The Doe Network, Part 3: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://dict.die.net/mongoloid/

'(Anthropology) of or pertaining to or characteristic of one
of the traditional racial division of humankind including
especially peoples of central and eastern Asia [syn: Mongoloid]"

In other articles I read that cheek bones are often pronounced in Mongoloid people. Yet, Princess Blue's cheek bones were described in the ME's report as not being pronounced. Confusing even more so because in her recon her cheek bones seem pronounced to me.

I hope and will be so grateful if we can get a copy of the recent work-up lead by the top forensics team. Perhaps that will answer more questions.

Lion

My mom has terminal cancer, and she is not doing well. It is painful to see her go through so much. She cannot eat, and she weighs about 65LBS. She may have an NG tube(feeding tube) put in tomorrow, but that is only a temporary solution. It may be close to the end for her, and I may need to leave again. Lion

Sorry to hear about this, Lion. I keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she is not in pain and my her days be peaceful.

Lion, so sorry about your mom. You and your family are in my thoughts. :blowkiss:

Lion, you and your family will be in my prayers. This sort of thing is SO hard. It is so much harder watching a loved one go through something like this than it is to be going through it yourself. I have a nephew who is only 51 years old who had a painful place on his jaw in March of this year. Within a month, the place had become the size of a marble, and within another month, it was the size of a golf ball. Long story short, by the time it was diagnosed, it was spreading like wild fire, and ended up one month latter the size of a baseball, and was growing out of his year. He had his ear removed, and has undergone chemo and radiation. He has been to MD Anderson in Houston, and it is back in his temple, his jaw, two places in his spine, his colon, his lungs, and his liver. He probably only has a few months to live. I hate it So much because you are so powerless to help. I pray, and I call and chit chat about the weather, and his treatments. The sad thing is, if we live long enough, we will all at some point in time, be either in the shoes of the patient, or of the loved one watching the family member suffer. That is why, it is so important to treasure every good moment in life that comes your way. Treasure even the moments where you are aggravated about silly things, and where you are exhausted from having too much work to do. Hang in there Lion, and let us know if you need to talk. God bless.

SKM learned recently (from Kimberly's mom) that Kimberly has some native american heritage. Kimberly's mom's great grandmother was a full-blooded indian. How does this fit in with what we know of Princess Blue? Also, Kimberly's mom stated that Kimberly's father's parents were deceased before she (Kimberly's mom)met Kimberly's dad. She wasn't aware of what his parents ancestry was, but she always assumed they were african american.

Awww, Lion..so sorry to hear about your Mom. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. You do so much for others here and in your personal life. You are such an angel. Bless you. Hugs~

I will keep searching for matches to Princess Blue. I do believe this case can be solved. You guys do great work! Keep it up! It is great to see this poor girl has so many working towards returning her home to her family.

Lion
you know I'd be there to offer a hand, a bed, a cup of coffee... anything. If you're ever back up here please call...
prayers for mom and hugs for you. I hope I can make this tough time easier for you...

MG

Hi everyone!
I almost feel like I should apologize for being away for so long...I could give you at least ten reasons, all impt., but what does it really matter? I have been reading, though, and it was pulling at me to not be able to respond, but to say I have no privacy is an understmt.!!

First of all, so sorry RKnowley, to have mis-quoted you in saying that KC had light-brown hair, when you wrote medium...didn't mean to throw ppl. off. I'm always in a rush to post on here when I have a few sec's. All I meant was that it isn't uncommon for inter-race ppl. (betwn. A-A and White, anyway) to have light-to-medium brown hair, rather than stark black. So the fact that KC did have medium hair (at least, I thought), just made me have another little point in favor of her perhaps being PB. But if she dyed it to achieve that lighter color, then it may be of no issue, anyway. You're right, as I've always said, there was no hair at the scene of discovery, that was ever notated on anything I've seen.

Hope this makes things clearer. Sorry to have taken so long to respond...
warmly,

WELCOME to Craig! Since I'm behind, I'm wondering if you got your story yet or if it is still in the works? Thank you so much for your interest!

Congrats to Sable on her new house! Buying is such a wise move...good for you!

Hi Lion:innocent: It's so good to see you around here again, but I'm soooo sorry to hear the news of your mother. You are a good daughter and friend, to say the least. I'm sorry for the toll it takes on you, though. You're in my thoughts.

Thank you once again, Jaded and RKnowley, for all the work you do on SKM to keep it going and updated. It must take up so much time, but I know it is a labor of love. :innocent: We are fortunate to be a part of it. Hey, how are the sales of merchandise going? I have yet to buy what I want, but I will...

SKM learned recently (from Kimberly's mom) that Kimberly has some native american heritage. Kimberly's mom's great grandmother was a full-blooded indian. How does this fit in with what we know of Princess Blue? Also, Kimberly's mom stated that Kimberly's father's parents were deceased before she (Kimberly's mom)met Kimberly's dad. She wasn't aware of what his parents ancestry was, but she always assumed they were african american.

Wow- Now this is really interesting!
First of all, do you know what KC's mom's ancestry is?

All along there has been so much discussion re: the different reports of PB's ancestry. The original autopsy report 17 yrs. ago noticed markers of Caucasian, Negroid, and Mongoloid, finally declaring her to be "Hispanic," which isn't even scientifically-speaking, an anthropological category. Rather, it indicates the possible blending of ancestries. I posted someplace, somewhere the MAIN categories and which ancestries fit into those categories, but I don't know where it is anymore!:confused: BUT...Mongoloid incorporates American Eskimo, Pacific-Islanders, Native -Americans, and other "indian" (meaning native, indigenous persons), as well as Asians. I see some of those traits when I look at PB's skull.

