I-71, I-75 Highway Serial Killings, OH/IN/MI

Here is a new Ohio highway map with the red dots showing the approximate locations of the eight victims of the Ohio Trucker Serial Killer, who murdered prostitutes in Ohio during the early 1980's to early 1990's.

So far I have determined that six of the victims have been identified and two of the victims are still unidentified.

Here is the chronological list of the eight victims of the Ohio Trucker Serial Killer that I came up with, based on the locations where the victims were found in Ohio.

April 24, 1981 Miami County, Ohio Unid Female, age late teens to mid 20’s. Found in ditch on Greenlee Road near State Route 55, approximately 5 miles west of I-75. Case also known as Buckskin Girl.

June 6, 1985 Richland County, Ohio Marcia Katherine Mathews, age 25, on I-71 north of Mansfield.

July 20, 1986 Medina County, Ohio Shirley Dean Taylor, age 23, at a closed public rest stop on I-71 near the I-76 interchange.

December 4, 1986 Ashland County, Ohio April Barnett, age 18, on I-71, 3 miles north of US Route 30.

March 23, 1987 Warren County, Ohio Anna Marie Patterson, age 27, on I-71 north of Cincinnati.

August 10, 1987 Montgomery County, Ohio Paula Beverly Davis, age 21, on I-70 near Hoke Road.

April 19, 1990 Licking County, Ohio Unid Female, age late 20’s to late 30’s, behind a truck stop at I-70 and State Route 37 near Hebron, Ohio.

November 5, 1990 Wood County, Ohio Katherine Hill, age 26, I-280, south of State Route 795.

Two of the unidentified victims have threads on WebSleuths.

Buckskin Girl

OH OH - Troy (Miami County) "Buckskin Girl" - WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 *GRAPHIC* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/133ufoh.html

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4790

Hebron Jane Doe

OH OH - Licking County - WhtFem 561UFOH, 25-40, Behind Pilot Truck Stop, Apr'90 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://doenetwork.org/cases/561ufoh.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/4768

Attachments

• Ohio Trucker SK Victims Map.GIF
    Ohio Trucker SK Victims Map.GIF
    70.4 KB · Views: 85
Bumping this thread and asking for help from all you sleuths out there that care about "invisible victims"

TIA!

One of the news articles mentioned two unid female victims that were found in Eastern Indiana during the early 1980's near the Indiana-Ohio border.

The first unid victim was discovered in Wayne County, Indiana on December 26, 1982. She was found 2 miles north of I-70 and 15 west of the Indiana-Ohio border.

Clog type shoes were found with her clothing, so I refer this victim as Clog Shoe Woman. The area where Clog Shoe Woman was found is 42 miles from where Buckskin Girl was found in Miami County, Ohio on April 19, 1981.

Clog Shoe Woman

IN IN - Wayne County - White Female 491UFIN, 18-22, Dec 1982 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://doenetwork.org/cases/491ufin.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/4842

Union County Jane Doe

The second unid victim was discovered in Union County, Indiana on February 22, 1984. She was found on US Route 27 in Union County. Union County, Indiana is next to and south of Wayne County, Indiana.

The victim is not listed on Doe Network and is only listed on Namus.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4847

What is scary is that Ohio don't seem to do much for those who have been charged. And that if a trucker is to assult a woman he can just go get another trucking job with out any worries well still having a warrant for his arrest.
I know all to well what is like to put up a fight for your life in the back of a semi truck and how it felt to get away and find help. Only after finding help the trucker fled on foot. He lost his job because the police contacted his company he works for.
I of course check up on the case from time to time to see if the man was caught and he wasnt yet he does have a warrant for his arrest. I know who he is and decided if Ohio won't do much for me and take this as serious as it was that I would find out more. Only to find out that the guy lost his job yet was able to get another trucking job within months. How does that work? Don't these trucking companies do backround checks? Can anyone help me out on trying to let his new company he works for know so that another young woman don't end up hurt or even worse killed? Because he was trying to kill me I just got lucky and got away.

I see that at least 11 of the women were killed within a 2 hour drive of where we live. This should serve as a warning for women not to work as prostitutes at rest stops. Its very dangerous. We have had problems in Michigan of prostition and gay sex occurring at some rest stops in and close to our county. I avoid stopping at those rest stops when we are driving somewhere. There are a lot of prostitutes in Flint and some of them have been killed at various times, but probably not by a serial killer. A woman must be desperate to try to earn money that way. Aside from the moral and legal issues, its a dangerous business and I don't think its all that profitable either. When my husband was studying food service in college, he had to work 400 hours in the kitchen at the jail in Flint as part of his studies. Several incarcerated women prostitutes helped him in the kitchen. One of them was murdered when she got out of jail.

I see that at least 11 of the women were killed within a 2 hour drive of where we live. This should serve as a warning for women not to work as prostitutes at rest stops. Its very dangerous. We have had problems in Michigan of prostition and gay sex occurring at some rest stops in and close to our county. I avoid stopping at those rest stops when we are driving somewhere. There are a lot of prostitutes in Flint and some of them have been killed at various times, but probably not by a serial killer. A woman must be desperate to try to earn money that way. Aside from the moral and legal issues, its a dangerous business and I don't think its all that profitable either. When my husband was studying food service in college, he had to work 400 hours in the kitchen at the jail in Flint as part of his studies. Several incarcerated women prostitutes helped him in the kitchen. One of them was murdered when she got out of jail.

I don't think that all these woman are prostitutes. I am sure a big majority of them are. But I know for one I am not a prostitute and never have been. This was a guy I had been dating for a few months who attacked me. Granted I was stupid to be so trusting with a new boyfriend but it makes me wonder how many other women may have not of actually been prostitutes but yet young and dumb and was riding along then got a taste of what this guy was really all about. Just makes me wonder a bit why these trucking companies are not doing their jobs and running background checks. And also makes me wonder if this guy I was with had killed a prostitute or two.

I also read a very sad story and should go look up the link and post it here about two young woman who were kidnapped and forced to prostitute at truck stops. They were both underage. I always thought of these two girls when ever I would see a young girl at a truck stop and couldn't help but wonder if they were there willingly or forced by a pimp.

That's true. We shouldn't conclude that. However this article says (@ Anna Marie Patterson.)

" An autopsy revealed that she had been killed within 48 hours of her disappearance. Disturbingly, the condition of her body clearly indicated that the killer had kept it refrigerated for nearly a month. "

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mur_prostitute_serial_killer.htm

So I was thinking maybe he kept them in a refrigerated trailor. Just speculation on my part. I should probably delete the above post so people don't assume that's correct. Thanks Bessie. I thought I'd have fresher eyes today and I do but my brain is muddled! ;)

You would think that it had to of been a refrigerated trailor because I just don't see how anyone could keep a woman froze in his truck bed. Unless if the perp is from Ohio and had kept them at his house.

I just wanna bump this thread. I haven't been in a position to slueth or even comment much lately. My SO got a "stay in one place job." unfortunately, the internet and phone connection in this little town of 1700 population SUCKS and our laptop seems to have "died" :(( I only hope and pray that these murders stay in the forefront!

What is scary is that Ohio don't seem to do much for those who have been charged. And that if a trucker is to assult a woman he can just go get another trucking job with out any worries well still having a warrant for his arrest.
I know all to well what is like to put up a fight for your life in the back of a semi truck and how it felt to get away and find help. Only after finding help the trucker fled on foot. He lost his job because the police contacted his company he works for.
I of course check up on the case from time to time to see if the man was caught and he wasnt yet he does have a warrant for his arrest. I know who he is and decided if Ohio won't do much for me and take this as serious as it was that I would find out more. Only to find out that the guy lost his job yet was able to get another trucking job within months. How does that work? Don't these trucking companies do backround checks? Can anyone help me out on trying to let his new company he works for know so that another young woman don't end up hurt or even worse killed? Because he was trying to kill me I just got lucky and got away.

That's scary Gia! Thank God you got away! If you know his name you could do a backgrond check on him. It's likely that he has done it before and after. Quite possibly repsonsible for one or more if the Ohio truck stop murders. Was he charged in the assault on you?

That's scary Gia! Thank God you got away! If you know his name you could do a backgrond check on him. It's likely that he has done it before and after. Quite possibly repsonsible for one or more if the Ohio truck stop murders. Was he charged in the assault on you?

Yes he was charged. I went back to testify also to make sure he sat some time just recently. I was pleased with the out come. Happy I kept pushing this until something was done.

My God there are so many!

My SO of 6 years has been driving OTR for two years now. We don't have a CB and, (from what he heard in his trainers truck) he said I wouldn't care to hear what's being said (when I suggested a CB may be fun).

Daily, I walk to and from the truckstop with little or no fear. There are times I feel uneasy (if my SO is inside watching a game on television and I am in the truck and have to walk inside to use the bathroom and it's dark for example) but for the most part, the truckers seem very polite and respectful.

From what I am reading there is another subculture out here. I just haven't seen it. Truck stops apparently have changed a great deal for the better in the last decade or two.

There have been a handful of times that a "lot lizard" knocked on our truck. We'd laugh about it, but I always wondered why they took such risks. I mean what better way to get snatched and killed is there?

Some may remind me that I took alot of chances when I was an adult entertainer and they would be right. However there seems to be a special risk involved when you choose to climb into a strangers truck.

I am sad that life got so bad for these women that they felt that they had no other alternative. Or maybe, like me, (when I used to entertain strangers in an upscale hotel room or thier home) they felt a false sense of security. A feeling that they had their big girl panties on and could take care of themselves.

I am terrified to know that monsters really do exist and angry at a world who seems to care so little about these "throwaway" victims.

They deserve justice! RIP ladies.

Justiceforever,
What ever you do, do not go on the CB!!! lol I had the fine pleasure to go on the CB a few times. I actually thought it was funny for the most part. But was down in Texas and things got a little scary on the CB. And it takes a lot to creep me out.
But there definitely is another subculture out there. I'm not sure if this has been brought up. But, I found out well listening to the CB that what they do is turn it to another channel. Not the typical channel you would use to casually talk to other truckers and ask questions. On this other channel is where the "lot lizards" do their advertising. I guess they hook up with one trucker then use his CB to then offer their services to other truckers off this channel. And of course you got the ones who also are bold enough to just knock on the truck door.
The pure thought of claiming into a truckers truck with out knowing him in the middle of the night gives me the creeps. I have no idea how some of these girls can be so bold. Other then I do know that some are being forced to do so. But you definitely got the willing ones as well.

The majority of the Ohio victims in the mid 80's fall along a north/south route on I-71/75. The victims in the beginning of the 90's fall more along an east/west route, which seems to indicate the possibility of more than one killer being involved.

Paula Beverly Davis (body found August 1987) was a Jane Doe until she was identified in 2011. Her family insists they saw her the day before soliciting at a truck stop in Kansas City. Seems to narrow down the route her killer took considerably. I know there was a very active killer in KC back then - anybody have info on that?

Marsha Matthews, April Barnett, and Lamonica Cole are all black females and have other small details inconsistent with the rest, which would indicate a third potential killer. Any of those three may link up to another killer in other states.

I notice a lot of chatter about the refrigerated truck, but in February/March in northern Ohio, you don't NEED a refrigerated truck to preserve a body. I think that detail has thrown a lot of great minds into a tail spin.

My sister and another friend my sister knew and hung around with Shirley for a few months, my sister said that last time she seen Shirley was up on the west side of Cleveland at exotic dancing places on Brookpark Road. She first met Shirley at a bar called Paul's pub in Medina, its been since changed to another name and new owners as of 2015, I found this out a week ago about the new name and new owners. They said that Paul disappeared. I don't know the real truth of that. What I heard about Paul's pub that there was alot of motorcycles and bikers there, also truck drivers would show up there. Also the Pelican (sp?) was a hung out for bikers and exotic dancers were there, the city officials drove them out of Medina co from the Pelican, that place would always been packed when we would drive past there. My sister was a few years younger than Shirley. That's what I knew of the story of Shirley what my sister said of her. And yes she was a exotic dancer too. I met Shirley once when she came over to my parents home. By the looks of her, she didn't seem all that great, the way she was too weird. But my father liked her.

My mother is one of the victims, I'm looking for answers & help getting DNA samples, however the Richland County police seem not to care much at all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back