Monday September 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

petra

Reaction score
Looks like a case is being prepared in PT right now against parents.

Being reported on skynews now. Also BBC.

Barriers be put up around police station.

No links yet.

===================================================
BREAKING NEWS

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283359,00.html

===================================================SNIPPET

And the police do appear to be pursuing this case even though the McCanns have gone back to the UK."Chief Inspector Sousa added: "At the moment the inquiry is being prepared to be handed to the prosecutor in charge of the case.
"He will analyse it and after this he will make his decision."
Asked when the papers would be handed over, he said: "Probably during today."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283359,00.html

===================================================SNIPPET

And the police do appear to be pursuing this case even though the McCanns have gone back to the UK."Chief Inspector Sousa added: "At the moment the inquiry is being prepared to be handed to the prosecutor in charge of the case.
"He will analyse it and after this he will make his decision."
Asked when the papers would be handed over, he said: "Probably during today."
Thanks for the link Petra, the P LE must have all the DNA tests back to be able to get all the paperwork ready for the prosecutor to have during the day. Hopefully we will know something soon.

Thanks for the link Petra, the P LE must have all the DNA tests back to be able to get all the paperwork ready for the prosecutor to have during the day. Hopefully we will know something soon.

I truly hope so Shaz; it would be unfortunate if this were yet another case that just dragged on and on and on and on, never really going a anywhere.

I truly hope so Shaz; it would be unfortunate if this were yet another case that just dragged on and on and on and on, never really going a anywhere.
Too right Poco, and then hopefully we will find out where little Madelaine is, bless her little heart.

The McCanns now have an "extradition" lawyer. Of course, we all know they are willing to return to Portugal to be interviewed - that IS what they said, right? (LOL)

Brian Kennedy should choose his words more carefully.

I wanted to scream when he said, "The children are fine."

Maybe Sean and Amelie are okay, but Madeline certainly is NOT fine!!! Has she just been completely excised from the family?

URGE TO SCREAM!!!

Sorry, that statement just hit me all wrong.

The McCanns now have an "extradition" lawyer. Of course, we all know they are willing to return to Portugal to be interviewed - that IS what they said, right? (LOL)

How much you wanna bet that if they get called back, they'll drag those twins with them as a "buffer" against being arrested? "We don't have anyone here to take the twins!!!"

I have been news-googling about madeleine and hitting refresh for a few minutes....it would seem like they are pretty close to charging the McCann's.

I have been news-googling about madeleine and hitting refresh for a few minutes....it would seem like they are pretty close to charging the McCann's.

Almost 8 pm- UK and PT time.

Wonder if it will be tomorrow?

Thanks for the info--my refresh button is worn out!:crazy:

Over the weekend they said the case would be presented Monday, charges and arrests on TUESDAY. So, we probably have to wait another night.

Where are you finding this Bref?????

I don't understand that article at the top of this page. The police found a full DNA match in the trunk of the car that couldn't be explained by transferrence, and couldn't have come from blood on a weeks-dead corpse? So where do they think it came from--a live Maddie?

McCann twins may go into care

By Gordon Rayner, Nick Britten and Caroline Gammell

Last Updated: 7:30pm BST 10/09/2007

Kate and Gerry McCann’s two-year-old twins could be placed on an “at risk” register or taken into care after social workers and police held a lengthy meeting yesterday to discuss the family’s future.
In pictures: The McCanns' journey home
Video: Gerry McCann's statement at airport
Have your say: Should McCanns return home? | McCanns get hate mail Officers from Leicestershire’s child protection team are expected to visit the McCanns within days to assess whether toddlers Sean and Amelie are being cared for properly and whether they have been in any way traumatised by the events of the past four months.
wmaddy1210.jpg
The McCanns and their twins land in EnglandChild welfare experts said social services were obliged to investigate any case where parents were suspected by police of harming their children either at home or abroad, and that placing the twins in foster care could become an option if the McCanns were charged or forced to return to Portugal for lengthy periods.
Kate McCann is said to be “terrified” that she will end up losing all three of her children following the disappearance of the couple’s four-year-old daughter Madeleine from an Algarve holiday resort 131 days ago. The couple were both named last week as official suspects

And this...they've hired two top defense attorneys:

The McCanns have vowed to fight to clear their names, and hired two of the country’s leading solicitors, Michael Caplan QC and Angus McBride, to advise them on how to proceed with defending themselves against allegations that they “accidentally” killed Madeleine and then hid her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member