GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

Thanks guys! I had to run out to finish my christmas shopping! My kids are coming home in next few days! I hope to be around tomm for verdict if there is one!:innocent: I think atwater took her ipod and gave it to girlfriend. moo bordem, he will not go to central prison until he is 25? :seeya:

Tick Tock.......

lovette and atty sitting very still....looking at the paper copy of jury instructions while the judge reads.

camera panned in close from behind on lovette and atty. I couldn't even tell if they were breathing or not they were so still.

thank goodness for live web cams!

I do hope LA is at least a little worried about things. Oh, I hope he can't sleep tonight... Grrrrr. Freak. Animal. IMO.

This irritates me. Atwater CANT be called as a witness and defense knows that. But she makes an imcomplete assertion here to give the impression that the state is hiding something. That is wrong.

Why can't Atwater be called as a witness? I didn't know that.

Lunch!!! Final instructions this afternoon. woohoo! court resumes at 3:00

CORRECTION....The (handsome) judge instructed the jury to return at 3:00.

bbm
Yes, matilda -- by all means, let's be accurate here!!!!:blushing:

Jury is out.

Live feed is ovah!

Now we wait.........

Here we are, folks!

:coffeews: ..:websleuther: .. :sigh: .. .. :lipssealed: .. :countsheep: .. :waiting:.. :abnormal: .. :sigh: .. '' :candle: .. :waiting: .. .. :lipssealed: .. .. :HHJP: .. :abnormal: .. :waiting: .. :sigh: .. :coffeews: .. :websleuther: ..:candle: .. :waiting: .. :coffeews:

Thanks guys! I had to run out to finish my christmas shopping! My kids are coming home in next few days! I hope to be around tomm for verdict if there is one!:innocent: I think atwater took her ipod and gave it to girlfriend. moo bordem, he will not go to central prison until he is 25? :seeya:

They usually don't -- one young'un that was convicted of 1st Deg Murder, Ryan Hare, is similar to our LA. Hare was just days shy of his 18th birthday when he organized & was the main participant in a horrible & senseless (aren't they all?) murder of a one-time friend of his .... He was convicted in September, 2010, and he is at Polk. He won a LWOP award for that horrible act on a pretty good kid about his same age. He is in "Close" custody, but has only had one infraction -- and he is not quite the same type as I view LA to be (since I know it all -- hah!). Polk is a close-custody prison but it is also approved to house inmates assigned to maximum control, intensive control, disciplinary segregation and safekeeping status inmates. And I should correct my stmt. that Polk houses 19 -- 25 y/olds and not 18 y/o's as I had said previously.

Foothills houses 18 -- 25 y/olds and also is a close-custody facility. He could go there. And there certainly may be more like those two as well.

Another case I followed is the one in Cary, NC, where the husband strangled his wife -- he said she had gone jogging, but he actually had already dumped her body in a cul-de-sac about a mile or two from their home. Brad Cooper, 38 y/o, convicted of 1st Deg Murder, is now lodging at Central, and he is also a winner of the LWOP award.

We'll just have to be patient!! And cross our fingers for Eve's and her family's sakes. :maddening:
icon8.gif

:woohoo: .......... :goodpost: ....... :skip: .......... :websleuther::cheer: ............. ..............:yesss: ........... :cheer:............ :party: ............... :balloons: ...............:fireworks: .............:yesss: ............... .:fireworks2: ................:jumping: ........... :toast: ............ :cloud9: ...........:thumb: ...............:smiliescale: ............ .............

:justice: ..................:justice: .................:justice:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10518672/

Laurence Alvin Lovette Jr. will spend life in prison after being convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death of UNC-Chapel Hill student body president Eve Marie Carson more than three years ago.

The jury of seven men and five women deliberated for less than three hours before returning its verdict Tuesday morning.

Lovette, 21, sat motionless as the verdict was read. Carson's family elected not to speak at a subsequent sentencing hearing

Lovette was also found guilty on charges of first-degree kidnapping, first-degree armed robbery, felonious larceny and felonious possession of stolen goods. He was sentenced to 100-120 months in prison on the kidnapping charge and 77-102 months on the robbery charge. Both sentences will run consecutively.

I am glad that Lovette will never be allowed to terrorize another innocent ever again!

wm

WRAL.s noon newscast will have remarks, etc., from some of the principals of the case. On now.

Use the same online entry or watch on TV.

A Good Day, folks, a good day!!

Prayers still needed for her family -- I'm sure their feelings are raw again after having gone through this, regardless of the verdict.

Thanks to matilda for keeping us updated!

I think that is interesting that Eve's parents chose to not speak before sentencing. I can understand that I think. While some family like to take that opportunity to talk about their lost love one, I would prefer to not do it in that forum. I'm sure they just wanted to be done with Lovette as fast as possible. They knew he would get a life sentence anyway so it really doesnt matter.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10518672/

Laurence Alvin Lovette Jr. will spend life in prison after being convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death of UNC-Chapel Hill student body president Eve Marie Carson more than three years ago.

The jury of seven men and five women deliberated for less than three hours before returning its verdict Tuesday morning.

Lovette, 21, sat motionless as the verdict was read. Carson's family elected not to speak at a subsequent sentencing hearing

Lovette was also found guilty on charges of first-degree kidnapping, first-degree armed robbery, felonious larceny and felonious possession of stolen goods. He was sentenced to 100-120 months in prison on the kidnapping charge and 77-102 months on the robbery charge. Both sentences will run consecutively.

I am glad that Lovette will never be allowed to terrorize another innocent ever again!

wm

Disregarding, for argument's sake only, the Duke grad student whom he allegedly killed for money like he did to Eve, I am sure he would have done it again and again until he was stopped. This is what he did. He could have put on a mask and hit stores and then leave in a hurry with money, but no, he liked to kill people. Incomprehensible to most of us.

Bravo to Judge Baddour and the Prosecutors and the CHPD, SBI and all the rest for bringing justice once again.

I surely do hope that the case involving the Duke man will start up soon. Maybe this time, he will just take a plea as he should have with the Carson case. The Durham County (I assume) taxpayers do not need to waste a dime on this man.

Disregarding, for argument's sake only, the Duke grad student whom he allegedly killed for money like he did to Eve, I am sure he would have done it again and again until he was stopped. This is what he did. He could have put on a mask and hit stores and then leave in a hurry with money, but no, he liked to kill people. Incomprehensible to most of us.

Bravo to Judge Baddour and the Prosecutors and the CHPD, SBI and all the rest for bringing justice once again.

I surely do hope that the case involving the Duke man will start up soon. Maybe this time, he will just take a plea as he should have with the Carson case. The Durham County (I assume) taxpayers do not need to waste a dime on this man.

There's not doubt in my mind that he would kill again. And I wouldn't doubt him demanding a trial by jury for the murder of the Duke student. It is like a field trip for lovette to be out of his cell and sit in a courtroom all day, imo. We will see I guess. do you know when that trial is set to begin?

YES!!! Bravo to (the handsome) Judge Baddour, and to the ADA who painted the picture and to the DA who tied it all up in a pretty Carolina Blue bow in the closing statements!

Justice for Eve at last!

Hi, matilda --

Somewhere in the remarks today, it was said that a date for the Duke student murder has not been set. Maybe they were waiting for this one to finish.:waitasec:

Hi, matilda --

Somewhere in the remarks today, it was said that a date for the Duke student murder has not been set. Maybe they were waiting for this one to finish.:waitasec:

I havent followed that case at all but there could be some consideration being given to not trying that case at all. Would probably be up to the victim's family.

I can't tell you how happy I am that this jury so quickly arrived at its verdict. This crime has bothered me simply due to its senselessness. The two were/are true evil that enjoyed killing. Robbery was their occupation; murder was their hobby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back