Killing Fields North - Montgomery County

I believe the perp(s) did cross county lines in some cases and if we searched other states we would probably find the exact same MO's there. I'm thinking Louisiana
but I haven't checked. I have enough here for now! lol

If the heat was on, some of these perps just might have moved on or they could have been people who traveled in and out of the area on a regular basis.

Hard to know but of the few who were caught, I believe at least two were caught in another state. Louisiana and NC if my memory serves me correctly.

Thanks so much. You seem to have a pretty good handle on this. You are so right, this is overwhelming! I'm still wondering about the weapon of choice, a .22. I wonder if that is just the gun used most often during that period of time. I'm not up to speed on guns.

Also, those that were strangled. I noticed a difference in how they were listed. Whether it was just the spokesperson or if there is a difference, I don't know.

For instance some were listed as strangulation, ligature strangulation, manual stranglulation. Some with the use of a toothbrush. Some with stockings stuffed in their mouth.

Is manual with the hands only and is it the same thing as strangulation? Is stuffing something in a person's mouth the cause of death or was that in addition to strangling them.

Subtle differences but possibly important. I'm not sure. Would the same person use different methods to strangle a person and shoot the next victim? Can a perp be identified if they change their MO on each victim?

These murders don't appear to be the same person but identifying who was murdered by one perp is tough!

Manual would be the hands. ligature would be used with a rope string and the toothbrush. this method causes a slow death or fast death depending upon the person doing it. turn it slowly and take them to the brink of death, then release it and have them regain consciousness. Its used for torturing the victim. As far as the pantyhose. Its my theory the hose in the mouth is not what killed them. It was the killer using something to shoved the hose farther down her throat which cause her to choked to death. Another form of demonic pleasure. They enjoyed letting there victim know she was going to die and it would be a slow agonizing death.
ALL MOO.

Manual would be the hands. ligature would be used with a rope string and the toothbrush. this method causes a slow death or fast death depending upon the person doing it. turn it slowly and take them to the brink of death, then release it and have them regain consciousness. Its used for torturing the victim. As far as the pantyhose. Its my theory the hose in the mouth is not what killed them. It was the killer using something to shoved the hose farther down her throat which cause her to choked to death. Another form of demonic pleasure. They enjoyed letting there victim know she was going to die and it would be a slow agonizing death.
ALL MOO.

This is a really perverted sick individual or individuals as the case may be. I didn't understand the reason for the toothbrush or the pantyhose.

Wasn't there another serial killer very well known who used this method. Was it Rodney Alcala or am I thinking about the wrong person?

The bite marks on some victims is another thing. All the victims weren't bitten. Only a few and only one was biten and strangled with her panties. This is something I've also seen in another serial killer (both the bite mark and the strangulation with panties) but can't remember who it was and haven't been able to find it anywhere I've looked.

Another possibility is that a serial killer, let's say from somewhere in or around Montgomery County owned a beach house at any of the beach or fishing locales off south I-45. If we have a person traveling back and forth between Galveston and Montgomery Co. routinely, it could lessen the number of possible suspects. it's a straight shot down I-45, and 68 miles or approx. 1 1/2 hours depending on traffic from Conroe to League City.
It's an hour and 40 mins. depending on traffic to get from Conroe to Galveston Island. This is not an unreasonable assumption to make distance wise. Much could depend on what kind of job a person had and how much free time he had.

I haven't taken a look at any time lines or checked out all the missiing or deceased women yet, but we could very well have at least one killer familiar with both territories, enough so that he felt completely comfortable operating in either locale. Obviously, some deaths have been attributed to certain people, but for the numerous others who remain unaccounted for as to their killers, we could look for a tie in between Galveston, Alvin, League City, Seabrook etc., and Montgomery County.

Thanks for all your work, JeannieC in looking up these old, cold cases. It's something that really needed doing, and is going to be so very helpful.

I want to add a very famous Texas case out of Montgomery Co. to this list, and that is the case of
Cheryl Dee Ferguson, a Bellville, TX volleyball player who was killed at Conroe High School August 23,1980. Clarence Brandley was framed, tried, convicted, and sentenced to death row for her murder, only to be released 10 years later. Two other names pop up as possible suspects, who like Brandley were employed at the school as janitors. I can't for the life of me understand why neither was ever charged, and one of them is possibly the killer of leisha Jackson, a Montgomery Co. girl. WTH was going on up in Montgomery County, and why haven't these men ever been charged? In the Ferguson case, the two were identified by eye witnesses as grabbing the girl who pleaded for help. In the other case, the possible perp lived a stone's throw from the victim, per info garnered from another site with similar focus as WS.

So here we have two cases with one possible perp involved in both. There are other murders that possibly fit. Wether or not this guy had any ties to the bays and beach locales, I haven't the foggiest as yet. But if not him, perhaps another possible perp might be out there who does have ties to both areas.

I remember the Bradley case well, I went to Conroe High School. The I45 killings spooked us all out, well into the 90's. (and yes, we all assumed they were related from Conroe to Galveston)

In 1976 the population of Conroe was close to 17,000. I doubt it would be that much more in 1979.

"Two and a half hours after she was last seen at the pier deputy L.B. Robinson arrived at the home of Lesia’s parents."
source: [PDF] PoliceNews Mont. Dec07
thepolicenews.net/html/tpnpwdec07.pdf

The population of Conroe proper may be decieving given that it didn't take in the population of the surrounding communities. My brothers graduating class at Conroe High in 1976 was almost a thousand students. This was long before the Woodlands, Oakridge and even New Caney had new schools for students in outlying areas.

I remember the Bradley case well, I went to Conroe High School. The I45 killings spooked us all out, well into the 90's.

The Bradley case is baffeling. Well, all of them are. I can't imagine living there during this time. Well, actually 30 years of it!

The thing I don't understand is with DNA testing why more of these cases haven't been solved. Makes me wonder if the perp(s) were under the radar. No arrests, never in trouble. Possibly to all appearances, regular people.

The idea of a beach house and possibly traveling to Montgomery County makes sense. Live one place, work another maybe?

Traveling salesman, local trucker, taxi driver, tow truck driver, delivery person. Lots of possibilities!

I wish I were better at maps. I'd love to have a map with all the areas where the persons went missing and the areas where the bodies were located. Maybe an overlay map. All the victims not just those in the fields. Montgomery County to Galveston.

Might show some kind of pattern or possible routes. Maybe not.........

We do need a good timeline. I'll try to get that worked up for all victims. Might take a while. I'm recooperating from a hospital visit and keep getting sleepy. lol

Might have a pattern in the timeline especially with the inclusion of Montgomery County.

Can't hurt to look at every possibility. Put our heads together and see what we think.

The Bradley case is baffeling. Well, all of them are. I can't imagine living there during this time. Well, actually 30 years of it!

The thing I don't understand is with DNA testing why more of these cases haven't been solved. Makes me wonder if the perp(s) were under the radar. No arrests, never in trouble. Possibly to all appearances, regular people.

The idea of a beach house and possibly traveling to Montgomery County makes sense. Live one place, work another maybe?

Traveling salesman, local trucker, taxi driver, tow truck driver, delivery person. Lots of possibilities!

A beach house or local truck driver would definitely make sense. Galveston is the closest salt water, so a fisherman was my first thought. We spent many, many, many weekends in Galveston. As a matter of fact, that was where I was born.

The general thought was that this was someone that lived in the Conroe area and traveled frequently to Galveston. Even as Conroe grew it was a pretty close knit community, especially before the new schools farther out were built. Everyone went to school together. (like the link above that shows the population in 1796 as 17k, there were almost 4k students in the high school alone at that time.) So if you didn't know someone directly, you knew them through someone else. I think that is why more of the bodies turned up on South 45, instead of his own backyard.

That yes, he was a normal guy that wouldn't stick out.

eta: I need to go back and read up because I haven't followed up on any of these cases in a loooong time.

A beach house or local truck driver would definitely make sense. Galveston is the closest salt water, so a fisherman was my first thought. We spent many, many, many weekends in Galveston. As a matter of fact, that was where I was born.

The general thought was that this was someone that lived in the Conroe area and traveled frequently to Galveston. Even as Conroe grew it was a pretty close knit community, especially before the new schools farther out were built. Everyone went to school together. (like the link above that shows the population in 1796 as 17k, there were almost 4k students in the high school alone at that time.) So if you didn't know someone directly, you knew them through someone else. I think that is why more of the bodies turned up on South 45, instead of his own backyard.

That yes, he was a normal guy that wouldn't stick out.

eta: I need to go back and read up because I haven't followed up on any of these cases in a loooong time.

I hadn't thought of a fisherman. Do they have commercial fishing in the area? Canneries? Fish being moved from one area to another on a regular basis?

Are there a lot of people who live there on a seasonal basis?

I wish I were better at maps. I'd love to have a map with all the areas where the persons went missing and the areas where the bodies were located. Maybe an overlay map. All the victims not just those in the fields. Montgomery County to Galveston.

Might show some kind of pattern or possible routes. Maybe not.........

We do need a good timeline. I'll try to get that worked up for all victims. Might take a while. I'm recooperating from a hospital visit and keep getting sleepy. lol

Might have a pattern in the timeline especially with the inclusion of Montgomery County.

Can't hurt to look at every possibility. Put our heads together and see what we think.

I would like to think that the LEOs have already done that.
They should have a map created over time that shows everything in detail. From dates times found etc etc etc.

And it is visual aids such as this you mentioned, that I wish they would release so we could use it as a tool here in the killing fields.

A better name would have been "The killers field"

I would like to think that the LEOs have already done that.
They should have a map created over time that shows everything in detail. From dates times found etc etc etc.

And it is visual aids such as this you mentioned, that I wish they would release so we could use it as a tool here in the killing fields.

A better name would have been "The killers field"

I agree. I have found several maps but none that included everyone and none that showed the entire area. That's what we need. Too bad LE doesn't have one out there for us to use. I'm sure they have one or more than one!

The devil's in the details and we don't have it together yet! I've got to find a good mapper! lol

http://www.woodlandsonline.com/dbs/sheriff/files/File/COLDCASE.pdf
January 12, 2002 – 20000 block of Hwy 105 East, Cleveland, Texas
SYNOPSIS: On January 12, 2002, MCSO Deputies met with a citizen
that had purchased an iron cauldron at a flea market located in the 20000
block of Hwy 105 East, Cleveland, Texas. The cauldron contained
books on the occult, along with a human skull. Investigation revealed
that the above articles had been purchased from a self-storage unit in
Houston, Texas, after nonpayment of rent. MCSO Cold Case Detectives have submitted the remains for DNA testing and submission to the
Missing Persons / Unidentified DNA database.
OK.....throw things at me if you want, I just have to say it..........Be careful what you leave in your storage unit!

I certainly would like to know what the end results were after this was investigated.
9 years later.

I agree. I have found several maps but none that included everyone and none that showed the entire area. That's what we need. Too bad LE doesn't have one out there for us to use. I'm sure they have one or more than one!

The devil's in the details and we don't have it together yet! I've got to find a good mapper! lol
Maybe a member here will show up whom lives in the area, and can ask for them to release it to us.

I don't see where it would be a negative in there investigation.
Would save some lots of time in trying to recreate something they put together over time and in much detail.

I certainly would like to know what the end results were after this was investigated.
9 years later.

So would I! I wasn't able to locate info on Doe to see if someone was identified or not. Probably not..............jmo

I'd love to know if they were able to locate the person who rented the storage building. Since we haven't heard anything further I'm guessing....no.

Maybe a member here will show up whom lives in the area, and can ask for them to release it to us.

I don't see where it would be a negative in there investigation.
Would save some lots of time in trying to recreate something they put together over time and in much detail.

It certainly would, especially if I try to do it! LOTS of time! lol We have a few locals, maybe one of them can try to get it for us. Sure would be nice.

The remains of the women -- dubbed Jane and Janet Doe -- were found in the "killing fields" of League City, where two of the killer's other victims, who have been identified, were found.

The bodies of Jane and Janet Doe have been in a box at the Galveston County morgue, their identities unknown.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...ims-remains/UPI-80311320709137/#ixzz1d4FzJE3I

I really hope and pray they will be able to identify these two young women and notify the families. Allow two families to have peace in knowing what happened to their loved one and bury their daughters.

Hi everyone,

I'm not trying to move in on your thread, but I ran across a victim that I don't recall having listed. I happened to read a few concerns voiced in here.

In regard to the fisher idea: I posted some information about a killer who detailed to police that he always kept fishing poles, tackle box and fishing license with him when he was out looking for victims. I believe this is the one that killed a prostitute and got pulled over afterward. The police searched his car and found her fingerprints, blood and hair. All that evidence was thrown out of court because there was no warrant obtained prior to the search.

Regarding why DNA hasn't been performed on more of the victims: these cities don't get funding for cold cases. This lack of funding prevents an appropriate investigation department from being present, and diverts activities of police to primarily handle active crimes and drug enforcement.

Which leads me to the third point I wanted to make: the lack of organization and investigation prevents LE from putting all this information into a cohesive map or other database. The cities down here are notorious for not sharing information. This is why FBI got involved. However, they aren't even accounting for many of the victims - case in point: Darlynn Foster.

From a prior post -
ROY ALAN STEWART

Sexual assault, strangulation and dumping near bodies of water is his MO. If water isn't around, he finds farm areas and leaves them underneath overturned water troughs. He was known to carry his fishing poles, fishing license and toolkit with him, as an aid to provide alibi.

He had 9 arrests for sexual assault and intended sexual assault (as of the late 1970's); he killed two women in 1971, and another one in 1974 (all in Amarillo); He got out of his 99 year sentence by pleading guilty in exchange for 15 years + 1 day, and was in prison from 05/17/1975 to 09/08/1982. Shortly after his release, they began finding bodies again.

In 1988, a black woman's body was found on the border of Brazoria county near Highway 288 (which crosses I-45); due to the condition of her body, it was assumed there was a big fight/struggle prior to her death. Shortly thereafter, while under surveillance, he was pulled over in Houston while trolling an area frequented by 'ladies of the night' and his car was searched. HPD found that his windshield was broken, the dead woman's fingerprints were inside the car, and hair matching the victim's was present. Because of the search without a warrant, none of this evidence could be used.

In 1989, he was arrested for delivery of a controlled substance with a prostitute in Freeport, and was sentenced to 11 years and 5 days. He was back out of jail rather quickly though.

He was arrested again on 06/06/94 for aggravated kidnapping of a young prostitute he picked up in Bay City. He took her to his home in Brazosport, assaulted her, and tied her up but she escaped. He is eligible for parole in 2024.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/TPNMar11.pdf

Hi everyone,

I'm not trying to move in on your thread, but I ran across a victim that I don't recall having listed. I happened to read a few concerns voiced in here.

In regard to the fisher idea: I posted some information about a killer who detailed to police that he always kept fishing poles, tackle box and fishing license with him when he was out looking for victims. I believe this is the one that killed a prostitute and got pulled over afterward. The police searched his car and found her fingerprints, blood and hair. All that evidence was thrown out of court because there was no warrant obtained prior to the search.

Regarding why DNA hasn't been performed on more of the victims: these cities don't get funding for cold cases. This lack of funding prevents an appropriate investigation department from being present, and diverts activities of police to primarily handle active crimes and drug enforcement.

Which leads me to the third point I wanted to make: the lack of organization and investigation prevents LE from putting all this information into a cohesive map or other database. The cities down here are notorious for not sharing information. This is why FBI got involved. However, they aren't even accounting for many of the victims - case in point: Darlynn Foster.

From a prior post -
ROY ALAN STEWART

Sexual assault, strangulation and dumping near bodies of water is his MO. If water isn't around, he finds farm areas and leaves them underneath overturned water troughs. He was known to carry his fishing poles, fishing license and toolkit with him, as an aid to provide alibi.

He had 9 arrests for sexual assault and intended sexual assault (as of the late 1970's); he killed two women in 1971, and another one in 1974 (all in Amarillo); He got out of his 99 year sentence by pleading guilty in exchange for 15 years + 1 day, and was in prison from 05/17/1975 to 09/08/1982. Shortly after his release, they began finding bodies again.

In 1988, a black woman's body was found on the border of Brazoria county near Highway 288 (which crosses I-45); due to the condition of her body, it was assumed there was a big fight/struggle prior to her death. Shortly thereafter, while under surveillance, he was pulled over in Houston while trolling an area frequented by 'ladies of the night' and his car was searched. HPD found that his windshield was broken, the dead woman's fingerprints were inside the car, and hair matching the victim's was present. Because of the search without a warrant, none of this evidence could be used.

In 1989, he was arrested for delivery of a controlled substance with a prostitute in Freeport, and was sentenced to 11 years and 5 days. He was back out of jail rather quickly though.

He was arrested again on 06/06/94 for aggravated kidnapping of a young prostitute he picked up in Bay City. He took her to his home in Brazosport, assaulted her, and tied her up but she escaped. He is eligible for parole in 2024.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/TPNMar11.pdf

BBM

Its everyone's thread........your's too! Great information. Glad you posted it. Great post by the way!

On the left is Michelle in 1997; on the right is to age 25
prasek_michelle.jpg
prasek_michelle_ap.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/p/prasek_michelle.jpg
http://www.charleyproject.org/images/p/prasek_michelle_ap.jpg

Missing Since: December 19, 1997 from Spring, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Case # 97A016936
NCIC Number: M-084467461
Case Number: R9806003; NCMC841540
Date Of Birth: April 13, 1985
Height and Weight: 5'3, 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Michelle has a scar or birthmark on the palm of one of her hands.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A tan t-shirt with the Calvin Klein logo, CK, imprinted on the front, jeans and Nike tennis shoes.
Michelle was last seen by her mother, Beth Prasek, at her family's residence near The Woodlands, Texas during the morning of December 17, 1997. Beth told authorities that she saw her daughter less than one hour before Michelle's school bus was scheduled to depart. Michelle may have boarded her bus and been on school property that day, but she did not attend classes at Knox Junior High School. She has never been heard from again. A search of her home revealed that her pet orange cat, Froggy, was missing, along with some clothing, a green sleeping bag, and a handmade patchwork quilt. Several of Michelle's friends told authorities that they were uncertain if she actually arrived on school property the day she disappeared. Another friend maintained that she saw Michelle on campus during the morning hours.

Michelle did not have a prior history of running away at the time of her disappearance, but she apparently told a friend she intended to leave her residence and travel to the Conroe, Texas area in December 1997. Michelle's parents are divorced and she had been attending counseling sessions at Montgomery County Youth Services to help her deal with family issues at the time she vanished. Beth said that Michelle was learning to deal with her anger in 1997. One of Michelle's relatives allegedly failed a polygraph test concerning her disappearance and another loved one reportedly refused to submit to the test. All maintain they know nothing about her whereabouts and continue to search for her. Media sources allege that Richard Prasek, Michelle's father, was the only person who passed a polygraph exam concerning her case. Her mother, Beth, allegedly refused to take the test and her boyfriend, Mark Seguin, reportedly failed the lie detector. The information has never been confirmed by law enforcement.

http://www.montgomerycountycrimestoppers.org/dyncat.cfm?catid=3457

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6541/0/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/prasek_michelle.html

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=2896.0

http://www.nampn.org/cases/prasek_michelle.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=841540&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

cm972.png

http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps2/cm972.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie