LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
one and two are the same truck

Yes I believe that's true but someone else asked that we not jump to conclusions. To me it looks as if the two pictures of the white truck near the gas station are the same truck. The truck with the cover looks to be a different truck.

I've been trying to catch up all night and have read a few posts where peeps are questioning if the covered truck is the same truck too. :waitasec:

Mamoo, there are 2 photos of the car from different cameras. The one I keep referring to, with no time stamp, is taken on st Landry.
LOL typasus3 ... I deleted my post because as I kept reading along I finally realized, thank to other posters helping us understand, what you were saying. I didn't realize at the time that car had turned on to St. Landry. Sheesh, so confusing but I think we're starting to get a somewhat clearer understanding about these vehicles and where they were at what time.

Would like to say I finally got a chance to help search today. We can't say where we searched but they are leaving no stone unturned. My search spots today were very wooded but I saw parties out in different types of environments. I also met a LOT of great people. I am pooped though! I got a call with the rumor about Post Office while we were headed to our last location. I think it is just a rumor, they moved headquarters to a bigger arena and they were still sending out search parties after this rumor began.

The trucks - the 2 that are in the same pic as the Circle K are def the same truck, in one it is travelling the same direction as Mickey (and had the same cars at the Circle K as when Mickey passed) and in the other, there is a new car as well as the other car there when Mickey passed and the truck is going in the opposite direction. I need to go back and see whether I can see how it might have a bed liner.

Thank you for letting us know. I waited all day to hear they found something. I guess no luck.

How is it going with Tim Millers group in charge? Is he still there or has he left a team in place.

Yes I believe that's true but someone else asked that we not jump to conclusions. To me it looks as if the two pictures of the white truck near the gas station are the same truck. The truck with the cover looks to be a different truck.

I've been trying to catch up all night and have read a few posts where peeps are questioning if the covered truck is the same truck too. :waitasec:

I think the third one on university could be the same it could all be one truck but the third one looks alittle smaller to me.. jmo

Two truck picks side-by-side. Notice in the one traveling the same direction MS was the dark car is at the gas pump on left side and the light color car is not there yet ... same as when MS passed the station. The light car is there when the truck (assuming it's the same truck) comes back toward University in the left turn lane.

34ez5o1.jpg

The article is poorly written and doesn't help to clarify anything about the vehicles.

-------------------------------------------Article from 5/26/12, 5:37PM

"The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled.

It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows.

The second truck is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.

The third vehicle is an 80's or 90's 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel."

----------------------------------------------

Useless imo.

Am I the only one who thinks those are 2 different trucks?

Let's look at the photos again:

#1: original photo of vehicle of interest

bilde

#2: Photo described in the Advertiser article as being a different truck, a Chevrolet Z71,
driving in the same direction as Mickey.

bilde

#3: Photo of a truck, with a bed cover and tinted windows, described by the Advertiser as being the original truck,
taken at 1:51.27 at an as yet undetermined location (can any of you locals help out here?).

bilde

I think it becomes obvious as to the difference between the two trucks if you look and the angle of the center post between the front seat and back seat windows.

I wonder where photo #1 was taken. It couldn't have been from a screen grab from the video on Versailles, since the time stamp was later than the other images of Mickey.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...stigation?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

Ok. Finally. I don't know why I have been messing with KATC and the weird ambiguous way they phrase things.

If you follow this link, you will learn that the truck shown turning left onto University.....traveling away from the direction Mickey was headed.....is indeed the SAME truck shown traveling on University near the graveyard.

So there cannot be a person in the back of the truck shown in the left hand turning lane. Because regardless of how it looks in that picture, the truck definitely has a bed cover and a closed tailgate.

No, one and three are the same, two is different.

Click the Advertiser link. :blowkiss:

Let me try to get everything straight in my own thick head here once and for all.

The truck we saw yesterday facing the opposite direction from the way MS was seen facing, that is truck 1. truck 2 is the new picture of a truck that was released today and is facing the same way MS was seen facing. These two trucks are the same truck. I think this - do others agree?

There is a third picture of a truck. That truck is a different truck altogether - I think using the numbers is messing me up. Two trucks, three pictures. Truck 1 is the one we knew about yesterday and truck 2 we learned about today. There are two pictures of truck 1.

I brought some pictures forward as well as the article from the Advertiser that, unless there is a new article in your post above, made nothing clear to me based on the way it is written.

Yes, that's very possible, but crazy strange that they didn't catch anything on tape, if that's the case. It's not much further than the gas station (220 St. Landry) and there were people out and about (in view... long view, but view) and there are a few buildings in a row that might have cameras. It just seems like waiting to catch up with her another block or two down would've been a better choice for a kidnapper. Awfully risky right there.

I know this area well and we looked right there today.. if you go to street view on google map by the circle k go down st. landry right on the side of the lus building is a parking lot that cuts to the street on the other side azeala me and my fiance went through it.. she could have very easily cut a right into that parking lot instead of continuing down into darkness and just a longer route than necessary. My fiance used to ride bikes alot and he said if it were him he would have rode in there and came out on azeala to st. mary and all surrounding streets lead to coliseum drive... which is where the caution tape i saw today was.

Thank you for letting us know. I waited all day to hear they found something. I guess no luck.

How is it going with Tim Millers group in charge? Is he still there or has he left a team in place.

As of this morning for sure, he's still there. I can't remember seeing him between searches, but he was probably not in the main room. He brings a lot of expertise, organization, and best of all HOPE to the search.

I think all 3 are the same truck. The top pic from last night, the truck is in the left turn lane to head north on University. The pic of the truck where the bed cover is obvious, is heading north on University. I assume they can check the time stamps on the various cameras and synchronize to figure out WHEN they would expect to see last night's truck cross the cemetery on University... If they did that and feel confident enough to proclaim it as the "original" truck, then I am sure they are on to something. Seeing what could be the same truck in the top-right corner of the St. Landry pic of the old Cadillac is chilling to me.

Good grief! I need a case file to keep up with this stuff....I am utterly and totally confused about the vehicles. The original truck photo we had yesterday showed the white truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey on her bike. Today, we have what appears to be the same truck facing in the direction that Mickey was riding in. Am I doing well so far? (If so, please feel free to nominate me for Sleuther of the Year!).

The other truck...the one that is not seen near the Circle K....is another truck. Then we have the car. Is this in line with the truth? If not, I will never unravel this mess. So to keep me from discouragement, please agree with me!

Just find Mickey! Whatever it takes! (And please hurry)

Good grief! I need a case file to keep up with this stuff....I am utterly and totally confused about the vehicles. The original truck photo we had yesterday showed the white truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey on her bike. Today, we have what appears to be the same truck facing in the direction that Mickey was riding in. Am I doing well so far? (If so, please feel free to nominate me for Sleuther of the Year!).

The other truck...the one that is not seen near the Circle K....is another truck. Then we have the car. Is this in line with the truth? If not, I will never unravel this mess. So to keep me from discouragement, please agree with me!

Just find Mickey! Whatever it takes! (And please hurry)
LOL I hear ya!! I'm very perplexed about the truck with the bed cover heading North on University especially if it's not the truck (maybe 2 different trucks) seen in the two photos by Circle K.

mickey1.jpeg

pic2.jpg

mickey2.jpeg

pic1.jpg

So, what is the sequence here? At the gas pumps, was the dark and light car there first, with the car leaving, or was the dark car and then the light car also pulled in?

It seems pretty damn clear this truck (and I think all three white trucks may be the same) could have been following her by driving around the blocks.

This is the best sequence of the pictures so far. Thanks for posting this!

mickey1.jpeg

pic2.jpg

mickey2.jpeg

pic1.jpg

So, what is the sequence here? At the gas pumps, was the dark and light car there first, with the car leaving, or was the dark car and then the light car also pulled in?

It seems pretty damn clear this truck (and I think all three white trucks may be the same) could have been following her by driving around the blocks.
seeing this in order gave me chills.

Guys... I'm not sure that the truck on University has a bed cover at all. What we're perceiving as the bed cover is really just a convincing illusion of motion blur and the sheet metal under the back glass.

M5AZ6.png

Someone asked if she got a text as well. There was an interview in which BW said she received a text after the call, But I cannot remember which one

Now that we know that BW is telling the truth about how his and Mickey's night unfolded and how she left his house to bike home as she had done so many times before, I'd like to say something.
Brettly, when I listened to you describing your relationship with Mickey when you were interviewed in the noisy gymnasium, I recognized that you two have reached a higher level of being and a higher level of friendship that seems rare these days. In our sex driven society it is my opinion that so much of life's real meaning and the art of practicing behaviors within relationships that bring genuine connection, fulfillment and intellectual joy have been lost. As I listened to you speak of MS's interests and how she focuses on her own pursuits and, as her friend, you were (I hope 'were' becomes 'are') able to take part in those interests too, I was inspired.

Today it seems that topics of conversation revolve mostly around who is doing what with whom and who is not fitting into our own molds, etc. The focus today seems so often to be on the other guy versus growing our own selves and developing our own interests. Friendship is a wonderful thing and appreciating one another like it seems you two do is a relationship to be forever cherished and grateful for. Anyway, the generous quality I noticed about you when you spoke about MS is one that I don't often notice anymore. Thank you for being a good example. You appear to be a great friend and person. My condolences for what you have been through and are going through on Mickey's behalf.

Hi all - I have been lurking from the beginning of Mickey's disappearance and finally decided to join in. This situation touches me so deeply as Brettly and Mickey remind me so much of my oldest son and his friends. My son went to UL several years ago. Upon arriving, he quickly befriended several cyclists/vegans and changed his way of life tremendously. He is very giving, caring and would do anything to help anyone in need. He still to this day 9 years later bikes all over New Orleans instead of driving. He bikes during all hours of the day and night and I do worry about him doing that but it is his love, his life and he's a 27 year old man now, so what can I do but pray that he stays safe.

From the beginning I could never fathom to believe that Brettly was involved as I know my son would/could never do anything to harm one of his friends. My boy has a girlfriend but has also has several friends that are girls just like Mickey. Thank you Woe for speaking up on behalf of Brettly and for touching my heart even more deeply. I still believe that Mickey will be found alive hopefully well, there is just something pulling at my heartstrings telling me that she is out there somewhere. We all just need to keep praying for her safe return and that in the end she will be able to recover and heal from whatever ordeal she is going through.

My 'thanks' button is outside the margins. The whole page has expanded and the right side is cut off. What's up?

One of the photos posted large and has blown the margins.

My 'thanks' button is outside the margins. The whole page has expanded and the right side is cut off. What's up?

I do believe notlaw's pic blew the margins - can you edit it to just the link perhaps?

Now replaced with a thinner image... should be better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth