Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a dumb question, but do we think they've killed others than the three suspected murders?

I'm guessing that by now both LE and Canada-based sleuthers would have looked at back logs of missing person/missing vehicle crossover cases?

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/627...igators-saw-blood-on-items-from-bosma-s-truck

"Smich's phone, court heard, stopped communicating after 9:20 p.m. on May 6 until the next morning, which, in cross examination, Wilkinson agreed is consistent with it either being turned off (as Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay asked) or died (as Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey asked).

Later on the morning of May 7, a phone known as the "Smich/Meneses phone" (linked to him and his girlfriend Marlena Menses), was pinging off towers between the farm and hangar around 11:30 am"

Looks like he ditched his phone and used his gfs. ..smuck..

Today's testimony/prosecution evidence - were any photos provided to media of the blown out passenger front window?

Probably a dumb question, but do we think they've killed others than the three suspected murders?

I'm guessing that by now both LE and Canada-based sleuthers would have looked at back logs of missing person/missing vehicle crossover cases?

That actually came up in the very beginning, right after DM was arrested - and long before anyone knew about his dad or LB. This was the case that finally brought me out of years of lurk mode and caused me to join WS. Some of the folks commenting in the very beginning were SPOT on. In fact I think it was sillybilly that first wondered if these two were connected to or working for a chop shop. Kind of a trip, eh?

I was just about to ask about the trajectory, so thank you for reading my mind :)

IMHO.. if MS shot from the back seat with the gun forward and angled sideways .. theoretically he'd be collecting hot brass with his face, as far as rough trajectory angles go.. he wouldn't have so easily forgotten the evidential presence of that brass.

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/627...igators-saw-blood-on-items-from-bosma-s-truck

"Smich's phone, court heard, stopped communicating after 9:20 p.m. on May 6 until the next morning, which, in cross examination, Wilkinson agreed is consistent with it either being turned off (as Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay asked) or died (as Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey asked).

Later on the morning of May 7, a phone known as the "Smich/Meneses phone" (linked to him and his girlfriend Marlena Menses), was pinging off towers between the farm and hangar around 11:30 am"

Looks like he ditched his phone and used his gfs. ..smuck..

Or his needed charging so he grabbed the other one ;)

Anything can be spun, and likely will be. Still doesn't lessen his culpability in this IMO. Same with DM.

MOO

I am not familiar with this handgun, but most auto's have a shell ejection. Revolvers do not. With the auto the ejection is typically on the right side of the gun. Chances are the shell would be ejected to the rear of the cab if Dellen pulled trigger. Shell would hit RR window and deflect if MS pulled trigger while sitting in rear seat behind passenger

Edit: hackD is quicker than me

Based on the concealment holsters DM ordered online, he likely had a Walther PPK and a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard, both right side ejecting semi-automatics. I expect we will find out what DM actually bought from his contacts.

Here is but one of many youtube videos showing these pistols being fired; in this case a PPK 308. The shell trajectory is easily visible:

[video=youtube;rtLSQzfA6eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtLSQzfA6eQ[/video]

That actually came up in the very beginning, right after DM was arrested - and long before anyone knew about his dad or LB. This was the case that finally brought me out of years of lurk mode and caused me to join WS. Some of the folks commenting in the very beginning were SPOT on. In fact I think it was sillybilly that first wondered if these two were connected to or working for a chop shop. Kind of a trip, eh?

I've been here almost since the beginning (I think we may have been on thread two or three when I found the case). There were so many rumors back then, and I tend to dismiss a lot of early speculation in most crimes (you know how it is, people go human trafficking/Satan worship/conspiracy really fast). Plus I just don't do Facebook, so I never quite glommed onto a lot of the key players that you better sleuthers have known about for years. I suppose the puzzle for me has always been in trying to psychoanalyze our boy Dellen, and the following he seemingly inspires.

But: yes, it's crazy how much of this has turned out to be spot on--or even weirder/more horrifying--with what people predicted.

Today's testimony/prosecution evidence - were any photos provided to media of the blown out passenger front window?

Forensics expert is still on the stand so no pictures will be released until their testimony is complete.

HTH

IMHO.. if MS shot from the back seat with the gun forward and angled sideways .. theoretically he'd be collecting hot brass with his face, as far as rough trajectory angles go.. he wouldn't have so easily forgotten the evidential presence of that brass.

That's the first thing I thought when you mentioned the casing would exit to the right of the gun. Everything points to the gun being shot by the driver.

MOO

Shame that didn't happen. Darn shame.

I've been here almost since the beginning (I think we may have been on thread two or three when I found the case). There were so many rumors back then, and I tend to dismiss a lot of early speculation in most crimes (you know how it is, people go human trafficking/Satan worship/conspiracy really fast). Plus I just don't do Facebook, so I never quite glommed onto a lot of the key players that you better sleuthers have known about for years. I suppose the puzzle for me has always been in trying to psychoanalyze our boy Dellen, and the following he seemingly inspires.

But: yes, it's crazy how much of this has turned out to be spot on--or even weirder/more horrifying--with what people predicted.

Interesting that you mention that. I can't recall who it was, one of the members of LE (and I'm too lazy to google it - how pathetic is that?) actually compared DM to what was a new show at the time, "The Following". Which really annoyed me, because I liked that show.

<bbm>

The qualifiers for first degree murder aren't just any crime; they are very specific
Yes, you're right.

In the U.S., it is the case, provided the death occurred during the commission of a felony (not a lesser crime), that a first degree murder charge will follow. For instance, after a bank heist where a teller fell and broke her neck, or a convenience store robbery where the assailant accidentally fired his gun.

In Canada, this is not so, although the site you linked to lists all the applicable exceptions here.

In such cases, neither premeditation nor intent to kill is necessary.

We don't know what other witnesses may be going to add. For instance, did either or both talk about "committing the perfect crime," or about killing somebody "for fun" or even taking somebody captive for ransom, or whatever? If so, that would show intent to commit one of these actions that automatically engenders a first-degree murder charge. One of Millard's friends apparently could testify to something sufficiently damaging that Millard asked CN to get that person to agree to change his story on the stand, according to the Crown's opening statement, which can be found on the other thread, and also printed in full here:

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html.

Hmm.

There appears to have been a good deal of planning to this event, though what its actual purpose was is not clear. DM did not need to steal a truck or anything else, so vehicle theft seems a weak motive. On the other hand, shades of the Loeb-Leopold case long ago:

http://history1900s.about.com/od/1920s/qt/Leopold-Loeb.htm

..it may be something planned for "excitement."

In the end, the Crown will have to prove premeditation/intent to kill (before the fact) or intended abduction/forcible confinement to make a first degree murder charge stick.

All along they - Crown and police - have played their cards very close to the chest, so to speak, and good for them. Motive here is the missing piece but they may well have it, just yet to be revealed.

Smich did have a black eye and scratch on his face when he was arrested May 22. Could that have been a leftover from May 6? I doubt it, but ...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...er-cowers-in-court/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Sporting a black eye and a cut on his cheek, the second man accused of murdering Tim Bosma cowered in the prisoner's box during his first court appearance.

So "undercarriage" might mean the floor of the truck not the underside of the truck maybe?

Undercarriage is the underside of the truck. Floor pan is interior under the carpeting or vinyl flooring. Not sure what TB's dodge had, but it was removed. Most likely where the box cutter can into play that forensics found. MOO.

So he looked inside enough to notice only the back bench seat was in there. Yet he didn't see the blood?

I kinda think AJ knows they've done some hinky things in the past -- and since he thought the truck was probably linked to TB, he wanted to get proof of ownership ASAP and get away from truck before someone noticed what he was doing. It's what I'd do. (Followed by changing my underwear because I'd for sure have p**d myself out of fear.)

Smich did have a black eye and scratch on his face when he was arrested May 22. Could that have been a leftover from May 6? I doubt it, but ...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...er-cowers-in-court/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I doubt that spent brass would have resulted in a cut deep enough, or catching a shell hard enough to cause a black eye that would need three weeks to heal. The shell would have been hot, but no real shrapnel factor to them.

I suspect that he likely caught an elbow or two either upon his arrest, or sometime within his first night of residing within the crowbar hotel.

Not only would AJ have seen the blood in the truck, SS would have as well. JMO

I think that some of this flying blood may also be attributed to the tearing out of the blood soaked interior of the vehicle? Can we assume that any carpeting was also removed and burned? Don't think we've heard about that. I guess a good power wash before taking it to the auto body shop would have been the next step?

MOO

My apologize if questions have been answered. Still catching up.
When the truck was later found inside a trailer in the driveway of Millard’s mother, forensic investigators found the interior had been stripped, its carpet and upholstery removed. Nonetheless, blood and DNA of Bosma was found throughout the cab, along with significant amounts of gunshot residue, concentrated in the area of the front passenger seat.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...plead-not-guilty-on-first-day-of-murder-trial

Interesting that you mention that. I can't recall who it was, one of the members of LE (and I'm too lazy to google it - how pathetic is that?) actually compared DM to what was a new show at the time, "The Following". Which really annoyed me, because I liked that show.

I too, remember someone from LE saying that. The show has a very disturbing story line.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam