Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new trial to follow. Any suggestions?

I will probably be following the Raven trial, and the Taft one. And then there are those retrials in Knoxville. Can't recall the names right now, that young couple that was car-jacked, tortured, raped and murdered. All four defendants need to be retried because the judge at the first trials turned out to be a drug addict. Pity is, none of the defendants can be found guilty or punished any worse then what they got during the first trials. Bummer, IIRC only one of the four defendants got the DP first time around. :(

I will probably be following the Raven trial, and the Taft one. And then there are those retrials in Knoxville. Can't recall the names right now, that young couple that was car-jacked, tortured, raped and murdered. All four defendants need to be retried because the judge at the first trials turned out to be a drug addict. Pity is, none of the defendants can be found guilty or punished any worse then what they got during the first trials. Bummer, IIRC only one of the four defendants got the DP first time around. :(

Messed up isn't it? They get new trials because of an idiot judge and get a better chance at a lesser sentence. Why not start ALL OVER? Two different playing fields.

The legal system in the US needs to take a new look at victims and their families, instead of breaking its back to make sure MURDERERS get their "Twinkies" every morning. I'm sick of it!

I need a new trial to follow. Any suggestions?

I will be following the Drew Peterson trial and hoping for an arrest in the murder of Lisa Stebic and it makes me sad that there hasn't been an arrest yet.

I will be following the trial of Raven Samuel Peters Abaroa for the murder of Janet Christiansen Abaroa, but no trial date has been set.

Thanks I just read last night that Raven plead to manslaughter. Awful. That was the one I was hoping the victim was finally going to get justice.

Thanks I just read last night that Raven plead to manslaughter. Awful. That was the one I was hoping the victim was finally going to get justice.

Where did you read that about Raven pleading out?

You're kidding! I didn't see that. Manslaughter! What a rip-off. What is he getting? Do you know? :(

Hi everyone. I'm new here after lurking for much of the Jason Young trial. Thanks for having me.

Honest question - has there ever been a trial followed closely by WebSleuths where a majority or even a significant number of users felt the defendant was not guilty? If so, would someone mind pointing me in the direction of that thread? I'm just trying to figure out the "lay of the land" here. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone. I'm new here after lurking for much of the Jason Young trial. Thanks for having me.

Honest question - has there ever been a trial followed closely by WebSleuths where a majority or even a significant number of users felt the defendant was not guilty? If so, would someone mind pointing me in the direction of that thread? I'm just trying to figure out the "lay of the land" here. Thanks in advance!

The only one I've seen is the murder of Meredith Kercher, British Erasmus student, in Perugia, Italy. The threads here primarily supported Amanda Knox, who was convicted, spent four years in jail, and then released on appeal. That appeal is being appealed.

Hi CaryDad. Welcome!

There were a significant number of WS members who felt Amanda Knox and her then-boyfriend were innocent of the Meredith Kercher murder. This is the Perugia Italy case. I was one of those who came to be a firm not guilty. There are those who think she is guilty, so it's not 100%. That thread is on WS somewhere.

I'm sure there are other cases as well, but I've only followed a few here.

Here in NC, we're going to have the Jason Williford case up soon (April) out of Wake County. Judge Gessner is his trial judge. In Durham, Raven Abaroa is coming up soon as well. We may have a trial date for Grant Haze and his wife Amanda Haze this year as well. I believe Boz is on that case. At one point Klink was Grant Haze's attorney, but I know he's been through so many now, I am not sure who his current attorney is.

I don't know if I can watch another trial in NC. If it is online, I will try, but I have a tough time with the laid back style of the attorneys, both sides.
It is tough for a northerner to get with the flow, jmo. :seeya:

Hi CaryDad. Welcome!

There were a significant number of WS members who felt Amanda Knox and her then-boyfriend were innocent of the Meredith Kercher murder. This is the Perugia Italy case. I was one of those who came to be a firm not guilty. There are those who think she is guilty, so it's not 100%. That thread is on WS somewhere.

I'm sure there are other cases as well, but I've only followed a few here.

I wasn't here for it, was elsewhere, I mean, but I think there is quite a dispute on the JonBenet Ramsey case. On that one, I've never believed it was either of the Ramsey's. Don't know if I'm in the majority or minority on that one here.

O/T

I got new speakers and cake and new socks for my B-day.

:rocker: :floorlaugh: :rocker: :floorlaugh:

Guess if you bug the sunshine enough he :truce:

Thank you my son. :) :heart:

I wasn't here for it, was elsewhere, I mean, but I think there is quite a dispute on the JonBenet Ramsey case. On that one, I've never believed it was either of the Ramsey's. Don't know if I'm in the majority or minority on that one here.

In the JonBenet forum at WS, most people believe the Ramseys were involved. However, I have read people's opinions about the case all over the Internet, and I would say it's about 50/50 now. Both sides are very passionate, have plenty of information to back up their claims, etc.

It does seem in most cases, the majority of people believe that the main suspect is guilty. And when someone pops up screaming that Casey Anthony or whoever is innocent, you get the feeling that they are just doing that to be controversial or special.

In the Danielle Van Dam case, there was an entire forum with people who believed that David Westerfield was innocent. Due to the circumstances of the case, I think that was pretty unusual. You normally don't see people who commit those "abducted from the bedroom" type of crimes being defended like that.

Do you really think this will result in a mistrial? Not likely, jmo.

I think there are several factors in play--including the jurors own statements to the media about using his silence against him--which will result in a mistrial.

JMO

I think there are several factors in play--including the jurors own statements to the media about using his silence against him--which will result in a mistrial.

JMO

I have not heard any juror say they held it against him :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members