SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just home from work and heard about the DT statement:

1. Read it in Michael Kiefer's article. Could he possibly be MORE blatant in his bias towards the defense? Sickening.

2. Really? Today? You couldn't give the Alexanders ONE DAY, this day, to mourn and remember without having to hear about his murderer?

3. JA has earned the DP with her actions. Did she give any consideration to anyone but HERSELF when she brutally murdered Travis?

4. I don't live in AZ but we had the Drew Peterson trial in my state. After YEARS of his shenanigans, continuances and delays, I'm sure that trial cost us a small fortune. I don't regret a single penny spent. Keeping the public safe is worth every cent.

5. Seriously, this whole defense team makes me sick. (and their reporter, MK). I know everyone has a right to be represented, but I could never defend someone who was so obviously guilty AND do all the (IMO) dishonest things that have hurt Travis' family so much.

Ugh. It was so peaceful for a few days hearing nothing about her or the DT.

eta: duh, forgot to post the most obvious bs... Mentally Ill? Please... after spending four months denying it!

Thank you! Here's a little snippet:

Ultimately, however, offers have to come from Montgomery. His office, not the judge, makes the decision to seek the death penalty. And at this point, because Arias is already convicted of first-degree murder, there is no need to reach a settlement with Arias in order for her to be sentenced to life in prison. Montgomery only has to lift the intent to seek the death penalty and she would receive a mandatory life sentence.

Judge Sherry Stephens would then choose between life in prison or natural life in prison. The former is frequently referred to as “life with chance of parole after 25 years,” but that is a misnomer often used even during court proceedings.

Arizona discontinued parole for first-degree murderers in 1994. Anyone sentenced since then might be sentenced to life with possibility of release after 25 years. Parole is only available for those who committed murders before 1994.

“Now the only chance of release is commutation from the governor through the Board of Executive Clemency,” a more difficult process, said Ron Reinstein, a retired Superior Court judge who chairss the Arizona Supreme Court’s capital case oversight committee.

“It doesn’t happen very often,” he said.

And given the fact that the jury found an aggravating factor in Arias’ case, it’s unlikely Stephens would impose that sentence.

BBM:

Thank you! :yourock: AZLawyer said the very same thing weeks ago. This is NOT a PLEA DEAL!

I wish Nancy Grace would get this thru her thick head! (Sorry to those of you that love her.) I can't understand WHY any of the lawyers agree to go on her show and be insulted and treated so RUDELY.

One lawyer was trying to tell her AZ has NO PAROLE. (We all know this is true.) But Nancy is arguing the point. Ugh!

Thanks again, Jane Jetson.

The only thing the state should agree to is LIFE with NO RELEASE and NO APPEALS. Saves time and money.

Thanks for that Dani .. so Nancy was just talking to hear herself talk ..

Did Jodi direct the Nurmi/Wilma show with Kiefer being the mouthpiece for them again? On this day, the 5th anniversary of Travis' murder? Jodi Arias and her sick supply sources will never let Travis rest in peace or allow his family and friends to grieve and heal. Stalking and causing mayhem, pain, chaos and murder is the name of Arias' game...put her to death. Shut her mouth up forever to the Alexanders.
Perhaps someone ought to investigate Kiefer's unprofessional, dirty little secrets.

Today isn't about Jodi! Why would Nurmi and company make this the day to speak out?

Today Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott issued a joint statement in an exclusive to The Arizona Republic.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

ttp://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130604arias-lawyers-respond-to-montgomery.html

Amazing how they have begun so generously giving credit to the State's psychologist for providing a correct diagnoses, what does this say about their faith in their own expert, Samuels?

I find these people confusing. It's amazing how they change every detail around to benefit their case. Yes, confusing, but also reprehensible, imo.

Actually, Travis's is correct. :)

I'm absolutely willing to learn the "write" way, lol, and appreciate your input, HopefulOne.

I'd always heard that if the name has two syllables, then you just add an apostrophe. Now, I see there is more than one accepted way to do this!

Here's one example of guidelines, but I'm not sure of the "official" nature of the web source:

3. If a singular proper noun (a name) ends in s, Chicago and AP handle apostrophes differently.

In AP style, if a proper noun ends in s or an s sound, add an apostrophe only.
Chris‘ exam scores were higher than any other students.

In Chicago style, if a proper nouns ends in s add ‘s.
Last year Kansas’s legislature passed a law.

EXCEPTION #1 IN CHICAGO STYLE: If a name is two or more syllables and ends in an eez sound, use only an apostrophe.
The Ganges’ source is in the Himalayas.

EXCEPTION #2 IN CHICAGO STYLE: If the s at the end of the name is not pronounced, use only an apostrophe.
Albert Camus’ novels are assigned in some classes.

EXCEPTION #3 IN CHICAGO STYLE: In “For . . . sake” expressions omit the s (following the apostrophe) when the noun ends in an s or an s sound.
For goodness’ sake, apostrophe rules are confusing.

http://www.grammaruntied.com/blog/?p=816

So, given that perhaps there are two "write" ways, we both get to be right! :wink:

I just want to say how thankful I am for WS. There's no place I'd rather be tonight. I'm in such a funk today...a coworker's 26 yr. old daughter passed away yesterday, and I can't get Travis and his family out of my head. Of course the weather is ***** today as well, so that doesn't help. Tomorrow is going to be a better, beautiful day!

I just want to say how thankful I am for WS. There's no place I'd rather be tonight. I'm in such a funk today...a coworker's 26 yr. old daughter passed away yesterday, and I can't get Travis and his family out of my head. Of course the weather is ***** today as well, so that doesn't help. Tomorrow is going to be a better, beautiful day!

I'm sorry you have had a tough day. Yes, tomorrow will be better!

For anyone who needs a laugh today:

[video=youtube;YvxNgdFeWqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM[/video]

Just home from work and heard about the DT statement:

1. Read it in Michael Kiefer's article. Could he possibly be MORE blatant in his bias towards the defense? Sickening.

2. Really? Today? You couldn't give the Alexanders ONE DAY, this day, to mourn and remember without having to hear about his murderer?

3. JA has earned the DP with her actions. Did she give any consideration to anyone but HERSELF when she brutally murdered Travis?

4. I don't live in AZ but we had the Drew Peterson trial in my state. After YEARS of his shenanigans, continuances and delays, I'm sure that trial cost us a small fortune. I don't regret a single penny spent. Keeping the public safe is worth every cent.

5. Seriously, this whole defense team makes me sick. (and their reporter, MK). I know everyone has a right to be represented, but I could never defend someone who was so obviously guilty AND do all the (IMO) dishonest things that have hurt Travis' family so much.

Ugh. It was so peaceful for a few days hearing nothing about her or the DT.

eta: duh, forgot to post the most obvious bs... Mentally Ill? Please... after spending four months denying it!

Bravo Midwest Mama - very well said. Either the DT is:

1. Disgusting for planning this "announcement" for today of all days (probable), OR

2. So completely clueless that they didn't even pick up on the date at all, and it was just a big coincidence (possible, but not likely).

I know this is a tough decision for the DA and the family, but I hope they pursue the appropriate sentence in this case. She, and her defense team, have caused enough pain for the Alexander family with these kinds of tactics. How on EARTH could they be that stupid? To release that kind of statement on the very annivesary of his death? Time for their circus show to end, and for her to get what she deserves. If this case doesn't deserve the death penalty, I don't know what would. I say let them bring it.

I'm betting that if the DA lets him, Juan is up for it. And he will be PREPARED. Having a "do over" might not work in her favor. And now they have shown their hand. DERP....not smart Nur-mott.

BBM:

Thank you! :yourock: AZLawyer said the very same thing weeks ago. This is NOT a PLEA DEAL!

I wish Nancy Grace would get this thru her thick head! (Sorry to those of you that love her.) I can't understand WHY any of the lawyers agree to go on her show and be insulted and treated so RUDELY.

One lawyer was trying to tell her AZ has NO PAROLE. (We all know this is true.) But Nancy is arguing the point. Ugh!

Thanks again, Jane Jetson.

You're welcome, but I have to give full credit to SeatleChiquita, who provided the original link! :seeya:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlechiquita
This just in: Arias lawyers respond to Montgomery

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ontgomery.html

Thank you! Here's a little snippet:

Ultimately, however, offers have to come from Montgomery. His office, not the judge, makes the decision to seek the death penalty. And at this point, because Arias is already convicted of first-degree murder, there is no need to reach a settlement with Arias in order for her to be sentenced to life in prison. Montgomery only has to lift the intent to seek the death penalty and she would receive a mandatory life sentence.

Judge Sherry Stephens would then choose between life in prison or natural life in prison. The former is frequently referred to as “life with chance of parole after 25 years,” but that is a misnomer often used even during court proceedings.

Arizona discontinued parole for first-degree murderers in 1994. Anyone sentenced since then might be sentenced to life with possibility of release after 25 years. Parole is only available for those who committed murders before 1994.

“Now the only chance of release is commutation from the governor through the Board of Executive Clemency,” a more difficult process, said Ron Reinstein, a retired Superior Court judge who chairss the Arizona Supreme Court’s capital case oversight committee.

“It doesn’t happen very often,” he said.

And given the fact that the jury found an aggravating factor in Arias’ case, it’s unlikely Stephens would impose that sentence.

Jodi and her trusty DT have finally realized that it was a lot easier for Arias to make up her lies by looking at her many pictures of Travis and her family members. ...lie after lie. Can you imagine Jodi trying to add on to her testimony from trial, Jodi thinks the more she lies and pouts, the more she will wear people down. Juan Martinez will be ready. He knows every lie. No wonder Arias is trying to blackmail a plea again.

Somebody said something like....

What a man has to say is far more important than how he says it.

i need clarification. the defense says state proved CM is mentally ill. i thought they diagnosed her with a personality disorder. i thought that was something many people have, the personality disorders, that is. who says that biotch is mentally ill? i'm confused. TIA :banghead::banghead:

What have I missed the DT issued a statement TODAY of all days???? Is it possible for them to be this insensitive, dense, or worse sadistic???

107 degrees in June!

(Scratching Phoenix off places to want to visit or live, never to add again.)

I would absolutely die. I don't handle anything over 80....one can always get warmer--getting cooler is hard. How could anyone enjoy the outdoors in such a harsh climate as phoenix? Where's the water?

[video=youtube;aEy8uDORIhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEy8uDORIhM[/video]

All I can say today is to stop for a moment in whatever you're doing and be thankful for that moment you have. Whether it is walking your pets, doing the dishes, or going to work. Even if it is mundane or not, it is something Travis can never experience again.

Be joyful for what you have at that moment, it can be gone in a minute. I hope his family can take comfort that there are so many people who want to see justice for their brother.

On a side note, I feel rather gleeful that his killer can never have what we all enjoy on the outside ever again. Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong