CA CA - Pamela Lambson, 19, San Francisco, 9 Oct 1977

norest4thewicked

True Crime Writer
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Police have stated that although they know that Alcala was the person who killed Pamela Jean Lambson in 1977 in San Francisco, they have closed the case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20040654-504083.html

This is most likely the reason that LE is not all that excited about the photos coming out. I think that other states might be interested, but California already has him and is a state in financial crisis. I hate it, but that seems to be a viable reason for their silence on this.

How sad for Pamela's family. I imagine that we are going to have case after case come out now. She was NOT in the photos released, according to the article.

As far as we know from the information released, they have not identified any of the women in the pictures as being one of his victims. I am starting to wonder if he destroyed any pictures of women he actually killed. Or kept them in a separate place.

For some reason...I am almost positive that I read somewhere that there had been some recognized who had been missing for years, but I don't know for sure where I read it or if I just imagined it. ?????

For some reason...I am almost positive that I read somewhere that there had been some recognized who had been missing for years, but I don't know for sure where I read it or if I just imagined it. ?????

No, you didn't imagine it, I saw it as well, but they haven't said which ones were identified as missing.

I think they said that in the beginning and then it seems like they backed off saying anything more.

I think they said that in the beginning and then it seems like they backed off saying anything more.

Probably because they don't want anymore cases. I understand the financial impact of this, but it just makes me so sad that there is no justice for some.:maddening:

This case and the laying of charges in the Hover & Crilly case tells me that LE is actively working on this case. I have never met these people in the pics but I'm tormented that I could be looking at their last moments, and want them to be found alive. I'm sure the dectective that see the worst of the worse of RA pics are not going to let it rest. I think at some point they will reveal what they have found. Maybe they are waiting on forensic, dental ID, reverse DNA etc.

This case and the laying of charges in the Hover & Crilly case tells me that LE is actively working on this case. I have never met these people in the pics but I'm tormented that I could be looking at their last moments, and want them to be found alive. I'm sure the dectective that see the worst of the worse of RA pics are not going to let it rest. I think at some point they will reveal what they have found. Maybe they are waiting on forensic, dental ID, reverse DNA etc.

Oh, I agree that LE in OTHER states besides California might still be working hard on it. I don't know how much CA is working on it due to the fact that they already have him on the death penalty and the state of CA is almost sunk. I think other states might be chewing at the bit to get him.

Pamela's mother said she already has "closure". Maybe others will feel the same, knowing the monster will never be free, and if he doesn't die of natural causes, will be put to death eventually. Probably some would be relieved they don't have to relive everything with another trial.

So he killed a Lambson and a Lamb. That may have been good for a cold-blooded chuckle, if he noticed.

Probably because they don't want anymore cases. I understand the financial impact of this, but it just makes me so sad that there is no justice for some.:maddening:

I think that is what bothers me most about this. It does appear that LE here in California released the photographs last year in an attempt to see if there were any other victims. However, they simply do not have the manpower nor the funds to fully investigate whether or not there are more victims of Alcala. I actually don't think they realized how many people would be interested and still pressing on to identify other potential victims. Thank goodness for inquiring minds and for the advent of the Internet. :woohoo:

I read somewhere (not sure where now???) that he is a suspect in murders on the East coast, but LE there are not going to pursue charges since he is now sitting on death row at San Quentin.

I think that is what bothers me most about this. It does appear that LE here in California released the photographs last year in an attempt to see if there were any other victims. However, they simply do not have the manpower nor the funds to fully investigate whether or not there are more victims of Alcala. I actually don't think they realized how many people would be interested and still pressing on to identify other potential victims. Thank goodness for inquiring minds and for the advent of the Internet. :woohoo:

I read somewhere (not sure where now???) that he is a suspect in murders on the East coast, but LE there are not going to pursue charges since he is now sitting on death row at San Quentin.

He has been charged with 2 other murders in New York. I just heard that they closed the case on Pamela Lambson because they didn't have the evidence. They said that although they are positive that Alcala was the killer, the DNA is too disintegrated to bring charges. Also, I read that her family just doesn't want to go through the trial, etc. After all, like you said, he's already on death row.

I believe there are dozens (if not more) that we will find out about. It will depend on the state whether or not they want to pursue it.

The original article on Lambson:

http://www.stevehodel.com/evidenceroom/?m=201103

20110307_073917_PamelaLambson_200.jpg

I wonder if there's a strong reason they believe this was Alcala and not Joseph Naso, who killed other women in the area and had a "girl on Mt Tam" on his kill list? Nasi also lured women by acting as a photographer, and bludgeoned and strangled them. Did the man Pamela was seen with look like Alcala, or was the business card one of his known aliases? I thought he'd been connected by DNA to this case, I didn't realize it was all circumstantial.

I heard about Pamela Lambson on the William Richard Bradford (photographer) websleuths boards. Wondering why investigators were apparently convinced Alcala was responsible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back