PA - Sgt. Patrick McDonald, 30, fatally shot in Philly traffic stop, 23 Sept 2008

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
This will make it FOUR officers shot/killed on the job in 10 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This really ANGERS me!!!!!!!

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ― The Philadelphia Police Department is mourning the loss of another comrade gunned down on the streets of the city Tuesday afternoon. A second officer was wounded in the shooting.

Thirty-year-old highway patrolman Officer Patrick McDonald, an eight year veteran of the force, was killed and fellow patrolman Officer Richard Bowes, 35, was wounded during a shooting in North Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities say the details surrounding the circumstances of the shooting are preliminary, but said it happened at about 1:21 p.m. after Officer McDonald called responded to a report of a man with a gun and called for backup.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/philadelphia.police.shooting.2.823680.html

They are just getting ready to move the body from the hospital, to the medical examiners. Several officers have been coming to the hospital, and will lead the officers body away from the hospital, to the medical examiner, by procession, in rush hour traffic. The sister of the fallen officer, was picked up by Philadelphia police, in their helicopter in NYC, and flown to Temple Hospital in Philadelphia within the hour of his passing.

How sad! My sympathy goes out to his family. I, too, have family in law enforcement.

This is just awful.. another officer lost to the gun violence in Philly.. my deepest sympathies and condolences on his death to is family and friends. I can only hope that the city takes a good hard look at the violence.. in particular the sheer audacity and boldness of the criminals .. they are shooting at and killing officers not just the public anymore.Something needs to be done.. too many lost lives and too many people impacted daily by the level of violence in Philly.
I beleive they said it was an automatic weapon used in this crime.. In know its not nice to say but I am glad the shooter was killed he was too dangerous to be running loose.. every person on the street was a potential victim for this one. The woman who was with this looser must not be the birghtest blub in the box if she thought hiding at her apartment with the wanted car was a good hiding spot.. if she was a true victim in this ( not likely) she would have helped an officer who was donw, and stayed there instead of running away like a coward. That or she could have taken her butt down to the nearest station and truned her self in as a an unwiling accomplise..sorry to say it but I suspect she is no winner either if she is hanging out with the likes of this now deceased looser.
Man to loose 4 officers in 10 months.. 2 in less than a month.. such a tragedy for the police force and the city. Officer McDonald was a hero.. his senseless murder has prevented sooo many others from being harmed. I am sorry he, his family, and fellow officers had to pay the ultimate price to do so... so many will be going about their lives tomorrow with such a heavy heart..

Shot 14 times in the chest with an automatic wepon. The doer is dead also.
Prayers for his family and loved ones. This is so sad..

The tears won't stop. Officer McDonald was not "killed" he was murdered in cold blood by a louse who has a history of violence towards police. He has a rap sheet of course. We call it "Have mugshot will murder".

There's just no words that can convey the heart break. We have folks sitting out right now just in tears. I'm fortunate to live in a neighborhood that has many police officers who reside here and you can just feel the sadness. No sickness. Poor Officer Macdonald. Poor Officer Bowes.

Please everyone could you send up prayers for our Police Officers here? Especially for Officer Macdonald and his family. This heroic man was only 30 years old.

Despite the yelling and mouth running of Daniel Giddings "family" it's come to light that this cop murderer had only been paroled since August. Career criminal. *Kicked out of a prison for behavior problems*. That was on our news tonight. It actually was he was transferred, but that's how rotten this creep was.

Sadly, last month several police officers were hospitalized after trying to apprehend Giddings and he went on his merry old way just to murder and wound two Philadelphia police officers.

Now, this guy who just walked out of his halfway house and had a semi has relatives that have the b*lls to flap their gums about how he was ginned down? Like cops shot a man coming home from work or something. He murdered a police officer in cold blood standing over him after he'd already been hit twice and proceeded to empty his weapon into this brave policeman's body. Thanks to Officer Bowes who is recovering in the hospital from a gun shot wound for putting a bullett into the head of this no good louse so society doesn't have to pay to house and feed the creep.

Sorry if that all sounds bitter, but we've had four officers murdered in 11 months here. That's four cops in 11 months. May Officer McDonald rest in peace.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pa...=15&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Despite the yelling and mouth running of Daniel Giddings "family" it's come to light that this cop murderer had only been paroled since August. Career criminal. *Kicked out of a prison for behavior problems*. That was on our news tonight. It actually was he was transferred, but that's how rotten this creep was.

Sadly, last month several police officers were hospitalized after trying to apprehend Giddings and he went on his merry old way just to murder and wound two Philadelphia police officers.

Now, this guy who just walked out of his halfway house and had a semi has relatives that have the b*lls to flap their gums about how he was ginned down? Like cops shot a man coming home from work or something. He murdered a police officer in cold blood standing over him after he'd already been hit twice and proceeded to empty his weapon into this brave policeman's body. Thanks to Officer Bowes who is recovering in the hospital from a gun shot wound for putting a bullett into the head of this no good louse so society doesn't have to pay to house and feed the creep.

Sorry if that all sounds bitter, but we've had four officers murdered in 11 months here. That's four cops in 11 months. May Officer McDonald rest in peace.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pa...=15&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

You did a far better job at being nice about this than I would be.. I cant write what I really think about that scumbags family nor their defending his actions of an outright exceution.:furious::furious::furious::furious:

What gets me is that the family of the cop killer showed up at the scene crying and acting like a$$es. How did they know he was the one dead on the street? Nobody saw anything but some how they knew who was laying dead under a sheet. Makes me sick!

Nobody saw anything

They never do unless they SEE what they perceive as police brutality. If a police officer hadn't been murdered and a guy who has had a record since the age of 10 years old was hit the entire hood would be screaming and yelling.

In all honesty I feel like poking the Mayor in the eye. Here he goes again "I don't know why these people think they can get into gun fights with our officers". Duh, dude because they can and they do and they have.

Best is immediately after the murderers death the family proclaims what a wonderful guy he was and add he's a Muslim. Way to give Muslim's such a good name. They act as if being a Muslim automatically gives you free reign to rape, rob, murder and kill. You never here people say "Yeah, that was my Uncle and he was a good guy cause he's a Lutheran".:rolleyes: Today's paper gave the family voice. Always an excellent idea Daily News. He was a family man. Ya know why? Because his mother took his kids to visit him in prison. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: A family man should have stayed where he belonged in the half way house and thanked Allah he was let out two years early. Then went and tended to his children.

It's all so sad. Too sad for words. Officer McDonald's loved ones now have to suffer for life.:furious:

They never do unless they SEE what they perceive as police brutality. If a police officer hadn't been murdered and a guy who has had a record since the age of 10 years old was hit the entire hood would be screaming and yelling.

In all honesty I feel like poking the Mayor in the eye. Here he goes again "I don't know why these people think they can get into gun fights with our officers". Duh, dude because they can and they do and they have.

Best is immediately after the murderers death the family proclaims what a wonderful guy he was and add he's a Muslim. Way to give Muslim's such a good name. They act as if being a Muslim automatically gives you free reign to rape, rob, murder and kill. You never here people say "Yeah, that was my Uncle and he was a good guy cause he's a Lutheran".:rolleyes: Today's paper gave the family voice. Always an excellent idea Daily News. He was a family man. Ya know why? Because his mother took his kids to visit him in prison. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: A family man should have stayed where he belonged in the half way house and thanked Allah he was let out two years early. Then went and tended to his children.

It's all so sad. Too sad for words. Officer McDonald's loved ones now have to suffer for life.:furious:

Poke the Mayor in the eye...LMAO.

I agree with all that you have said.

Filly I heard that comment and thought what an idiot.. They do it because they can and there used to be some level of respect or fear of authorities but that no longer exists..especically when the criminals are armed with automatic weapons. The police are outnumbered and out gunned..

I thought he need a good slap up side the head .. Wake up and smell the toast burning for cripes sake.Lol but love the "poke in the eye" comment

I feel badly that the Muslim community is bing painted with that scumbags crimes.. yea if anything it will just add more fuel to the fire by saying this crrep would honor any deity.. let alone one that is associated with other crimes against this country.

I feel terribly for officer McDonalds family.. and i am saddned by all those who he wont be her to protect and keep from harm. all the things he would have done that would have mad a positive difference in someone's life will not happen or at least not with this hero as the source of that goodwill.. Just such a unjust thing for so many .. especially officer McDonalds fmaily who will be left with a gaping hole in the fabric of their family .. most noticably on special days.. and all the dreams left unachieved like watching marry or have children of his own.. so sooo sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back