Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....wonder if Doug's two alibis are his mom and dad? Who has 2 alibis at 7:00 am? Most people would be getting ready/driving to work on a Monday morning at that time. As a truck driver, he might not have had to be at work that early....but perhaps his 'alibi' is that he was sleeping, that he was getting ready for work, etc, from his parents? We're they visiting his house?

Wouldn't he have had to show up to work that day at some point? Did he show up? I know it sounds nuts, but someone else would have to be involved--knowingly or unknowingly--because the other vehicle was missing. Could his parents be covering for him?

I'm still hung up on the vehicles missing and Doug refusing to tell the police where they were, leaving it to the police to search for the cars.

I think I read that forensics was just today going to his house to go over the vehicles.
I'd have thought that those vehicles would have been immediately impounded upon finding them so that forensics could go over them without the husband having a chance to clean them up. Maybe the police have kept the vehicles and Doug under surveillance until they could get a warrant on the vehicles.

Also, although Doug supposedly has two alibi witnesses, police still consider him a POI. I'd LOVE to know what those alibis are and who gave them. Also would love to know where he hid the vehicles.

I get the feeling that Doug is playing games with LE and with Venus' family. Hiding the car and truck, continuing to call the parents' home, unable to be located during the day that Venus disappeared until late that night, and then with alibis... this guy gets off on playing games with people. He thinks he's intellectually superior to everyone around him. IMO, he did this, and he thinks that LE is too stupid to figure it out... he thinks he's already gotten away with it.

All IMO.

I've not seen any reports that he hid the vehicles or refused to tell police where they were. If they went to his home to do forensics, that's not very well hidden.

I've also not read exactly when it was they located the vehicles, or who located them. I suspect all this confusion about the vehicles may have more to do with different state and local agencies trying to work together and the resultant red-tape than anything else.

There is NO WAY Venus's mother is acting this grief!! If Venus 'faked an abduction' I can't imagine her being this cruel to her own parents and not telling them that she is ok.

I'm not saying that abductions don't happen in the mornings, but when was the last time an adult was abducted by a stranger at 7:30am. It just seems impossible to me that it could be anyone else--outside of someone who was paid by Doug.

Ok, taking this scenario a bit further...

If she plotted her disappearance (and assuming wanting to take the girls at some point too), I can see her mother being very grief stricken. She's still be losing her daughter.

If he wants to talk to his kids, he has to call them where they are living. Which is with the grandparents.

Do Doug or Venus have any criminal history?

I'm a newbie to WS, but I really don't understand why LE can't haul someone in for questioning when they do very strange, very obviously guilty things. Josh Powell on a camping trip in freezing temps with two children, Doug suddenly unable/unwilling to show LE where his vehicles are located???
Why in the world are people allowed to be so blatantly suspicious, yet not get interrogated regarding their actions.
Agh...

So, LE does now have both vehicles? When did they get them...and did Doug provide them, or did LE find them on their own?

Because we have rights protecting us against such abuse by the State.

Police are continuing to ask for assistance from anyone who may have seen Venus Stewart or a silver Mercury sedan with Virginia license plate XNP1453 or silver Dodge Ram pickup truck with Virginia license plate XNP1301. Both of the vehicles are registered to Douglas Stewart, Risko said.

Despite locating Douglas Stewart, police have yet to find the car or pickup truck, Risko said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/missing_st_joseph_county_woman_1.html

This is all I can find on the vehicles.

And let me say...

Going through what she's gone through... leaving her home with her children, moving to her parents, under alleged threat by her husband...AND in this economy. It is very possible that her parents wanted her to be with the children and look for work later after this all got settled.

The stress that she must have been under I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

(Just looked at Michigan's TANF requirements... Venus probably could receive TANF and food stamps, and possibly WIC for her children. There is no length of residency requirement in MI... your eligible for benefits as soon as you become a state resident.)
WIC for sure; TANF and food stamps? That's more involved, and it could be the parents' income is calculated too. For food stamps, I believe there has to be separate storage and possibly even cooking facilities (or some way to separate them from the others living in the household).

Hmmm....wonder if Doug's two alibis are his mom and dad? Who has 2 alibis at 7:00 am? Most people would be getting ready/driving to work on a Monday morning at that time. As a truck driver, he might not have had to be at work that early....but perhaps his 'alibi' is that he was sleeping, that he was getting ready for work, etc, from his parents? We're they visiting his house?

Wouldn't he have had to show up to work that day at some point? Did he show up? I know it sounds nuts, but someone else would have to be involved--knowingly or unknowingly--because the other vehicle was missing. Could his parents be covering for him?

His parents live in Michigan. They couldn't be the witnesses.

He doesn't need 2 alibis at 7 am. He lives almost 800 miles away. All they have to do is place him in Newport News area that morning or afternoon.

Wouldn't she have disappeared with the children too? To take off herself and leave them behind if they have been molested, doesn't seem plausible to me. I can't see her just disappearing because he could very well end up with custody of them. The children can't stay hidden for ever eventually the father is going to want his rights acknowledged.

They don't have to be hidden forever, all you need is a family member willing to be in contempt. Once hidden, after a period the children could be reunited with the mother and dissappear without a trace.

I'm still hung up on the vehicles missing and Doug refusing to tell the police where they were, leaving it to the police to search for the cars.

I think I read that forensics was just today going to his house to go over the vehicles. I'd have thought that those vehicles would have been immediately impounded upon finding them so that forensics could go over them without the husband having a chance to clean them up. Maybe the police have kept the vehicles and Doug under surveillance until they could get a warrant on the vehicles.

Also, although Doug supposedly has two alibi witnesses, police still consider him a POI. I'd LOVE to know what those alibis are and who gave them. Also would love to know where he hid the vehicles.

I get the feeling that Doug is playing games with LE and with Venus' family. Hiding the car and truck, continuing to call the parents' home, unable to be located during the day that Venus disappeared until late that night, and then with alibis... this guy gets off on playing games with people. He thinks he's intellectually superior to everyone around him. IMO, he did this, and he thinks that LE is too stupid to figure it out... he thinks he's already gotten away with it.

All IMO.

I don't know if there are any reports that he hid the vehicles.

And if he had been named a person of interest he would be stupid to simply hand over the vehicles. Most likely his lawyer advised him not to speak to LE at all at that point or do anything without legal representation present.

Ok, taking this scenario a bit further...

If she plotted her disappearance (and assuming wanting to take the girls at some point too), I can see her mother being very grief stricken. She's still be losing her daughter.

IF she did something like that, she and anyone else who helped her would be facing some very serious criminal charges and reimbursement of investigative costs. What seems like a great idea at the time can get out of control quickly when you don't consider the ramifications...maybe she thought she'd disappear for a few days and now she's frightened to come back?

I would want to know if she uses the internet or a cell phone and who she's been in contact with up until this happened. Could she have been dating someone in Michigan? They were separated before a few times, maybe she had a fling? Maybe she was chatting with strangers on the web?

Until there is proof that Doug did this, everyone in Colon should be very vigilant and treat this like there could be someone dangerous around...that's my opinion.

His parents live in Michigan. They couldn't be the witnesses.

He doesn't need 2 alibis at 7 am. He lives almost 800 miles away. All they have to do is place him in Newport News area that morning or afternoon.

As I said, perhaps they were staying with him, in Newport News. As for 'needing two alibis'.....I suppose you are correct, but that isn't what he said. He is quoted as saying that he had 2 alibis for the time Venus was abducted.

And if he had been named a person of interest he would be stupid to simply hand over the vehicles. Most likely his lawyer advised him not to speak to LE at all at that point or do anything without legal representation present.

Good point...once a lawyer is involved, everything is a negotiation and involves process and process takes time. If he had a lawyer for the custody hearing a week earlier, it's not a stretch to involve him right away when he was told about this disappearance. IMO

IF she did something like that, she and anyone else who helped her would be facing some very serious criminal charges and reimbursement of investigative costs. What seems like a great idea at the time can get out of control quickly when you don't consider the ramifications...maybe she thought she'd disappear for a few days and now she's frightened to come back?

I would want to know if she uses the internet or a cell phone and who she's been in contact with up until this happened. Could she have been dating someone in Michigan? They were separated before a few times, maybe she had a fling? Maybe she was chatting with strangers on the web?

Until there is proof that Doug did this, everyone in Colon should be very vigilant and treat this like there could be someone dangerous around...that's my opinion.

Anybody remember balloon boy? That was a brilliant idea gone bad...

If he wants to talk to his kids, he has to call them where they are living. Which is with the grandparents.

Do Doug or Venus have any criminal history?

Only thing I've read is she was charged with assault (against him).

Yup, and to wait for a legal warrant before allowing LE access to the vehicles.

As I said, perhaps they were staying with him, in Newport News. As for 'needing two alibis'.....I suppose you are correct, but that isn't what he said. He is quoted as saying that he had 2 alibis for the time Venus was abducted.

Do you have a link? All I've read is that he had two witnesses; I've not seen anything specific to the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77