Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I agree that the call is evidence Cindy did not believe Caylee was dead when she made the call. Only I believe Cindy made the call because she she was scared out of her mind by Casey saying she hadn't seen Caylee in 31 days. As Cindy talked to the dispatcher she was saying whatever came into her mind and...she said (anguished wail) the car smells like a dead body. In my opinion, Cindy was digesting horrific news, and she sad the car smelled like a dead body because the car smelled like a dead body. The wailing sorrowful sounds Cindy made when she told the dispatcher about how the car smelled like a body are themselves a testimony to what Cindy was thinking.

I believe that when Cindy went into cover-up mode it signals a realization that she couldn't save Caylee.
IMO...Cindy wasn't thinking...about being a mandated reporter or anything else for that matter...her phone call was a gut level emotional response to having lost Caylee. She called LE because she needed them to find her.

Not only did Cindy say that ridiculous statement on GMA about getting police there faster .... Mason used Cindy's appearance on GMA and her statements in the Motion that he filed with the Court! Mason mistakenly thought this was something "new" that Cindy was spouting. So, it is highly likely that Mason will ask Cindy to repeat that stupid statement on the stand on the 15th.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4453441...se-Regarding-Admissibility-of-911-Calls_FILED
...ya know...the only problem I have with that is I think the As used that show as a platform to state that particular theory openly (again!)...and I believe she (they) was coached. I think CM is just totally ill-informed and doesn't know why he's doing what he's doing as a result and looking very foolish in the process. It may have been "new" news to him, but it definitely wasn't news to the rest of the defense team.

...ya know...the only problem I have with that is I think the As used that show as a platform to state that particular theory openly (again!)...and I believe she (they) was coached. I think CM is just totally ill-informed and doesn't know why he's doing what he's doing as a result and looking very foolish in the process. It may have been "new" news to him, but it definitely wasn't news to the rest of the defense team.
bbm
So true, and it wasn't news to us either! I'm really glad he is all involved in his new political case, he will be more ill-informed than ever now.

Themis, I get what you're saying about CA and the mandatory reporting. However, when has CA ever thought the rules applied to her?

I think it started out as a way to manipulate ICA into doing what CA wanted her to do (come home with Caylee), but, backfired on her when she realized something really was wrong.

Themis, I get what you're saying about CA and the mandatory reporting. However, when has CA ever thought the rules applied to her?

I think it started out as a way to manipulate ICA into doing what CA wanted her to do (come home with Caylee), but, backfired on her when she realized something really was wrong.
Could be. No one really knows except CA and she's probably forgotten by now.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-calls-subpoena-20100706,0,4386160.story

"Brad Conway, Cindy Anthony's lawyer, confirmed today that she and her son Lee were served with subpoenas in late June to be available for testimony for a critical hearing next week.Part of the hearing, scheduled for Thursday, July 15, will focus on whether 911 calls Cindy Anthony made two years ago should be admitted during trial."She's going to tell the truth," Conway said today. "She made the phone calls. It's factual. She's going to testify truthfully.""

We know Conway .... duh ... stating the obvious ... of course she made the phone calls. That is not in dispute. Now, we will wait to see if she LIES about why she made the phone calls, and her state of mind at the time, and the Inmate's state of mind at the time.

And BTW .... WHY don't any reporters ask Conway WHERE George was for the last 3 Hearings??? And if he has a job, or if he just chooses not to attend the Hearings? And will George be there on the 15th? And have they moved out of the Hopespring home and moved in with Holly G. in their former pastor's home?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-calls-subpoena-20100706,0,4386160.story

"Brad Conway, Cindy Anthony's lawyer, confirmed today that she and her son Lee were served with subpoenas in late June to be available for testimony for a critical hearing next week.Part of the hearing, scheduled for Thursday, July 15, will focus on whether 911 calls Cindy Anthony made two years ago should be admitted during trial."She's going to tell the truth," Conway said today. "She made the phone calls. It's factual. She's going to testify truthfully.""

We know Conway .... duh ... stating the obvious ... of course she made the phone calls. That is not in dispute. Now, we will wait to see if she LIES about why she made the phone calls, and her state of mind at the time, and the Inmate's state of mind at the time.

And BTW .... WHY don't any reporters ask Conway WHERE George was for the last 3 Hearings??? And if he has a job, or if he just chooses not to attend the Hearings? And will George be there on the 15th? And have they moved out of the Hopespring home and moved in with Holly G. in their former pastor's home?
I don't understand why the reporters don't ask the good questions (lol). Could it be that the As have sent out a memo stating that all questions/interviews have to go through their attorney? I'm not from Florida, but from what I can tell on the daily news thread, it doesn't seem that the As have their faces on tv quite so much anymore. Interesting about the move. I thought in one of Cindy's letters she mentioned Holly moving in with a guy named Sean...or was that someone else? My brain hurts trying to remember everything. It's good to know that we're less than a year away from seeing this come to an end (fingers and toes crossed). I can't imagine there being another hearing quite like this one, though. Other eagerly awaited hearings (for me) will pertain to the scientific stuff (no As needed)...but this...oh...this will be a goodie!!

I thought Lee & Mallory moved into a place together ... or did that change & Lee already moved back home?

Yup, you are correct about Lee. I was talking about George.. sorry! :blowkiss:

Now Cindy just said that JG, the Grunds were the one's that started calling the nanny "zanny". She said, "Casey just called her "the nanny."

I don't want to be o/t here, but Cindy's answers in this depo are ridiculous! Her answer to everything is to lie to cover up whatever truth the person asking the questions is working towards. You can see her jump ahead in her mind to catch where they are going so she can block them and show them how "wrong" they are.

I'm am getting more and more angry...I will probably have to stop watching these videos now...I looked for the thread on the depos and found only one. It is very small and relates that George and Cindy canceled their first meeting with Morgan. I forgot that...

History shows us, the Anthony's are willing to pull any trick in the book. To steal a phrase from a comment on YouTube: Chomp, chomp, chomp, dirty look, sigh, chomp, chomp, chomp...

I think Cindy may be a secret smoker...jmo.

ETA: Cindy just said that she has seen pictures of Jeff H. and has seen pictures of his son Zachary!!! OH, the LIES! Seriously, if Cindy gets up on the stand and lies like this...what will be done? TIA.

:twocents:

Not that I'm sticking up for Cindy in the least, but she also thought she was looking at pictures of Zanny's apartment which turned out to be Ricardo's. ICA could have very well showed her a picture of a random guy and little boy..suddenly it became Jeff and Zach. Just sayin'

Totally off topic and I apologize in advance but I just have to ask this question!! Is there a chance that JB lets Casey text on his phone?

I think he would let her text on his phone, but who would she text? Is there anybody out there that wouldn't make a bundle selling a text from KC. Jeez,
she can text me I need a few hundred grand from some media outlet. LOL

I just wonder when Conway is going to get tired of being the A's parrot. Everytime he talks, it grates on my nerves. Yeah, she'll be truthful like she has been all along. Whatever, Conway.

Not that I'm sticking up for Cindy in the least, but she also thought she was looking at pictures of Zanny's apartment which turned out to be Ricardo's. ICA could have very well showed her a picture of a random guy and little boy..suddenly it became Jeff and Zach. Just sayin'

I wouldn't be shocked if Casey had bought a frame from target and simply used the picture that already comes in it of some random male model with a male child sitting on his shoulders with the ocean in the backround. :banghead:

I totally agree with you, Stephr. IF a child was "missing" but alive for 31 days and not reported, that would be grounds for reporting based on abandonment. Putting duct tape on a toddler anywhere, but particularly covering airways is child abuse. Using drugs or chloroform to knock a toddler unconscious is child abuse. IF she put a live child in the trunk, that would be child abuse. There are many, many things that could have been abuse, neglect or abandonment. If in doubt, call it in favor of abuse, neglect or abandonment and launch the investigation with the mandatory report. The safety of kids is first in my book. We are clearly on the same page there.

You did, however, misread my post. The mandatory reporting laws only refer to reporting the death of a child if it is determined that the death was due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. There was a condition precedent to the requirement to report the death of a child. That condition precedent is the problem. Ultimately, it is the coroner who decides if the death was due to abuse, neglect or abandonment.

The issue was what did Cindy know and when did she know it. Did Cindy believe any of the conditions precedent were present?

KC said she hadn't "seen" Caylee in 31 days. That didn't necessarily mean Caylee had been "missing" for 31 days. KC may not have "seen" Caylee for 31 days because Caylee died 31 days ago and her body was disposed of 31 days ago. (Not saying this was the fact of the case.) It could be that KC meant KC had not "seen" Caylee for 31 days because she was limiting "seen" to a live Caylee and Caylee had been dead for 31 days but was stowed part of that time in the backyard, trunk of the car and then in the forest but only the living, interactive Caylee was counted. So, maybe the facts didn't meet the statutory definition of "abandonment" because Caylee was not a "child" (a live person under the age of 18 years) after she died and during the 31 days of death between the time she died and the time KC was talking to LA and CA on July 15, 2008 did not count as an abandonment period.

Now for the abuse/neglect condition precedent. Neglect is sort of the act of omission side of abuse. The issue is did CINDY know Caylee had been chloroformed, duct taped, stuffed in the trunk and left to die? No. She didn't. In Cindy's mind, the decomp smell in the trunk and car was very scary, but she didn't have absolute proof what caused the odor and wasn't emotionally ready to believe it could be Caylee who died. Cindy preferred to take the safer route and believe Caylee was somewhere with somebody, still alive and had been missing for 31 days. As we saw above, a child who is already dead, is a "former child" whose body is not yet located, but is not a living child who is "missing." She ceased being a "child" when she died.

I really think Florida ought to amend the statute to clarify these issues.

Putting duct tape over a child's airway is called I am cutting off your air supply, and you are going to die, this is not child abuse it's called murder.

Why? He didn't disown her for what she "allegedly" did to Caylee. If he can stand by her after that he can tolerate anything from her. It doesn't surprise me in the least that he's still supporting her after the allegations she made.

I know I know. I just figured there might be a straw that breaks his back, but apparently not. Cindy is driving that boat and he is first mate.

Putting duct tape over a child's airway is called I am cutting off your air supply, and you are going to die, this is not child abuse it's called murder.

GA sure thought it could be Caylee dead body in the car. As per his own statements to the LE he said, "I whispered to myself please don't let this by my Caylee".

Of course there were no actual facts that Caylee was in fact dead when the 911 call was made to LE, but the thought had to enter CA's head or she would not have said, "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in it". That statement is powerful!!! If it wasn't why is the defense so determined to have it ignored?

I wouldn't be shocked if Casey had bought a frame from target and simply used the picture that already comes in it of some random male model with a male child sitting on his shoulders with the ocean in the backround. :banghead:

.....and Cindy in turn believed her!!!

She can't take the 5th in regards to lying under oath and changing her story only for charges related to Caylee's death, I believe, willing to be wrong here.

So, because of how she is being questioned isn't immunity understood. CA can't take the 5th to protect KC only to protect herself from possible charges. Not saying she won't try...

Does that make sense...not sure I am using the right terminology...

anyway...looking forward to Judge Perry meets CA! Kinda like Godzilla meets um...not bambie...but you get my drift

More like Superman meets the Grinch! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member