Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh thank you Elphaba, and good morning to you:)

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what bombshell Jbean will post for us today about the hospital.

Goodmorning, to you, as well. :)

I just read that financial aid is also out there for doctoral studies, as well. And yeah, I'm with you, I'm very interested to hear what the scandal is.

Ok just to give you guys who dont know a little info about student loans and financial aid. I was told that after I was awarded my financial aid and student loans that they take out my tuition fees and the rest of the money is to do with whatever I want. The fact that she had so many children already would pretty much guarantee her a lot of aid. I have 3 children and I get about 6000 a semester. After they take out for tuition I get about 4500 of it. Sounds to me like she has some serious issues and will do anything to get attention and money. I hate to say it like that but thats just what it looks like to me.

My mother was an only child and told my father (I assume this was before she married him) that she wanted 8 children. Ultimately, she gave birth to 9 kids, one of which died at birth (this was mid 1950s) and 8 who survived.

While my father worked three jobs to support us, my mother stayed home and took care of the kids while having baby after baby. When I look back now, I can see how she had a lonely childhood being raised by parents who were no longer in love with each other (in fact, my grandfather kept a longtime mistress!) and, as a result, she was emotionally distant with us kids. It was a chaotic household during our childhood and my mother had a hard time controlling all of us -- I am sure the neighbors thought that my parents let us "run wild" -- but we survived and all of us have college degrees and successful jobs. Most of us, however, do not have children of our own and I believe this is due to the difficult time we had being raised in such a large family and the distorted views we have of family life.

I feel for this woman and her children. I did not know there was such a thing as "Only Child Syndrone," but I guess if there is, my mother suffered from it! All 14 of these kids are going to need a lot of support, because IMO it takes a very special pair of parents to raise a large family-- and in this case, there is just one parent.

The Fox report this morning listed several cost estimates in addition to the $3 million that the hospital costs will amount to. The amount of the grandmother's bankruptcy filing was over $1 million dollars of debt. Seems that the lack of responsibility for finances runs in this family big time. One report said that the mother has not worked since 2002 which would be likely as that is 7 years and her oldest child is 7 or 8 now depending on what report you believe. Interesting that she has gotten $205 thousand dollars of disability payments and not one "friend" or "neighbor" or her PR firm or the doctors have mentioned a single thing about her being disabled in any way.

I will let you know what I hear when I hear it. My understanding is the scandal is regarding the hospital. Media would not report the story until thye had more confirmation.

I had to chuckle to day because I realized she has collected over 200K in benefits for a back injury.She just had octuplets. Probably not the best thing to do for a bad back.

She is supposed to leave the hospital today and the media is camped out in front of Kaiser hoping for a glimpse.

Her masters in counseling? Does that qualify as 'irony'? :bang:

Yes, I thought the same thing as you. Shows if you go to school long enough you can do anything.......:waitasec: Course that doesn't mean you are good at what you get qualifications in.

I will let you know what I hear when I hear it. My understanding is the scandal is regarding the hospital. Media would not report the story until thye had more confirmation.

I had to chuckle to day because I realized she has collected over 200K in benefits for a back injury.She just had octuplets. Probably not the best thing to do for a bad back.

She is supposed to leave the hospital today and the media is camped out in front of Kaiser hoping for a glimpse.

Interesting... I wonder if she's going to sue the hospital over HIPAA violations? :bang:

Radio is saying they are going to release the workmans comp information regarding the $205K paid to Octo-Mom

LOL Jbean octo-mom sounds like a superhero...:D sorry OT

I'm interested in her workman's comp claim. Why? Because I'm nosey.

:laugh:"Octo-Mom the superhero".... You all are killin me over here!

This story is reading like a good novel (and I'm nosey too!):blowkiss:

THat's what she is referred to on our local media.

This may have the information I posted earlier on it:
Starts around 6.25 on the podcast​

Octo Mom 4PM (2/4)​

Got to John and Ken that looks like the picture above. I cannot listen to it from here, but this is probably the broadcast I heard yesterday about the hinted scandal. You have to go by way of the above link and then to the podcast. The Play link won'r work, I only posted it for a visual aid :)

Very interesting........Thanks, JBean!

We don't know what the story is....a pelvic infection or history of GI surgery might open an avenue to medical discovery that you were infertile without your having tried to get pregnant. If she was obsessed, she could have gotten a work up. We also don't know how many IUI cycles she might have tried before the first pregnancy (14 children ago).

I think she would have had a speedier process as someone using donor sperm than a married couple going through the paces. The worst part of my journey were doctors who assumed parts were working that later after many failed attempts were discovered to be nonfunctioning. And yes it did take me about 4 years to get recommended for IVF....but if I had been a single woman with no partner using healthy donated sperm, it eliminates male side of the equation being investigated for infertility and the problem of quality and quantity going up and down.

I know that people can have a work up and do other tests that will indicate infertility. The thing is that some of those tests are not always accurate and, again, people are generally expected to make some natural attempts at conceiving. I suppose she may have been trying to pass through all the loopholes that most people encounter when pursuing infertility treatments and eliminate the whole male infertility factor by skipping right over obtaining a male.

Honestly, the lack of a guy in this picture is only one of many problems. You can't deny that there is something seriously wrong with this picture, the way she obtained the money to fund it and the way the medical practitioners involved allowed things to spin out of control. We are just now beginning to see that even more, as Jbean's local news reports have indicated.

OKay I am waiting for th4 o clock hour report but a couple intersting thing in the 3 pm hour.
1. she has already done an interview with Ann Curry.
2. They pointed out that she was separated but not divorced from her dh and she was not working at the clinic physically but she never was actually terminated. An interesting parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie