Possible Victim: Fire Island Jane Doe, UP9098, found Davis Park Apr 1996 & Ocean Parkway Apr 2011 - Karen Vergata

Would her surgical scars indicate any problems related to MS? I seem to recall a missing persons report of a woman who walks with a limp and sometimes used a cane due to her MS that went missing in the weeks prior to April 20, 1996. I'll have to go back through the list to give the name since I can't recall that first hand.

Any luck with finding that missing persons report?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7079/0

Here she is. It said she had a tattoo above her R knee. I don't know if the legs on Fire Island were cut below or above the knee, though. It doesn't mention surgical scars, but could it be possible that there may have been surgery for her MS?

I don't think we can rule her out because it's possible that the leg scars occurred after she went missing, either by the perp or otherwise. Because 7079 was last seen in the summer of 1994, it's possible the scars occurred later. I think it's well worth doing the comparison to 9098 because she fit the age profile of the victims (22-23), went missing in mid summer in the NY area, and the leg connection.

Based on the lives the other victims' led, my best guess is that the UI Fire Island woman probably disappeared before 1995. Her family may not have assumed a tragic fate in the first year or more. If she disappeared in 1993, 3 years prior to her murder, she may have left willingly and in 1993 had surgery that her family may be unaware of. I also leave open the possibility of her not being reported missing until after April 1996.

I don't think we can rule her out because it's possible that the leg scars occurred after she went missing, either by the perp or otherwise. Because 7079 was last seen in the summer of 1994, it's possible the scars occurred later. I think it's well worth doing the comparison to 9098.

Her facial structure resembles the sketch.

I was just thinking about the surgical scars. It sounds like the woman may have been injured in a severe car accident. The right leg sustained the most trauma due to it being closer to the exterior of the car.

I think it would help looking into car accidents before 1995.

A report stated that her legs were discovered in a bag on Fire Island in Davis Park. Doesnt that mean someone transported the rest of her remains by boat or ferry? Maybe the murders occured on a boat.

A report stated that her legs were discovered in a bag on Fire Island in Davis Park. Doesnt that mean someone transported the rest of her remains by boat or ferry? Maybe the murders occured on a boat.

There's a bridge to Fire Island practically a stone's throw away from Oak Beach.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-10-07-27-36.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-10-07-27-36.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 25
There's a bridge to Fire Island practically a stone's throw away from Oak Beach.

Davis Park is almost as far away to the east from that bridge as you can get and still be on Fire Island. I'd guess 15 miles or so, and there are no roads. The theory in one article was the bag was tossed in the bay from the mainland side and drifted across to the bay beach side of Fire Island.

Davis Park is almost as far away to the east from that bridge as you can get and still be on Fire Island. I'd guess 15 miles or so, and there are no roads. The theory in one article was the bag was tossed in the bay from the mainland side and drifted across to the bay beach side of Fire Island.

If Oak Beach is the Central location, then the Fire Island legs were found relatively the same distance as the bodies East of Jones Beach. All the bodies/body parts were found on the bay side. The legs were found not long after the legs were put there, which is why, I believe, the LISK didn't use Fire Island as a dump site again.

Attachments

• Image-378016811.png
    Image-378016811.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 17
Has anyone found out how and when the doctor lost his leg? Why have these facts eluded WS members?

Can't help wondering if there was a motor vehicle accident and Jane Doe was somehow injured at the same time...

Has anyone found out how and when the doctor lost his leg? Why have these facts eluded WS members?

Can't help wondering if there was a motor vehicle accident and Jane Doe was somehow injured at the same time...

That's exactly what I was trying to figure out. I still haven't found any mention of CPH's injury.

From what I've read in these seemingly infinate threads,is that CPH lost his leg while helping a someone with (was it car trouble or an accident?) He was struck by a vehicle while helping. I never however read any links providing details like who...what...why...where...when. Just talk. Maybe one of our sleuths extordinare could dig up some police report or newspaper article?

The legs were found washed up on the shore line along the Bayside of fire island between davis park and blue point beach. They weren't put there, they drifted there, from where we can't be certain. My bet is they drifted down from the fire island inlet area (jones island) during the massive and damaging Noreaster in Jan 5-7th of 1996. Regardless of what day exactly they became beached, they wouldn't be found until April as there is literally no one in that part of Fire Island until April. I know the family that found the legs and the area very well.

As to the topic of CPH's leg trauma, I have been looking voraciously for about a year and a half. I have found no records or reports of a car accident involving CPH. In fact, I'll give anyone who finds such evidence of a car accident $500 USD as I am tired of looking and am really starting to think maybe there was no car accident at all.

What I do find coincidental is that CPH has impaired mobility and one of the two medical neglect cases against minors he was charged in involved a boy in a wheel chair (in 1989). On top of that, the first known victim, Jane Doe 9098, also suffered from some type of impaired mobility, and she ended up dismembered in the brush off Ocean Parkway (in ~1995). Perhaps someone we know suffers from his own brand of sadistic abasiophilia. Sure you can chalk this up to coincidence, but because we know CPH himself repeatedly brings attention to his own condition: the shorts and statements made when meeting MG, the deliberate limp when he realized the new reporters are watching him, etc. I am not going to overlook the recurrence of impaired mobility or leg trauma in this case so quickly. Additionally, we do know that Jane Doe 9098s killer took interest in her impaired legs because he cut them off and disposed of them in a different manner than her head.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abasiophilia"]Abasiophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

#9098 ?

got a link, I am a computer program and don't have an input for news printed on pulp.

Let me poke around...I read the pulp version.

One thing I have learned in my short tenure in the business world. There are a 2 gropus of people you have to be friends with in an office....facilities guys, and computer dudes. I used to play quake 2 and 3 with the computer guys in my office during work. They had a scecret LAN set up. It was awesome.

Dr. Yvonne I. Milewski,*Suffolk
's medical examiner, said her agency is "aware of carbon-14 dating techniques, their potential uses and limitations."

"We cannot comment on the ongoing Gilgo investigations," she said. "These techniques do not establish a specific identification. As a general policy, the medical examiner's office would consider pursuing any scientific method that could potentially provide additional information, and possibly assist in a criminal investigation."

So if I'm understanding correctly from what I read. It is up to the ME whether or not to use such technology.

Perhaps a few letters to her office might make it happen?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back