GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

Home Invasion: Steven Hayes, Death Penalty (Video)
http://www./viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978675447

I agree, God bless Mr. Pettit. Just an observation, but I have noticed his hair is very long and was thinking that maybe this is to cover up scars after the severe beating he received. God bless his beautiful family too -- such lovely angels.

As always, Blessings to Mr. Petit and his family.

I admire this man so greatly.

What a tragic story and a brave man.

Goz

Thanks for the updates.

This guy is a real pig and may have been the mastermind behind the crime. Good article on Komisarjevky and his journals. Intelligent but none the less, an animal who put his intelleigence to use as evil.

Goz

Fair Use
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/12/connecticut.murders/index.html?npt=NP1

Snip
Komisarjevsky's journals and letters show a man of keen intelligence who "takes responsibility for masterminding [the Petit attack]," said Brian McDonald, an author who Komisarjevsky wrote to frequently from jail. "He takes credit for orchestrating what went on in that house."

Much of the writing, however, is rambling self-analysis about how the accused killer's own alleged childhood rape stoked his "menacing mind."
Snip

Komisarjevky's notes are pretty rambling. Who knows how much is true and how much is fantasy or boasting, etc. Whereas Hayes was apparantly very bothered by the media attention, Kom seems to relish it. I suspect at his trial he may very well testify himself and have some very shocking/hurtful things to say. I'm sure he realizes he almost certainly will get a death sentence and so has nothing really to lose. I think his arogance will not let him keep silent.

No, his type will have to testify. They never know when to shut up. Good, he will dig his own grave!!

Goz

By WILLIAM GLABERSON

Published: December 2, 2010

NEW HAVEN — On the day he was formally sentenced to die, Steven J. Hayes stood in a baggy orange prison jumpsuit in a crowded courtroom on Thursday and said he took responsibility for the crime that ended with the deaths of a Cheshire, Conn., woman and her two daughters. “I destroyed innocent lives,” Mr. Hayes said, “and took away a family, a family of very good people.”
Mr. Hayes said he was tormented by what he had done and deeply sorry, though he described himself on the day in July 2007 when he committed rape and murder in a home invasion with another parolee as “an angry monster I had never known.”<snip>“Death for me will be a welcome relief,” Mr. Hayes said, “and I hope it will bring some peace and comfort to those who I have hurt so much.”http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/03/nyregion/03cheshire.html?src=mv

Dr. Petit says in his statement that "he could go on for hours and hours". I could have read more about his life and wonderful family for hours and hours. It makes this senseless crime even worse...if that is possible. I sincerely doubt that Dr. Petit will ever practice medicine again...at least in the same capacity. It seems he is still suffering the effects of being almost beaten to death and I doubt the concentration necessary for his former position will ever be accessible to him again.

When the next trial is over next year, I wonder how he will put one foot in front of the other again. His sole passion for the last 3 years has been getting justice, not that there is any REAL justice, for the horrible crimes committed on his family and himself. I wonder what his motivation for the future will be when the legal process is done and that chapter in his life is closed. I was very happy to hear how much family he has locally and I am sure they have been a great comfort and very needed distraction for him at times.

I will be honest, his wife and daughters suffered horribly at the hands of those pieces of scum that decided that they were entitled to what the Petit's had worked their whole adult life for, but at times, I feel Dr. Petit is the victim who has suffered the worst fate. He knows every bad thing those men did to his beautiful wife and daughters, his physical limitations will probably forever alter his career path and be a constant reminder of that horrible night and he must somehow get up every.single.day and find a purpose to live. I have no idea where he found the strength to continue on as he has and be as gracious as he has by granting interviews and answering personal questions while reliving the hell of that night everyday in court, but I hope he finds it ten fold when both men are punished as much as our laws here in US will allow. I pray that he may find happiness again in his life, whether it be in his professional life, his personal life or both. May God bless him and his family and hold them tight when the times get hard or it seems unbearable to even get out of bed in the morning.

If I looked up the definition of hero in my own personal dictionary of life, Dr. Petit and his graceful, quiet and strong handling of this tragic event, that has destroyed his past, present and future, would be bolded and at the top of the list.

Oh my, that just broke my heart, reading Dr. Petit's impact statement. I knew his family was wonderful, but hearing his words just drove home how wonderful that family was.

Just a head's up to all of you interested... Oprah Winfrey will have Dr. Petit on her show on Thursday, Dec. 9th.
I saw the advertisement for it this afternoon.

OMG Dr. Petit's statement has me in tears, running down my cheek, and choking them back until it hurts.

I'm going to print copies of that and hand them out to everyone who thinks they have it bad and keep one for myself in case I start having a pity party day.

He is my inspiration in strength and the grace of God.

The entire Petit family case is so sad. My heart really goes out to him, I can't imagine what he's going through.

I don't watch Oprah, but I may tune in today just to see how he's holding up.

Oprah's show today had to be one of the toughest interviews I've ever watched. My heart breaks for him and his sister too.

His answer to Oprah about if he could ever forgive or if he feels the need to forgive the monsters who killed his family was the best I've ever heard. He said that one can forgive someone who causes an accident, hits you in the face and/or slanders you (not exact words). His point is there are many unkind things people do to one another that can be forgiven. He went on to say that he did not feel he could forgive evil nor should he have to as God doesn't require us to forgive evil. God hates evil.

I've not heard someone say this before on TV but it's the way I have always felt. It's not the peoples job to make evil doings acceptable by offering our forgiveness to those who are evil. Forgiveness is totally up to God imo.

If ever we were to go back to a system of an eye for an eye, I'd have no problem with someone taking these two behind the shed and putting a bullet in them. So I just answered my own doubts about the death penalty. When the crime is this cold hearted and there is no doubt who committed it, why do we waste our resources and concern over the perps well being? We should put our energies into developing educational systems on how to avoid people like this. If only, if only . . . that is what Dr. Petit said goes through his head all the time.

Somehow he has mustered up the strength to begin raising money for the Petit Family Foundation for Justice to honor the memory of his family.

Ohhhh doggone it, I had seen that advertized, will catch it on the playback tonight.

I have so much admiration & respect for Dr Petit.

Today is the lst anniversary of my husband's sudden death and I cannot even imagine what Dr Petit is going through. Nor his sister or the entire family.

I watched and cried for them. I thought Oprah did very well. I hope and pray they find peace one day in their lifetime. I don't know though. They still have another gruelling trial to go through.

I too liked his answer for forgiveness. Even Oprah did. In fact, I think he gave Oprah a few things to think about today. I don't think I've ever seen her so humble.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back