NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hit on both vehicles.

Neither vehicle was on fire, but one had been doused in gasoline, but did not ignite. As Adam made very clear in his 911 call the SUV with the ransom note on it belonged to his boss, it is the company vehicle. So Adam drives his boss's vehicle, and EB has the other vehicle. And then there was a third vehicle that a neighbor said was no longer around, was that a Monte Carlo?

Thanks i just read it. It was a grass fire and dogs hit on human ramains on both cars..

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25358549/index.html

Well thanks for the replies. Personally, as someone who had to do lifting every day, I am not so sure she could carry weight in that amount through brush to bury. Especially, for someone who is 42. My kids have done a lot of weight lifting and a lot of people do not have upper body strength. I just don't see EB as having done anything to give her strength. But all just my opinion.

She could have dragged her in a sheet or something.......had a trolley or such .....

We've discussed the on quite a few threads. To the best of my recollection:

EB could have moved her because (reasons provided by various members):

1. Adrenaline.

2. She may not have had to lift much. She could have drug, rolled, pushed, wrapped in something and pulled that too.

FWIW, I can't rule out yet that EB didn't do this alone, because we've seen a few cases where a woman has murdered her husband and then removed his body and buried it---by herself.

(there was a woman in the news this week who did just that). JMHO.

It's not always what a person says, but sometimes what they don't that is equally as important.

Very true. Who knows who was in the vehicle with her, watching her, talking to her, etc. FBI is involved, they could have many different experts watching her body language, interpreting her speech patterns, etc.

IMO - Stress causes your body to betray what is coming out of your mouth.

Also at the risk of beating a dead horse LOL.

I read the thread last night about AB's mention of Zahra being in puberty or something to that effect. I agree with the multitude of posts about that and all the posters who shared their experiences about or with a father dealing with puberty in girls...etc. No arguments there whatsoever!

Instead, I want to throw my :twocents: in, and this is just a personal completely subjective opinion

Let me preface by saying we have a blended family of 7 children. Five of which are girls.

IMHO Zahra is not showing the beginning signs of puberty that every single female child I have ever seen---shows well before the beginning of the first menstrual period and well before any moodiness that some not all can show from the increase of hormones in their system.

I just wanted to throw my :twocents: in, I could be very wrong though. JMHO

IMO No way she was in full blown puberty! Attitude I get from my daughter, but she isn't even close to being in puberty. She just turned 11 on Oct. 25th. Zahra would have been 11 on Nov. 16th.

She could have dragged her in a sheet or something.......had a trolley or such .....

Yes, but I think that requires some endurance to get a body far enough off the road to not be found easily. And to do it at a time when no one would see her.

BBM (last BBM)
Yes...but, that's just the one's you've seen...LOL! I AM JUST TEASING YOU!!! I didn't even pay close attention to the posts you're referencing, so don't have any feelings towards that subject at the moment, anyway. I just couldn't resist replying...you were so good at prefacing your post...and I needed something to make me smile, amidst this terrible tragedy, that I can't seem to pull myself away from...prayers for Zahra!

<snort> that's funny right there ENAV! :D

FWIW, I've posted here long enough to know well enough how to phrase a sentence of paragraph to avoid being skull drug for inaccuracies LOLOL.

(yes I learned the hard way too :D)

I'm going to toss some wild theories out here... Pure speculation, at this point...

• IMO, AB is not as involved as some/most are speculating.

• IMO, EB killed Zahra - but she had another accomplice help dispose of Zahra.

• IMO, this other accomplice is someone from EB's past, but still associated with her.

• IF we can confirm there was a Monte Carlo (working on that), I have a hunch the Monte Carlo may have once belonged to the other accomplice and EB had continued to drive it.

• IMO, Zahra may be in that Monte Carlo somewhere (likely under water).

• IMO, the car may have had some "sentimental" value to both EB and the other accomplice.

• I think it's possible that EB and her accomplice initially avoided placing Zahra into the Monte Carlo because of their sentiments about the car.. but, perhaps decided against disposing of Zahra in the Camry and moved her to the Monte Carlo.

• IMO, the car may be hidden or submerged in a (somewhat) sentimental location where EB and her accomplice felt the car could rest in peace. (Sick, I know)

If you reply to discuss these thoughts, please refrain from trying to name the "other accomplice". Thanks.

I think I read that Zahra was 5'1" and weighed 85lbs. Does anyone think EB could lift her by herself? EB doesn't seem to have done any sort of manual labor so wonder how strong she may be.

Not by herself,not as dead weight, not for any length of distance.

I have always and still believe Adam disposed of the body.

Not true! The day before, a Ms. Lisa Dubs, a lawyer, had an interview with the prisoner. Ms. Dubs deals w/among other things, The Death Penalty.

I don't know if she got out of the vehicle.

She had to have told LE something significant or they wouldn't have brought her to the dump site for the leg. They got the dump site info from her.

I think she may have said the body is not recoverable.

I need some help please?

I'm looking for the article that stated that the tip about the area near or on EB's previous residence where the prosthetic leg was found did not come from EB.

I want to make sure that we are not concluding that EB pointed out the leg. There is a big difference. IMHO.

TIA!

Kat and Paulette:

I posted these 3 things on the 28th. Here are the answers to your questions:

Point #1:

Sunsetbeach
OMG.
Listen to this report (video on right) ... http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637 around the 2:10 mark

OMG.

Thank-you so much, Sunset Beach, for a very relevant link in the case this week.

I have not heard or read of this major information. It may have been posted here, but, it is hard to keep up.

At apx. 1:20 min, the reporter says "the new information told us to DIG".

At apx. 2:20 min, the reporter says LE will not disclose who told them the new information, that they have interviewed more than 100 people in this case, and one of those people told them the new information, NOT ELISA BAKER.

Point #2

On October 19, 2010, LE announced publicly that they were going through the process to obtain Zahra's serial number for her prosthetic.

Almost 10 days ago.

Long before the prosthetic was ever found.

Quote:
October 19, 2010
Hickory police also announced today that they are asking for Zahra's medical records, including the model, serial number and composition of the artificial leg she received from an Australian medical facility. Deputy Police Chief Maj. Clyde Deal told ABC News that this was standard procedure for any case.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-zahr...ry?id=11916819

Point #3

WTH????

This article says that LE already HAS the serial number for Zahra's prosthetic leg!!!

Did I miss something here? Why did LE search the landfill AFTER they found out the model number for the leg???? This was 8 days ago!

October 20, 2010
Adkins said that information gleaned from several interviews led the police to the landfill where they could be searching for days.
Adkins would not disclose what the piece of evidence was, but police interest in the landfill came about a day after authorities combed through Zahra's medical records and found the model and serial number for her prosthetic leg
http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker...ry?id=11926357

Here's my take on the media.........stay with the local stuff, national is just picking up bits and pieces and throwing it out there.

Perhaps LE took EB to the location where they found the leg to SHOW HER they found the leg?

I agree with you Wondergirl

IMO ONLY LE was saying to EB " Elisa we know you are full of it, we know Zahra is dead, and you did it. Spill it, it is only a matter of time, death penalty is on the line here, talk fast."

85 lbs is a lot for a woman to "lift" and carry for any distance, not impossible, but not easy. I have been tested and have had to dead drag 185lbs though, and I am not exactly a "big" girl. So, I would not rule out her being able to dispose of the body on her own. I don't think it's likely though, that part is JMO.

Here's my take on the media.........stay with the local stuff, national is just picking up bits and pieces and throwing it out there.

LOL, I'll take that one step further and say my take on the media is, that unless they are re-printing from a press release (that is public) or are showing a press conference, I take it with a grain of salt. I always file what they're saying as some times you can put the pieces together and verify things, but I don't take it as truth til that point.

[snip]:

I'm going to toss some wild theories out here... Pure speculation, at this point...

[*]IMO, this other accomplice is someone from EB's past, but still associated with her.

[*]IMO, Zahra may be in that Monte Carlo somewhere (likely under water).

[*]IMO, the car may have had some "sentimental" value to both EB and the other accomplice.

[*]I think it's possible that EB and her accomplice initially avoided placing Zahra into the Monte Carlo because of their sentiments about the car.. but, perhaps decided against disposing of Zahra in the Camry and moved her to the Monte Carlo.

[*]IMO, the car may be hidden or submerged in a (somewhat) sentimental location where EB and her accomplice felt the car could rest in peace. (Sick, I know)
[/LIST]

If you reply to discuss these thoughts, please refrain from trying to name the "other accomplice". Thanks.

This coincides with something I've been thinking on...can any locals tell us if there are any out-of-the-way areas reputed by area residents to be good for fishing?

--Just a thought...

I studied those pictures and think this is a heavier tarp or sheeting. Could it have been a shower curtain? There are cloth paint tarps that are grey, but the way that folded looked more like a rubberized material to me. They did a great job of shielding evidence from view, and that glare at you made a lot more sense to me after studying your photos more.

I'm not sure you'd be aware of how touchy LE can be about citizens taking pictures of them at work, but with all the stories I've read on photography blogs, I do know you were treated extremely generously by these guys. He looked upset.

I was not asked to not take photos. All LE was very aware of what I was doing. If they did not want me to take photographs, they would have asked me not to and probably confiscated my camera.

In fact, I had someone from local LE to contact me about some of the pictures. I asked at that time if anyone had a problem, and they had no problem with it. Of course, it was one person that said this and also said no one else they know of had said anything about it.

I have not posted all of the photos because some were extremely heart-wrenching watching these men at work. Maybe later will be appropriate to bring them out.

Not by herself,not as dead weight, not for any length of distance.

I have always and still believe Adam disposed of the body.

Here's Zahra back in May getting her hearing aids. She is sitting down-but you can still get an idea of Z's size compares to EB's size. Do I think she could handle dead or drugged weight? It's possible IMO. Ya know the stories you hear about the incredible strength some people have while on drugs. But, I do think EB had help.
may10.jpg

It wasn't just the 911 call that alerted me to AB. The whole finding the ransom note and calling MC and his daughter there but not making sure Zahra was OK makes no sense. Imagine-you find a note from a kidnapper on your car saying they have your daughter. Well, gee the kidnapper got the wrong car, the wrong house-maybe they got the wrong girl!! Quick lets see if Zahra's OK!! Why didn't AB do that? Why didn't they tell LE they had a daughter since the kidnapper doesn't seem too well informed about who they were kidnapping?
IMO It's cause they lost their nerve. It wasn't just the hinky 911 call and his strange rambling that got me-it was his inaction at 5 in the morning that started my meter running!

[snip]:

This coincides with something I've been thinking on...can any locals tell us if there are any out-of-the-way areas reputed by area residents to be good for fishing?

--Just a thought...

That's the thing, there are SO many places like that around here. Ponds, lakes, creeks, etc. And you even have the Blue Ridge Parkway and The Pisgah National Forest 25 - 30 minutes away.

We've discussed the on quite a few threads. To the best of my recollection:

EB could have moved her because (reasons provided by various members):

1. Adrenaline.

2. She may not have had to lift much. She could have drug, rolled, pushed, wrapped in something and pulled that too.

FWIW, I can't rule out yet that EB didn't do this alone, because we've seen a few cases where a woman has murdered her husband and then removed his body and buried it---by herself.

(there was a woman in the news this week who did just that). JMHO.
I agree she could've done it alone however I still believe she had help or at least he knew. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong