Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing is everything.

-FBI in touch with Macon LE yesterday afternoon

-TOD info now known (possibly)

-Lauren's remains now released

-Presser in the A.M.

IMO, an arrest is coming. *crossing fingers*

I wondered if they stated that date becuase they just don't know and since she was discovered on the 30th they just included it becuase they can't prove not really without autopsy revealing a TOD by looking at decomposition.
On the other hand, did anyone read where there was mention in an article that she hadn't been dead long?
with that info, and the fact she was discovered on the 30th, overlooked on the 29th by LE, someone must've had to get the body to the dump quick, and knowing when trash pickup was too, but then there was the odor.
AND, recall the freezers removed to VA for forensic tests? She might have been in there until Wednesday, frozen, (if there was power to the freezer) and so was overlooked WEndesday becuase the body was preserved slightly?
Sick to think about but it did occur to me that it could have been stowed away until Wed or Thurs 29th/30th for trash pickup.

I think the time of death statement of on or shortly before June 30 was made before LE received more detailed info from the FBI. They would have to include June 30 because they know she was dead on that date as her torso was found on that date. "Shortly before" June 30 would, IMO, include the days of Saturday through Wednesday of that week. The term "shortly before" is relative to what people perceive it to be.
I think the MPD have been receiving detailed info from the FBI for a couple of weeks now. My opinion as to why SM's attorney hasn't demanded a bond hearing before now is because he knows what some of that evidence is at least. He may feel that the evidence is damaging to SM and that Macon would be a safer place with SM behind bars. He may feel the evidence is helpful to SM and until the police publicly acknowledge this, SM is safer behind bars.
My take on the pictures of SM is that he is totally lost in this process be he guilty or not guilty. I don't have an opinion of him based on his pictures because that is subjective to the person forming his/her opinion.

:floorlaugh:
I think so.

Just checking...

I think I'm bemused by why someone would want to run (breathing hard, breathing deep!) in a place filled with that kind of odor. Not that I doubt the word of whoever posted it...I'm just missing something here.

If Lauren's TOD was on or shortly before Thursday, June 30th, then I wonder what time the purchases were made at Wal-Mart?

This info is dated from an article July 24th. I don't know if it was updated July 24th, but was actually an earlier article ? (because I am pretty sure I read this article prior to Sunday, July 24th, but could be mistaken). ETA: The comments section start July 19th, so, I do believe this article was last updated July 24.

I don't know how long this TOD June 30th information has been on the Macon Website, as it is listed next to Lauren's picture, and not included in any articles that I can find. The timeline matter here, I think.

I wonder if SMcD is a frequent purchaser at Walmart? Are the Walmart stores in Macon open late or all night? How close is the Walmart? Did LE find the receipts for his purchases in his apartment, did they see him on video at Walmart or what?

All of the Wal Mart's here are open 24 hrs a day. The closest one is about 2-3 miles away.

They have only said that they were looking at receipts of McD's purchases from Wal Mart. No mention of how they found them (if they found an actual receipt or are looking at bank/credit card info). No mention of video either, but I'm sure Wal Mart has security footage. (especially that closest one - it's in a bad area)

Just checking...

I think I'm bemused by why someone would want to run (breathing hard, breathing deep!) in a place filled with that kind of odor. Not that I doubt the word of whoever posted it...I'm just missing something here.

There are alot of underground tunnels around downtown Macon, probably used to be sewer ages ago, but not now. I've seen a news story on them...totally unrelated to this case, but I'll try to find it.

Still wouldn't want to be down there...I imagine they're dark and creepy.

The Walmart that appears to be closest to the Barrister Hall is open 24 hours.

We shouldn't jump to conclusions yet about TOD. When a body is found and exact TOD cannot be determined, the death certificate will show the date found as the date of death.
Determining date/time of death could be made difficult by the remains being refrigerated, possibly frozen, soon after death, if that actually happened. It could account for the coroner's statement that she had died recently, or hadn't been dead long (can't remember exact words right now), which is relative, anyway.

About underground tunnels in macon, more infor here, quotes below.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/southatlantaflickr/discuss/72157605669153626/

"The catholic church, Hay House, COleman Hill and Rosehill Cemetary all share access with the tunel network. The monastary discussed here is another part of the networks. Macon houses many significant occult vortexes or energy points which have been preserved over time and which house symbols, statues and buildings according to ancient geometric significance."

"
There is also a rather vast underground network of interconnected tunnels and facilities beneath Macon, GA. The existence of this hidden city is actually widely known about but kept very quiet by the locals. I have been trying to organize an expedition for sometime but gaining access is strictly forbidden. I have contacted individuals who have documented and explored some of them and the evidence is quite amazing. I am also aware that entrance can still be gained through an empty vault in Rose Hill cemetary where an entrance to the system has not yet been sealed to the public, although entrance into the vault is a violation of law and could result in crimal charges. It is owned by a high level masonc family. This particular tunnel runs all the way to the City Hall building before branching out into the rest of the network (allegedly)"

I did some googling and found this doc that details one of the runs the group did in the sewer.

http://mgh4.com/documents/trashes/hash1.doc

As a side note, I'm using "sewer" and "drain pipe" interchangeably. I don't know the first thing about drain pipes so sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology. :)

We inspected the tunnel at Rose Hill Cemetery several years ago and there is a lot to be said about it. If SM went to Mercer undergad, the odds of him not knowing about the tunnels are slim to none.

Not trying to change the topic of the last several posts but I noticed something from a link that Harry Potter shared yesterday

http://www.macon.com/giddings/

the heading article there by LG's picture states:

"Mercer University law school graduate Lauren Giddings, who was last seen June 25, was killed sometime on or shortly before June 30, 2011. Part of her body was found next to her apartment building on Georgia Avenue in downtown Macon. Police are investigating the case, but no one has been charged in Giddings' death. The hunt for whoever is responsible has prompted one of the highest profile police investigations in Macon in years."

This is the first piece I recall being worded like this, ON OR SHORTLY BEFORE JUNE 30TH.....

now I'm wondering different things again.

I am glad you brought that up. I for some reason thought that LE said there did not seem to be any sign of torture, but then they did not have her whole body so I wondered how they knew this for sure. Am I making this up? I am confused and saddened at the thought of what could have possibly taken place.

If I were a family member, I would want to know every detail, but then I would NOT want to know every detail.

I was not going to do this to myself. I was just going to sit back and let the information unfold as it was presented. Darn this site! If I were young and could do it all over again I would be going to school with Angelanalyzes and be a detective. Am I the only one that wants to make a dry erase board with a timeline on it like they do on Law and Order and try to figure this out?
It is none of my business for sure, but because I live close to Macon and know of people who knew Lauren, I feel like I might hear something that might be a clue or trigger some memory of anything that will help LE....which they may not need. I can't tear myself away.

It is just such a small apartment complex that is RIGHT on a very busy road. How could no one have seen anything?
My husband will have ME at a therapist before this is all over.

So, can somebody help me out on this Hash Harrier thing?

It seems to be a bit cat and mouse, like a game, and I am wondering if I have this right?

Of course, the reason I am asking, is since it has been suggested that Lauren's remains have left in different places to taunt LE, I am wondering about it, that's all.

Hash:

Each run is led by a runner designated ahead of time as the Hare, who lays a trail for the other runners (the Hounds) to follow.

Not trying to change the topic of the last several posts but I noticed something from a link that Harry Potter shared yesterday

http://www.macon.com/giddings/

the heading article there by LG's picture states:

"Mercer University law school graduate Lauren Giddings, who was last seen June 25, was killed sometime on or shortly before June 30, 2011. Part of her body was found next to her apartment building on Georgia Avenue in downtown Macon. Police are investigating the case, but no one has been charged in Giddings' death. The hunt for whoever is responsible has prompted one of the highest profile police investigations in Macon in years."

This is the first piece I recall being worded like this, ON OR SHORTLY BEFORE JUNE 30TH.....

now I'm wondering different things again.

TOD (time of death) or Date of Death in a case such as this is determined by when the body is found and will be listed on the death certificate as such. Not when the actual crime of homicide was committed or when the medical examiner thinks the person might have died.

If you looked at most missing persons death certificate you will find this to be true.

Zahra Baker’s death certificate is a good example. Zahra's step-mother said she died on September 24th but she was not found until October 26th. And October 26th is the date listed on the death certificate.

Antinette Keller is another that comes to mind.

Article about Zahra: http://www.***********.com/2011/01/death-certificate-lists-zahra-bakers-cause-of-death-as-pending/

My father loves dogs and travels by the law school on the way to work some mornings. When they announced that Lauren was missing he just kept saying "I hope it is not that pretty girl that I see walking with the little dog." When he saw her picture he was really shaken up.

So, can somebody help me out on this Hash Harrier thing?

It seems to be a bit cat and mouse, like a game, and I am wondering if I have this right?

Of course, the reason I am asking, is since it has been suggested that Lauren's remains have left in different places to taunt LE, I am wondering about it, that's all.

I think it can be either a chasing game where they try to catch the "hare", or it can just be a game for everyone to make it to the end. It's non-competitive and it looks like they just make trails through weird places and run them. It would be a challenge as well to find and follow the correct trail. I actually think it sounds like fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress