NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
EB's FaceBook:: (notice the name difference.. Elesa)

Good catch, I noticed she did an updates on FB "July 24 at 11:47pm via Facebook for BlackBerry® smartphones"

Well there goes at least $100 a month for one phone.

I'm going to take my post out about EB's Facebook link, I'm not sure if it's allowed...

Indeed, Peliman, you could say that with all of us posting from around the world, that WS Never Sleeps!

Yes, supposed to be getting warmer, but at the moment there's a huge cold front sweeping up from Antarctica, so it's freezing!

Locals, what's the weather forecast today in Hickory? I hope as we pass the baton on to y'all for more sleuthing that today is the day Zahra is found.

Here ya are pudd, current weather, temps and up to 7 day forecast for Hickory, NC.

Let me try this again :)

http://www.wunderground.com/US/NC/Hickory.html

hmmm... AY...EB's ex just wished Zahra sweet dreams... 5 hours ago...

I'm hearing you! That woman would be quite a show bag.

Someone mentioned earlier in a thread that they can't understand why they reported Zahra missing in the first place, particularly if something sinister has occurred. Do you think someone was starting to ask questions perhaps? It's my guess these two couldn't lie straight in bed so if they were responsible, why concoct such an absurd story? Why now?

With those two it's "Do now... think about it later". And then the thinking part never comes.

Like writing bad checks. You would think writing one right after the other (especially for Rent) would eventually catch up to them with consequences. They don't care. They only thought of what they wanted right then. "ME ME ME". And now they sit in jail.

Here you have little Zahra who obviously got in the way of two brainless, selfish, narcissistic people. She had no defense. So what are we left with? No Zahra and a situation that makes no sense what so ever. Their actions won't make any sense because they didn't use any sense when they did it.

Welcome NoeticSoul. Your post makes a great deal of sense to me. I haven't been able to figure out why they ever reported Zahra missing at all. Both parents were doing all kinds of illegal things for money. They must've thought reporting Zahra missing would be a solution to their problems.

You're right, too many pre-existing medical conditions for a large life insurance policy. I can see maybe they were going to milk this opportunity as the grieving parents. However, it still seems like a stupid plan. Their reputations as upstanding citizens gently raising their little girl got shot down fast, huh.

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome :) Yes, I believe that they had to think that they would gain SOMETHING, or else what would be the point? I read somebody say today (and I'm sorry I've read so much I can't remember who) that most people with prosthetic legs don't wear them while sleeping.

And it was missing.. so... if she was taken while "asleep".. did the abductor take her leg as well, on the way out the window? Right.. the kidnapper was so kind in considering that she might need it after being abducted...

This is so an inside job..

and he CAN'T possibly be "ignorant" to any of this.

Sooooo it starts, soliciting money on behalf of Zahra. Caution, you are about to enter the twilight zone.

The creator of zahrabaker.com said the Board of Elders at his service approved the site Friday night, and the site is already active with visits after just one day. "We really feel like Zahra doesn't have a voice," said Rev. Brandon Greeson of the Spiritual Counseling Network, which he said is a non-profit organization. "The people who were responsible for taking care of her kind of dropped the ball," said Greeson, "so as a community, it is our responsibility at this point to have someone stand up for her." Greeson said the group is filing paperwork Monday to officially raise money to help with the investigation, or a funeral, if necessary.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39706160

How long do we think Adam can float around NC without being charged, with no income, no family, and no money, before they have to arrest him or send him back to Australia (which they can't do) just curious on others thoughts on this.....I'm thinking LE will have to build a case and file charges on him fairly quickly.

Hi y'all,

I'm a Hickory native and have been lurking since this tragedy began. I decided to post to clear up some of your speculation regarding the landlord, MC, as he is a close personal friend of mine.

He is a respected businessman in Hickory with numerous friends and his only involvement in this case is simply as the Bakers' current landlord. He does have a college age daughter who was a college athlete and a redheaded teenage son. His son has been caught smoking weed on multiple occasions (common for teens growing up in Hickory) and this has caused his dad much distress. MC wears his emotions on his sleeve and likely mentioned his son's troubles to either EB or AB at some point. His son and daughter have had no contact with EB or AB and MC is puzzled as to why his family was mentioned in the ransom note. I can see EB having a grudge against MC as he suffers fools poorly

Also, MC's landscaping company is very small (<5 employees) and does not offer any benefits.

I've personally met EB on 2 occasions briefly and this community( WS) has her pegged perfectly. She is a chronically angry person and likely has severe psychological disorders.

I don't think it has, I know an Australian woman in America doing just that as we speak. She moved over to be with her soul mate she met on the internet, moved over about 6 mths ago - I kid you not. She is also crossing the border into Canada although I'm not sure how long you can keep doing this for.

I'd love to know HOW she is doing it at all. Before I came here to marry my husband and stay, we spent 3 years travelling back and forth across the Atlantic visiting each other for vacations. During my visits here we did a lot of travelling, one time we drove up the West Coast from San Diego to Bellingham and all points in between (fantastic trip) and had originally planned to go over the border into Canada for a couple of days before heading back to SF only to find out I couldn't on my British Passport. Well, I could go into Canada BUT I wouldn't be allowed back into the USA, same with Mexico on another occasion. Something about the visa waiver program, you can only travel into the USA from your country of origin (unless you're making a stop to change planes en route of course)you have to apply in advance to the US Embassy for temporary visas to cover any short border crossings.

As far as the SS# is concerned for alien residents, this is issued very early during the Green Card application process. After you have sent in your applications USCIS send you an official letter which gives you your Alien Registration# and extends the 90 days period you can stay in the country until the Green Card is approved. You have to take this letter to the DSS and they issue you with a SS# and card. Just having a SS# does not entitle a resident Alien to work however. Even if you have applied for a temporary work permit at the same time as you applied for the Green Card (as I did) that still takes a couple of months to be approved and come through.

Oh yeah (not sure if this has already been answered - apologies if so) the passport style photos? Yes, the Alien has to send in four to USCIS with the Green Card application and the sponsor ALSO has to send in two of themselves. They also have to be endorsed and signed on the back by some respectable member of society who knows you.

:Welcome-12-june:

nsr and thanks for adding that information!!

Hi y'all,

I'm a Hickory native and have been lurking since this tragedy began. I decided to post to clear up some of your speculation regarding the landlord, MC, as he is a close personal friend of mine.

He is a respected businessman in Hickory with numerous friends and his only involvement in this case is simply as the Bakers' current landlord. He does have a college age daughter who was a college athlete and a redheaded teenage son. His son has been caught smoking weed on multiple occasions (common for teens growing up in Hickory) and this has caused his dad much distress. MC wears his emotions on his sleeve and likely mentioned his son's troubles to either EB or AB at some point. His son and daughter have had no contact with EB or AB and MC is puzzled as to why his family was mentioned in the ransom note. I can see EB having a grudge against MC as he suffers fools poorly

Also, MC's landscaping company is very small (<5 employees) and does not offer any benefits.

I've personally met EB on 2 occasions briefly and this community( WS) has her pegged perfectly. She is a chronically angry person and likely has severe psychological disorders.

:Welcome-12-june: to WB, NSR...and thank you for your input..

When you met EB did she have Zahra with her?

I can't imagine what she's done with Zahra, precious child...I do hope she tells what she knows?

Also did AB seem to be a caring father or did EB run the show??? I don't want to believe he stood idly by while his child was being physically abused...JMHO

Where is Zahra??

Can you surmise for us what type of unique behaviors (pointing to possible psychological disorders) that you have personally witnessed within your brief visits with her?

I would be fascinated to know...

I'd love to know HOW she is doing it at all. Before I came here to marry my husband and stay, we spent 3 years travelling back and forth across the Atlantic visiting each other for vacations. During my visits here we did a lot of travelling, one time we drove up the West Coast from San Diego to Bellingham and all points in between (fantastic trip) and had originally planned to go over the border into Canada for a couple of days before heading back to SF only to find out I couldn't on my British Passport. Well, I could go into Canada BUT I wouldn't be allowed back into the USA, same with Mexico on another occasion. Something about the visa waiver program, you can only travel into the USA from your country of origin (unless you're making a stop to change planes en route of course)you have to apply in advance to the US Embassy for temporary visas to cover any short border crossings.

As far as the SS# is concerned for alien residents, this is issued very early during the Green Card application process. After you have sent in your applications USCIS send you an official letter which gives you your Alien Registration# and extends the 90 days period you can stay in the country until the Green Card is approved. You have to take this letter to the DSS and they issue you with a SS# and card. Just having a SS# does not entitle a resident Alien to work however. Even if you have applied for a temporary work permit at the same time as you applied for the Green Card (as I did) that still takes a couple of months to be approved and come through.

Oh yeah (not sure if this has already been answered - apologies if so) the passport style photos? Yes, the Alien has to send in four to USCIS with the Green Card application and the sponsor ALSO has to send in two of themselves. They also have to be endorsed and signed on the back by some respectable member of society who knows you.

I don't know how, I was pretty surprised she was able to when I first heard of it but apparently she is crossing over into Canada from the east coast.

She's been very lucky or maybe the Border Guards from Hell-0 only work on the days I try to cross into Canada and back. LOL, twice once on the West Coast side and then last year on the East Coast when we were on a trip to NY, even with ALL my papers in order, passport, Green Card, with my American husband handcuffed to me and a note from my Mum (Ok the note from my Mum is a lie) I've had murders trying to get back into the States from Canada. Not going again until I get citizenship and an American passport!

ETA: sorry, I meant to quote you Darnudes and hit reply instead.

Hi y'all,

Welcome to Websleuths nsr - thank you for your insights. I don't think any of us here have ever thought that MC was anything other than another victim of AB. No one has yet been able to figure out exactly what AB was up to with that ransom note although there are a few theories posted in the threads. Unfortunately he has been pulled into this tragedy by a person who I would classify as some sort of sociopath. I hope he is getting support within the community.

I keep wondering if there is a life insurance policy out on Zahra (legitimate or otherwise, in the US or in AU) and the motive here is indeed money...(snipped)...

Not sure if I'm on board with the life insurance policy theory... HOWEVER, the timing would make sense. If most insurance companies are like mine with my term life, then if you die within two years of the policy, they investigate your death before paying out to determine if it was related to a pre-existing condition, etc. But once you hit the two-year mark, they do not investigate the death and just pay out. It's interesting that Zahra has been in the States now for almost exactly two years, correct?

Under the current circumstances, I'm sure they wouldn't get the pay out... obviously. But I'm sure whether this was accidental or planned, they didn't foresee things turning out quite like they have.

Good Morning to all you wonderful folks in the WS community.

Apologies if this has been posted but I thought it was important to note that Zahra was seen two weeks ago according to this story:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/17/1767640/woman-may-have-been-last-to-see.html

Yes, it's been posted, but thanks for posting it again - I re-read it and noticed this:

Adams said around 11 a.m. two women walked towards the back of the store.

Who is the other one?!? Why hasn't she come forth to LE? Perhaps she has but it has only been reported in the news that she was seen in the furniture store by an employee - but not that they've spoken to anyone who was with her then. If they haven't come forward to say they were with them that day, then they also must have something to hide. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998