GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get it to load either. There were comments last night that he had been found shot but, I believe that was incorrect. One of the articles I read this morning stated that Wheeler is now a person of interest.
I am the most naive person in the world!! I still believe that Wheeler is injured or dead also. Call me crazy!!

I don't think you're crazy at all! Person of interest and suspect are two different things. Wheeler was the last known person with Ms. Evans, so he is going to be a "person of interest." I think the media these days is as sorry as I've ever seen....they just go wild with all kinds of insinuation and misinformation.
*sigh

Yeah, I think it's a possibility as well. I'm not naive, but law enforcement should be open to all possibilities while investigating.

Darn. . .I wanted to go back and edit my post, but it won't let me.

So as of this morning, they are still searching for him? I wonder what the confusion was last night?

Darn. . .I wanted to go back and edit my post, but it won't let me.

So as of this morning, they are still searching for him? I wonder what the confusion was last night?

I think someone posted it as fact and it grew legs.

Jacob Wheeler has a wife??? Last night I went to bed thinking they had both been found. I am so confused this morning! Must drink coffee and then revisit this thread with some FOCUS! :confused

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

UPDATE #3, 12:50 A.M. TUESDAY
Two major updates: Jacob Wheeler’s wife, Michele Hillier, has advised us via Facebook that authorities were telling her, at about the time we were being told Mr. Wheeler’s body had been found, that they were STILL SEARCHING FOR HIM. We don’t know what this means, as regards whether it’s a manhunt, or a desperate search to find him before harm comes to him from someone else. But that’s what she’s telling us.

The second thing is: our initial source on the manner in which the truck was spotted is being corrected; the truck was spotted by a boy riding a four-wheeler. We’ve had multiple confirmations on this correction.

Michele Hillier is reportedly in either Texas or Florida. When we learn more, we’ll get it to you, but do check our Facebook page, as she’s been posting comments there.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of these two; this is a tragedy no matter which way it goes…but we do hope Jacob Wheeler is found safe.

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2012/08/27/teens-body-found-male-friend-still-missing/

I don't like to say where I live online, but let's just say that it's in the same county.

I think that map is pretty close to the location. County Rd 2150N stops and starts a few times. If you zoom in and look a bit farther to the west, there is a section of the same road that stops right next to the river. I would guess that is where the truck found (but I'm just guessing).

I didn't know Disclosure had a website now. That may not be the best place to get your info...it's kind of an underground paper, dedicated to revealing corruption in Southern Illinois. I'm not sure why they reported that Jacob Wheeler had been found- every other up-to-date site is saying he is still missing and is a person of interest.

It is still possible that someone killed them both, or that they abducted him. I guess it is possible that he could be in the river, but the Little Wabash is not very big or deep. Especially now that we've been in a massive drought all summer. I don't think a body would stay hidden in there very long.

(above bbm)

Thank you...I do believe you have it!

Updated map: http://goo.gl/maps/FguDe

(ETA: Truck found somewhere around the B location)

It is very sad to me that MSM is not following this case closely.

Here is a link from MSM from last night:
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/19390355/body-of-female-found-in-bed-of-pickup-truck

Here is another:
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/aug/28/authorities-still-search-boyfriend-illinois-teen-f/

A volunteer searcher found Wheeler’s 2003 Dodge pickup truck near the Little Wabash River on Monday afternoon. Evans’ body was found in the bed of Wheeler’s pickup truck.

According to White County Sheriff Doug Maier she had “what appeared to be gunshot wounds to the head.” An autopsy is to be performed later today at the White County Morgue in Carmi.

Jacob Wheeler was married. He was estranged from his wife, Michele, police said. She had moved out of state recently and there are no records that either had filed for divorce.

White County State’s Attorney Scott Webb has secured a number of search warrants to examine the victims’ cell phone records, along with the activity on their credit cards.

Police are also examining an abandoned house at a farm near where Evans’ body was found. Darkness prevented police from conducting a thorough search of the old house Monday evening.

Anyone with information about Jacob C. Wheeler’s whereabouts is asked to phone the White County Sheriff’s Department at 618-382-5321.

Wheeler is described as a white male with brown hair and blue eyes. He weighs 140 pounds.

If you find Wheeler's "wife" (apparently they are separated and have talked divorce) you will see this is a fall/spring marriage. She is much older than 22. But, of course, that doesn't matter except for knowledge sake....plenty of these romances and marriages work out great. She is very pretty for sure.....

After viewing Wheeler's FB page, I just find him to be likable. If he did this, it will be very sad...but its sad anyway, isn't it?

After his tour in the Military I wonder if he suffers from PTSD?

I'm ashamed to say I really don't know much about it.

It's too early to consider that I guess since we really don't know what has happened here, but it did cross my mind.

Guys - we are getting lots of conflicting information here and it is a bit difficult to follow. As it stands now, it appears that Jacob has been named a POI. However, I want to caution everyone that we should not jump the gun here. Jacob is open for sleuthing - his facebook is linked. He really seems like a decent kid, so while LE must have a reason for naming him a POI - let's not bash him or tear him up until we get some solid information, okay?

Thanks,

Salem

I guess the earlier post about Wheeler's body being located was a mistake.

Naturally, Wheeler is going to be a person of interest. Whether he did this or not remains to be seen. I don't know why I got the feeling that a third person may have attacked them both....

It was from a news article. I am still wondering about a third person myself. The article said something like Jessica was found, Jacob was still missing and "the driver of the truck has not been located." Now - that really sounds like 3 people, but I'm thinking it was just an error. Hopefully things will settle down a bit and the media will begin to pull the facts together and start checking them before releasing them.

One can hope,

Salem

I'm gonna hold out on thinking Jacob is a bad guy...... I'm still worried he is in danger...
Remember, I'm the naive one!!! BUT, somethings hinky for sure.

After his tour in the Military I wonder if he suffers from PTSD?

I'm ashamed to say I really don't know much about it.

It's too early to consider that I guess since we really don't know what has happened here, but it did cross my mind.

My friends husband, who is a wonderful, loving, fabulously funny man suffers from PTSD and is pretty crazy after returning from deployments. I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happened. I am sad for both parties if it is the case.

JMO

What's weird to me is that on fb, two weeks ago he was out with two other girls. If Jessi was his gf, who are these other two girls? He thanks them for taking him riding (horses). It seems like they were trail riding for a while, something about him being glad to get back to work. That was on August 13th.

Can someone link his fb? I haven't found it ?????
TIA

People around there must be nervous knowing their is a murderer on the loose and not really knowing for sure who it is.

Search Continues for Boyfriend of Slain Teen
August 28, 2012

snipped...Hale says it couldn't have been Jacob who put the truck there because he loved his truck and considered it one of his best friends. She believes a third person is involved and her nephew is also a victim.

Read more: http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=539922

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member