TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true. I keep thinking back to the possibility the perp tried to silence her when he abducted her (duct tape? knife point?) so he may even have realized someone was still in the house. Wouldn't Clint's car have been there also? MOO

Just a guess but if he emerged from the woods behind the house, CB's car could have been in front. He might never have seen it.

Sorry guys!!!

GreenGreen, glad you are around. How are you holding up? How's your family holding up? Is morale okay around town good?

Im glad to see what outsiders think. Everyone is I think starting to come out of the shock. There are many emotions right now as everyone seems to be handling this differently. For the most part, everyone is still hopeful that she is alive.

Just a guess but if he emerged from the woods behind the house, CB's car could have been in front. He might never have seen it.

That's also a possibility. It was Holly he was targeting, after all, and where her car was parked. MOO

Are they searching in more than one county?

If so, that does not sound as specific and/or promising as I had first hoped...

It was near the line I was told. That did not come from the LE so I cannot say I am 100% sure.

Look at the job LE did searching John Couey's trailer in the Jessica Lundsford kidnapping. Even though he was a SO who had failed to register, they just aksed him if he had seen the girl and went away without looking inside.

That was one of the saddest cases ever... it still haunts me.

So true. I keep thinking back to the possibility the perp tried to silence her when he abducted her (duct tape? knife point?) so he may even have realized someone was still in the house. Wouldn't Clint's car have been there also? MOO

I'm thinking definitely gunpoint. MOO

MOO, but I would bet they did. Years ago, here in Nashville, Marcia Trimble disappeared while delivering girl scout cookies. The case took 30 years or so to close. Police eventually found her in a garage a few doors away from her home. And it had been searched once before. LE was very embarrassed by that and I'm sure would NOT want to face a similar situation again, so I would not see them leaving an empty house unsearched.

I didn't really make clear what I said. I know LE went door to door, I am just not sure if it was the FBI at all the houses. I have talked to 3 different residents where in fact it was the FBI.

The abductor in the Elizabeth Smart case, put a knife to her throat immediately to get her to comply.

Look at the job LE did searching John Couey's trailer in the Jessica Lundsford kidnapping. Even though he was a SO who had failed to register, they just aksed him if he had seen the girl and went away without looking inside.

Everyone was asked if their property could be searched.

MOO, but I would bet they did. Years ago, here in Nashville, Marcia Trimble disappeared while delivering girl scout cookies. The case took 30 years or so to close. Police eventually found her in a garage a few doors away from her home. And it had been searched once before. LE was very embarrassed by that and I'm sure would NOT want to face a similar situation again, so I would not see them leaving an empty house unsearched.

I lived in the same neighborhood where this happened. My friend is married to the guy's brother that they suspected all along. He lived a hellish life up until DNA proved everyone wrong. My own daughter was kidnapped, I didn't see her again for 6 years...Therefore, the reason I return here. Sad, but true! BTW...My daughter was found alive, and well! She is the light of my life...

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979278739

Can someone tell me what "high profile investigators" are?

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979278739

Can someone tell me what "high profile investigators" are?

They're the kind of investigators who show up in the copy of amateur writers who really don't know much about what's going on, but want to act like they have the inside info.

I didn't really make clear what I said. I know LE went door to door, I am just not sure if it was the FBI at all the houses. I have talked to 3 different residents where in fact it was the FBI.

Oh, thank you for the clarification! I'm sure it was probably me. :blushing: I've driven 700 miles since yesterday for my daughter's college graduation and am totally FRIED. I should probably give up on complex thoughts for the day, lol.

I lived in the same neighborhood where this happened. My friend is married to the guy's brother that they suspected all along. He lived a hellish life up until DNA proved everyone wrong. My own daughter was kidnapped, I didn't see her again for 6 years...Therefore, the reason I return here. Sad, but true! BTW...My daughter was found alive, and well! She is the light of my life...

Wow, small world. My uncle (a little oddd) was among those they asked to provide DNA. Yes, I agree with you. Caylee Anthony was why I found websleuths. I never knew about it until then. But Marcia is one of the reasons I come back. I can't imagine the anguish of having your child go missing and I can't fathom the animal it takes to do what some of these butchers do. Actual, that's an insult to animals.

Holly, where are you???

Thank you for sharing and what wonderful news about being reunited with your daughter! Hopefully it will be the same outcome for the Bobo family!

I know this isn't likely, but sometimes I think the perp may have just been taking a chance. He obviously knew she lived there, but he may have just figured she would come out at some point in the morning but didn't know her exact schedule.

I got this idea from the HS case. Whether or not this is the same perp, it still gave me some ideas. HS's boyfriend was home at the time, and either the perp. didn't know or it wasn't enough to deter him, so either of the two of these could have been a possibility in Holly's case, too (with reference to the brother, this time). Another strange thing was that, from what I've read, HS had come out of the house and gone back in a couple minutes before her attack happened. I've always wondered why the perp. didn't do anything at that point. Asleep on the "job", maybe? Wasn't expecting her to come out so early? Wasn't paying attention? Caught off guard? Hiding out in the woods nearby and didn't have time to move in quickly enough? Regardless, he was obviously somewhere in the area and just waiting for his perfect opportunity, since she came out again a couple minutes later, from what I understand.

I guess my point is that the perp. in the HS case did enough homework to find out that a female would be coming out that morning, but I don't think he knew exactly when, and it's obvious that he didn't know or care if a boyfriend was home at the time. Like I said, whether or not it's the same perp., I don't think it had to be someone who knew Holly terribly well or was necessarily familiar with her routine beyond guessing that she'd be coming out at some point that morning. JMO.

It was still dark outside with HS's perp grabbed her arm. Maybe HS's perp didn't care who else was in the house because he thought he could get her under control without being seen at that time of the morning.

Also, I want to keep in mind that HS's perp didn't say anything threatening, and he didn't attempt to attack her. He grabbed her arm, and ran when she screamed because her bf looked out of the window. Now, of course he was up to no good because he did run, but what kind of no good? Maybe he was going to rob her for drug money? Maybe he wanted her car?
idk..just throwing it out there.
We don't know if his intention was to abduct HS. Could be two different people with two different agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk