TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either had a partner at BD's house send the text message at 2 or he left his cell at his mom's drove to BD's send the text message, returned to mom's got cell and reuturned th BD's at 3 - sees DD around 4. Thinks he has covered his butt from 5:30 am to 3:00.

If you look back in the earliest news articles, you'll see them reporting that LE told them (the media) that Shawn came home at 1pm, and that's when Hailey said she was going to MB's (not her Dad's), and she left.

If you look at Billie's friend's posts (czgtz), you'll see where she says it came out during LE questioning the next day on Dec 29 of Billie and Shawn that Billie had assumed Shawn came home at lunchtime, 1pm, and that is the time she gave LE for when Hailey went missing.

Later (see my post upthread for the date), it changed to 3pm from 1pm.

Well technically, 3pm might have been early for SA to get home, especially if he usually got off work at 3pm. But then we know from the pings that unless someone else had his phone in Big Spring, he was likely not home at 3pm either.

And wouldn't BD have questioned that time right away when checking her cell phone and seeing that HD had sent a text from the house at 2pm? You can't make me believe that she didn't check that phone as soon as she found out HD didn't go to MB's.

Remember...true crime stories are her hobby.

MOO

Get Billie doped up that night so she does not ask him any questions and does not try to contact hailey.

Not sure it was...

Quote:
DUNN: Because they asked if there was a way they could get under the home to search. And I told them, sure, we`ll get them under there. There was a place that Clint, when he was here, he boarded up a long time ago so the dogs couldn`t get under there. But I know where it is and we can get them under there.

I do believe this was Billie speaking ABOUT Clint having sealed the hole in the foundation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATXtNPw5Ja8[/ame]

this is a video taken a few years ago in Colorado City Texas. There is also a you tube that shows downtown Colorado City. be careful you dont get the wrong state.

I thought this would help us to get some idea about this little town. (not this video per sec)

That wouldn't have worked. His job was to service ?wells? or something like that. He had a mobile job at various work sites.

Do we know if he used company vehicles/trucks to get to the various job sites? If so, could he have taken one and:
-left his car sitting at work thinking everyone would say they saw it there
-turned off his cell phone - without thinking to remove the battery yet
-drove to CC and picked up Hailey
-started getting worried about the phone trail and took out the battery just in case (he thought it wouldn't ping if it was turned off, but couldn't take any chance of being tracked at this stage)
-relocated Hailey and went to mom's in Big Springs
-put the battery back in his phone since the relocation was complete and he's not sure if the phone company can tell when the phone's off vs. battery removed (not suspicious to turn it off; very suspicious to remove the battery)
-headed over to mom's until 2:40 and gone back to the office to change out the cars around his normal shift end of 3:00 p.m.
-gone back to CC to make sure everything looked normal in the house (maybe started making calls to have a couch removed), got interrupted by DD...

We know from NG that his employer says he didn't quit and didn't get fired.
We know people saw him leave the break room with the Dr. Pepper, but we don't know if anyone saw him leaving in his own car, do we? We also don't know if anyone at his job even thought it was weird that he got a soda and split - we heard they thought it was weird in hindsight - after they already knew he concocted an altercation story.

Maybe he thought since people saw him in the break room and saw his car in the lot that everyone would figure he was working out in the field all day. Perhaps his car in the lot and the sighting in the break room were supposed to secure his alibi. Maybe his co-workers did indeed figure he was working on 12/27 and he did indeed go to work on 12/28. His alibi didn't start to unravel until an investigator told him they could trace phone pings even if the phone is turned off, for example, and he came up with the work altercation story under interrogation on 12/28 pm or 12/29. Perhaps his boss and co-workers weren't aware of anything unusual until LE went back and talked to the boss and learned the altercation story was bs and starting asking if anyone had actually seen him since he left the break room.

Bottom line:
I'd like to know about SA's normal work routine and if he had keys and access to a work vehicle. Did he often go into the field alone on assignment? In his mind, he'd be killing 2 birds with one stone if he was in a company car when he went back to Billie's house on 12/27 a.m.; (1) leaves his car at work to establish work alibi on 12/27, and (2) moves Hailey without having to worry about any evidence being found in his car... I don't think he knew for sure when phones do and don't ping. Heck, we are all smart and more informed about crime scenarios than most, but we kicked it around endlessly for days and I'm still a little confused! In some ways, I think we're giving SA too much credit.

Paid the next door neighbor to say he saw Hailey and to send the text??

" um I would like to hope that you're out there " I would post the link but I am new and have not figured it out yet ! but I am working on it ! JMO

The trouble with the timeline or family not sticking to one, is that the main players were not at the same place at the same time. When Hailey went missing, or was reported missing, Shawn was the only one at the house. Billie was at work. The brother came by later. And Clint nor his g/f remember seeing her that day or the day before.
I think the time of "last seen" changes because LE is either unable to confirm WHO saw her last and WHEN, or possibly new info has come out that changes it.
Sometimes even family members have a hard time keeping the details straight, because that's human nature. They may remember something the next day that just didn't occur to them initially. And this is the problem with people believing Billie is being inconsistent with her stories... she didn't remember EVERY tiny detail right at first, but remembered it later on, so she adds it in or corrects something.
I doubt that many of us would be able to recall any particular day with concise details or exact times. I know I left the house yesterday afternoon about 12:30, and went to an appointment, then stopped by Wal Mart and got back home around 4 p.m. We live approx. 15 miles from Wal Mart, so 20-30 minutes drive time, depending on traffic. I cannot tell you the exact amount of time I was at either place. I know that my husband left early this morning for an appt. in Dallas. I don't know the exact time he left. I have no witnesses who can verify that he was asleep in the bed all night, or what time he got up. So, if he goes missing, I can't give them any more than that... I didn't take notes.

Excellent points and well put! IMO this has been the reason for the inconsistencies and not that everyone is lying to cover up things. I don't see it as BDs story changing but that she is making the effort to correct information that was previously misunderstood or unknown.

I don't take daily notes of my life either.

And wouldn't BD have questioned that time right away when checking her cell phone and seeing that HD had sent a text from the house at 2pm? You can't make me believe that she didn't check that phone as soon as she found out HD didn't go to MB's.

MOO

Oh God, you're right! She did say she checked the phone and saw the text. Let me find it, and we can see if she says when she checked the phone.

How could SA write a review about something like a mask , with the HD hanging over him? Geez.... JMO

Perhaps the mask worked out very well with some of his "play acting"? :waitasec:

Where is that mask anyway? Was it taken by LE for DNA testing, hopefully?

If you look back in the earliest news articles, you'll see them reporting that LE told them (the media) that Shawn came home at 1pm, and that's when Hailey said she was going to MB's (not her Dad's), and she left.

If you look at Billie's friend's posts (czgtz), you'll see where she says it came out during LE questioning the next day on Dec 29 of Billie and Shawn that Billie had assumed Shawn came home at lunchtime, 1pm, and that is the time she gave LE for when Hailey went missing.

Later (see my post upthread for the date), it changed to 3pm from 1pm.

If your child was missing, would you just assume anything??

I can't understand why BD didn't grill SA up one side and down the other from the git-go. "Tell me EXACTLY what Hailey said, what she was wearing, did she seem happy, nervous, excited, was her hair combed, are you SURE she left at that time?", etc.

Also, cz told us BD first learned Shawn had not been fired on the Wednesday they were both interviewed by police.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5988445&postcount=216"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11[/ame]
But BD didn't kick him out of the house until several days later. Yet, we still have no reasonable explanation for his mistruthification. BD claims she just never got a chance to ask him.

Whaaaa???? :banghead:

IIRC

They are all listed here in the search warrant affidavit:

Just wanted to thank you for this. I have been trying to catch and keep up, but I missed this. It's been awesome having BeanE's timeline and links, as I have gotten so spoiled with forums and thread topics to look something up.

My gosh I want Texas Equasearch out there searching for HD now. Not tomorrow. Not next week or even next month. C'mon! How long are we going to keep spinning the wheels? What is the harm if they go in and clear the areas? :(

If he works out in the field I would suppose there were times that he would be closer to home and could go home for lunch. Could be that SA told Billie that was what he was going to do that day?

I think the question is - did/does Billie have any clue of what SA really does with his time??? I mean really..........

It is so frustrating. I wonder how DD is holding up....

If you are posting in this thread,please make sure you THANK the opening post so we can be assured you have read the guidelines. No thankin' means no postin' Thanks everyone for your cooperation.

lol, I hope the FBI did give BD a phone, lol. Oh waittttttttttt.............maybe she just figured out it was bugged and that's why the call 911 message came about, maybe it was to SA. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Oh hold on! We also heard about those mean LE taking her phone, but now they might haver given her one to replace it? People need to get their stories straight.

:waitasec: You making fun of me teh? :waitasec:

Seriously, I looked for the old post but couldn't find the one that says the phone came from _______. I will go back and delete and I humbly ask forgiveness for my haste in posting. I would bow down, but I can't get the extra smiley page to work, so please imagine me bowing. :truce:

Well I'll be darned if I can find it, but I swear I can hear Billie's voice and see her face saying that she looked on her phone and saw the message to MB.

This is going to drive me crazy until I find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57