Validictorian to be deported

I was shocked about it. I remember when it first came out in the news that it was going to happen. There are many, many intelligent children all over the world. Unfortunately, we can't take them all in. There are terrific schools in England. Maybe he'll be lucky enough to get into one of them.

Just curious where you got England? He is from Armenia... no excellent schools there...

Just curious where you got England? He is from Armenia... no excellent schools there...

I meant that there are excellent schools in England, so while he can't study here any longer, maybe he would be able to study in England to finish up!!

I meant that there are excellent schools in England, so while he can't study here any longer, maybe he would be able to study in England to finish up!!

Ahh okay, I gotcha. I triple read the article because I thought I missed something. :D

It might be as hard for him to get into England as it is to get into/stay in the US. But the European Union is working on a higher education program which is meant to better the quality of universities in a.o. Armenia. See http://tinyurl.com/5koyg2

Maybe he won't be SOL out of luck education wise, but I wouldn't bet on it yet. This might come too late for him...

Ahh okay, I gotcha. I triple read the article because I thought I missed something. :D

It might be as hard for him to get into England as it is to get into/stay in the US. But the European Union is working on a higher education program which is meant to better the quality of universities in a.o. Armenia. See http://tinyurl.com/5koyg2

Maybe he won't be SOL out of luck education wise, but I wouldn't bet on it yet. This might come too late for him...

Well there are other countries with good schools. Hopefully, he'll land in a good one!!!

I think they should all be on their way out. We have children in this country who need things too.

Where did your family emigrate from? Who do you think should all be on their way out? When will you be embarking on your voyage of return to your ancestral country? Looking forward to your trip??

I will never understand the hatred towards immigrants in a country composed almost entirely of people decended from immigrants.

This kid landed as a baby in a country with decent higher education. Just like you or your ancestors did. He has a country. America.

Where did your family emigrate from? Who do you think should all be on their way out? When will you be embarking on your voyage of return to your ancestral country? Looking forward to your trip??

I will never understand the hatred towards immigrants in a country composed almost entirely of people decended from immigrants.

This kid landed as a baby in a country with decent higher education. Just like you or your ancestors did. He has a country. America.

I'm PRETTY sure my family came her LEGALLY. Who should be on their way out? Anyone who isn't here LEGALLY.

There is a little "new" news on this case. Apparently when they came here they did so on a tourist visa that expired in 6 months. So they did overstay their visa. Just shows how inept are system was and unfortunately still is that we can't locate those whose visas have expired and deal with the situation before 16 years goes by!

There is a little "new" news on this case. Apparently when they came here they did so on a tourist visa that expired in 6 months. So they did overstay their visa. Just shows how inept are system was and unfortunately still is that we can't locate those whose visas have expired and deal with the situation before 16 years goes by!

They just overstayed them a "little bit" then.

Does anyone else in this thread notice the irony in sending a smart person OUT of the United States? We need as many as we can get. :)

Does anyone else in this thread notice the irony in sending a smart person OUT of the United States? We need as many as we can get. :)

If the population were given the choices of who stays and who goes, then my vote would be for this guy to stay. However, I think we've got a hell of a lot of smart kids in the United States and IF we had all of the resources that were being used unnecessarily on ILLEGALS, they may get even smarter still. Just my little ole opinion.
:)

I think he and his family are being deported because they AREN'T Mexican. It's reverse discrimination to prove that discrimination against Mexican's doesn't exist.

This was posted in the PP, but I didn't think they would mind it being shared:

GOTTA LOVE HIM....A MUST READ...PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR...READ THIS!

The Plan!
?

Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says 'I love New York ' in Arabic.

You gotta love Robin Williams ......Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

'I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan.'

1) 'The US will apologize to the world for our 'interference' in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and t he rest of those 'good 'ole' boys', we will never 'interfere' again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East , and the Philippines . They don't want us there. We would station our troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave.. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are.. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in.
If you don't like it in your country change it yourself and don't try to hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-1 1 cashiers.

5) No foreign 'students ' over age 21. The older ones are the bombers.
If they don't attend classes,or they get a 'D' it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of their wells filling up their storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not 'interfere.' They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. ! Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us 'Ugly Americans' any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH..learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

'The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' '

If you agree with the above forward it to friends..If not, and I would be amazed, DELETE it!!

Don't worry, there are many other's. In our high school alone 25 were in the final run for the Valedictorian title. All had a grade point average over 4.23! Incredible! There are some great kids out there!

I'm PRETTY sure my family came her LEGALLY. Who should be on their way out? Anyone who isn't here LEGALLY.
Only pretty sure, huh? It is facinating to me that people who don't even know if they are here legally are so hateful towards others. So what, has your family been here ILLEGALLY for longer than 16 years? Why do some people feel like they are the only immigrants allowed into America? Where does all the hatred come from? I just don't get it. If you hate all immigrants, then what do you see reflected in your mirror?

Only pretty sure, huh? It is facinating to me that people who don't even know if they are here legally are so hateful towards others. So what, has your family been here ILLEGALLY for longer than 16 years? Why do some people feel like they are the only immigrants allowed into America? Where does all the hatred come from? I just don't get it. If you hate all immigrants, then what do you see reflected in your mirror?

I'll let Jeana speak for herself, but I can assure you that I don't hate all immigrants, but I want all ILLEGAL immigrants sent back to their native country, and I want our borders protected from illegal entry. An immigrant is someone who was born elsewhere and came to the U.S. at some time during their lifetime. It has absolutely nothing to do with their parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. FYI, prior to WWII there were no immigration quotas, so anyone who came in before then did so without paperwork or visas. All they needed was a boat passage, a job, and good health. It was only after WWII that the influx of so many war refugees necessitated some restriction and quotas on how many immigrants we could absorb in a defined period of time.

Wanting our borders protected against illegal entry cannot be interpreted as "hating all immigrants." Please get your definitions straight. Jeana is not an immigrant. I am not an immigrant. Both of us are descended from immigrants. My mother was a first generation natural born citizen. Her mother was an indentured servant from Norway. The immigrants on my father's side came here in the 1600s. I am an AMERICAN, and proud of it.

I'll let Jeana speak for herself, but I can assure you that I don't hate all immigrants, but I want all ILLEGAL immigrants sent back to their native country, and I want our borders protected from illegal entry. An immigrant is someone who was born elsewhere and came to the U.S. at some time during their lifetime. It has absolutely nothing to do with their parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. FYI, prior to WWII there were no immigration quotas, so anyone who came in before then did so without paperwork or visas. All they needed was a boat passage, a job, and good health. It was only after WWII that the influx of so many war refugees necessitated some restriction and quotas on how many immigrants we could absorb in a defined period of time.

Wanting our borders protected against illegal entry cannot be interpreted as "hating all immigrants." Please get your definitions straight. Jeana is not an immigrant. I am not an immigrant. Both of us are descended from immigrants. My mother was a first generation natural born citizen. Her mother was an indentured servant from Norway. The immigrants on my father's side came here in the 1600s. I am an AMERICAN, and proud of it.
OK, so all immigrants before WWII are essentially illegal. Perhaps they need to be processed, granted temporary visas, and then deported to their ancestral countries when they stay here too long, just like all of the more recent immigrants...in order to even out the playing field. There is no reason that the people who snuck into this country before a certain date have any more right to be here than the people who were born at a later date.

I appreciate your insights, Pepper, as I appreciate all of your thoughtful comments. Anyone who is not Native American is decended from immigrants. I just do not understand why there is such a virulent hatred of immigrants by a small handful of posters on some of these pages. Especially when they themselves are decendants of immigrants.

This valedictorian is also American. It is the only home he has known. I'll bet he was quite proud of it, too, but now he is probably just terrified.

America can do better than to terrorize her best young people.

Your family illegally immigrated in the 1600's? So your family has had the benefits of life here for 400 years, yet this kid with sixteen years upon his head needs to go to some unfamiliar country where his ancestors came from?

Are you willing to send your teenagers back to live forever in whatever country your ancestors came from in the 1600's? Fair is fair.

OK, so all immigrants before WWII are essentially illegal. Perhaps they need to be processed, granted temporary visas, and then deported to their ancestral countries when they stay here too long, just like all of the more recent immigrants...in order to even out the playing field. There is no reason that the people who snuck into this country before a certain date have any more right to be here than the people who were born at a later date.

I appreciate your insights, Pepper, as I appreciate all of your thoughtful comments. Anyone who is not Native American is decended from immigrants. I just do not understand why there is such a virulent hatred of immigrants by a small handful of posters on some of these pages. Especially when they themselves are decendants of immigrants.

This valedictorian is also American. It is the only home he has known. I'll bet he was quite proud of it, too, but now he is probably just terrified.

America can do better than to terrorize her best young people.
I didn't say that at all! There was absolutely nothing illegal about immigrants who came here before WWII! As long as they had boat passage, a job and were in good health, they were allowed to stay. THAT MAKES THEM LEGAL! And furthermore, they didn't sneak in here! Many came through Ellis Island. Have you ever been there? I have! It's quite an educational process! Admission was not guaranteed even though they spent a week or more on a ship. If the immigration agent thought somone in the family looked ill, they were detained for days, weeks or even months before being cleared, and in some cases sent back.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I believe this Armenian family is being discriminated against because THEY ARE NOT MEXICAN! I am not in favor of them overstaying their visas, but they are being made an example in a reverse racism plot because they are white and because they didn't come across our southern border. But this family originally came here bearing valid visas. They didn't sneak in. They just didn't go back when their visas expired.

I do not hate immigrants, and I think it is wrong of you to make that generalization. I want all immigrants to stand in line, obtain the proper paperwork and quit cutting in line by sneaking across the border. And I think that once their illegal status is uncovered they should be sent back immediately.

The problem is that our government is not committed to stopping illegal immigration or immigration fraud. If they were we would
Replace easily forged paper social security cards with a tamper proof national id card.
Actively and thoroughly seek and stop counterfeiting government documents used by illegals to fool prospective employers.
Increase border patrol agents along our southern border.
Encourage cooperation between ICE and local police to identify illegals and deport them when discovered.

Unfortunately our government isn't really concerned about solving this problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back