Then the anthropological work-up done on PB this past March notates more probability of A-A and Caucasoid blending, which I also see in her remains. I think it's safe to say PB was of mixed race heritage, but the bones alone can't always tell us exactly how much. In fact, they're hardly ever EXACT!:waitasec: It would be amazing if this turns out, in fact, to be KC, that remnants of Mongoloid ancestry from her GREAT-great grandmother would be still be visible...

Hi RKnowley:). I went to New York to care for my mom and get her into the hospital, but I am back home in Texas again for now. My mom has terminal cancer, and she is not doing well. It is painful to see her go through so much. She cannot eat, and she weighs about 65LBS. She may have an NG tube(feeding tube) put in tomorrow, but that is only a temporary solution. It may be close to the end for her, and I may need to leave again. I am still working lots of hours, but I will put as much time as I can into identifying Princess Blue. I hope all is well with you and all of our core members here.

Lion

Dear Lion,
I wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you during this time. I went through a similar thing recently with my brother, thankfully not terminal (heart attack which got worse and ended up being a heart transplant), and he is doing pretty well now. Anyway, I know the having to drop everything and jump on a plane at any given moment, and for me, I was afraid to even turn on my phone when I got off the plane, etc. I am so sorry you have all the other stuff with your house and being so busy at work, it seems like things always come at the same time. If there is anything I can do to help, just say the word.
Lanie

All along there has been so much discussion re: the different reports of PB's ancestry. The original autopsy report 17 yrs. ago noticed markers of Caucasian, Negroid, and Mongoloid, finally declaring her to be "Hispanic," which isn't even scientifically-speaking, an anthropological category. Rather, it indicates the possible blending of ancestries. I posted someplace, somewhere the MAIN categories and which ancestries fit into those categories, but I don't know where it is anymore!:confused: BUT...Mongoloid incorporates American Eskimo, Pacific-Islanders, Native -Americans, and other "indian" (meaning native, indigenous persons), as well as Asians. I see some of those traits when I look at PB's skull.

Then the anthropological work-up done on PB this past March notates more probability of A-A and Caucasoid blending, which I also see in her remains. I think it's safe to say PB was of mixed race heritage, but the bones alone can't always tell us exactly how much. In fact, they're hardly ever EXACT!:waitasec: It would be amazing if this turns out, in fact, to be KC, that remnants of Mongoloid ancestry from her GREAT-great grandmother would be still be visible...

It is weird how these traits come out. I am pretty much Heinz 57 variety myself, and can't even imagine what ancestry would be determined if just using my skeletal remains.
Lanie

Hi Sloane,

All I know of Kimberly's mother's ancestry is what I have posted here. That her great grandmother was full-blooded indian and her great grandfather was african american. Can't tell you anymore than that! I think the only way we are going to find out if Princess Blue is Kimberly is to get the DNA results back. When that will happen "who knows?" Long wait ahead I guess. I don't think we know anything about Kimberly's dentals at this time. Working on it though.

Does anyone know specifically who provided the information about PB dying 6-12 mos. before her remains were found? I can't find a record of this anywhere -- and I'm not talking about the newspaper articles, because they don't substantiate that either. I know of no forensic report that estimated time of death.

Does anyone know specifically who provided the information about PB dying 6-12 mos. before her remains were found? I can't find a record of this anywhere -- and I'm not talking about the newspaper articles, because they don't substantiate that either. I know of no forensic report that estimated time of death.

Hi Craig:). This was an issue for us as well. I recall that in a newspaper article(I cannot find it right now--sorry), a Seargant, possibly Seargant Coffman of the Manvel P.D. stated that Princess Blue's remains may have been out there for either 8-12 months or 6-12 months.

In this description from the Doe Network(post #2):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1522836#post1522836

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48762

it states that her estimated time of death was between 6 months and a year. Since this is not info from the ME or coroner's office, I don't know how accurate it is. So, I researched what I could about the conditions of and rate of decomposition of remains left out in the open in a generally warm, humid, climate such as the Houston area. It does seem to fit, though we could use info from a body farm in this climate to estimate better. Unfortunately, there is no body farm in the area. And, because we have no conclusive evidence that it was 6 months to a year, we are open minded to any young woman or girl who disappeared up to several years earlier.

Lion

Thank you to each of you dear persons who are asking about my mom. She is still in the hospital and has had a feeding tube inserted. She feels slightly better with a little nutrition in her, and she may be going home soon. My sister will be staying with her to care for her. My mom is trying one last round of a new chemo drug, gemcitabine. If it works it may give her more time, but the cancer is terminal. This is a tough time for her and for all of us who love her. I hope that meds can reduce the pain. I can't stand the thought of her living her last short time on earth in constant pain.

Lion

Lion -- thanks, and my thoughts are with you and your mother.

I was just wondering if, since we don't know time of death, everyone's making this harder than it needs to be and she was actually a member of the class of 1975.

Craig,
We just don't know for certain when Princess Blue died. That's why we included the following statement in the letter sent out to 1975 REL Class Alumni.

Princess Blue’s skeletal remains were found at a known dumpsite off a county road (located near the juncture of County Road 101 and 288) in Manvel, Texas, on September 10, 1990. Manvel, Texas is located just south of Houston in Brazoria County. Her precise date of death is unknown. While it may have been as long ago as the 1970s, it was more likely in the late 1980s to early 1990. At the time of her death, she would have been 16 to 22 years old.

Lion -- thanks, and my thoughts are with you and your mother.

I was just wondering if, since we don't know time of death, everyone's making this harder than it needs to be and she was actually a member of the class of 1975.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. It just seems to make more sense that she died in the late 80's/1990. It's just frustrating that no one -- not even the investigators -- know for sure where the 6-12 mos. figure came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member