LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone has any questions about tattoos or piercings, i do both for a living and can give answers.

to those who "cant understand why people get lots of tattoos or piercings" (not talking about any specific person here) we all have different ideas of beauty. There are people who cant understand why you may color your hair, or wear makeup, or push-up bras, spray tans....i could go on forever. Just because the tattoos are there forever it doesn't make them any different. People get them because they feel it enhances their body. enough said. Please stop with the judgement.

(and yes, i know there are people with tattoos because they want attention. remember, not everyone is like that.)

Yep, I"m tattooed, pierced, 2 color hair and wear combat boots,....even in the summer

Ugh, stop searching and what, wait until she washes up on a shore? Unfortunately, I suspect that would have already happened by now. So sad...for all of these missing women!!!

I hope she doesn't become one of the forever lost

Is the family making such a public statement because there's still a lot of talk/gossip about the possibility of RM as a POI? Just wondering what the vibe is there, and why the McGees felt it necessary to bring their name into the news now.

(Then again, maybe KATC is just trying to fill airtime with something "juicy.")

I know I won't win any popularity contests for what I'm about to say. But I have been thinking it for days, might as well get it out.

I am truly amazed that Rocky was tried and convicted on the charges he was arrested for. What he did was wrong, he left the scene of an accident. He may or may not have been drunk or high, no one knows. He did NOT cause the accident, however. The unfortunate man who died pulled right into the path of Rocky's vehicle. HE caused the accident. The BBPD even said they could not arrest Rocky for vehicular homicide because the driver who died caused the accident. The BBPD said they couldn't prove Rocky was impaired, so he could not be charged with a DUI.

I am not saying Rocky is "innocent." Because it is definitely wrong to leave the scene of any accident. But to be brought up on such serious charges, I believe there is some sort of personal vendetta going on. To get seven years for fleeing from the scene of an accident he did not cause is just unheard of.

All I hear of this young man's family is that they are upper middle class, well respected members of their community. I hear Rocky is a typical 19 year old kid from BB, he is a sportsman, likes to fish and hunt, likes to party, likes girls and hanging out with friends. That describes about 99% of the 19 year old guys in Louisiana!

On the other hand, I have heard that if you cross the BBPD, they will get you. Eventually. On anything.

I don't know who called Rocky's name into the tip line, and I hope it was done by a well intentioned person who truly believed he could be involved. I remember the DTL tip lines, though. People were calling in the neighbor who let his dog crap in their yard, their ex-boyfriend and their baby daddy who was late on child support.....calling the names in even though the "tip" giver didn't have a single thing that would make them truly believe that man was capable of serial murder.

DTL's name was called in, too. LE never got around to checking him out from that tip because his name was literally BURIED under mountains of wrong tips that were based on personal vendettas.

I sure hope that is not happening to Mickey's case.

Someone mentioned RM a bit ago and I wanted to share something that I've found very interesting from the first time he was mentioned. The distance between the last time Mickey was seen, his home and where her bike was found. To me, this looks like it could be a sort of "comfort zone".

Another DWTIQ coincidence - Daddy has a Z71 which is in front of their house.

Another DWTIQ coincidence 2 check out across the yucky water from their house. A boat launch with...YEP...another white truck with an empty boat trailer.

:waitasec:

Yes. Half the people in that area have white four door trucks, many of them Z71's because of the off road package. Rocky's truck is a two door, I believe ACI verified that. If you walk the google man around any bayou in the area, you are going to find tons of those trucks.

The last searches will be Sunday. There won't be anymore searches unless they get a new lead.

That makes me want to cry.

eta: I am a long time poster on WebSleuths, so I apologize if you already know this about me. We have so many new members, and I want them to understand where I am coming from.

I had a 17 year old son who was falsely accused of something, and he and our family spent more than two years in HELL trying to prove him innocent, while the gossip factories around Lafayette were busy slandering his name, and mine, and my husbands, and his brothers. My son WAS innocent of what he was charged with doing, and we did eventually prevail, but because of my experience, I will ALWAYS give someone the benefit of the doubt. ALWAYS.

Thanks for the link! I didn't realize you had to be certified just to do the sketches. I'm solidly in a career and was more thinking it would be a volunteer sort of thing. I'm surprised you have to be certified, too. Most of the sketches I see are awful. I'd never have thought they were from certified sketchers!

Call and ask anyway what can it hurt?

I know I won't win any popularity contests for what I'm about to say. But I have been thinking it for days, might as well get it out.

<snip>

eta: I am a long time poster on WebSleuths, so I apologize if you already know this about me. We have so many new members, and I want them to understand where I am coming from.

I had a 17 year old son who was falsely accused of something, and he and our family spent more than two years in HELL trying to prove him innocent, while the gossip factories around Lafayette were busy slandering his name, and mine, and my husbands, and his brothers. My son WAS innocent of what he was charged with doing, and we did eventually prevail, but because of my experience, I will ALWAYS give someone the benefit of the doubt. ALWAYS.

You're still popular with me.

As I'm sure I mentioned many times, I'm an avid trial watcher - I find it consuming

And having spent 20 years watching the machinations of our legal system, I'm literally in fear of being falsely accused.

It seems like charges can be brought based on hunches and innuendo.

No previous deed that's not murder immediately makes a person a murder suspect.

Lots of *advertiser censored*? Not murder. DUI? Not murder. Embezzle? Not murder.

Married 15 times? Not murder.

How's your son? Did he stay in Lafayette?

Do we know if Abdella's POIs happen to be 2 specific people, or was he given the description of 2 people who were observed behaving in a suspicious manner?

Not sure if two different perps, but remember reading that two different people provided Abdella with the same information and those two people were supposedly not connected to each other.

Not happy at all about there not being any searches after Sunday. Maybe we will have something solid by then to go on?? I hope so. I am so wanting to have some sketches for people to look out for, or hear something solid. I have feared from the beginning that LPD would have difficulties with this case. I remember being at the house on the Monday after when all search parties were moved down the stereet because detectives had just gooten there at 2 PM on the MONDAY!! Then I came home and saw on the news someone saying they had started on Sunday and how hard they have been wokring on the case!!!!! I hate to sound negative, I just don't have any faith in them. I have lived here all 36 yrs and truly want to have to eat crow on what I feel about them. Please we need answers!!!!

Were the dogs at Whiskey Bay today? Hope they will take them to Henderson.

know I won't win any popularity contests for what I'm about to say. But I have been thinking it for days, might as well get it out.

You Know lady all these years of you an I butting heads in here I never knew this. Now it makes 100% sense to me. My self I to try to give people the benefit of doubt. But sometime ( PETERSON ) my gut tells me from the start.
I admire you and always have here.

You're still popular with me.

As I'm sure I mentioned many times, I'm an avid trial watcher - I find it consuming

And having spent 20 years watching the machinations of our legal system, I'm literally in fear of being falsely accused.

It seems like charges can be brought based on hunches and innuendo.

No previous deed that's not murder immediately makes a person a murder suspect.

Lots of *advertiser censored*? Not murder. DUI? Not murder. Embezzle? Not murder.

Married 15 times? Not murder.

How's your son? Did he stay in Lafayette?

I hear ya! The day I had to sit my kids down and tell them that they were never to talk to LE without a lawyer present, even if and maybe especially if they were innocent, I felt like a piece of my soul died.

My son is doing fine now, thank you so much for asking. He is still in Lafayette. All grown up and living a good life!

Not sure if two different perps, but remember reading that two different people provided Abdella with the same information and those two people were supposedly not connected to each other.
Hija.. I really did think the 2 informers would help to continue the hunt for this hijo d____. the street that I found so dismal was Mildred. It's heavily shaded & dips. Just gives me the heebies. I'm here in Sant Street Inn & I see the posters everywhere, even on cars. I see people walking the streets. A guy in 'wellies.' that you ACI or chicken? This is so screamingly frustrating. Now another poor child in MS? God how I hate perps.

You Know lady all these years of you an I butting heads in here I never knew this. Now it makes 100% sense to me. My self I to try to give people the benefit of doubt. But sometime ( PETERSON ) my gut tells me from the start.
I admire you and always have here.

Thanks, JDB. It 'splains alot, huh? LOL!

New thread opening here....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8027947#post8027947"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #25[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304