knows. We'll call him Mr. Hypothetical. But again, it would be a crazy coincidence if someone who was scared and frightened and embroiled in problems with her husband would get involved in an encounter with Mr. Hypothetical instead.

2.A. Matt is the only person that we know of based on media and family sources who has motive: Custody of the kids and having the "marital funds", he has reportedly been angry with Gail, it's rumored he has a mistress, etc. I am saying this with the caveat that this does not mean I am personally accusing Matt. This is speculation and I am trying to explain why I am approaching my own speculation from this particular angle.

3. Matt has a history of exaggerating situations or stating things that no one can confirm. For example, he said Gail disappeared all the time; later we discovered they were in the midst of a separation. That puts a whole new context on her leaving the house frequently. Or when he said Gail was disturbed, her friends and family denied it and LE said they had turned up nothing to confirm Matt's claim.

4. Matt is using his PI to try to get potential evidence -- either for the missing persons case or the divorce -- from Arlene before LE/Gail can get to it.

5. Matt didn't call LE until Diane urged him to do so 2 days after Gail went missing. He hasn't cared to search for Gail at all. If this was a case of him thinking she had run off and so he was just letting her go, surely by now he would realize something else is going on.

6. Someone in comments on other sites has been trying to trash Gail and saying we're embarrassing Matt by even looking into the case. Someone anonymously called people handing out missing persons fliers to tell them to stop because it was embarrassing Matt.

I know and accept and fully acknowledge we have no proof that anyone, least of all Matt, did anything wrong. Absolutely. There is no question. However, I speculate based on the things I have learned, which I have listed above.

I hope you can understand why some of us feel the way we do about what may have happened to Gail.

No one has to agree with my/our opinions, of course, but this constant slamming of some of us is getting old. I genuinely care about this case, and I would rather spend this time trying to find Gail.

You make a very good point that it is hard to leave a profession. Perhaps she did find full time motherhood as rewarding. I certainly hope so.

Now, take what I said about being alone in the proper context. She was losing a husband, to what she believed was to another woman, and she had noone, in a romantic relationship, to go to. That is a tough emational position to be in.

Add that situation to losing your job and it is even harder. This is especially true for someone who was having some emotional troubles.

I don't see Gail as the type with insecurities you are suggesting. I don't see her as someone who would "have to have a man" to survive. IMO, that would be the last thing on her mind right now. Granted later on down the road she would seek companionship again once she had her children and herself in some kind of normalcy. Same for her job situation. A job does not in totality make you who you are. Apparently her job was eliminated thru company re-orgainization, nothing to do with her ablilities...she moved on to the full challenges and enjoyment of motherhood which was blessedly afforded her. IMO

Plausible...

That would take care of the problem w/timing. For example, he would have needed time to dispose of her remains, the jeep, etc... before reporting her missing.

But, where would Gail have been between the time she left the house and around 8:00pm/9:00pm that evening? That's the $1 million question, I guess...

Why 8:00 or 9:00 that evening? I'm asking because I've been very concerned as to what happened between about 12:15 when she was last seen that day and when people started realizing she was missing. Were you speculating that is about the time people would realize something was wrong?

hard drive totally messed up I will be back when I get the problem solved Talk to y'all later.

Why 8:00 or 9:00 that evening? I'm asking because I've been very concerned as to what happened between about 12:15 when she was last seen that day and when people started realizing she was missing. Were you speculating that is about the time people would realize something was wrong?

I'm the one who speculated that perhaps Gail came back that night after the kids were in bed. Just speculating. We know she didn't like to argue in front of the kids.

She could have gone anywhere in the afternoon then come back. She could have just been driving around. She could have gone to a movie or the mall. She could have been at the library doing research on divorces or making copies of more papers to send to Arlene in Alabama! Anywhere.

My point was just that there are really a missing 48 hours and what was Matt doing during that time? Perhaps she came home, they fought, and something happened. Then he waited another day to be sure he had it all together before he called the police. Just an idea.

Or at a public storage or personal storage building.

I've wondered if LE has inquired on someone renting one in the area? Maybe going back a little in time. ? Storage for the items supposedly in their 3 car garage that they couldn't utilize. ? Change of plans for what would be priority in storage?

My point was just that there are really a missing 48 hours and what was Matt doing during that time? Perhaps she came home, they fought, and something happened. Then he waited another day to be sure he had it all together before he called the police. Just an idea.

Absolutely, I 100% agree. That time span in there is key to a lot of things. Now that we know LE has looked into some stuff and is playing it close to the chest, I can only assume they know a lot about those hours that we have no clue about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave