CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a little over 3 weeks, Bob will have been missing for 2 years. I am wondering whether any of Bob’s 3 daughters, son-in-law, or grandson is planning any kind of event at all. I see Bob’s daughter J is posting on her community forum about her husband fishing and going to yard sales, and about her swimming and having fun. Surely with this free time, they could squeeze in something that pertains to an acknowledgement or event that Bob is still missing after 2 years.

That is an idea-a vigil, a media blitz...anything. Just. Anything. Rather than a clean out of his worldly possessions.

Depositions for the impeachment of the co conservators must be going on-it is remarkable that one or more of Bob's daughters are so carefree when the anniversary of Bob's disappearance presumed homicide is fast approaching and the only action we can see taking place is over the handling of Bob's trusts.

In a little over 3 weeks, Bob will have been missing for 2 years. I am wondering whether any of Bob’s 3 daughters, son-in-law, or grandson is planning any kind of event at all. I see Bob’s daughter J is posting on her community forum about her husband fishing and going to yard sales, and about her swimming and having fun. Surely with this free time, they could squeeze in something that pertains to an acknowledgement or event that Bob is still missing after 2 years.

At the very least , I hope JeM and JuM are able to take a break from the fishing, yard sales, and swimming and sit down for interviews with the PPD.

That is an idea-a vigil, a media blitz...anything. Just. Anything. Rather than a clean out of his worldly possessions.

Depositions for the impeachment of the co conservators must be going on-it is remarkable that one or more of Bob's daughters are so carefree when the anniversary of Bob's disappearance presumed homicide is fast approaching and the only action we can see taking place is over the handling of Bob's trusts.

Media blitz - good idea. Let's all send emails to the media contacts with a request for an article about Bob. The reporters can reach out to the family members with a request for interviews to include in any articles.

Media blitz - good idea. Let's all send emails to the media contacts with a request for an article about Bob. The reporters can reach out to the family members with a request for interviews to include in any articles.
I like this idea.

Is there an existing list of all media contacts for this case or should
I go exploring and then post?

Bumping this thread. It has been almost two years since Mr. Harrod disappeared.

Bumping this thread. It has been almost two years since Mr. Harrod disappeared.

Yes, that sad anniversary will be soon. Just the same, I wonder if his daughters will hold a vigil, or contact some news outlets -- there is still enough time for them to reach out. (And no, Angelo, I don't mean to reach into Bob's house and take out more of his stuff.)

I wonder if they will send condolences to his wife. I wonder if they ever have.

I wonder if they will send condolences to his wife. I wonder if they ever have.

<snipped>

I believe it came in the form of a demand to get out of the house, if I am not mistaken.

8/5/2009
"We all had such high hopes that our Dad and Fontelle could live happily ever after in whatever lifestyle they wanted. Life is just too dang short for him to have scrimpted and saved all these years to not have a chance to enjoy life a little with Fontelle in their golden years."

8/6/2009
"Fontelle is staying in our Parents' home and her son is there with her now but, that also means an unfamiliar rental car in HIS driveway and a total stranger in HIS house too. Dad was extremely possessive of HIS and our Mother's "stuff"."

8/8/2009
"Our family wanted to be charitible by allowing Fontelle to temporarily stay in our parents' home, until we know more. "

So a week after Mr. Harrod's disappearance, daughter R is posting that they all had such high hopes that their Dad and Fontelle could live happily ever after in whatever lifestyle they wanted. What a strange thing to post on a forum within days of her father's disappearance. Amost as if she knows Mr. Harrod will not be returning. High hopes.....hogwash!

The next day she posts about her "parent's" house. Again, very strange. Fontelle is now married to their father. Their mother has passed. It is not their "parent's" house.

On August 8th R tells the forum readers that she and her family wanted to be charitible by allowing Fontelle to temporarily stay in their "parent's home, until they know more. What does she mean allow? Fontelle is Mr. Harrod's wife. R must know Mr. Harrod will never be returning.

Daughter J and her husband recently adopted a dog. Daughter J posted that the dog has its own song and she'll tie it in with a video soon.

I'm still waiting for the video about her father who's been missing for almost 2 years.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/130/82049?page=3

Daughter J and her husband recently adopted a dog. Daughter J posted that the dog has its own song and she'll tie it in with a video soon.

I'm still waiting for the video about her father who's been missing for almost 2 years.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/130/82049?page=3

Strange....IIRC JuM and JeM recently gave away a dog that their son supposedly found in a dumpster. Apparently with the every three hour feedings and JeM's apnea, JeM looked like death warmed over according to JuM. Once they got rid of the foster pup JeM was able to rest and get color back in his face.

Strange....IIRC JuM and JeM recently gave away a dog that their son supposedly found in a dumpster. Apparently with the every three hour feedings and JeM's apnea, JeM looked like death warmed over according to JuM. Once they got rid of the foster pup JeM was able to rest and get color back in his face.

Maybe they just didn't want the puppy anymore. JeM looked perfectly healthy in an earlier video JuM posted. If neither has a job to go to, what is so stressful?

Bumping for Mr Harrod...almost two years since his disappearance.

Considering the energy and passion with which Bob's daughter JuM rallied the troops on her beloved RotW message board when it was at risk of closing, I'm sure that she has some sort of 4-star media blitz planned to stir up publicity. You'd have to think that she'd enlist her sisters, the trustees of Bob's estate, to assist in the effort. After all, this isn't some message board, puppy, or flag that we're talking about, but her missing father...so I would hope we could expect something that shows how they all care.

I believe the lack of motivation on the part of Mr. Harrod's "biological family " to keep his disappearance in the public eye speaks volumes.

Let us not forget that the last known person to see Mr. Harrod alive, JeM, has never spoken publicly about what exactly happened on July 27, 2009. Both JeM and his wife JuM declined to be interviewed by a newspaper which was doing a story on Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 05:50 PM
skip123, You can share this information as a generic (no names) off the board, I was hesitant to even post that much. This is one of the reasons I have been on here so much, trying to keep my mind busy on our communities instead of things I have no power to change.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/83189?page=1

Of course when ones father is (almost certainly) murdered, one loses the power to change things. She clearly knows he is not coming home or she would be out searching for her father, shouting his name from the mountain tops and doing every and anything she can to find him, and enlist everyone she knows to find him.

I believe the lack of motivation on the part of Mr. Harrod's "biological family " to keep his disappearance in the public eye speaks volumes.

Let us not forget that the last known person to see Mr. Harrod alive, JeM, has never spoken publicly about what exactly happened on July 27, 2009. Both JeM and his wife JuM declined to be interviewed by a newspaper which was doing a story on Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Exactly. There has been nothing but smoke and mirrors from Bobs daughters since the time of his disappearance and likely murder. From the ever changing timeline as to when Bob was last seen, to no direct answer regarding the "odd jobs" Bobs SIL JeM was allegedly asked to do for Bob the day of his disappearance.

How's this for some more smoke and mirrors:

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 02:55 PM
<snip>
One additional thing my hubby did for me. A forever gift. My mom passed away with me at her side on my birthday. He went to pick up her ashes for her celebration of life and scattering her ashes as sea. When he picked them up he had them hold a specific amount aside and had a beautiful diamond created with her ashes. Now I wear her in the ring she left for me in her will. She loved yellow and diamonds and now she is a beautiful yellow and very pure diamond.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/134/83171?page=1

and

Roberta said her father lost his temper that last Sunday. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate. "It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html

The lack of action from Bobs daughters in searching for Bob and the truth behind his mysterious disappearance makes it clear they wish for this to just go away. As much as I would love to be proven wrong, I am certain they will do nothing to commemorate the 2nd anniversary of Bobs disappearance.

jmo

What would lead the family of a missing person to not want to draw attention and remind the public their family member is still missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes