Looking for opinions

BBB167893

Former Member
Reaction score
Hey, everybody. I ran across this by accident:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2155751/1/JonBenet_and_the_City_of_Vegas

I thought it might be interesting for everyone to read it an comment on it. It's written as ficition as a "should-have-been" scenario from the author's point of view, but I find it a very useful illustration as to how things might have happened with a more experienced police team and a group of prosecutors more interested in justice than with maintaining their social empire.

In esscense I think that's what happened but I think JR had more to do with her death that that, if LE had been able to interview Burke then I think he would have given up both parents.

It made good use of the evidence even though he did not address the dna other than to acknowledge it. I wonder if any IDIs have ever laid their scenario out in such a detailed fashion?

It's a LONG article...I started reading it. The first mistake is the same as the BPD's.....they went to the house so anyone could see the police were called.

It's a LONG article...I started reading it. The first mistake is the same as the BPD's.....they went to the house so anyone could see the police were called.

I think this person was trying to stay true to the actual story and since Patsy never mentioned (in the 911 call) that they weren't supposed to call LE, he/she had to play it that way.

... I find it a very useful illustration as to how things might have happened with a more experienced police team and a group of prosecutors more interested in justice than with maintaining their social empire.

I agree.

I just finished this and it was pretty good...it had me until the brother's interview. I don't think it would have gone like that at all. I also didn't care for the part where he told the lady he wished she was his mother. Kids aren't like that at all. They love their own parents unconditionally. My daughter is 9 and it would be near impossible for her to 'rat' me out to cops. Also, the dad was played too clueless and loving...no accountability at all. But, one of the things I found very interesting, was the mother's character. She wasn't nice at all...only play acting. The part where she said something to the effect of, 'you're going down the wrong road, Buddy', brought home her hardness and self preservation. All in all, I liked this script, but there's just no way any person would cover an accident like this. What was the motive? They'd call 911...unless they had some prior abuse to cover-up. But if that was the case, I wish the writer had explained it. the mother choosing door number 2 because she wouldn't want drs or LE finding signs of prior chronic sexual abuse. Now, there's a motive! MOO.

It's not an article, Maikai. It's someone's fictional account of how this case should have been handled.

I just finished this and it was pretty good...it had me until the brother's interview. I don't think it would have gone like that at all. I also didn't care for the part where he told the lady he wished she was his mother. Kids aren't like that at all. They love their own parents unconditionally. My daughter is 9 and it would be near impossible for her to 'rat' me out to cops.

Yeah, I have to admit, that was over-the-top. Regardless of what I think of the real Patsy Ramsey, I don't doubt for a minute that Burke loved her with all of his heart, just like I loved my mother.

one other thing...sorry, but I forgot to mention it earlier. When the cops went to the psychologist, he said that a molested child wetting and soiling herself, does so in order to make herself less attractive to an abuser. Is there any truth to this? because I have never heard it explained like this or even considered this possibility. In this story, it seemed a little contradictory, because after wetting herself, the little girl would call her mother, (the abuser), for help. IDK, but I would think an abused child might wet and soil herself for other reasons. a subconscious cry for help? reverting back to babyhood? lashing out and controling the one thing she can? MOO.

Interesting PDI with a CSI spin. Good on some of the details, and the general composition.

One curiosity not addressed was why redress JonBenet, attach a garrote to her neck, place tape over her mouth, then place her body out sight in a windowless room?

The chronic abuse was skimmed over as an adjuct to a punishment routine, suits the PDI.

Reads like Steve Thomas' PDI with frills on.

one other thing...sorry, but I forgot to mention it earlier. When the cops went to the psychologist, he said that a molested child wetting and soiling herself, does so in order to make herself less attractive to an abuser. Is there any truth to this? because I have never heard it explained like this or even considered this possibility. In this story, it seemed a little contradictory, because after wetting herself, the little girl would call her mother, (the abuser), for help. IDK, but I would think an abused child might wet and soil herself for other reasons. a subconscious cry for help? reverting back to babyhood? lashing out and controling the one thing she can? MOO.

dodie20,

Apparently it happens in real life. Looks like this was there to give the story a CSI twist.

I think you are right about the contradiction, but thats what happens when you make the evidence fit the story.

The accident was beleivable until you think what would I do? Accident, unconcious, injured child, well phone 911 immediately!

Why was this not done, Columbo said because there was no accident!

I can imagine Columbo: Excuse me Mrs Ramsey, just one last question, Maam, your daughter was found wearing size-12 underwear, why was she not wearing size-6 underwear?

Interesting PDI with a CSI spin. Good on some of the details, and the general composition.

One curiosity not addressed was why redress JonBenet, attach a garrote to her neck, place tape over her mouth, then place her body out sight in a windowless room?

The chronic abuse was skimmed over as an adjuct to a punishment routine, suits the PDI.

Reads like Steve Thomas' PDI with frills on.

If you read the author's foreword, that's exactly what it is, UKGuy.

If you read the author's foreword, that's exactly what it is, UKGuy.

SuperDave,

OK, the CSI stuff makes it seem quite a runner, PDI with John restaging stuff to suit his agenda?

SuperDave,

OK, the CSI stuff makes it seem quite a runner, PDI with John restaging stuff to suit his agenda?

I think the author has John as innocent of this, a la ST.

BTW: "quite a runner?" I don't believe I've heard that expression!

I think the author has John as innocent of this, a la ST.

SuperDave,

Yes, PDI with John involved would be my take on Steve Thomas' version.

Its a horce-racing allusion, referring to a more common one "Runners and Riders", which would comprise all the theories.

Extending this we have stories in the press and media which have legs and are still running.

dodie20,

Apparently it happens in real life. Looks like this was there to give the story a CSI twist.

I think you are right about the contradiction, but thats what happens when you make the evidence fit the story.

The accident was beleivable until you think what would I do? Accident, unconcious, injured child, well phone 911 immediately!

Why was this not done, Columbo said because there was no accident!

I can imagine Columbo: Excuse me Mrs Ramsey, just one last question, Maam, your daughter was found wearing size-12 underwear, why was she not wearing size-6 underwear?

I bet Detective Columbo could have solved this case!

One ironic point for me is the actress that plays cathrine willows also played Patsy Ramsey in the tv version of PMPT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back