GUILTY NV - O.J. Simpson charged in Las Vegas armed robbery, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSNBC just showed OJ entering the court house, with his big smirk. I hope this jerk is shown the Las Vegas courtroom isn't going to allow him to run a 3 ring circus like he was able to pull off in LA. :mad:

IMO it is going to be hard to find any juror who doesn't know who OJ is by now....

They are showing the juror selection, and the judge is a very no nonsense judge, she told one of the attorneys who once again raised the issues of severing the two defendants and them having separate trial NO, and she told him that the issue has been litigated by the supreme court and they have said NO so the trial goes forth with the two defendants,

it looks like it will drag on for a while, with many attorneys all loving the sound of there own voices

I understand that the Oj Simpson trial starts today and thought it was to be televised. I cannot find it on my tv, and I am wondering what station is televising the trial? Or if anyone knows what is going on with it. Thanks

I started a thread in the Trials section, and there is another one there now

Hopefullt the mods will merge them and put them where they think it is most appropriate

I started a thread in the Trials section, and there is another one there now

Hopefullt the mods will merge them and put them where they think it is most appropriate

OOPS...I thought I'd put it in the right place. Sorry. I'm new here. I'll get the hang of it soon.

Nice to meet you Jones. Some of the nicest people are named Jones. :)

http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/OJ-Simpson-jury-selection-begins-310613589.html

once jury seated trial expected to last 5 weeks, jury selection is interesting to watch just to see the amount of times the jurors lie, none of them it seems even though they live in Vegas have any knowledge of the case, or just a little knowledge

and the elephant in the room the OJ murder trial well none of them have an opinion on that, why they have all forgotten about it,
whatever happens in the trial imo he will never just be tried on the facts of this case, the previous aquittal for murder will hantg heavy on everybody, especially if the families of the murder victims from the previous trial attend
there is nothing that can be done to undo imo the wrong verdict in the murder trial,

the judge seems great though, she is funny and engaging, but brooks no dissent and keeps those lawyers in line, I think she will do all she can to keep the trial focused on these charges and keep that elephant out of the room as much as she is able

jury selection continues on today, it is live on CNN

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/09/potential-oj-juror-dismissed-i-felt-he-got-away-with-murder/

after 2 full court days only 8 jurors have been accepted - and they will go into the pool for further individual questioning, they need 40 jurors in this pool, then the pros and the defence have a no of challenges to kick out the jurors they do not want until they have 18 jurors, the 12 members of the jury panel and the 6 alternates

there was optimisim for a time that they were moving on quite quickly, but it appears to be a bit bogged down now, the judge does try to keep it mo0ving along and it is all quite good humoured at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine