MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the parents not cooperating because they may have a disagreement with LE. Makes no sense. How is that going to help find Lisa? I'm not buying it.

Well, if the reason for the "rupture" is that LE was being too quiet and the parents wanted to release more info, then we should be hearing lots of PC's from the parents, right?

No longer cooperating? the parents? what happened?

Well, if the reason for the "rupture" is that LE was being too quiet and the parents wanted to release more info, then we should be hearing lots of PC's from the parents, right?

With their attorney sitting beside them. :sick:

wow.. a presser on live teevee just to announce to the public at large that the parents are no longer cooperating

that is s t r a n g e

I don't think I have ever see a thing like it before...

is it a strategic move based on the new info the family may have thought of???

wow...

eta: and right on the back of a previous presser as well..

No longer cooperating? the parents? what happened?

UnKnown at this point, we can only speculate it something to do with an earlier heated discussion with LE

This won't be popular but I'll say it anyway - if anything like this ever happens to you, get a lawyer immediately; THIS DOES NOT MEAN you can't cooperate fully with the police, and I know you would. What it means is that your rights are protected. But I'm guilty of nothing! you say. Fine - then you really need a lawyer. I've read of too many cases - one would be too many - where LE put the screws to parents who were guilty of nothing and fell into a trap. It happens. Forget the "Oh, they lawyered up!" crowd. Know your rights.

I wholeheartedly agree. An attorney at the very least can answer your questions about the process, what LE is doing, why they're doing it, what questions you should ask them, the attorney can ask them questions for you, etc etc etc

wow.. a presser on live teevee just to announce to the public at large that the parents are no longer cooperating

that is s t r a n g e

wow...

strange indeed that is why I was holding out hope maybe this is all staged because LE does believe someone abducted her and wants to open a line for the perp to contact the parents. I'm reaching here for the best answer so my world doesn't BLOW UP

I wholeheartedly agree. An attorney at the very least can answer your questions about the process, what LE is doing, why they're doing it, what questions you should ask them, the attorney can ask them questions for you, etc etc etc

and

you can still cooperate with LE via your attorney

UnKnown at this point, we can only speculate it something to do with an earlier heated discussion with LE

I think it is important to note that it was public too...not in an interrogation room but out in the open as if they just discovered something that upset them.

Perhaps the rumor of shutting down the command center which turned out to be true?

I don't get the parents not cooperating because they may have a disagreement with LE. Makes no sense. How is that going to help find Lisa? I'm not buying it.

Makes no sense at all to me either. MOO is that there something happening in the background re the baby and that is why the parents pulled back. All moo.

It shouldn't matter who is cooperating if they are searching the area for Lisa. Lisa is the one that needs to be found no matter what the parents say or do or anyone else says and does.

Shutting down the command post, that essentially says no more searches...that didn't come from parents not cooperating.
ETA they could believe 100% that the parents are guilty and they should still be searching.

ETA2..you could even argue they should be searching even harder so need the command post more

The only thing the timing tells me is someone lied earlier...or fudged the truth

Sorry I wasn't more clear. It is my opinion that the police are shutting down the command post b/c the parents aren't cooperating b/c they feel the parents are hiding something or aren't being truthful. If there is no reason to believe Lisa is alive, there is no reason to waste resources on searching for her.

I'm just more inclined to believe the police are doing the right thing, as opposed to Lisa's parents are being unfairly questioned about their missing child who was taken under such unusual circumstances.

that is s t r a n g e

wow...

I'd like to think so, but I'm hard-pressed to see LE staging the presser in that fashion. They've been going b*lls out for days now, and I don't think they're finessing it here. They have been great at keeping us informed, and I don't think they're going to use such a tactic; for one thing it wouldn't be fair to citizens of KC.

This won't be popular but I'll say it anyway - if anything like this ever happens to you, get a lawyer immediately; THIS DOES NOT MEAN you can't cooperate fully with the police, and I know you would. What it means is that your rights are protected. But I'm guilty of nothing! you say. Fine - then you really need a lawyer. I've read of too many cases - one would be too many - where LE put the screws to parents who were guilty of nothing and fell into a trap. It happens. Forget the "Oh, they lawyered up!" crowd. Know your rights.

WORD. I'm a clerk at a criminal defense firm - and the innocent really do need a lawyer. The cases in which our clients are actually innocent, but the police suspect them are so much harder, time intensive, draining, and have the potentially for ruining a person's life. LE is only human, which means that some are great and some are not. Some follow the law and some do not. If you're in this situation, consult an attorney ASAP.

LE are meant to be the professionals. I got the idea of a high school pissing match

I am usually the first to come to the defense of LE, but I agree it kindof has that tone.

Emotions and exhaustion seem to taking over here, for everyone.

are people checking comments on this latest news? Maybe a family member or someone close will comment on this.

I remember after Elizabeth Smart was found... her dad talked about how the police were certain he was the one who did it, and how it wore on him emotionally, and how the accusations were constant and continuous, and how they didn't pay much attention to his other daughter who gave the description etc. He said it was a horrifying, brutal, unbelievable time in his life. And as we know, Mr. Smart is an educated, refined man.

And now, I see this young couple and I have to wonder if this same thing isn't happening to them, but unlike Mr. Smart, they probably do not have college degrees and don't know where to turn under this extreme pressure, other than to say "STOP!" I am not being critical of their education (dh is an electrician!) but I'm just saying...

And, I suspect the press conference was to put pressure on the parents to change their mind and decide to cooperate again. Public pressure can be HUGE!

Sorry I wasn't more clear. It is my opinion that the police are shutting down the command post b/c the parents aren't cooperating b/c they feel the parents are hiding something or aren't being truthful. If there is no reason to believe Lisa is alive, there is no reason to waste resources on searching for her.

I'm just more inclined to believe the police are doing the right thing, as opposed to Lisa's parents are being unfairly questioned about their missing child who was taken under such unusual circumstances.

Disagree. They need her dead or alive. If only for the forensics and a trial that will work a lot better with her little body and they weren't searching 'live' places. All these hours and days, she is dead if in a man hole or the woods.

It shouldn't matter who is cooperating if they are searching the area for Lisa. Lisa is the one that needs to be found no matter what the parents say or do or anyone else says and does.

Shutting down the command post, that essentially says no more searches...that didn't come from parents not cooperating.
ETA they could believe 100% that the parents are guilty and they should still be searching.

ETA2..you could even argue they should be searching even harder so need the command post more

The only thing the timing tells me is someone lied earlier...or fudged the truth

In the presser a bit ago, the policeman says the area has almost been saturated in searching. A few minutes later, the command post is shut down, which he said would happen when they were done with the ground search.

Are the parents upset, thinking the baby isn't going to get enough time without a command center or are the police shutting down the command center because the parents have stopped cooperating? Or, have they finally exhausted their search of the neighborhood and are now ready to tackle leads away from there and don't need a command post for that?

I'm rambling and lost here. I want to believe this baby is alive but the more time I spend on these forums and the more MP I invest myself in, the more I'm learning how truly evil our world really is right under the pretty surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam